• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

Age of Flop Lesnar.

They should've just handed the title to Batista back in May. He could've part-timed it up for a few months, ran through a few jabronis like Cena, Wyatt, and Cesaro, continue to be more hated than anyone, and then finally put over someone at Wrestlemania 31. Prime opportunity to take advantage of someone getting crazy heat.

Instead, there is nothing of interest on Raw now. Even Ambrose/Rollins has somehow passed its expiry date.

There is a Cena and Orton Hell in a Cell match. It's like they forgot how shit the first one was, so we get it a second time. Truly historic.

The only interesting thing that could come out of Cena/Orton hiac is a double turn and even that will be boring.

Bluetista is blowing up in Hollywood he doesn't need this carny ass sport anymore. We'll be lucky to get a retirement match at mania from him.

What I got from this months mystery shirts from top rope tuesday
skXRHHwh.jpg

That AmA sucked. 90% of it is him plugging his book or giving goofball answers to stupid questions.
Did you expect him to just shoot on Vince or something? Most AMAs, with some exceptions, are glorified PR stints. This response is almost as funny as when people bought Jericho's second book expecting him to completely shit on Triple H.

Did you expect him to just shoot on Vince or something? Most AMAs, with some exceptions, are glorified PR stints. This response is almost as funny as when people bought Jericho's second book expecting him to completely shit on Triple H.

I guess I was hoping for him to be more candid. I wasn't expecting nor did I want any shooting. But one or two word answers to decent questions irked me.

I also hate reddit that shit is barely readable

Meltzer says New Japan want to bring The Briscoes in. Also, Matt Taven is apparently set to debut before the end of the year, as well as the return of Bennett & Maria. In other news, NOSAWA's promoting shows again and is bringing in Terry Funk to wrestle Mil Mascaras, for some reason, and Meltzer had this to say about Elgin (who no showed ROH this weekend);

Michael Elgin, who worked indies around his home in St. Louis this weekend rather than the ROH show, appeared before crowds of 68 on 10/11 and 45 on 10/12. It was described that he almost had a breakdown backstage on the second night in Belleville, IL, saying he deserved to have more people watching him.

Showaddy

Age of Flop Lesnar.

They should've just handed the title to Batista back in May. He could've part-timed it up for a few months, ran through a few jabronis like Cena, Wyatt, and Cesaro, continue to be more hated than anyone, and then finally put over someone at Wrestlemania 31. Prime opportunity to take advantage of someone getting crazy heat.

Batista can barely get down the ramp without gasping for breath, putting the title on him and expecting him to put on decent solo matches was never an option.

strobogo

Banned
Meltzer says New Japan want to bring The Briscoes in. Also, Matt Taven is apparently set to debut before the end of the year, as well as the return of Bennett & Maria. In other news, NOSAWA's promoting shows again and is bringing in Terry Funk to wrestle Mil Mascaras, for some reason, and Meltzer had this to say about Elgin (who no showed ROH this weekend);

The carny world eats another soul

Alucard

Banned

Good for Taven. I've become more of a fan of his since Best in the World and his awesome cage match against Jay Lethal at Field of Honor.

Elgin sounds like a headcase if that's true.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Of course. So he can take credit for bumping Wyatt to the next level. Don't fall for that apple juice in a whiskey bottle drinking carny son of a bitch.
Oh no, I don't believe it all. I don't think he has much influence backstage and his feud with Wyatt wasn't even good.

If they want to do Cena/Brock again at RR I hope they add a 3rd man to spice things up a bit.

I guess it will depend on what the plan is for Brock at WM. My ideal idea would be Reigns being the one who beats him for the belt but Seth cashing in after the match or the RAW after and thus setting up that feud. Maybe by then they could separate Seth and Dean for a while so then they can rekindle that feud and have a Shield triple threat.

Watching some new indie that's got a dumb scoring system. I thought it was going to be like UWFi or RINGS, but they just seem to give points out for anything. Kip-up out of a headscissors? Points! Backflip out of the corner? Points!! Stuff like that seems to earn more points than takedowns, submissions or rope-breaks, for some reason. To emphasise the rigorous scoring system that the commentators often mention, but make little attempt to explain, the opening match goes to the 15 minute time limit, both create-a-wrestlers kicking out of a ton of stuff to facilitate this and racking up 103 points between them, CAW no.1 winning with one more point than CAW no.2. Best bit was one of the dudes knocking himself loopy by charging into the middle rope;

3c3u31U.gif

Hilarious story from the Observer about Jericho's book showing how crazy Vince is

So I got Jericho’s book right as I was finishing this issue. I wasn’t even going to open the package until after being done, because I’ve read his other books, and it was like, the minute I start, that’s it, no issue this week. So it’s there, staring me in the face, and I’m going, I will not open this book until later in the week. I’ll just open it, read one page, and no matter what, that’s it. So I open and it’s page 120, talking about the angle with Mickey Rourke and WrestleMania. Jericho had to explain to Rourke that when he was on Larry King with him, he was just an actor building up a confrontation for Mania. Rourke thought all the insults were a shoot and brought Frank Shamrock and Moti Horenstein (a former UFC fighter who was a member of the Israeli special forces) with him. Anyway, there were no problems and everyone was cool with everyone. Except Horenstein, who was still mean mugging. Before the match, Jericho told Vince about how Rourke hired two bodyguards to kick his ass if he double-crossed Rourke in the ring. Vince started laughing, and said, “Are you kidding me? Those guys?” Vince said, “You me, Finlay and Malenko would’ve beat the shit out of them. I mean, look at that one guy, he’s a midget.” The midget was Shamrock. Jericho smiled at Vince and said, “Well, if anything goes down, I’ll take Rourke and you take the midget.” “Damn right I will,” Vince said as he swaggered away.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
the plan was for me to return and feud with Orton for Wrestlemania. I chose to do DANCING WITH STARS instead

lmao jericho

Kaladin

LOL.

I just realized why TNA didn't have their current champion on Bound For Glory.

Lashley is the current champ on TV.....
yet he doesn't hold the actual belt anymore because it changed on a taping a month ago and that episode hasn't aired yet.

Nebula

LOL.

yet he doesn't hold the actual belt anymore because it changed on a taping a month ago and that episode hasn't aired yet.

Why the fuck is that even able to happen?

To tell the truth, i think they're good developers, but their profit methods, merchandising and promotion is terrible and cruel. Even worse than CAPCOM.

Kaladin

Why the fuck is that even able to happen?

They rushed TV tapings to get everything done for the rest of the year. I don't know why they did it, but I get the feeling they were left with the question of whether to bring the current champ on TV or the guy currently holding the belt to Japan and decided on neither.

RBH

Meltzer:

The future of Smackdown on Friday night is back in question as Syfy made the announcement this past week of a new show, an adaptation of the 1995 movie “12 Monkeys,” which they announced would debut on 1/16, a Friday, in the 9 p.m. time slot. People with “12 Monkeys” have since confirmed the 9 p.m. Friday slot will be their regular slot, so Smackdown is once again scheduled to move away from Friday, which had been the plan starting in October but things changed. No word if the move will be to Thursday, which was the original plan, or not. Also no word on how that will affect international Friday deals in Canada, the U.K. and Australia. Those at WWE have said nothing official has been announced yet.

Bryan’s future is back in question as his right arm is not regaining strength. There was talk backstage this week of him needing Tommy John surgery, which is something that major league baseball pitchers get, which is a reconstruction of the ulnar ligament. Bryan has issues in both his neck and his elbow. It can be as long as a one year recovery period. Right now the hope of a return for the Royal Rumble isn’t looking good.

strobogo

Banned
Bryan is done. He shouldn't come back. He went out about as high as anyone can go out (if you don't count the Damon Kane feud right after WM). His body is telling him to stop. He's not even 35 and he has a bad neck, atrophied arm, bad eye, and in need of multiple surgeries. He can be an ambassador for years to come. Hopefully he learned from the mistakes of those that came before and calls it quits and doesn't end up like Angle/Austin/Benoit/Edge.

Edge is fine for the most part now. He's nothing compared to Angle or even Austin. The fact that Edge was told to stop was so he didn't end up like Angle. He's not in the best shape, but he's not as bad off as the others.

Kaladin

Bryan is done. He shouldn't come back. He went out about as high as anyone can go out (if you don't count the Damon Kane feud right after WM). His body is telling him to stop. He's not even 35 and he has a bad neck, atrophied arm, bad eye, and in need of multiple surgeries. He can be an ambassador for years to come. Hopefully he learned from the mistakes of those that came before and calls it quits and doesn't end up like Angle/Austin/Benoit/Edge.

It's just sad though. He went higher than anyone has gone in over a decade, and he was only just beginning.

Alucard

Banned
LOL.

And how long before we see Brock at an actual WWE PPV? Every PPV WWE does is bigger than BFG, but right now there's no sign of the champ.

#TNAtion

Alucard

Banned
And poor Daniel Bryan. :(

How shitty do his doctors have to be to only figure some of this shit out as they go along? "Oh, your neck is messed. Uhh...that first surgery didn't work so much. Hey look, your arm isn't regaining strength. Hmm, let's wait on that. Oh. Wait. Your elbow is actually fucked. And your neck is still fucked too somehow. Uhhh...Tommy John's?"

Watching some new indie that's got a dumb scoring system. I thought it was going to be like UWFi or RINGS, but they just seem to give points out for anything. Kip-up out of a headscissors? Points! Backflip out of the corner? Points!! Stuff like that seems to earn more points than takedowns, submissions or rope-breaks, for some reason. To emphasise the rigorous scoring system that the commentators often mention, but make little attempt to explain, the opening match goes to the 15 minute time limit, both create-a-wrestlers kicking out of a ton of stuff to facilitate this and racking up 103 points between them, CAW no.1 winning with one more point than CAW no.2. Best bit was one of the dudes knocking himself loopy by charging into the middle rope;

3c3u31U.gif

That's pretty funny. Didn't TNA have a ticker at the top when they were at fox sports? Obviously it wasn't intricate as this.

Alucard

Banned
Oh, and I still haven't watch the DVR'd Raw yet this week, and I'm not sure if I want to. Just saw the opening and closing segments and thought "Man, this is dumb and Cena is a fucking leechity leech who smirks like an idiot."

I've felt free, friends. Not even sure I want to watch Impact. Maybe an hour a week of ROH and the DVDS I need to catch up on are good enough for now.

StevieWhite

And poor Daniel Bryan. :(

How shitty do his doctors have to be to only figure some of this shit out as they go along? "Oh, your neck is messed. Uhh...that first surgery didn't work so much. Hey look, your arm isn't regaining strength. Hmm, let's wait on that. Oh. Wait. Your elbow is actually fucked. And your neck is still fucked too somehow. Uhhh...Tommy John's?"

Seriously. I'm sure what we're getting is not the full picture, but what's being reported almost sounds like malpractice.

Top Bottom