• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know if you mean the people who play the game or the character designs, but if its the latter I consider them VERY tame for an entry into the "female only fighters" genre

The people who play it, the in-game characters are pretty dope.

No... Yukes.

*Rimshot*

New Balor...
Capture1520.gif

Always thought a White Muta gimmick would get over in the states. Good thing Tensai didn't completely ruin it for everyone.

I wonder how early he is going to have to retire after getting cancer or some disease from too much exposure to paint.

Sephzilla

so i'm certain WWE will ruin RKO vines, but i'm wondering if this sudden RKO vine thing will benefit orton in some way. could be a chance for him to do anything with his character.

Zach

Ah, I'm jealous and will be living vicariously through you. Whereabouts in Hawaii?
My bro is in the army so we're staying at Hale Koa in Honolulu. It's unseasonably warm I'm told and we're going to run into some rain, but I'm not complaining. What I've seen thus far is lovely.

Fox318

so i'm certain WWE will ruin RKO vines, but i'm wondering if this sudden RKO vine thing will benefit orton in some way. could be a chance for him to do anything with his character.

Vince will make every match fit into a vine.

At least raw will only get 6 seconds of cena!

Gorillaz

Its a race between who will run the 'RKO meme' into the ground the fastest. WWE or The Internet/Vine

WWE might come out with the W on this one if it is even possible.

So when is Kurt Angle coming back to the WWE? Royal Rumble?

I know he signed somewhere for his last year as a wrestler, and that it will be a contract similar to the one Lesnar has, but that´s it. Could be somewhere else, but nothing makes sense like the WWE as a place to retire.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Angle's not touching WWE, or vice versa. You can see him in Japon.

Fox318

So when is Kurt Angle coming back to the WWE? Royal Rumble?

I know he signed somewhere for his last year as a wrestler, and that it will be a contract similar to the one Lesnar has, but that´s it. Could be somewhere else, but nothing makes sense like the WWE as a place to retire.

Kurt Angle ✔ @RealKurtAngle

I know what I've done for wrestling, but don't call me a legend. Just call me Kurt Angle.
1:34 PM - 14 Oct 2014

bjork

My bro is in the army so we're staying at Hale Koa in Honolulu. It's unseasonably warm I'm told and we're going to run into some rain, but I'm not complaining. What I've seen thus far is lovely.

Nice. Soak it up! I miss Hawaii too much.

strobogo

Banned
KORAN KORNER WITH STRO 10/15/2014
GuPKWvo.jpg

The weird as shit story of the 7 Sleepers and/or People of the Cave. It's about 7 (in Christianity) to unknown group of Christians (plus a dog in Islam) who were either hiding or banished to a cave while Christians were being persecuted by Emperor Decius. They fell asleep. When they woke up, they thought it had only be a day or two, but was actually 309 years later. When they left the cave, they found Rome was a Christian city. They sent one of them out to get some food, but told the dude to be careful that no one recognizes them. But the usage of old coins tipped them off and they all died after being discovered. Only Allah knows exactly how many people were in the cave and for how long they were in there. The actual site of the cave is claimed to be in Tunisia, China, Turkey, Jordan, Glastonbury, and Algeria. Weirdly, it isn't claimed to be IN ROME.

Allah is really, really, really pissed that Christians think Jesus is his son. Like, super pissed about it. It offends him greatly.

Talking about non-believers in hell being covered in sheets of fire, with water like molten brass being poured on them if they cry for help, and then being beaten with iron maces. Non-believers are also told to hang themselves at one point, and Mo says he will bring war to all of them, but he doesn't have the exact date on when each one will happen.
big-bossman-undertaker.jpg

A story about a rich dude thinking he was better than his neighbor just because he was more wealthy and waking up the next day to find his garden dried up and dead, while his neighbor's was healthy and green.

A number of different stories of what will happen on the day of Resurrection/End of Days. There will be lots of earthquakes, non-believers falling into the fires, pregnant women going into labor and/or miscarrying, and everyone will be judged one at a time. There is also the possibility that all souls will go to Hell first, with the good not being harmed, but it was unclear the passage wasn't actually referring to the Heaven-Hell bridge mentioned earlier in the book.

Everyone in Heaven wears gold bracelets, silky green robes, and chillax in recliners.

Arabs used to use camel references for nautical terms. The example given is "riding camel of the sea" when talking about sailing.
zbf6m8D.jpg

Alexander the Great pops up as apparently a contemporary of Abraham.

A straight bizarre and confusing story about Moses. I read it 3 times and had no idea what I was reading. Moses gave a dope speech. Someone asked if there was anyone smarter on earth than Moses. Moses said, "nope". Allah said that was bullshit and that A. No single prophet has all the knowledge and B. There is always someone who knows something someone else doesn't. Moses wants to meet this dude. He's told to take a bunch of fish on a boat, and when they disappear, he'll find the dude he's looking for. A young guy went with Moses. When they reached a place where the two rivers meet, Moses immediately passed out. While he was out, the fish wriggled free. The young guy didn't wake Moses up, so they kept going. They then had to retrace their path and found a dude with a hood, who had a powerful aura. Moses got rid of the young guy and went with the Hooded Dude. Hooded Dude told him to keep quiet until spoken to and not ask questions. Hooded Dude cut a hole in the boat. Then he killed a young boy. Moses was like, "stop fucking sinning man". The Hooded Dude told him to just chill. Then they came to a city and asked for food since they had no fish. They didn't get any. Hooded Dude fixed a wall for free. It turns out that the hole in the boat was because the boat belonged to poor people and the king was seizing all the boats, so he put it out of commission so the king wouldn't steal it. As for the kid, his parents were believers, and they feared he wasn't, so the dude killed him so the parents could have a new, better kid. And as for the wall, well, it belonged to two orphans, and under the wall was a treasure that they could claim once they hit puberty. If only Moses had had patience, he would have known these things weren't actually sins. I read it 3 times in the book and had to read 2 other interpretations and explanations for it to make ANY sense. It still doesn't make a ton of sense to me. The point was basically "God works in mysterious ways" type of deal.
X6VwIze.gif

There is a whole chapter on prophets that gives the basic run down on all of them. One at a time.

Zachariah asked for a successor. Allah said, "Sure, brah, his name is John, the first to be named that". It isn't clear if it was the first person EVER to be named John, or just the first of Zach's kids to be named that.
1369268877_johncena_bio_20121120.png

An angel in the form of a man came to Mary, who was wearing a veil to hide herself, to tell her that she was pregnant. She had an awful, awful labor underneath a palm tree. But then her FRESHLY SQUEEZED OUT INFANT baby Jesus told her to chill out and everything was okay. However, the person telling her that might have also have been Gabriel. Or the tree. But Jesus most definitely spoke like a grown ass man as an infant.

When Abraham was telling his dad about how the idols of the Arabs were all wrong, Pops told him he better get his ass out of there before he got it stoned.
abraham-washington-abraham-1-1336002566.jpg

Enoch was dope and his name in the Islamic world is Idris.
tumblr_m1xob01umi1qbw7q9o1_500.gif

At one point Mohammed complained about how long of a gap there was between messages from Allah, so Gabriel came down and told him to STFU and he'll get a message when he gets it.
wrestlemania_28_results_the_rock_vs_john_cena.jpg_480_480_0_64000_0_1_0.jpg

The entire Moses/Pharaoh story is recapped AGAIN. The 4th time it has been told in full. This time, the Pharaoh is repeatedly called OUTRAGEOUS by Allah, which lends more credence to my theory that he's Aquaman.
3801576-5170141533-aquam.jpg

Moses somehow burnt his tongue on a hot coal as a kid and had a speech impediment that Allah fixed.

Solomon had a seal with the holy name written on it. This gave him the powers to communicate with animals, control the weather, and use flying carpets/thrones. Making him Dr. Dolittle, Storm, and Aladdin.

A lot of threats towards Mecca. Those people must have really pissed Mo off at some point.

1 human day is like 1000 years to Allah.

Don't fuck anyone that isn't your wife or your slaves.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder how well Koran Korner would go as an OT on GAF. Not saying this to try to shuffle off Stro's posts - he's earned enough goodwill over the past couple years to enshrine him in hebbin' no matter what happens, but I'm curious what a "I'm reading the Book of Islam, let's talk about it" OT would turn into.

Bandini

Ok what the fuck WWE. Just went to watch Mizdow from Main Event, got some stupid fucking ad, which ok whatever, but there's a mute button in the bottom right corner that doesn't do anything when you click on it. So low rent. And then instead of actually getting Main Event, it just cut to the live stream, a Nitro from '95 which I don't give a fuck about. They need to get their shit together, because it's really not that hard for me to just download this shit for free and have it work right.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I wonder how well Koran Korner would go as an OT on GAF. Not saying this to try to shuffle off Stro's posts - he's earned enough goodwill over the past couple years to enshrine him in hebbin' no matter what happens, but I'm curious what a "I'm reading the Book of Islam, let's talk about it" OT would turn into.
Potential disaster.

strobogo

Banned

A huge mess immediately, which is why I'm not posting them in their own thread or the Islam OT. This is a safe haven. Except for one or two amongst us who don't follow the sacred oath of Omerta. Y'all know who you are. I would imagine my posts would A. Be deemed offensive to Muslims and B. Stir up a lot of racist shit and stupid comments and be closed with in the first 10 posts.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The wrestling pictures really make it a lot easier to understand Islam.
QffDzm5.jpg

Top Bottom