• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
¡HarlequinPanic!;134687680 said:
man I just got another og xbox. looking back on that shit, we didn't know what we had.
I knew exactly what I had. It didn't get any better than Halo 2 on Xbox Live back when.

Carnby

Fan encounters CM Punk at Sea Hawks game.

Edit: I mean BLACK HAWKS.

As noted, WWE Divas Champion AJ Lee and husband CM Punk were at the Chicago Blackhawks hockey game on Wednesday night. A fan on WrestlingForum.com posted the following on his encounter with Punk with a photo:

"Now I dont know if I put this is the wrong section or not but anyways. I was at the hawks game and im standing getting food and i look to my left and literally 2 feet next to me aj and punk are standing. Now I am obsessed with both punk and aj so i had a little heart attack. But what I kind of didnt like is the only think I said to them was Hey Phil can I get a picture please and he smirked and totally ignored me looking around like he was spacing the hell out. I didnt say anything else so he didnt think I was a crazy fan but dude has punk always been like this in public? It seems like hes got a stick up his ass and doesnt even want to acknowledge his fans that spent lots of money to get him super famous and rich. But at the same time I understand because I am sure he is totally sick and tired of always having people wanting photos with him and talk to him and asking him about coming back to WWE. I wasnt going to ask him that but still he shouldve at least said hi or sorry not."

strobogo

Banned
If he was a real fan, he would have known that Punk is a miserable dick in public AND hates/won't respond to fans who call him, "Phil". That's the same reason why HHH won't respond to UrbanDaddy.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Getting mad about being called your real name ESPECIALLY when you're not even actively wrestling and 'retired' is about the markiest shit of all time.

strobogo

Banned
Getting mad about being called your real name ESPECIALLY when you're not even actively wrestling and 'retired' is about the markiest shit of all time.

Wrasslin is the opposite of real TV. Matt LeBlanc hates being called Joey, but CM Punk hates being called Phil.

Omega

Banned

i never got people like this

why not just try to have a normal conversation with him, maybe even small talk? he'd probably still be a dick because he's Punk but these guys probably get asked this multiple times a day

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What is the requirements to be That Motherfucker? Or is it just something you know when you see it?

Heel came up with it, so anyone who tries to tell you what it is that isn't heel is just someone trying to make sure their dude is cool and is totally it.

Pretty sure it just means they have little personality but they work because they can wrestle and are straight shooters. IE why Arn Anderson and Dean Malenko work

strobogo

Banned
What is the requirements to be That Motherfucker? Or is it just something you know when you see it?

Partly. But mostly either an ultimate bad ass or a steely eyed mother fucker who takes shit from no one and will beat your ass.

Popular examples include:

Stan Hansen
Tenryu
Dean Malenko
Arn Anderson
Fit Finlay
Scott Norton
Steiner Brothers
Bad News Brown
Toshiaki Kawada
Bruiser Brody
Goldberg
The Faces of Fear

JavyOO7

This segment with Tyson and Sami is wonderful. I just had to watch it again when I got home.

Tyson wearing Sami's t-shirt and just ranting on and on about Sami... its great. And then this very pleasant exchange:

Sami: "So, I'll tell you what... go back there, and go borrow Tyler Breeze's cell phone so you can call Natty and make sure that that's okay, alright?"

Tyson: "Why would Tyler Breeze have Natty's number... its ridiculous."

(crowd laughs)

Tyson: You know what, this isn't about my wife... and as long as Regal is fine with it, you know I am. But... I have to go make a few phone calls, I have check on my cats... so later tonight, I'll see you in this ring. And the Sami Zayn round to redemption hits a road block. FACT!

strobogo

Banned
TMF Moments in history:

ii15ikLWhrULq.gif

ibzJIq0jfJokwu.gif

i6xmWVXwvM068.gif

iAaRywssc0TeV.gif

ibfIPDnZBKCx1e.gif

itw7I8tZv0QmX.gif

ibg9k2TMrqKm8D.gif

iM2DgLQMhdSio.gif

ibbklQ4NVlwdOW.gif

It's possible to jump to TMF status even if you don't otherwise deserve it depending on the quality of your lariato, powerbomb, big boot game. Ability to give the ice cold death glare or straight mean muggin is also factored. Basically, it boils down to, "That motherfucker is not to be trifled with".

It's possible to jump to TMF status even if you don't otherwise deserve it depending on the quality of your lariato, powerbomb, big boot game. Ability to give the ice cold death glare or straight mean muggin is also factored. Basically, it boils down to, "That motherfucker is not to be trifled with".

...Test is TMF?

Only using each man and title once.

Daniel Bryan V HHH
Randy Savage V Ricky Steamboat for the IC title
Cody Rhodes V Rey Mysterio
Chris Jericho V Shawn Michaels
Kane V Raven V Big Show Hardcore Title Match
Undertaker V CM Punk
Steve Austin V Bret Hart Submission Match
Edge and Christian V The Hardys V The Dudleys TLC for the Tag Team title
Rock V Hogan
Kurt Angle V Brock Lesnar for the WWE title

This is identical cal to mine

OG Xbox is Dreamcast tier. What a machine!

Putting it in the same tier as the Dreamcast is a fucking insult. The only reason people think that console is good is because Sega fanboys kept fucking bellowing on about how every mediocre POS game and abysmal non-game (like Shenmue) on the system were some of the greatest games of all time in order to justify their faith and support in a company that died, RIP, four years before the system even came out, and, after shouting about it long enough, it just became "common knowledge," like how any gum you swallow stays in your stomach for 7 years, how your roommate dying nets you an automatic 4.0 GPA, or that Triple H has a plastic tube installed in his forehead to do the "water spitting" part of his entrance. And the sad thing is that we're seeing the exact same thing happen with the Wii U right now, despite Nintendo, a company that hasn't released a good game since Super Mario Galaxy 2, being the only ones left supporting it.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
According to GGG, when he first became Kane, he would ride in a van with D'Lo, Mark Henry, and The Rock. That was the traveling team.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Mick Foley was on MLBN earlier on an interview with Mike Morse, who later hits a pinch-run home run to tie the game late.

The power of Mick!

Putting it in the same tier as the Dreamcast is a fucking insult. The only reason people think that console is good is because Sega fanboys kept fucking bellowing on about how every mediocre POS game and abysmal non-game (like Shenmue) on the system were some of the greatest games of all time in order to justify their faith and support in a company that died, RIP, four years before the system even came out, and, after shouting about it long enough, it just became "common knowledge," like how any gum you swallow stays in your stomach for 7 years, how your roommate dying nets you an automatic 4.0 GPA, or that Triple H has a plastic tube installed in his forehead to do the "water spitting" part of his entrance. And the sad thing is that we're seeing the exact same thing happen with the Wii U right now, despite Nintendo, a company that hasn't released a good game since Super Mario Galaxy 2, being the only ones left supporting it.

I guess you didn't play many arcade games back then :$

"NXT is Fergal" is fast approaching. Can't remember the last time I was this hyped for a debut. I really think of all the guys currently in NXT, including Zayn and Steen, Devitt has the best chance to be the biggest star of the bunch.

randy orton

- killed christian's WHC title run (can't say I care)
- crapped in a diva's locker for fun
- called other divas whores
- ruined kofi
- ruined mr.k (can't say I care)
- ruined bryan's title run
- ruined a hotel room cause he was mad

this guy has done so much shit how has he gotten away with it omfg

randy orton

- ruined kofi

Don't forget the fact that WWE created an entire new rule to their Wellness Policy where strikes can be taken away if a performer goes through certain programs. They created that rule specifically because they wanted to push Orton but he had two strikes. Now he has one or none. That rule will forever be known as the "Randy Orton Rule".

what a terrible opinion

DC had damn near arcade perfect ports of everything. Fighters dream console right there.

Bronson, do you call FallingEdge FallingEdge when you met him? I bet that was awkward.

it was awkward at first but then we bonded over some fried chicken

Don't forget the fact that WWE created an entire new rule to their Wellness Policy where strikes can be taken away if a performer goes through certain programs. They created that rule specifically because they wanted to push Orton but he had two strikes. Now he has one or none. That rule will forever be known as the "Randy Orton Rule".

As it should. The fact they even have a Wellness Policy is stupid.

Raw64life

I probably would've done the same thing.

what a terrible opinion

DC had damn near arcade perfect ports of everything. Fighters dream console right there.

OG Xbox was like Roman Reigns. Not that popular or good but the parent company continually pumps tons of resources into it. Dreamcast was like The Nexus to Cenas PS2.

Yeah, it's totally stupid for them to try to at least attempt to stop pro wrestling from being stigmatized by continuously high premature death rates.

Either do it right or don't do it at all. They are half assing it and are fooling no one.

OG Xbox was like Roman Reigns. Not that popular or good but the parent company continually pumps tons of resources into it. Dreamcast was like The Nexus to Cenas PS2.

bingo bango

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
anything happening in NJPW lately? I think I saw a event poster with shibata on it, guess he's moving up? (and still feuding with tanahashi? not that the last match was bad, far from it)

anything happening in NJPW lately? I think I saw a event poster with shibata on it, guess he's moving up? (and still feuding with tanahashi? not that the last match was bad, far from it)

Next big show in November has a main event of Shibata vs. Nakamura for the IC belt. Tanahashi won the IWGP Title from Styles earlier this week.

Either do it right or don't do it at all. They are half assing it and are fooling no one.

I wouldn't say they are half-assing it. They aren't testing for HGH, but few sports leagues do, though some are starting to. Other than that, they are doing just fine.

Small note from Observer site about the Willie Mack deal

"The true story about Willie Mack and his NXT offer being pulled will probably never be made public. Its nothing major. Just some times minor details can make or break a deal."

randy orton

- ruined kofi
- ruined a hotel room cause he was mad

but he's the inspiration for RKO Vines

Top Bottom