• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

Anth0ny

I got my one wrasslin game from last gen. It was the one with Punk on the cover. WWE 13?

I'll probably wait til close to the end of this gen to get my one wrasslin game. 2k15 is way too early.

Even though it was massively dumb to change Goldberg's theme song to this, I've always liked this song.

Its catchy all right. Also I forgot JCVD was in that video until just now.

Did they use that song in one of those long forgotten Universal Solider sequels or something? Was Goldberg in that as well because I bet that would be worth a watch!

Edit. ALL THIS IS ACTUALLY HAPPENED!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Soldier:_The_Return

I will have to watch this train wreck at some point.

Hasney

Did they use that song in one of those long forgotten Universal Solider sequels or something? Was Goldberg in that as well because I bet that would be worth a watch!

Yup! Goldberg was in Universal Soldier: The Return.

Aiii

So not worth it

It was the first sequel yeah, but I have never seen it to this day, even though as a huge Goldberg mark I was looking forward to seeing it back then.

Aiii

So not worth it
It's the 3rd sequel. There were two DTV sequels before it.

Oh wow, you're right, I never knew.

Those don't have JCVD or Dolph Lundgren in them though, right?

-edit: Hmm, those two came out in 98 and 99 and then The Return got a theatrical release in 99, not sure how this timeline works.

And then there's three more in 2007, '09 and 2012.

-edit 2: Burt Reynolds is in the two DTV movies...

Gonzalez

Banned
I think I'm one of the only people here to think Mojo Rawley has potential to be a breakout star. He reminds me of a young US American version of Kobashi with his fatty muscles, and extra large trunks. Someone now just needs to send him a Best of Kobashi tape to get him to use a cooler move set.

Sephzilla

2k15 has been demoted to "see if a relative will buy it for christmas" status to me. that will give me enough time to find out if the game is complete shit or not.

Gonzalez

Banned
I hate threads like the Snoop Dogg thread. Not too long back there was probably a thread praising Snoop Dogg for his support for legalizing marihuana, and criticizing cops. But when he takes a dig at "poor, poor" mediocre looking Iggy, then every GAFer is ready to turn around and burn him at the stake. 5 months from now they'll probably end up going after Iggy for calling someone "retarded". Fucking circle of GAF.

strobogo

Banned

-edit: Hmm, those two came out in 98 and 99 and then The Return got a theatrical release in 99, not sure how this timeline works.

I don't think they count. To the series or to anyone else. But they exist.

FPR is dope. I wish there was a KoC3 with slightly sped up game play. Just slightly. I'd be okay if it was NJ/freelance/legends only.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

The 2012 one was weird and not great. The 09 one was tolerable. Didn't touch 07. 09 had the first real reuniting of Lundgren/Van Damme and was worth it for that.

Watch the trailer for the 2012 one, it's definitely different.

I need another Fire Pro game. But I don't want to buy a PS2 or 3. I bought Fire Pro Returns at release, dammit! It was 15 dollars! A steal!

strobogo

Banned
I need another Fire Pro game. But I don't want to buy a PS2 or 3. I bought Fire Pro Returns at release, dammit! It was 15 dollars! A steal!

Emulation is legit if you own the game, right? Isn't that how it works? Definitely much easier to get saves for FPR on an emulator than all the bullshit to go through on a physical PS2.

JESUS CHRIST
Uwk1nV3.png

strobogo

Banned
The idea of sealed/unopened consumable media object (movie/game/music) is dumb as shit to me. I can't figure out how that is valuable or what the point is. If you have like...a sealed collector toy or something...whatever. A sealed game you could be playing/movie you could be watching/CD or record you could be listening to? So silly to me.

Also, Razor/HBK at Summerslam was better than the ladder match at WMX.

Gonzalez

Banned
FPR is dope. I wish there was a KoC3 with slightly sped up game play. Just slightly. I'd be okay if it was NJ/freelance/legends only.

Yeah, Just slightly, and only really in the running animations. Maybe also add the ability to perform spring board moves like the Lionsalt in the ring. Or maybe more Lariat animations like Kobashi's, and Hansens's Lariat.

There were so many things left unfinished before they canceled that series.

Hasney

I don't think it came out over here.

Odd though. We got the GBA ones.

EDIT: It did actually come out here, just very limited print. Look at auctions rather than buy it now... But it still goes for £40.

EDIT 2: Shit, that actually is all there is over here. The US version won't work over here though, damn region locks.

They won't care. I believe Christians showcase is still available for purchase on the last generation of consoles.

They were selling PS2 versions of SVR up to 2010 I think since they would just poop it onto the PSP right after as well for full price~

This was supposed to quote the complaint about last gen versions being full price, MAH BAD.

I hate threads like the Snoop Dogg thread. Not too long back there was probably a thread praising Snoop Dogg for his support for legalizing marihuana, and criticizing cops. But when he takes a dig at "poor, poor" mediocre looking Iggy, then every GAFer is ready to turn around and burn him at the stake. 5 months from now they'll probably end up going after Iggy for calling someone "retarded". Fucking circle of GAF.

You can praise someone for doing something you find commendable and still criticize them later for something stupid they did. Making fun of someones looks is generally always in poor taste.

Her Twitter posts already made me lose any sympathy for her though and it just looks like two awful rich people being awful.

darkbanjo

I think Fire Pro only got a European release in Italy or something for some reason. I had to stick with the GBA one until it came out on PSN and I could use a fakey US account.

Fox318

I remember I was trading in some old games to buy a DS. I traded in some xbox 360, PS2, and Gamecube games and for some reason I got $74 for Wrestlemania X8 alone at gamestop.

Was that game rare?

I'm pretty sure I've seen the same copy at that gamestop since I've sold it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I bought Swap Magic long ago so I could play the Berserk PS2 game. Was definitely worth it, that game was amazing.

StevieWhite

Welcome StevieWhite and I must request a Fave Five from you that includes Stevie Ray. Build it around SLAP JACK as best you can.

In no particular order:

Stevie Ray (per request. He drove a sweet Taurus)

Jeff Jarrett (SLAP Nuts)

JACK Victory (sweet headband)

Antonio Inoki (magic invigorating SLAP)

New JACK (I am from Philadelphia)

Honorable mention: Dr. D. (Stossel slap)

bjork

God, no wonder WWE stopped uploading 1995 Raws. Wrestling cowboys, Michael Hayes on color, Michael Hayes using Stridex pads, Savio and Kid playing with pogs, wrestling hog farmer, deathly boring Dean Douglas vignette, The Dentist Kane vignette. Shit is garbage.

9QdN73Y.jpg

DEFINITION: WRONG
adjective

: not agreeing with the facts or truth

: speaking, acting, or judging in a way that does not agree with the facts or truth

Also, Razor/HBK at Summerslam was better than the ladder match at WMX.

DEFINITION: HIGH AS A KITE

adjective phrase

Intoxicated or exhilarated to an important degree (1939+)

Until next time, class dismissed

HDLoader runs it too, and faster load times!

It's a bit more expensive, but I really did appreciate the region-free gaming jukebox I had going. Not sure how much the disc and the network adaptor go for these days.

Yeah, I just use HDLoader, obviously it's more convenient. I think the network adapter used to go for a higher price but not anymore, ebay's flooded with them if you don't mind a used item.

Zach

Fellas! We made it to Hawaii!

I took WrassleGAF's advise and bought The Death of WCW for the ol' Kindle. It definitely made the nine or so hours in the air more bearable. Thanks!

Anyway, I woke up at 3:30 AM local time and now I'm patiently awaiting the sunrise (in about an hour) to go swim in the ocean! Woooo!

In the immortal words of Kona Crush: Chaka, brah! (I have no idea what that means or how to spell it...)

Top Bottom