• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

Hasney

I got Theatrerythm: Curtain Call yesterday and it got me thinking this could work with wrestling themes. WWE Anthology music game on the 3DS/Vita.

New page:

rko-to-stacy-keibler-o.gif

Into

They really need to stick with Rusev, possibly beyond Mania, he and Lana are a great act and are very over, granted that is amplified by a very real situation with Russia, but as far as foreign heels, this is one of the better ones in the last 15+ years.

Sephzilla

They really need to stick with Rusev, possibly beyond Mania, he and Lana are a great act and are very over, granted that is amplified by a very real situation with Russia, but as far as foreign heels, this is one of the better ones in the last 15+ years.

I think they'll stick with Rusev until Mania. But I think Mania is where he gets APPLEDOUGH'D

Gonzalez

Banned
So how long until WWE ruins RKO vines?

King: Hey guys you've ever heard of Vines?
Cole: No only Tout, but go ahead.
King: Well there is this new trend called RKO Vines that's sweeping the globe. Look check this out...

*fake laughing*

JBL: I love it Maggle! The WWE Universe is growing each and everyday.

Sephzilla

Orton needs a new gimmick or a modified version of the one he's currently doing. He has these flashes where he's actually a really entertaining guy (THERE'S NO BELL TO RING) and he occasionally has really entertaining matches. They need to find a way to bring that out of him on a more consistent basis.

Again though, I think Orton is a victim of the "titles are meaningless era". 10+ time world champ before hitting his mid-30's = he's now on auto pilot the rest of his career.

They really need to put that US Title on him. I wonder when that is going to happen.

King: Hey guys you've ever heard of Vines?
Cole: No only Tout, but go ahead.
King: Well there is this new trend called RKO Vines that's sweeping the globe. Look check this out...

*fake laughing*

JBL: I love it Maggle! The WWE Universe is growing each and everyday.

This is how I imagined it.

Ithil

You've got two ways of interacting with Cena as a face. You either are the "equal" where he gives backhanded compliments, does a preacher voice at you about how you're "fired up" or "hungry" but that he will still be the top guy and takes your spotlight (like Ambrose is getting now, and folks like Punk got in the past), or worse, you are Cena's lil' buddy.

The standard lil' buddy example for Cena is Zack Ryder, but there have been many. Cena is suddenly best buddies with this midcarder, does tag matches with him, and constantly must bail this buddy out of trouble as he can't defend himself, or said buddy exists solely to "even the odds" against a team and is discarded and never mentioned again by Cena once the heel of the month is defeated. They supposedly "get the rub" of having worked with Cena, but really only existed to get beaten up and take the pins in tag matches.

See, Evan Bourne, the Usos, Ryder as stated, Big E, etc.

And yes, there is a crossover between being Cena's "equal" and his lil' buddy, Punk and Bryan both got hit with elements of it at times, and even Orton did when he was a face.

First matches for Power Struggle announced;

. Special Singles Match: AJ Styles vs Yoshi Tatsu
. Special Tag Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi & Kota Ibushi vs Kazuchika Okada & YOSHI-HASHI
. IWGP Intercontinental Title: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs Katsuyori Shibata

Also, it looks like Ryusuke Taguchi may have broken his ankle in the match with El Desperado yesterday. I think he injured it right at the end, when he hit the Dodon's Throne. Hopefully it's not too serious, worst time of year to get injured in New Japan, what with the Tokyo Dome show on the horizon.

It does suck for Taguchi, but having a Jr. Heavyweight match for the vacant title at Wrestle Kingdom could be fun with Ibushi, Omega, and maybe a couple outside guys or a couple guys from the Jr. tag division.

And why is Nakamura vs. Shibata happening next month and not at Wrestle Kingdom? What do they have planned for the IC title at Wrestle Kingdom?

Jamie OD

The RKO is the only interesting thing about Orton now. He's done the Austin style "Don't Trust Anybody" gimmick before where he RKOs everyone regardless of which side they're on. May as well do that again. Or steal DDP's gimmick where every week he does the RKO in a new way.

#AstinSlodOut
I have never forgotten this sign since I first laid eyes on it, I'm sure it was at WWE Insurrextion 2001 and it never stops amusing me, that damn Astin, slod his soul to the devil himself.

I got Theatrerythm: Curtain Call yesterday and it got me thinking this could work with wrestling themes. WWE Anthology music game on the 3DS/Vita.

As long as we get the mini chibi versions of the wrestlers as well, instead of creating a four man party it would be a faction.

Everyone shits on the WWE games, and while I can acknowledge all the flaws, I still have a great time with them. So bring on 2k15.

HOW IS ISHII SO GOOD?

HOW?

I think it may be literally impossible for the guy to have even an average match. At the rate he's going, the guy could probably get a 4+ star match out of Khali. He's just on another level. Right now it's either him or AJ in the WOTY race for me.

TL21xx

Banned
It does not look like Daniel Bryan will be returning at the 2015 WWE Royal Rumble after all.

Bryan is still not regaining strength in his arm and word once again is that he may need surgery.

Bryan was trying to have the other surgery back in August but doctors said maybe he wouldn't need it. Bryan wanted to go ahead and get surgery out of the way so he could return.

It's no longer looking like Bryan will be back for the Rumble but he should be back in time for WrestleMania 31.

Source: F4Wonline .com

This sucks.

It does suck for Taguchi, but having a Jr. Heavyweight match for the vacant title at Wrestle Kingdom could be fun with Ibushi, Omega, and maybe a couple outside guys or a couple guys from the Jr. tag division.

And why is Nakamura vs. Shibata happening next month and not at Wrestle Kingdom? What do they have planned for the IC title at Wrestle Kingdom?

Ibushi's officially switched to the heavyweights, so he likely won't be competing for the Jr's title again - hopefully Taguchi's good to go by Wrestle Kingdom, it looked like they were setting up Taichi as the next challenger.

As for Shibata vs Nakamura, this year they've had a pattern of trying to do one show headlined by the main title, one show headlined by the IC title - King of Pro-Wrestling got the main title, Power Struggle gets the IC title. It's obviously a perfect match for Wrestle Kingdom, though, so I'm hoping Shibata wins the belt and then Nakamura gets a rematch at Wrestle Kingdom.

According to Meltzer, Willie Mack's release had something to do with "medical or physical test results". Also, Dave says Justin Roberts' release wasn't a budget cut thing. There's more to it, but he's not sure what it is just yet.

Lol, never fucking trust anyone when it comes to Bryan news now. This is a trap.

A guy who thought he may have to have surgery having to have surgery is a trap?

Hah, Shibata's funky new submission hold he used on Nakamura yesterday was the 'Palo Special', taken from Kinnikuman character Warsman;

i3fUB5d.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNMzk5EQ8ZY

Shibata >
Too bad I could never get into Kinnikuman because of some awful character designs.

Bryan news is a damn shame. It's almost as shameful as NJPW. It's the same four fucking wrestlers in the title picture. Sign some more talent, the dojo system has to go.

I'm sure we will see Willie Mack in EVOLVE soon enough. Where the fuck is my PWG 11 DVD? Been two and half weeks Gabe.....

Gonzalez

Banned
It's going to be a wild ride to find the next "Man" after Cena. I'm hoping for a modern version of "The Late Shift" based around this future shitstorm.

somedevil

Well Bryan not being in the rumble makes more easy for Reigns to win it. Though with Ambrose gaining steam and the rumble being in Phily will now be his next hurdle.

edit: WWE was also stupid and just should of let Bryan have the surgery instead of this happening and delaying his return more.

Top Bottom