• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

If Bryan leaves for good that sucks but he got to accomplish all his goals. Better to have an enjoyable life with his wife and be a documentary commenter and reality star than to risk it all.

Fox318

I just listened to part of Heyman on Steve Austin's podcast.

Somebody should give that dude a boatload of money to run WWE. Let him work at home if he has to.

Bryan works a bump heavy style. Way too many flat backs and headbutts off the top has taken it's toll. All that impact on the neck and spine is crazy.

I hope he isn't done because he is great in the ring. If he does come back his style will have to dramatically change. No high flying more mat and technical wrestling.

It's a shame he ruined his body running indy double shots every weekend for $25 a match. He was the most over guy I had seen in ages in the run up to mania.

Hope he gets healthy and come back but if the bump card is full there's no amount of surgeries and rehab that can bring you back.

JavyOO7

Bryan is done. He shouldn't come back. He went out about as high as anyone can go out (if you don't count the Damon Kane feud right after WM). His body is telling him to stop. He's not even 35 and he has a bad neck, atrophied arm, bad eye, and in need of multiple surgeries. He can be an ambassador for years to come. Hopefully he learned from the mistakes of those that came before and calls it quits and doesn't end up like Angle/Austin/Benoit/Edge.

I want to argue about this but your argument is sound. This really sucks though. ):

zychi

Banned
DB should come back and replace Michael Cole. What more does DB have left to accomplish? Fans love him, he won the title at the close of one of the biggest WMs ever.

Why come back and play 4th fiddle to Cena, the McMahons and the shitty commentary

Bryan is done. He shouldn't come back. He went out about as high as anyone can go out (if you don't count the Damon Kane feud right after WM). His body is telling him to stop. He's not even 35 and he has a bad neck, atrophied arm, bad eye, and in need of multiple surgeries. He can be an ambassador for years to come. Hopefully he learned from the mistakes of those that came before and calls it quits and doesn't end up like Angle/Austin/Benoit/Edge.

Plenty more Vanilla midgets beloved by the IWC out there in the indies who can replace him. No big loss

SoulPlaya

more money than God
And poor Daniel Bryan. :(

How shitty do his doctors have to be to only figure some of this shit out as they go along? "Oh, your neck is messed. Uhh...that first surgery didn't work so much. Hey look, your arm isn't regaining strength. Hmm, let's wait on that. Oh. Wait. Your elbow is actually fucked. And your neck is still fucked too somehow. Uhhh...Tommy John's?"
You don't know what you're talking about (obviously). This is nerve damage mixed with muscular damage. Typically, it's a trial and error approach. That's not the way doctors want things to be. It's just how things are with these types of issues. For the most part, Bryan is fine now, and he can live a decent life after the surgery. It's not medicine's fault that Bryan's chosen profession has him doing top rope head butts.

Kaladin

Plenty more Vanilla midgets beloved by the IWC out there in the indies who can replace him. No big loss

Neville_01102013rf-58_wk.jpg

Alucard

Banned
I realize what Ambrose needs to do more of to get over even more...look at the camera more during interviews and promos. I feel like he wanders from side to side too much, and that he would make a stronger connection by looking straight at the TV audience. Stone Cold did it, Hogan did it, Bret Hart did it, etc. Am I off on this? Does Ambrose look into the camera enough already?

Alucard

Banned
You don't know what you're talking about (obviously). This is nerve damage mixed with muscular damage. Typically, it's a trial and error approach. That's not the way doctors want things to be. It's just how things are with these types of issues. For the most part, Bryan is fine now, and he can live a decent life after the surgery. It's not medicine's fault that Bryan's chosen profession has him doing top rope head butts.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Sounds like you know more about it. It's just frustrating to read about all these setbacks and new surgeries he may or may not have to get.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
While smarks make quad jokes, Kevin Nash continues to have a longer, more healthy, and more illustrious career than Daniel Bryan.
iASb50e0aXu0z.gif

Alucard

Banned
They need to bring Bryan back to push Cena.

It needs to happen in Brooklyn, so the fans can chant "Fuck you, Ce-na!"

Btw, I'm with stro on calling bullshit on Cena having "no say" in what he does with his character. 10 years with a company? I don't care who you are. You have some sway and say in what you do after that much time working anywhere.

WWE sent out a long survey about the WWE network. Most of it was asking what you liked/why'd you leave/what can make you come back. I kept putting more old programing and better new content.

When they asked what could make you sign back up they listed discounts on Roku/Apple TV, free merch, discount tickets to local shows, chances to win Wrestlemania tickets, and one free month.

Quite a few questions about if being able to cancel whenever or buying a prepaid card would get you back.

A lot of the questions for why you'd leave focused on users inability to use the service/their tv properly. They also asked if you're Latino separately from other races.

I feel like they're hoping to get feedback that its not them or their content but that their fanbase is stupid or poor which is a shame.

Fox318

It needs to happen in Brooklyn, so the fans can chant "Fuck you, Ce-na!"

Btw, I'm with stro on calling bullshit on Cena having "no say" in what he does with his character. 10 years with a company? I don't care who you are. You have some sway and say in what you do after that much time working anywhere.

All you need to look at to see what say Cena has is he was the sole wrestler superstar on the today show and he was the sole person on stage to hug a cancer survivor during her speech on the Brooklyn Raw.

He gets to choose his spots and with the current shape of the WWE they are betting it all on him and his appeal to younger fans.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. Sounds like you know more about it. It's just frustrating to read about all these setbacks and new surgeries he may or may not have to get.
Of course it's frustrating, it's nerve damage. You ever think it's Bryan's body's fault, not the surgery? Maybe he has genetics that just lead to slow recovery for whatever reason? I'm a med student (not a doctor yet, obviously), but I'm trying to illustrate just how complex this issue is and how many factors go into recovery. Think about these things first before you immediately start blaming the doctors, who are probably trying their hardest to figure this out.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
FYI Soulplaya is legitimate, I've seen his credentials. And not just Yankem's. He has his own!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The real miracle is how John Cena works the schedule he has and hasn't ended up in a wheelchair or just quit out of frustration. Everything I hear about that guy's schedules in shoots just sounds like he sleeps less than Vince McMahon does.

The real miracle is how John Cena works the schedule he has and hasn't ended up in a wheelchair or just quit out of frustration. Everything I hear about that guy's schedules in shoots just sounds like he sleeps less than Vince McMahon does.

He works a pretty safe style inside the ring and of course HGH helps recovery. He is also very driven and making a ton of money helps keep him motivated. The guy deserves his spot. He really should try to help others get over instead of protecting his spot though.

bjork

Jake Roberts did two shows a day instead of Make a Wish, it has to be chemically aided.

Fox318

He works a pretty safe style inside the ring and of course HGH helps recovery. He is also very driven and making a ton of money helps keep him motivated. The guy deserves his spot. He really should try to help others get over instead of protecting his spot though.

WWE doesn't really promote that.

If superstars really cared for each other the would have unionized. Instead the big dogs make sure that they make the cash and the only way to make it to the top is to take somebody's spot. Hell they are all employed still as independent contractors with non compete clauses so Vince doesn't have to pay social security.

Their motto in developmental is this:"you're not here to fill a spot, you're here to take a spot".

Alucard

Banned
Worst thing about the Wii...batteries for the fucking controllers. wanted to play for the first time in months and...no battery power. urrrrgh

Anth0ny

Hilarious story from the Observer about Jericho's book showing how crazy Vince is

This is AMAZING.

Worst thing about the Wii...batteries for the fucking controllers. wanted to play for the first time in months and...no battery power. urrrrgh

Get some eneloops. It is really annoying that 90% of my time with the Wii is playing Smash Bros with a Gamecube controller, yet I have to continuously find the Wii Remote to aim at the screen and select the damn game. I've wasted batteries just doing that over and over.

Alucard

Banned
This is AMAZING.

Get some eneloops. It is really annoying that 90% of my time with the Wii is playing Smash Bros with a Gamecube controller, yet I have to continuously find the Wii Remote to aim at the screen and select the damn game. I've wasted batteries just doing that over and over.

No idea what those are. I haven't given a shit about keeping up with gaming and technology for around a decade now. Fave games ever are still...

Castlevania:Symphony of the Night
Final Fantasyyyy...a lot of them
Zelda: A Link to the Past
Winning Eleven 8
Mega Man

...I dunno, I like a lot of stuff, but I've gone the handheld and Wii VC route...even then, I don't have time to play the longer games I actually want to play anymore. And I don't care to most of the time 'cause I feel like I'm wasting my time when I could be doing something that's actually more productive. :(...and yet, I still watch this carny shit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Eneloops are the best god damn battery I've ever used in my life. beyond satisfied with them.

Alucard

Banned
Late night Wrassle-GAF...what other hobbies/interests do you guys have?

-reading, mostly sci-fi/fantasy
-occasionally gaming
-DDP Yoga
-blogging about #FuckingCarnies
-guitar (haven't played in years now so this probably doesn't even count anymore)
-comics...only collect trades now, and mostly just Daredevil and Green Arrow
-Star Wars
-podcast listening
-teaching/making educational materials for ESL

I don't care much about music anymore or movies. :-/ Life really changes when you get married n have a child.

Hilarious story from the Observer about Jericho's book showing how crazy Vince is
This is amazing, lmao

-occasionally gaming
-DDP Yoga
-guitar (haven't played in years now so this probably doesn't even count anymore)
-Star Wars
-podcast listening

I don't care much about music anymore or movies. :-/ Life really changes when you get married n have a child.

-films
-comix
-live music
-fashion (sorta, I've got a low budget)
-Having A Good Time

Alucard

Banned
I would just like to come in and give people another reminder that Michael Elgin is an idiot

Pretty sure he's done with wrestling now. Who's going to take him? AIW? PWG? Global Force or Lucha Underground? (random) Not likely, and it sounds like he has a pretty high opinion of himself. Smartest thing he can do is go groveling back to ROH and return as a heel ala Kevin Steen taking the company hostage.

JmIVAzZ.jpg

Today

Roster Cuts, Budget Cuts, No Pyro, and no competition for Vince.

Thanks Russo and Hulk!!

why was goldberg so popular? was he just at the right place at the right time with his super serious powerman gimmick when prowrestling was at it's zenith? hogan putting him over have anything to do with it?

what makes him different from a more entertaining brock lesnar?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
IMPACT wasn't too bad tonight, watched it while grinding out some more Classic Mode in Super Smash Bros.

Wasn't too good either.

njean777

-occasionally gaming
-DDP Yoga
-Star Wars
-podcast listening

-gaming
-working out (usually cardio more so then weight training)
-chilling with friends
-watching wrestling
-Watching either of the two shows that I keep up with at this point (grimm, sleepy hollow)
-cleaning (weird hobby, but I like to do it)
-podcast listening (usually while playing mp games)
-reading philosophy (great stuff to read to make you think instead of just for entertainment)

I watch movies when I am with friends but never usually on my own unless it is a documentary. Music I listen to occasionally when I am driving or working out if there is no Wifi.

Top Bottom