• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

njean777

uh, not if HHH comes out and cheats ambrose starting ambrose/hhh

remember this would be reigns in the cell.

they were pushing reigns. hhh will cost ambrose the match and ambrose/hhh will begin.

I don't know if Reigns is going to work anymore. When he comes back I think Ambrose will have overshadowed him with the audience. It would be interesting if he came back heel though. He seems to be more of a heel to me then a face.

As someone who's seen pictures of Daniel Bryan before, the fedora one seems a bit more distant. Like those recent developments of his injuries kinda got him down.

Anth0ny

when rocky maivia didn't work as a babyface they turned his ass heel and it worked flawlessly

that being said rock has more charisma is his little finger than reigns does in his whole body, but I think a heel turn could work for the guy

who are we kidding? he's coming back #1 at the royal rumble and winning the whole thing, then beating brock clean at mania. belieeeeee dat.

Vylash

Who are we thinking is going to win at HIAC between Ambrose and Rollins? Im thinking Ambrose because he lost the last fight he was in with Rollins. Plus they are trying to build him to be the top babyface other then Cena right now.

vince-mcmahon-o.gif

njean777

when rocky maivia didn't work as a babyface they turned his ass heel and it worked flawlessly

that being said rock has more charisma is his little finger than reigns does in his whole body, but I think a heel turn could work for the guy

who are we kidding? he's coming back #1 at the royal rumble and winning the whole thing, then beating brock clean at mania. belieeeeee dat.

Thats what I am afraid of, I don't think he will be cheered if he knocks out Ambrose. We may see a repeat of Batista again.

this should be good

riccohet closing out the year wilh Gold!

PWG ‏@OfficialPWG 20m20 minutes ago
After winning the 2014 Battle of Los Angeles, Ricochet will get his title shot against Kyle O'Reilly on December 12th!

It's not really a comparison IMO. The fans were actively against Rocky. That's why the heel turn was a good idea and why it worked. The fans don't hate Reigns. They just don't love him as much as they should if he's to be the #1 guy. Also, Reigns spent a year and a half as a heel to start his career. Rocky didn't. It wouldn't make sense on any level to turn Reigns right now unless the crowd started turning actively against him. I don't understand the Rocky-Reigns comparisons other than the fact that they are related really.

jred2k

Frugal Daniel Bryan is pretty funny. He And Tyson should form a tag team that are constantly disappointed in their wives.

¡HarlequinPanic!;135079198 said:
183zeFG.jpg

every time I look at this page and scroll past this I laugh.

A lot

Look at that, he's just so dead inside. I bet you Brie bought it for him cause he doesn't wanna cut the hair cause Bryan so sad that he can't play fight no moh :(

I'd be sad too.

Fuck, I'm sad right now just thinking about it.

:(

I've seen the posts about the fedora or whatever. I don't understand the overreaction to it.

It's a lame hat that doesn't suit him.

What else is there to say?

This is far more interesting:

tumblr_ndq2ljDjCV1saykaxo1_400.gif

tumblr_ndq2ljDjCV1saykaxo3_r1_400.gif

I've seen the posts about the fedora or whatever. I don't understand the overreaction to it.

It's a lame hat that doesn't suit him.

What else is there to say?

And nothing worse than a poorly dressed suit in a wrestler, ain't that right John boy?

John+Cena+Suits+Men+s+Suit+9q6jxr1Ujw_l.jpg

Let's all lighten up right now. Like Mojo right here.

tT8mrn1.gif

EDIT: Fuckin Tiity Master...

Hasney

Maybe there should be an episode of Total Divas where Bryan and Cena swap dress sense.... And Bellas, to hilarious results.

Bootaaay, since you're the only American I can trust in this thread, I have a hypothetical for you. How would you book John Cena's retirement match? And I don't mean some hokey "hurr hurr cena sucks let's job him out" match like some of the others would book. I'm talking something that can actually be enjoyed. And you can even include the buildup, too.

Can you do it? Or are you too much of a Young Buck to rise to the challenge?

Bootaaay, since you're the only American I can trust in this thread, I have a hypothetical for you. How would you book John Cena's retirement match? And I don't mean some hokey "hurr hurr cena sucks let's job him out" match like some of the others would book. I'm talking something that can actually be enjoyed. And you can even include the buildup, too.

It'd have to come off the back of a real year of hardship, not like the one that's just been, but some real good story telling where he's lost his powers. Maybe at the start of the cycle he suffers a surprising defeat to some rookie, or a nemesis that really throws him off his game.

He keeps suffering defeats, or only just winning. Maybe he finds himself almost resorting to cheating to trying to win, skirting the lines of going heel. You know really questioning his whole Character (as I can't see it ever changing even 20 years in the future).
So the year is him questioning himself, his character and his ability to the point where he announces his retirement. They can book the PPV and bill it as John Cena's retirement match/last ever in-ring appearance or whatever. I guess at this point he'll not be top top billing, but have Hulk Hogan aura around him so will still have some draw. Besides, it's his retirement match.

Not entirely sure if his retirement match will be against the person that initially defeated him or not, actually yes it will. It will be against the person that initially defeated him. That person will be riding high the fact that they defeated John Cena and sucked the life out of him. They fight again, Cena struggles in the match, does the whole 'win by cheating moral dilemma' face thing.

Wait... ffs this has been booked 100 times already. Dammit.

First of all, I'd re-use his 'ruthless aggression' debut on some NXT rookie and coming so close to defeat would legit shake John Cena - even though he sensed his time was nearly up, Cena would be determined to gain one final run with the title. He'd make his intentions known and head to the Royal Rumble full of hope, only to be eliminated by the very same rookie who almost beat Cena a few months earlier. Cena would go into a rage, dragging the kid out of the ring (through the bottom ropes) and beating him all around the arena. Cena leaves the kid a bloody mess and looks at himself with a "what have I done?" sort of disbelief, before sadly retreating to the back, his WrestleMania dreams done with. The kid would be stretchered off, only to return to the ring during the final 3 and win the royal rumble! Mania rolls around and John Cena's on the pre-show, with no title match and no chance for redemption. In the main event, the kid (just a few months after his main roster debut) prepares for his biggest match yet, only for Cena to interfere and cost him his shot! A bitter Cena, full of rage and desperate to protect his spot, turns heel for the first time in his career and, in doing so, actually manages to win the title. The feud would escalate over the next year, with the champion Cena being dogged by the young upstart until, finally, Cena agrees to a title match at WrestleMania with careers on the line. Cena loses and it's as if something breaks inside of him. He breaks down with emotion, realising his time in finally up, before putting the belt around the waist of the new champion and raising his hand. He sadly walks up the ramp, with one last rueful glance to the ring and the new champion, before disappearing behind the curtain. The next night on RAW, however, during the new champion's celebrations, he calls out Cena to the ring and puts him over, thanking him for all he's done, getting the crowd to chant his name and giving him the send-off he deserves. The end.

Bootaay is not American.

Hey, I'm as American as apple pie!
A dish that's been served in Europe for hundreds of years before the USA was even a thing

bjork

I'm probably going to watch Summerslam '95 tomorrow, and the card doesn't look very good.

Mabel vs Diesel should be something else.

Wanting to know that match's results is what made me get on the internet for the first time. It's all been downhill ever since!

Jamie OD

If I could suggest an idea, I'd just repeat the Flair retirement angle almost to a tee. A situation where Cena is old but also the living legend (so I guess this is in about 10-15 years time), fans always react to him more than the majority of the roster even though he's no longer main eventing, put in a situation where his next defeat will end his career. Wrestles another big star who he is close with at Mania, fights his heart out to the bitter end and the finish comes with some sort of "I'm sorry, I love you" moment.

Aiii

So not worth it
Natalya is dragging Tyson Kidd to a divorce attorney in hopes that "maybe some extreme measures is gonna make TJ change his mind and wanna work on us."

Yep, that's a smart idea. Totally not gonna backfire with you ending up divorced from TJ.

This is the best show.

Top Bottom