• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

Jamie OD

Hah, Shibata's funky new submission hold he used on Nakamura yesterday was the 'Palo Special', taken from Kinnikuman character Warsman;

i3fUB5d.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNMzk5EQ8ZY

Shibata >

I freaked out when I saw that. I also so badly want New Japan to make Shibata/Warsman T-shirts now.

kiguel182

The main event stuff on Raw was great. Ambrose isn't a Cena "buddy", they are handling him really well. Hopefully he and Rollins main-event HIAC and put on a hell of a show.

Sandow doing amazing stuff as always. The camera focusing more and more in him it's a good sign even if too much attention kind of ruins the whole appeal of the thing. Still, I think good things will come out of it and until them I'm really enjoying it.

Rusev is a face in my book right now. The stuff he said about Colombus was right and then he got attacked by two man, one of them double his size. Lana is also amazing so that helps.

Bryan news really bum me out. Hopefully he gets well soon and they can have an awesome feud for Mania season. He would never win the Rumble anyway but it sucks that he isn't there for health reasons. When he does come back he needs to be in a good spot.

Joeki11a

Banned
Randy cry baby orton got what he wanted?
probably threaten to leave, this guy is
Irrelevant, let Ambrose Rollins Wade, Bray Zigs etc run with Cena rub get the hell out of their way.

Jamie OD

Bryan news is a damn shame. It's almost as shameful as NJPW. It's the same four fucking wrestlers in the title picture. Sign some more talent, the dojo system has to go.

Although I'm not bothered by New Japan's main event repetitiveness yet, I do agree that they need to make more viable contenders. Guys like Goto, Naito, Makabe and Shibata do make good challengers but I fear Goto and Makabe have had gone through too many title shots in recent years without winning the big one.

The dojo system comment is an interesting one. I do know that New Japan were caught a little off guard when DDT announced a bunch of new trainees recently and one of them said he chose to be with DDT rather than treat it as Plan B. It used to be that the lower Japanese promotions were filled with rejects of the big promotions, either they "escape" the dojo or were never accepted in the first place. Now the new wrestlers who join DDT or Dragon Gate or Big Japan, etc. do so because they want to be there.

2K15 season pass

Rick rude !!!

Accelerator
Players will gain instant access to all unlockable content available in the game (excluding downloadable content);
The Accelerator will be available for a suggested price of $1.99.

2K Showcase: One More Match
Story focused on the rivalry between WWE Superstars Randy Orton and Christian in 2011;
Playable WWE Superstars: Christian, Randy Orton, Edge, Mark Henry and Sheamus;
Playable arenas from 2011: SmackDown®, Extreme Rules®, Over the Limit® and Capitol Punishment®;
2K Showcase: One More Match will be available for a suggested price of $9.99.

2K Showcase: Hall of Pain
Story focused on top matches for WWE Superstar Mark Henry;
Playable WWE Superstars: Mark Henry, Big Show, Kane, Jey Uso, Jimmy Uso, Sheamus, The Great Khali, Randy Orton, Daniel Bryan and Ryback;
Playable arenas: SmackDown (2011), Vengeance® (2011) and WrestleMania® 29;
2K Showcase: Hall of Pain will be available for a suggested price of $9.99.

2K Showcase: Path of the Warrior
Story focused on the career of WWE Hall of Famer Ultimate Warrior;
Playable WWE Hall of Famers: Ultimate Warrior, Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant and Sgt. Slaughter;
Playable WWE Legends: Honky Tonk Man, Rick Rude, Macho King and Colonel Mustafa;
Playable WWE Superstars: Undertaker and Hunter Hearst Helmsley;
Access to WWE Hall of Fame ring announcer Howard Finkel and WWE managers Jimmy Hart, Bobby Heenan, Paul Bearer, Sherri, Sid Justice and General Adnan;
Playable arenas: WrestleMania VI, VII and XII; SummerSlam® (1988, 1990 and 1991); Saturday Night’s Main Event XXIV and Madison Square Garden®;
2K Showcase: Path of the Warrior will be available for a suggested price of $9.99.

WCW Pack
Playable WCW Superstars: Fit Finlay, Lord Steven Regal, Bam Bam Bigelow, Diamond Dallas Page and Lex Luger;
The WCW Pack will be available for a suggested price of $7.99.
NXT Arrival

Playable NXT Superstars: JBL, Adam Rose and The Ascension (Konnor and Victor);
Playable NXT Diva: Emma;
NXT Arrival will be available for a suggested price of $6.99.

New Moves Pack
Moves Pack: More than 30 new moves, including an alternate version of Sister Abigail (performed from the ring corner and made popular by Bray Wyatt) and Multiple Gut Wrenches (made popular by Cesaro);
The New Moves Pack will be available for a suggested price of $3.99.

Sephzilla

What is the Punk doing? This guy doesnt see how its wide open for a surprised return?

Vince isn't going to try to woo Punk back unless Cena goes down with an injury.

Bryan, Reigns, Ambrose, Rollins, Orton, Ziggler, and Swagger could all go down with injuries but if Cena is still good then Vince will act like everything is fine.

Real fucking shame that nobody is willing to translate Kinnikuman to English anymore. Did you know that they revived the original manga(modern Doctor Who style) not to long ago? What a fucking waste.
Revived? I thought it was just a continuation. Brah fought Shiva and shit.

Gonzalez

Banned
Tons and tons of bodies for the WWE to put on screen but so little star power to headline shows. Damn.

The WWE really needs five more NXT's to try to develop and regain the top star talent power pro wrestling lost in the 80's, and 90's. But the fucking budget cuts, yo.

It's alright, friend.

We're getting the fresh and never done before Sina vs Orton feud instead.

Fun times ahead!
That was BS last night on how they ended up doing that pole match. Truthfully I wished they made Sina and Unstable wrestle twice at the PPV.. The pole match and then their other match

Ibushi's officially switched to the heavyweights, so he likely won't be competing for the Jr's title again - hopefully Taguchi's good to go by Wrestle Kingdom, it looked like they were setting up Taichi as the next challenger.

As for Shibata vs Nakamura, this year they've had a pattern of trying to do one show headlined by the main title, one show headlined by the IC title - King of Pro-Wrestling got the main title, Power Struggle gets the IC title. It's obviously a perfect match for Wrestle Kingdom, though, so I'm hoping Shibata wins the belt and then Nakamura gets a rematch at Wrestle Kingdom.

I'm hoping the same in regards to the IC title.

And I forgot that Ibushi is now in the heavyweight division. I remember him doing that for the G1, but last year he was in the G1 and went back to Jr. later so I assumed it'd be the same. Well, good luck to him in the Tanahashi/Okada division.

Tons and tons of bodies for the WWE to put on screen but so little star power to headline shows. Damn.

They could make stars if everything wasn't 50/50 booking and Hunter/Steph constantly reminding everyone that the wrestlers aren't individuals and serve them and their whim.

strobogo

Banned
Play as Sid!*

*As a manager*

Now that Sting is in, he's really the last big name of the past 20 years to not make it into a game besides Owen. And they put him in as a manager. I can't believe they are selling the PS3/360 versions for full price when they are so gimped as to not include the most hyped new mode or the graphical updates. They sold the PS2 versions for cheaper once they jumped to next gen. Selling half a game for full price is shameful shit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That is really cool Mark Henry gets a Showcase. That is super fucking cool.

Not so cool is Christian shitting up the joint.

I love Rusev. I do. I've been cheering him on since he killed Mojo Rawlins in NXT. Then he faced a string of people I don't like and they failed America (in good matches no less).

They booked him to look huge this week then. That's great.

But just remember what this all leads to.

Remember Umaga. Another monster that defeated ex champ after ex champ in a series of great matches until...

YOUR TIME IS UP MY TIME IS STILL NOW AND IT HAS BEEN FOR THE LAST DECADE PLUS SO PREPARE TO BE DESTROYED AND TO NEVER BE CREDIBLE AGAIN.

WM2015 we're going to see Rusev boxing Floyd Mayweather and Ronda Rousey and losing.

DMczaf

So after years of HBK, Taker and Austin avoiding the question, Austin finally confirmed on his latest podcast that Taker threatened to shoot fight HBK in the locker room at WM14 if he didn't do the job to Austin.

That's how a real locker room leader does it. #dabigdog #wrasslerscourt

I love Rusev. I do. I've been cheering him on since he killed Mojo Rawlins in NXT. Then he faced a string of people I don't like and they failed America (in good matches no less).

Remember Umaga. Another monster that defeated ex champ after ex champ in a series of great matches until...

YOUR TIME IS UP MY TIME IS STILL NOW AND IT HAS BEEN FOR THE LAST DECADE PLUS SO PREPARE TO BE DESTROYED AND TO NEVER BE CREDIBLE AGAIN.

WM2015 we're going to see Rusev boxing Floyd Mayweather and Ronda Rousey and losing.

To be fair, that has been the wrestling formula for decades. The "build up the heel so the big babyface hero can defeat him" idea is not bad in and of itself. The problem is with how that story is booked when Cena is involved and the fact that after being built for Cena, creative (read: Vince) ceases to give a shit about the guy Cena beat because, well, he's served his purpose. So the idea isn't bad, the execution is just consistently terrible.

So after years of HBK, Taker and Austin avoiding the question, Austin finally confirmed on his latest podcast that Taker threatened to shoot fight HBK in the locker room at WM14 if he didn't do the job to Austin.

American Badass, indeed.

Sephzilla

I actually kind of feel bad for Mojo. To me, he seems to genuinely love what he's doing but it's just that he's not that talented of a wrestler.

Did he just tape up his fists? Or did he threaten to beat the shit out of Shawn if he didn't job? I'll be honest, I hope to God it was the former.

Wait, why are we putting Umaga on Cena?

Also, motherfuck Hogan. I can't believe I had to read Stro partially defend that fuck.

Revived... Continued... Whatever. Point is they've left the Nisei stuff, and gone back to the old, and more popular well. But nobody in the scans community likes it enough to do anything with it.
But those character designs those. I'm beffudled why there hasn't been a pro wrestling manga.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I've heard that Randy Orton is sorta the locker room leader these days, which explains a lot...
I think he stood up for some guys, but I don't think he's the leader so much as the guy who can take backstage heat off people. There isn't a Taker around, too many egos in it for themselves and others that won't speak up cause they don't want to lose their jobs.

Aiii

So not worth it
I have loved everything Rusev since NXT, but lets be real here, they are building him up to be fed to Cena at Mania, best prepare for that now mates.

strobogo

Banned
Did he just tape up his fists? Or did he threaten to beat the shit out of Shawn if he didn't job? I'll be honest, I hope to God it was the former.

Wait, why are we putting Umaga on Cena?

Also, motherfuck Hogan. I can't believe I had to read Stro partially defend that fuck.

Hulk didn't eat dudes up and kill their gimmicks on the mic until WCW era. Hogan of the 80s always won and always kicked out of finishers, but he made those doods look like world beaters before it and they stayed at perennial title contenders and usually got WCW jobs from it.

The dojo system comment is an interesting one. I do know that New Japan were caught a little off guard when DDT announced a bunch of new trainees recently and one of them said he chose to be with DDT rather than treat it as Plan B. It used to be that the lower Japanese promotions were filled with rejects of the big promotions, either they "escape" the dojo or were never accepted in the first place. Now the new wrestlers who join DDT or Dragon Gate or Big Japan, etc. do so because they want to be there.

New Japan might have to go after established guys more if they can't attract the talent to their dojo system - or perhaps their system is too rigid with too little of a guarantee of success. Seems that the young guys debut a lot quicker in DDT, BJW, Dragon Gate, etc, and have more chance to shine outside of New Japan's very structured system of young lion progression. New Japan could certainly do with young guys like K-Hash, Takeshita and T-Hawk who are currently tearing it up for other promotions.

Perhaps they feel they can plug the gaps with gaijins, though.

Hulk didn't eat dudes up and kill their gimmicks on the mic until WCW era. Hogan of the 80s always won and always kicked out of finishers, but he made those doods look like world beaters before it and they stayed at perennial title contenders and usually got WCW jobs from it.

I agree with the idea that Hogan wasn't as bad as Cena is, but I will say that no one thing Cena has done outdoes the shitshow that was Hogan ruining Warrior's crowning moment. The script called for Hogan to take the pin and get out of there. Instead, Hogan kicks out at three and a half, then proceeds to make a scene and put himself at the center of it. The story became less about "this is Warrior's moment" and way more about "man, what a good guy that Hulk Hogan is, I hope he comes back soon".

The originator of "four star matches, great feuds!" as 2K15 DLC is kinda funny, it's also completely random, is anyone out there really desperate to relive the mass main event jobbing of Christian let alone in the confines of inevitably sub par gameplay? of course they'll need to recreate the Orton Star Jump with their janky lifeless cutscene animations.
They should make the MitB title match have a rage meter for Orton you have to build up by taunting at him and generally being a heelish turd so that he can punch you in the dick for that definitive title victory.

so in conclusion
ONE MORE MATCH
UQQ0B.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
This Christian hate is making me sad, Christian is great and should have had a singles run like Edge had, at the very least. Christian got screwed :(

Top Bottom