• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

Mengetsu

Cat Is Jericho made me chuckle...

Don't forget Hijo del Billy Gunn! XD

New Paige:

paige-1.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm under the impression Jun Kasai isn't a real person. It's one thing to 'tough guy' shrug off some of the insane shit you do in deathmatches, but half of that stuff doesn't look like he even notices it. It's not like Mr Danger or Onita where I just think they're crazy to keep doing this. I don't think Kasai exists in this world.

When he dives off the balcony(which he does multiple times) he holds his leg. It looks like he really fucked up and hit it hard. Then 5 minutes into the match, he's just like 'whatever' about it.

I'm pretty sure Jun Kasai is crazy.

I remember back in 2011 when he came down for Best of the Best, and he did two of the craziest deathmatches I've ever seen. In one day.

Ridiculous

DiscoJon

Banned
The funny thing about racism threads on GAF is that they are made and discussed mostly by white people that have never been discriminated against or seen any discrimination in their lifetime.

jred2k

Cloud Atlas wasn't so much offensive as silly-looking. But it was absolutely necessary for them to convey the point they were trying to make.

How do you know what the feelings are of everyone that has watched that movie. There might be a few who found it offensive so it's definitely racist.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm pretty sure Jun Kasai is crazy.

I remember back in 2011 when he came down for Best of the Best, and he did two of the craziest deathmatches I've ever seen. In one day.

Ridiculous

I've become a big fan of his recently. It just sucks that he's a star in the current world of deathmatch wrestling. The world where it, kind of similarly to a lot of modern indy wrestler, is just about getting as many pops in a match as possible. But he does do a good job of building up suspense like in the barefoot thumbtack match.

But it's not like FMW back in the day where you see Pogo and Onita and you want to see them fight in their insane deathmatch because they've built up this feud, and you're just like FUCK IT I WANT TO SEE THEM KILL EACH OTHER! LIKE ACTUALLY COMMIT MURDER WITH THAT SICKLE The only thing close to that was Jun Kasai vs Ryuji Ito since they're two of the most over deathmatch wrestlers, but there was no interesting, heated rivalry. There was no part like Onita had with backstage segments and interviews. It's just 'come out, Kasai is over, match, done'

How do you know what the feelings are of everyone that has watched that movie. There might be a few who found it offensive so it's definitely racist.

Because I'm really Jesus!

I've become a big fan of his recently. It just sucks that he's a star in the current world of deathmatch wrestling. The world where it, kind of similarly to a lot of modern indy wrestler, is just about getting as many pops in a match as possible. But he does do a good job of building up suspense like in the barefoot thumbtack match.

But it's not like FMW back in the day where you see Pogo and Onita and you want to see them fight in their insane deathmatch because they've built up this feud, and you're just like FUCK IT I WANT TO SEE THEM KILL EACH OTHER! LIKE ACTUALLY COMMIT MURDER WITH THAT SICKLE The only thing close to that was Jun Kasai vs Ryuji Ito since they're two of the most over deathmatch wrestlers, but there was no interesting, heated rivalry. There was no part like Onita had with backstage segments and interviews. It's just 'come out, Kasai is over, match, done'

Yeah, if Kasai was big in the 90's, it'd be crazy. I'm -really- not a big fan of Ito. Dude never wants to put anyone over, ever. I remember when he came down for the ladder match with MASADA and was supposed to put him over, but it got changed so they just grabbed their own belts instead.

Generally I hate the gusset plate gimmick in deathmatches, because everyone's too scared to properly bump on them - but not Jun Kasai. His back and forehead were cut to ribbons after that match with Masada in CZW - there was so much blood Kasai actually slipped out of Masada's grip when he went to powerbomb him for the finish. Basically, Jun Kasai's a madman. And how he wasn't crippled from Zandig throwing him off a truck, I'll never know;

ijWYne1J4a1rm.gif

Finished night 1 of BOLA 2014

- Does Candice LeRae's war crate consist of nothing but hurricanranas?
- Zack Sabre Jr. is TMF
- Elgin vs Champa felt way too long and sloppy
- Favorite match of the night was prolly Gulac vs O'Reilly
- Main event was stupid fun
- Need to see more of Busick in PWG
- 2014 is the year of the ARMBAR~

Generally I hate the gusset plate gimmick in deathmatches, because everyone's too scared to properly bump on them - but not Jun Kasai. His back and forehead were cut to ribbons after that match with Masada in CZW - there was so much blood Kasai actually slipped out of Masada's grip when he went to powerbomb him for the finish. Basically, Jun Kasai's a madman. And how he wasn't crippled from Zandig throwing him off a truck, I'll never know;

ijWYne1J4a1rm.gif

Damn that made me jump

jred2k

- Zack Sabre Jr. is TMF
- 2014 is the year of the ARMBAR~

Don't forget a spinning DDT.

She's also added the Gargano Escape to her war crate, now that they're an item. I didn't know wrestling moves could be transmitted like STDs.

It didn't warrant the near-fall wankery they got into towards the end. I mentally checked out when Elgin kicked out of Project Ciampa. I did like that he actually hit the top-rope tumbleweed for once, though.

I liked that match a lot in the outset, but once they got to the strikes and fighting spirit stuff I kinda felt like they were playing at being Shibata.

When it comes to crazy-ass multi man tag matches there's Dragon Gate and PWG, no one else comes close.

Yeah, I really enjoyed that match. TJP vs Fish was a great opener, as well.

That goddamn match at WrestleCon was some fucked up stuff. So was the first one at New Heights with MASADA vs Havoc; good god. People flipped out at that.

She's like Sin Cara!

She's also added the Gargano Escape to her war crate, now that they're an item. I didn't know wrestling moves could be transmitted like STDs.

Maybe it's just submission finishers! Brie did it too!

strobogo

Banned
I wonder how those dudes live their normal day to day lives. Imagine the 90s death match guys in another 10 years when they're like Terry Funk but with 7000 more scars and broken bones.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah, there's a lot of people there who don't read past page 3.

The only thing that really irks me at all about that 20GB patch is how can a video game "go gold" when a third of it isn't even finished.

Get ready to stop gaming this generation if that irks you because that's going to be the norm going forward. Several games have already done it. The only good thing about it is that reviewers will judge the launch title rather than what the game is a month down the line.

Yeah, there's a lot of people there who don't read past page 3.

The only thing that really irks me at all about that 20GB patch is how can a video game "go gold" when a third of it isn't even finished.

That Vin guy is a colossal ass. Crying about how people aren't giving them a fair shake while jumping down the throat of anyone who dares to complain about this while ignoring 'the massive amount of content!'. Just a mess.

They're clearly rushing it and don't give a fuck about people with shitty internet, again. It's straight garbage.

Sephzilla

They're clearly rushing it and don't give a fuck about people with shitty internet, again. It's straight garbage.

This is the one thing that really irks me. The 20GB patch is for most of the fucking multiplayer content, which is the stuff that long term is going to get the most use. The fact that the game was apparently allowed to go gold when maybe the most important part of the game wasn't finished yet kinda worries me.

I'm still going to get the game and all that, because it will most likely be perfectly fine, but that gave me a Battlefield 4 kind of chill.

This is the one thing that really irks me. The 20GB patch is for most of the fucking multiplayer content, which is the stuff that long term is going to get the most use. The fact that the game was apparently allowed to go gold when maybe the most important part of the game wasn't finished yet kinda worries me.

I'm still going to get the game and all that, because it will most likely be perfectly fine, but that gave me a Battlefield 4 kind of chill.

It's some garbage, and the shit Frankie is spewing about not doing an install disc is fucking hilarious. They're not going to do anything about it, he's just paying lip service and getting praised for it for some reason.

And then there's the fucking people going 'if this takes a while for you to download, you shouldn't be playing multiplayer!'

Top Bottom