• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

Hasney

Putting it in the same tier as the Dreamcast is a fucking insult. The only reason people think that console is good is because Sega fanboys kept fucking bellowing on about how every mediocre POS game and abysmal non-game (like Shenmue) on the system were some of the greatest games of all time in order to justify their faith and support in a company that died, RIP, four years before the system even came out, and, after shouting about it long enough, it just became "common knowledge," like how any gum you swallow stays in your stomach for 7 years, how your roommate dying nets you an automatic 4.0 GPA, or that Triple H has a plastic tube installed in his forehead to do the "water spitting" part of his entrance. And the sad thing is that we're seeing the exact same thing happen with the Wii U right now, despite Nintendo, a company that hasn't released a good game since Super Mario Galaxy 2, being the only ones left supporting it.

Good lord. My friend is bringing over his CRT tonight so we can get some House of the Dead 2 and Confidential Mission working because the console is still fucking brilliant. Then on top of that, my Wii U is the most played console I have right now. Far too much awesome shit being curled out by Nintendo which means I've not got past my first bloody season in NBA 2k15 because of Hyrule Warriors, or the fact that I want to play Bayonetta 2 demo again... Will probably knock out some Boom Street tonight as well because with some beers, that game is fucking competitive.

Getting Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze next week with this deal as well. People keep banging on that it's somehow better than 3D World, so we'll see.

EDIT: New Paige

picgifs-console-dreamcast-7844146.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_inline_ncdso3B9js1rbr94y.gif

Almost a 3 jiff comic

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Good lord. My friend is bringing over his CRT tonight so we can get some House of the Dead 2 and Confidential Mission working because the console is still fucking brilliant. Then on top of that, my Wii U is the most played console I have right now. Far too much awesome shit being curled out by Nintendo which means I've not got past my first bloody season in NBA 2k15 because of Hyrule Warriors, or the fact that I want to play Bayonetta 2 demo again... Will probably knock out some Boom Street tonight as well because with some beers, that game is fucking competitive.

Getting Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze next week with this deal as well. People keep banging on that it's somehow better than 3D World, so we'll see.

Hell yeah, Confidential Mission is an overlooked gem. I love that goddamn system.

DKTF is fun with a friend. 3D World didn't do terribly much for me. It was nice but yknow.

bjork

"It doesn't matter if most of the audience hates him, we've given him a ton of fake championship reigns that no one remembers".

Does anyone remember ANYTHING about any of his 15 title reigns that doesn't revolve around someone else in said reign (like Punk, Edge, or Bryan)?

The one I remember most is when he hit a guy with a chain at like... wrestlemania 19 or 20?, and I don't even think that was a world title match.

Alucard

Banned
"It doesn't matter if most of the audience hates him, we've given him a ton of fake championship reigns that no one remembers".

Does anyone remember ANYTHING about any of his 15 title reigns that doesn't revolve around someone else in said reign (like Punk, Edge, or Bryan)?

Absolutely zero minus the spinner belt. Least memorable multi-time champ in history? Maybe?

Ithil

Absolutely zero minus the spinner belt. Least memorable multi-time champ in history? Maybe?

The closest other one is Randy Orton, who apparently has about 13 World title reigns that no one remembers either.

The two kings of "propped up".

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Technically speaking, Meng is THE mother fucker. Dean Malenko would get his eyeballs pulled out and eaten by Meng.

Scott Steiner in short trunks
fK5dIr4.jpg

I did not know such a thing existed. Young Rick Steiner looks so much like Mick Foley.

I'd love to have a crt on hand for house of the dead....were I not living in nyc I'd hunt down an actual arcade cabinet one day.

Playin' some Illbleed for halloween 8)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
TMF has a lot more factors to it than "who can beat you up irl"

TMF is a state of mind. Usually communicated physically, but a glare can go a long way.

Hasney

¡HarlequinPanic!;134750107 said:
I'd love to have a crt on hand for house of the dead....were I not living in nyc I'd hunt down an actual arcade cabinet one day.

Playin' some Illbleed for halloween 8)

Oh man, love Illbleed.

I have to check Sports Jam out at some point again. Pretty dull game normally, but my save got corrupted and fucked with the difficulty level to something you can't select from the options normally. It becomes like trying to play that invisible Grand Master Tetris shit.

The only one I can think of was the "I quit match" with JBL...

Was that even for a strap?

I just remembered Cener bleeding buckets.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Vader cried and called himself a fat piece of shit.

His TMF status was revoked.

Correct. A true judge of character are tears.

Not to say TMF Tears can't be shed, but not in a moment of insecurity in front of miwwions of twoops.

How long do background checks take? It's been a week!

Depending on how extensive it is, it can take a while. Week sounds about right

Arn Anderson is the biggest and best TMF, and that's not even debatable. Essence of TMF is strong with that one.

With the trouble we've had in here distilling what makes a man or woman TMF, can you imagine how horrible and wrong a gaming-side question would be? You'd get people volunteering dudes like
yJb8hgO.jpg

0shyE47.png

Maybe we should just keep it real in here. With good votes like Mike Haggar.

Now this will be hilarious. Yes please, do it up.

TMF

Fox318

Watching some of the Warehouse episodes.

Why do they hold onto all of the sets and stuff?

They plan on opening a theme park or selling it?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I guess it's hypocritical of me because I hate the frat hazing bullshit of wrestling. But at the same time, I miss watching WWW or WWF or WCW or WCCW or whatever and seeing that skinny jobber in the ring or that new dude who you know doesn't have much pull.

And then seeing like the Steiners or Andre or the Headhunters or Vader or Finlay and thinking, 'oh that poor guy is going to get the piss beat out of him.'

Shibata and Brock are about the only two actively that deliver on that. I just continue to want a WWE tag team that are just two hardasses.

Kaladin

The last episode of Impact they have taped for 2014 airs November 19th. The plan for the next six Wednesdays to the end of 2014 is to do produced best of specials.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Was concerned it would be no-sold but god DAMN gaming-side moves fast.

TMF might be too advanced a concept for a lot of folks over there though.

Technically speaking, Meng is THE mother fucker. Dean Malenko would get his eyeballs pulled out and eaten by Meng.

Scott Steiner in short trunks
fK5dIr4.jpg

I did not know such a thing existed. Young Rick Steiner looks so much like Mick Foley.

Prime Steiner Bros are insane. Their mass and cuts are ridiculous not to mention their talent in the ring. Definitely a physique I admire.

Top Bottom