• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

bjork

A part of me always wanted to see Stephanie Wiand naked. I'm perfectly comfortable with the fact that the previous sentence will likely be the top result if anyone googles "Stephanie Wiand naked."

Aiii

So not worth it
I just don't get how the Monday Night War show is just full of soundbytes by WWE backstage people, including Steph and Hunter, of people explaining why WCW was shit (overexposure, not enough wrestling, no building of new stars) when that is going on right now in WWE and they're doing nothing to fix it.

I can understand the lower execs not having enough power backstage like Malenko, but surely Michael Hayes and definitely Steph and Hunter have Vince's ear to get this point across? I guess it's the lack of competition and the fact ratings remain pretty much stable year after year.

Still, so weird that they clearly know what's wrong, but aren't doing anything to fix it.

Daniel Bryan describing why nobody gives a shit about anything going on in WWE because they know it ultimately means nothing (but actually speaking about WCW Cruiserweights) is particularly "funny".

bjork

You can't look to some WWE-produced thing for any sort of consistency. This is the company that made that first Warrior DVD and everyone said he was some giant shitbag, then when he wanted to play ball, he's suddenly one of the most important stars ever.

There is also the idea that Vince has the final say until he goes away, so maybe it's not worth bothering? Can't say without having been there. I'm fully expecting a storyline involving a reboot of sorts once he goes hands-off.

Aiii

So not worth it
Booker T: "Nobody knew what was going on. Every week we would do the show and the show would not even be written."

Yep.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Every time Yoko gets up from the ground off his knee I wince. He looks so tired in 96. There's no way he should still be wrestling. 94 Yoko is like a completely different guy.

"Cornette is just verbally raping Yokozuna"
image.php

bjork

Yoko on the forklift should've been the last thing until he slimmed down. Also, he should've never spoken. Turning on Superstars or whatever after years of him just saying "bonzai" and hearing him be all like "yo brah, this fat man's gonna wipe his ass with yo head, word" or whatever was just too weird.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I love rewatching the 1994 Raw with Yokozuna vs Randy Savage where Macho Man's basically trying to go for his last world title in WWF while being booked against Yoko who was just murdering everybody at that point. The match is really good, and the crowd is on fire for the whole thing.

Sadly, it ends with a bunch of run-ins.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yoshitatsu says he's going to prove his worth to New Japan by taking down the Bullet Club all by himself, as such he'll be billed as 'The Bullet Club Hunter' Yoshitatsu;

Also, Bruce Tharpe-des has got his own t-shirt, lol;

DjgGElU.jpg

I will absolutely be buying the Bruce Tharpe-des t-shirt. puroresushop.com

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Shawn Michaels is the most flamboyant wrestler.
Bret Hart is the most incomparable wrestler.

These are boring tag lines, WWF.

Alucard

Banned
Shawn Michaels is the most flamboyant wrestler.
Bret Hart is the most incomparable wrestler.

These are boring tag lines, WWF.

Style vs. Technique!
The Sexy Boy vs. The Excellence of Execution!
Shawn Michaels vs. Bret Hart!
Wrestlemania XII!
Don't miss it!

joelseph

Wars got me into watching old Nitro episodes, something before my time. The football guy with the dog is fucking awesome. Was home sick yesterday and made it up to Starrcade 95. I am getting more enjoyment out of this than the current product, obviously.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wars got me into watching old Nitro episodes, something before my time. The football guy with the dog is fucking awesome. Was home sick yesterday and made it up to Starrcade 95. I am getting more enjoyment out of this than the current product, obviously.

This is a horrible post, Mongo is the worst worst worst

Maybe it's just because you haven't seen him wrestle yet.

Nitro is definitely better than current WWE though

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't know he was going to wrestle, he has been color up until where I'm at. I only like him because he brought his dog with him on camera. That is awesome. Dogs are the best!

Dogs are the best, but Mongo is absolutely horrendous. They'll cancel each other out.

Aiii

So not worth it
Nitro during that time was insanely better, yeah.

I've been hearing from multiple people that they think Mongo is quite good. It seems people coming in fresh don't mind him for some reason. I guess it's because commentary right now is so bad anything is good in comparison.

Honestly can't think of another reason.

Also, cats are the superior pets.

bjork

Are you sure that isn't affecting your judgment today?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Would you like to know the most over thing in WWF in 1996?
HBK? Nope.
Bret Hart? Nope.
Diesel? Nope.
Undertaker? Again, no.

Jake Roberts DDT gets the biggest pop every single night. You ought to see the crowd when he hits it at the In Your House.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Max Payne 3 is great, great, great the first time through. Due to their technical limitations, subsequent run-throughs are very tough because while the cutscenes are skippable, that's how they mask load times - so you'll be lucky if you can skip about 5 seconds apiece.

Max Payne has the Hitman Absolution problem of pre-rendering all their damn cutscenes.

This means the game is like 30 gigs. For someone with data caps or dirt internet (I am the latter)...

Sephzilla

Max Payne 3 is great, great, great the first time through. Due to their technical limitations, subsequent run-throughs are very tough because while the cutscenes are skippable, that's how they mask load times - so you'll be lucky if you can skip about 5 seconds apiece.

Yeah, he's right about this. It's a clever way to mask loading times but it does kind of hinder replays.

DAT AIRPORT SHOOTOUT, DOE

Jamie OD

I've been hearing from multiple people that they think Mongo is quite good. It seems people coming in fresh don't mind him for some reason. I guess it's because commentary right now is so bad anything is good in comparison.

Probably because he has more of a personality than any of today's announcers. Even if he is bad on the mic he's a breath of fresh air to what we have now.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, he's right about this. It's a clever way to mask loading times but it does kind of hinder replays.

DAT AIRPORT SHOOTOUT, DOE

Yeahhhhhhhhhh that was just....yeahhhhhh

Honestly I loved the flashbacks to NJ and the boat. And the stadium. Stadium was probably my favorite part. Least favorite were the favela areas. Maybe the building near the end.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Goldust called in on Raw, and he's spooky as hell sounding over the phone. What a great gimmick.

But not as scary as Ahmed Johnson and his oiled up chest.

Sephzilla

I went in fresh and honestly, Mongo is fucking terrible but he's terrible in a different way from how Cole/JBL/Lawler are right now. He's bad simply because announcing isn't his forte, even though he seems to genuinely be trying, while the current WWE group are bad because they're just puppets to Vince.

Yeahhhhhhhhhh that was just....yeahhhhhh

Honestly I loved the flashbacks to NJ and the boat. And the stadium. Stadium was probably my favorite part. Least favorite were the favela areas. Maybe the building near the end.

Yeah, Max Payne 3 was pretty much my GOTY when it came out. It had so many well done memorable segments for me. The favela parts are the weakest parts of the game though for sure. The New Jersey, stadium, and airport parts are fucking fantastic though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WWE is hopping on the Randy Orton Vine bandwagon. They just posted a video of him RKOing The Shockmaster as he trips through the wall.

They need to watch out, putting RKOs in videos WITH wrestling is the fast track to making people not give shits.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I done came up. The Juice, Juventud Guerrera, follows me. This makes me happy as piss.

4RwLsx2.png

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They call you the Hot Rod
But what exactly do they mean?
A towering inferno of temper
But beneath that skirt, you're anything but lean
You preside over the World Wrestling Federation in a fashion that is so far gone
With all those sexy temper tantrums
~ooo~
You turn me on
Mr President Piper, you are so mean, so hard, and so ripe.
To you I have but one request
When does Goldust get to play that bagpipe?
I look forward to that imitation. I look forward with much lust.
Mr. President Piper, you will never forget the name of
Goldust

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Let's discuss the best way to introduce TMF status to people on gaming-side. Should we start with doing TMF November on our avs?

Top Bottom