• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

DMczaf

tumblr_ndex2tiP4i1rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gif

Hell in the Cell 2014 will be the 22nd time John Cena and Randy Orton faced each other on PPV.
10 of those matches have been singles matches, with Orton leading 5-4 (the tenth will be at Hell in the Cell 2014):
1) SummerSlam 2007 (Cena)
2) Unforgiven 2007 (Orton)
3) No Way Out 2008 (Cena)
4) SummerSlam 2009 (Orton)
5) Breaking Point 2009 - I Quit Match (Cena)
6) Hell in a Cell 2009 - Hell in a Cell Match (Orton)
7) Bragging Rights 2009 - Anything Goes 60-Minute Iron Man Match (Cena)
8) TLC 2013 - TLC Match (Orton)
9) Royal Rumble 2014 (Orton)
10) Hell in a Cell 2014 - Hell in a Cell Match
Cena and Orton have also faced each other in TWELVE additional PPV matches involving others. Cena is 6-6 in those matches (Orton is 4-8)
1) Backlash 2007 - Fatal Four Way Match: John Cena beat Shawn Michaels, Edge, and Randy Orton
2) Vengeance 2007 - WWE Championship Challenge: John Cena beat Mick Foley, King Booker, Randy Orton, and Lashley
3) WrestleMania XXIV - Randy Orton beat Triple H & John Cena
4) Backlash 2008 - Triple H beat Randy Orton, John Cena and JBL
5) Night of Champions 2009 - Randy Orton beat Triple H & John Cena
6) Elimination Chamber 2010 - Elimination Chamber: John Cena beat Sheamus, Triple H, Kofi Kingston, Ted DiBiase, and Randy Orton
7) Fatal Four Way 2010: Fatal Four Way: Sheamus beat Champion John Cena, Randy Orton, and Edge to win the title
8) Night of Champions 2010: Six Pack Elimination Match: Randy Orton beat Champion Sheamus, John Cena, Wade Barrett, Edge, and Chris Jericho
9) Elimination Chamber 2011: John Cena beat CM Punk, John Morrison, Randy Orton, Sheamus, & R-Truth
10) Elimination Chamber 2014: Randy Orton beat Daniel Bryan, John Cena, Cesaro, Christian and Sheamus
11) Money in the Bank 2014: John Cena beat Kane, Randy Orton, Roman Reigns, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, Bray Wyatt and Cesaro
12) Battleground 2014: John Cena beat Randy Orton, Kane, & Roman Reigns

There have been 99 PPVs from Backlash 2007 (their first PPV match) to Hell in the Cell 2014. This means that 22% (or more than 1 out of every 5 WWE PPVs) during that time has featured some sort of Cena vs. Orton match.

Damn

Omega

Banned
Late night Wrassle-GAF...what other hobbies/interests do you guys have?

-reading, mostly sci-fi/fantasy
-occasionally gaming
-DDP Yoga
-blogging about #FuckingCarnies
-guitar (haven't played in years now so this probably doesn't even count anymore)
-comics...only collect trades now, and mostly just Daredevil and Green Arrow
-Star Wars
-podcast listening
-teaching/making educational materials for ESL

I don't care much about music anymore or movies. :-/ Life really changes when you get married n have a child.

CounterStrike
Comics..mainly Image Comics and DC
Basketball/football
watching tv. i watch too many shows..

bjork

Best match of the Attitude Era, for sure.

why was goldberg so popular? was he just at the right place at the right time with his super serious powerman gimmick when prowrestling was at it's zenith? hogan putting him over have anything to do with it?

what makes him different from a more entertaining brock lesnar?

The right look and the right push. I don't know that he was more entertaining than Brock, though. Best Goldberg moment is Regal not selling for him in that one match imo.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Late night Wrassle-GAF...what other hobbies/interests do you guys have?

-reading, mostly sci-fi/fantasy
-occasionally gaming
-DDP Yoga
-blogging about #FuckingCarnies
-guitar (haven't played in years now so this probably doesn't even count anymore)
-comics...only collect trades now, and mostly just Daredevil and Green Arrow
-Star Wars
-podcast listening
-teaching/making educational materials for ESL

I don't care much about music anymore or movies. :-/ Life really changes when you get married n have a child.
Oooh. Let me try.

Movie watching.
Games (obviously).
Slackin' off.
Browsing.
Getting all talkative.
Wrasslin'.
Expressing my dislike of the Amazing Spiderman movies.
Complaining about something and yet not doing anything about it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I've decided now that legit shook is permanent, we need to work on TMF.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
"What video game protagonists have achieves TMF status?"

The right look and the right push. I don't know that he was more entertaining than Brock, though. Best Goldberg moment is Regal not selling for him in that one match imo.

goldberg and lesnar essentially have the same gimmick but I feel like at least lesnar is/was much better in the ring and better booked as well. he hasn't really put on anything that great in the ring in a long time (except the cena squash which was more amusing than great wrestling) now that I think about it.

when he was full time at least he was putting over guys and being booked on the same level as other people. who knows if he would of gotten cena treatment if he stayed with wwe after WM20.

did regal no sell goldberg's finisher?

I just got off the phone with Daniel Bryan. He says the Yes Movement is still strong, even when his arm isn't. He'll be back, and he'll be better than ever! You can Bo-lieve that!

In all seriousness: This whole situation with him sucks hard. I know someone asked him not too long ago in an interview if he'd considered retirement and he said it hadn't even crossed his mind because it's not happening. Nerve issues are complicated and this seems like it's gone on so long for him. I hope he can recover and come back just fine.

Fox318

goldberg and lesnar essentially have the same gimmick but I feel like at least lesnar is/was much better in the ring and better booked as well. he hasn't really put on anything that great in the ring in a long time (except the cena squash which was more amusing than great wrestling) now that I think about it.

when he was full time at least he was putting over guys and being booked on the same level as other people. who knows if he would of gotten cena treatment if he stayed with wwe after WM20.
Wwe would have worn him out with house shows and pushing guys like Sheldon Benjamin.

bjork

did regal no sell goldberg's finisher?

Lesnar's gimmick is that he's got a legit background in mat wrestling from NCAA. Goldberg's gimmick was being a jacked bald guy with a goatee who couldn't do football any more. He was basically Mongo with a better look and better handlers... they gave him an undefeated streak and hyped that fact, and kept him sort of mysterious by not having him say too much. At first, at least. I don't know if I buy the theory that they pushed him because he looked like a bigger and more fit Austin, but at the same time it wouldn't surprise me.

Regal didn't let Goldy squash him in like a minute, which is what his matches usually were: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4IdelJfk2k

strobogo

Banned
dkKG4fI.gif

In other news, I saw Gone Girl. Whoever said it was "Fuckery: The movie" (Slay maybe?) was dead on. But it was dope. Also good to know that Batman has a
huge hog on him.

Hi Pepsi, how are you?

I'm pretty good. I was supposed to fight a ticket in traffic court today but the court had a power outage so now I have to go back on Monday. Also I got my tattoo mostly coloured today, I need to go back for another 1.5 hour session next week but it's looking pretty good now.
How are you?

dkKG4fI.gif

In other news, I saw Gone Girl. Whoever said it was "Fuckery: The movie" (Slay maybe?) was dead on. But it was dope. Also good to know that Batman has a
huge hog on him.

Movie was good up until
the ending. So unsatisfying. The tits on his girlfriend were so fucking nice though. Bonus, the actress was also part of the fappening when I came home and looked her up

strobogo

Banned
Movie was good up until
the ending. So unsatisfying. The tits on his girlfriend were so fucking nice though. Bonus, the actress was also part of the fappening when I came home and looked her up

There was only one ending that could truly be satisfying and it would have been been the easiest and most cliche choice, so I didn't have much issue with it.

There was only one ending that could truly be satisfying and it would have been been the easiest and most cliche choice, so I didn't have much issue with it.

What ending would that have been?
I was hoping he would kill her when she came back or the cops would put the evidence together and realize she was framing him

strobogo

Banned
What ending would that have been?
I was hoping he would kill her when she came back or the cops would put the evidence together and realize she was framing him

The first one. I feel like any normal person would want that to be the desired out come by the end of the movie.

Top Bottom