• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Incidentally, W-1 confirmed that El Patron (Del Rio) will be wrestling Masakatsu Funaki! That's something actually worth paying attention to W-1 for, I'd say.

Lambda would have loved that
12921%20-%20Raw%20autoplay_gif%20crying%20eve_torres%20gif%20wwe.gif

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
I thought that was a different Lana there for a bit.

Mizdow is great but they might be giving him too much camera time and it will kill his schtick. Seemed like half the match on Raw was Shamus and The Miz and half just Mizdow.

Good to see they are working into matches much better now, great finish for them.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Our goal is to provide the most realistic and authentic WWE game ever. With that being said, we also want to ensure the game plays at a solid 60 FPS at full 1080p resolution and that all game mechanics are properly tuned and engaging. We are still working through the optimization and tuning for the game, so we are not yet able to comment on how many WWE Superstars we can support in the ring at the same time.

I still bet it ends up 720p. Because that would be the carny thing to do.

Alucard

Banned
RD Evans selling a quad injury right at the start of a tag match so that he can tag out.
EvansQuad.gif

...and the end of the match with Evans stealing the victory for his team. He was the legal man.
EvansSteals.gif

#TheNewStreak continues. Fun times in ROH, friends.

Fox318

WWE is gonna have recordings of someone announce the wrestlers.

They are cutting corners to save as much cash as possible.

I also didn't include all the times he crushed a popular mid card act on Raw in a 5 minute match for no reason. Or defeated a tag team with ease in a handicap match. The biggest example that comes to mind was a random complete squash of Cody Rhodes on Raw when he had been working hard for months to get over as a heel. This was within the last 2 years. I believe it twas during the time he was teaming with Sandow. They had a match on Raw for no reason that was a complete squash. Cena is 100x worse than Hogan just based on how different the modern WWE TV style is. Hogan basically only wrestled on SNME and PPVs, and the dudes that worked with him would have another 10 years of making money in WWE or WCW as long as they weren't super hard to work with or complete fuck ups. Even though Hulk would always Hulk Up and kick out of finishers, he sold like death for dudes.

Cena wrestles almost every week for 9 years and guys who work programs with him have to start all over again or find work elsewhere. There is a consistent pattern of guys taking huge hits to their careers after working with Cena. Both on the mic and in ring. The pattern is so consistent and blatant that only a dumb dumb the likes of Aiii would believe it is just coincidental. Only the same type of Aiii level dumb dumb would believe that he doesn't have a say in what he does. That same Aiii type would be naive enough to think that he isn't aware of how he kills gimmicks on the mic and in the ring. He's not a politician like Hogan was, but he doesn't need to be. His role is to step in and say "this is a bad idea, it's going to hurt X". He's way, way past the point of beating every top up and comer being something that helps him get/stay over. As the top guy and defacto leader, it's up to him to reject ideas that put him over at the expense of hurting guys. After nearly a decade of doing the opposite, I think it is fair to assume he's a bit of a shit head and partially to blame for the lack of new stars and boring ass shows.

Ah, but you see stro, if Cena beats one of our precious "indie-darlings" (heh) they must have not been good in the first place

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The real highlight of 2k15 will be the easy uploading of video and screenshots with the new consoles of the buggy mess. It makes me sad about no new Skate to exploit this.

Jamie OD

The real highlight of 2k15 will be the easy uploading of video and screenshots with the new consoles of the buggy mess. It makes me sad about no new Skate to exploit this.

It will be a glorious fountain of bugs awaiting us. But only when the PS4 actually remembers to record the bloody thing.

It will be a glorious fountain of bugs awaiting us. But only when the PS4 actually remembers to record the bloody thing.

Yes, the glitches will lead to plenty of entertainment on youtube. I'm sure some enterprising young'un will slap some JR commentary over them for a grand old time.

Cagey

Banned
Ah, but you see stro, if Cena beats one of our precious "indie-darlings" (heh) they must have not been good in the first place

The truth is in the middle. Cena is everything strokoran says. But the contrarian gimmick has some truth to his sentiments too: these other guys need to go through the Cena Trials and come out with the crowd behind them.

Is it purely Cena's -- or creative's -- fault that Ambrose/Rollins cooled down? That Reigns looks like a stooge next to Cena? They need to collectively make themselves more appealing to the audience. The whole audience, too, not just the fans who go nuts for anyone who they can turn to their friend and smugly say "yeah I always knew (using the indies name) would be big time."

So... I wouldn't give this too much merit normally. It's probably a flub, and I'd be extremely shocked if it wasn't. Don't know if any of the gamescom hands-on have said anything. I'm thinking maybe this is the last gen versions blurb, and they pasted it over.

But.
On the WWE 2k15 store page on PSN. It says, '720p HD Video Output'

Well they finally reached PS3 level graphics. Why not resolution too? Wait for the PS5 version if you want 1080p.

Anyone else really enjoy Bruce Tharpe-des? I don't think the character could work anywhere else but Japan, he's so over the top, in the vein of proper old-school managers. He's been the best thing about the New Japan partnership with the NWA, that's for sure.

Tharpe.gif

Tharpe1.gif

Liger.gif

Incidentally, W-1 confirmed that El Patron (Del Rio) will be wrestling Masakatsu Funaki! That's something actually worth paying attention to W-1 for, I'd say.

He is hilarious and fantastic. Chase Stevens, not so much. Dood has no presence at all.

Sephzilla

Really though, I loathed Roberts as a ring announcer. He grossly overdid it with his announcing. His voice was generally annoying to me. And he had this horrible habit of never breaking eye contact with the camera.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else really enjoy Bruce Tharpe-des? I don't think the character could work anywhere else but Japan, he's so over the top, in the vein of proper old-school managers. He's been the best thing about the New Japan partnership with the NWA, that's for sure.

I love Bruce Tharpe-des as well. And I agree he only works in Japan. He's wonderful, and as much as I sorta think it's a waste of his ability being stuck where he is, it really is a perfect fit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hang on, why is Randy Orton trending at this hour? And before you dipshits ask, no I don't have it tailored to my interests.

He liked Arrow.

You have failed this city.

Everyone likes Arrow, doe.

Aiii has saved this city.

I love Bruce Tharpe-des as well. And I agree he only works in Japan. He's wonderful, and as much as I sorta think it's a waste of his ability being stuck where he is, it really is a perfect fit.

Being stuck in Japan isn't a bad thing. Remember, before all this stuff in NJPW, he was just a promoter. He didn't really do a lot. But his exaggerated asshole foreigner nonsense totally works there.

Top Bottom