• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

Kaladin

Partly. But mostly either an ultimate bad ass or a steely eyed mother fucker who takes shit from no one and will beat your ass.

Popular examples include:

Stan Hansen
Tenryu
Dean Malenko
Arn Anderson
Fit Finlay
Scott Norton
Steiner Brothers
Bad News Brown
Toshiaki Kawada
Bruiser Brody
Goldberg
The Faces of Fear

You missed one....

tumblr_n4g1c0jnC61sbzhteo1_400.gif

randy orton

- killed christian's WHC title run (can't say I care)
- crapped in a diva's locker for fun
- called other divas whores
- ruined kofi
- ruined mr.k (can't say I care)
- ruined bryan's title run
- ruined a hotel room cause he was mad

this guy has done so much shit how has he gotten away with it omfg
They need Bad News Barrett to come back.

For those who don't know, British wrestler Kris Travis is battling stomach cancer and the British wrestling community has pulled together with a number of fundraisers to help him financially while he's fighting this. Preston City Wrestling are hosting a benefit show on January 15th and a whole bunch of wrestlers are working for free, including Paige's brothers The Hooligans and her father Ricky, but also Chris Masters who's flying himself all the way from the US out of his own pocket to support Kris. Good on Masters, what a top bloke.

anything happening in NJPW lately? I think I saw a event poster with shibata on it, guess he's moving up? (and still feuding with tanahashi? not that the last match was bad, far from it)

Shibata's definitely moving up - normally he only works the big shows, but the upcoming tour will be his first full tour with New Japan since he quit the company in 2004. Also, he'll be teaming with Tanahashi a fair bit on the tour, as they've found some mutual respect after hitting each other a lot. Tanahashi vs Okada is set for Wrestle Kingdom, but before that there's Power Struggle (headlined by Nakamura vs Shibata) and the annual World Tag League tournament in December, which should be fun.

Nope, 5 years pro. A JAPW original, lol.

Watched a bunch of Portland Wrestling, Jay Youngblood was such a great babyface talent, insanely popular with the Portland crowd, athletic, acceptable promos and with a good look. Such a shame he died so young and we never got to see how high he'd climb in his career.

Nope, 5 years pro. A JAPW original, lol.

Watched a bunch of Portland Wrestling, Jay Youngblood was such a great babyface talent, insanely popular with the Portland crowd, athletic, acceptable promos and with a good look. Such a shame he died so young and we never got to see how high he'd climb in his career.
Wasn't she a footstool for the Embassy? Or am I getting my people confused?

That was Jade Chung in the first version of The Embassy. Mia Yim was in the more recent version of The Embassy, but Nana didn't use her as a footstool like he did with Jade, iirc.

Recall

Never stop loving Daisuke Ikeda. Ikeda and Mohammed Yone have insanely interesting backgrounds with BattlARTS that NOAH really failed to capitalise on.

I wonder what ever became of Ikeda.

Ikeda's working full-time for NOAH now and still runs his Fu-Ten promotion, on and off - he's only had one show this year though, for his 20th anniversary in March. And yeah, real shame NOAH never made a big deal of Yone's shootstyle background - I always found him far more compelling in BattlARTS than NOAH.

bjork

Jamie OD

I would use him to manage my finances. People always say he was "smart with his money." That's why he doesn't need to come back!

It's amazing how some of us (myself included) can view a pro wrestling career as a curse and are thankful towards those who "escape" and move on to a more normal life.

bjork

Dude at work was going on about Punk going to TNA. "Yeah, they called him, but he didn't say no, he said he'd consider it. He said he'd never go back to WWE." I think my mistake was talking to people at work. I need to stop doing that.

edit - Stro: no slim jim gif?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's amazing how some of us (myself included) can view a pro wrestling career as a curse and are thankful towards those who "escape" and move on to a more normal life.

I view WWE and their schedule a curse. Current NJPW seems like it'd be pretty good to work for. Those dudes look pretty happy in their twitter photos.

Fox318

Punk retired with the ability to walk. How many former superstars can say that?

Considering how little money these guys make, the work schedule, and the work politics the dude decided it wasn't worth it.

His wife is up there in terms of Diva age so it's not like the company is gonna support them for much longer.

Not to mention the company is in bad shape and they view part timers as their future.

bjork

Punk retired with the ability to walk. How many former superstars can say that?

Considering how little money these guys make, the work schedule, and the work politics the dude decided it wasn't worth it.

His wife is up there in terms of Diva age so it's not like the company is gonna support them for much longer.

Not to mention the company is in bad shape and they view part timers as their future.

? She's 27.

Gonzalez

Banned
I can't watch dailymotion at work, but this is exactly what they should be doing with the network. A fresh way to watch older beloved content and it seems fairly cheap to produce.
That, and they should have a MST3K style commentary for full shitty PPV's. I know Colt does something similar to that at a local improv, and I thought he would have been perfect for it. But... Godammit Punk.

Cagey

Banned
i648CT6dmecp6.gif

Did 10 pages seriously go by trying to identify some motherfuckers with no one discussing the real answer?

This MFer deadlifts adult men with one arm for fun.
06-funny-referee-gifs-brock-lesnar-picks-up-referee-wwe.gif

You wouldn't like TMF when he's angry.
3cu.gif

Watch TMF attempt to fly because he DGAF.
brock-lesnar-botch-o.gif

Malenko doing this? Arn and his old ass? I don't think so.
XhEcB.gifp

Spoiler alert: the realest MFer versus everyone on NXT.
8Fx1s4J.gif

cmon sons.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ol' midget Dave Matthews ain't doing shit and ain't ever done anything close to this shit
3hSQZ.gif

Double A is THE realest mother fucker on the block.

Aiii

So not worth it
We've officially gone from split reactions to vocal minority, eh?

Well, I guess it's true since most of WWE's crowds right now are dead by the time the second hour of Raw starts.

DMczaf

We've officially gone from split reactions to vocal minority, eh?

Well, I guess it's true since most of WWE's crowds right now are dead by the time the second hour of Raw starts.

The Brock beatdown at Summerslam has Vince shook to his legit core.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Brock Lesnar isn't old or seasoned enough to be TMF. I'm sure he will, but right now he's not.

Putting it in the same tier as the Dreamcast is a fucking insult. The only reason people think that console is good is because Sega fanboys kept fucking bellowing on about how every mediocre POS game and abysmal non-game (like Shenmue) on the system were some of the greatest games of all time in order to justify their faith and support in a company that died, RIP, four years before the system even came out, and, after shouting about it long enough, it just became "common knowledge," like how any gum you swallow stays in your stomach for 7 years, how your roommate dying nets you an automatic 4.0 GPA, or that Triple H has a plastic tube installed in his forehead to do the "water spitting" part of his entrance. And the sad thing is that we're seeing the exact same thing happen with the Wii U right now, despite Nintendo, a company that hasn't released a good game since Super Mario Galaxy 2, being the only ones left supporting it.

This is a horrific post and you should be ashamed of yourself. Sega Dreamcast was a true visionary console. And Dead Man on Campus was a great film.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Arn Anderson is the biggest and best TMF, and that's not even debatable. Essence of TMF is strong with that one.

With the trouble we've had in here distilling what makes a man or woman TMF, can you imagine how horrible and wrong a gaming-side question would be? You'd get people volunteering dudes like
yJb8hgO.jpg

0shyE47.png

Maybe we should just keep it real in here. With good votes like Mike Haggar.

Bull Dempsey is a brock ass Steen knockoff.
Haha, this is true.

But I do agree with you. Brock has been That Mother Fucker from the start.

Edit: LOL, Cloud as That Mother Fucker would definitely be brought up.

Haggar is a legit pick though. If we had to stick to the Final Fantasy world, would Auron from FFX be a good pick? In 7, Cid would be my pick.

Top Bottom