• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

StevieWhite

Meltzer saying Cena/Brock at Rumble?

*sigh*

I'm sorry guys. Age of Brock has failed.

I would rather have Brock leave with the belt than see this again... the uncertainty caused by his absence would be more compelling. They could do a tourney to see who gets to face the Rumble winner at mania or something.

The wrestling pictures really make it a lot easier to understand Islam.
QffDzm5.jpg

flashbacks to the avatar rumble

strobogo

Banned
It will be full of guys telling that you need special guidance to read it, that you do not understand the context, that the English translations are wrong, and so on.

That's what I got when I asked some questions in the Islam OT and the Afleck thread. This translation is by a Muslim and features over 150 pages of notes. And it would be incomprehensible without the notes for large swaths of the book. Like all the battles or specific mountains or cities or stories that are mentioned in passing and usually not even by name. Without the notes, it would be very hard to understand. I would agree with that. But this does have notes to explain those things, plus I'm taking my own notes and researching afterwards. It's not a super easy book to read even if it was in a modern writing style.

I have to say stro's new gimmick got some bonus points for referencing Brave and the Bold Aquaman.

That's all I could think about when OUTRAGEOUS was used about 5 times, by both Allah and Moses. And since Allah's throne was carried on water before he created land and all that...I'm forced to believe he's Aquaman.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Quake would have been a great mascot for us. Far better than goddamn Marchie Archie. I will admit, that booking was really great and fun, even if I grew to hate that shitlord.

You're making Orton a face, he's currently getting outside attention for his RKO, he's a great worker when he wants to be, how the fuck is he not a dude to throw at Lesnar?

Besides the Yes Lock, the F5 was also tailor made to be countered into an RKO.

STUPID STUPID

It just bothers me that they have no faith in the roster they have right now. You'd think with the Network this would open the avenue of them changing it up a bit and giving more people a chance but another Cena match? It's fucking Groundhog's Day with this fucker.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Juvi signs photos "Rey Juice"
tumblr_ndi7krALU91sg99p0o1_500.png

EDIT: lol, he's still doing the Juice
tumblr_ndi7cuG8DH1sg99p0o1_1280.png

strobogo

Banned
Stro for your next religious text review may I suggest The Bhagavad Gita.

Then possibly The Book of Mormon

Legit the next one on my list was the Bhagavad Gita. My liberried has a copy with "interlinear translation from Sanskirt, word for word translation and transliteration, complete gramatical commentary, as well as readable prose and page-by-page translations". I was going to hit up Eastern shit next just to give my brain a break from Ye, thou, dost kind of shit. I've been meaning to read the BG for the last 4 years or so.

Legit the next one on my list was the Bhagavad Gita. My liberried has a copy with "interlinear translation from Sanskirt, word for word translation and transliteration, complete gramatical commentary, as well as readable prose and page-by-page translations". I was going to hit up Eastern shit next just to give my brain a break from Ye, thou, dost kind of shit. I've been meaning to read the BG for the last 4 years or so.

You'll enjoy The Bhagavad Gita. Actually most of the Hindu Vedas are interesting whether you are sober or not. I read most of them in a haze of weed smoke in my mid 20s so I'm not sure how much I actually remember them. Come to think of it i should go back and read them soon to see how my perspective has changed since I'm older and sober.

Most of the eastern religions have some stark differences from their western counterparts but then you find out that all of them have very similar messages underneath.

strobogo

Banned
You'll enjoy The Bhagavad Gita. Actually most of the Hindu Vedas are interesting whether you are sober or not. I read most of them in a haze of weed smoke in my mid 20s so I'm not sure how much I actually remember them. Come to think of it i should go back and read them soon to see how my perspective has changed since I'm older and sober.

Most of the eastern religions have some stark differences from their western counterparts but then you find out that all of them have very similar messages underneath.

I like the concepts of Eastern religions and philosophies a lot more than Western, but everything in ancient Indian literature is fucking bonkers. And dope. The Koran actually kind of hints at the concept of Brahman and reincarnation. Also evolution and Adam was created out of black mud, so I think BCT should take that as a win for the first human was a black guy.

kiguel182

Jericho saying Benoit should never be in the Hall of Fame is kind of sad. Not because I want him there but given how close they were and everything that happened him having to state that it's sad.

Gonzalez

Banned
I don't think the game is that bad.

Games an absolute mess.

- Confusing control scheme, that doesn't know whether it wants you to strike, or run.
- Slow plodding gameplay that's supposed to mimic(What I guess is) the NJPW Strong Style at the time.
- Sometimes you'll be dominated by the CPU for long periods of matches. I guess this is realistic, but do to your non-activity it's as interesting as watching a Kojima cutscene.
- Move sets are very limited. Especially becomes noticeable when the matches go over 10+ minutes(real time). The only time it expands is during Rush mode. Which is an absolute bitch to get, and you have to take a really long beating for your character to achieve it.
- Pretty every time the CPU will pin you for the three count with a simple move(snapmare, body slam, dropkick, etc), and never with a big super move. This makes for very anti-climactic match endings when in comparison to KoC, and FP.
- The arena options in exhibition mode are terrible. You get the dome, choice of ring, and what company specific decoration to put in front of the entrance stage. The only time you get to see the other well known Japanese arenas is when you play the games story mode.
- No commentary... This series had three entrees, and no commentary for every one in the series.

The only positive is that the visuals are top-notch. Move animations, walking animations, hell even the selling animations are incredible. Probably still hands down the best looking wrestling game on the market(And yes it's a PS2 game).

Never heard of it. I'll take it! PS2?
Do you use something to play import games on a PS2?

Verendus

Banned
Age of Flop Lesnar.

They should've just handed the title to Batista back in May. He could've part-timed it up for a few months, ran through a few jabronis like Cena, Wyatt, and Cesaro, continue to be more hated than anyone, and then finally put over someone at Wrestlemania 31. Prime opportunity to take advantage of someone getting crazy heat.

Instead, there is nothing of interest on Raw now. Even Ambrose/Rollins has somehow passed its expiry date.

There is a Cena and Orton Hell in a Cell match. It's like they forgot how shit the first one was, so we get it a second time. Truly historic.

Top Bottom