• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

Sephzilla

It's some garbage, and the shit Frankie is spewing about not doing an install disc is fucking hilarious. They're not going to do anything about it, he's just paying lip service and getting praised for it for some reason.

And then there's the fucking people going 'if this takes a while for you to download, you shouldn't be playing multiplayer!'

I like how Frankie has pretty much vanished from GAF since the 20GB thing happened (it's probably not entirely just because of how that was received, he's probably doing launch window crunching now too).

The people who say shit like 'if this takes a while for you to download, you shouldn't be playing multiplayer!' aren't even worth responding to. They're too stupid to realize that multiplayer gaming actually doesn't require that fast of an internet to work fine.

I like how Frankie has pretty much vanished from GAF since the 20GB thing happened (it's probably not entirely just because of how that was received, he's probably doing launch window crunching now too).

The people who say shit like 'if this takes a while for you to download, you shouldn't be playing multiplayer!' aren't even worth responding to. They're too stupid to realize that multiplayer gaming actually doesn't require that fast of an internet to work fine.

Whatever, he reaps what he sows. He was pissed at cboat for leaking the name of Halo 5 the day before, then this shit. Everything Halo-related I'll just ignore him on.

And those goddamn people made me want to moonsault into a volcano

I download all my games digitally as I am not a poor.

That 50 gb GTA V download will be fun.

Mordor took me a full day, and that was 20. I gameshare, so I'll take the price drop for the inconvenience, but if I was on my own...physical all day err day

strobogo

Banned
The peecee tradition of throwing shit out unfinished and patching it later coming to consoles has been a terrible blight. Now, console games use that same mind set to hold shit back from games just to sell it to. Like the moves packs in WWE games. Shit that is clearly done before the game comes out and has no reason not to be in it. It's the same mind set as "Sell a 70% finished game and fix it later", but with added commerce.

Raw64life

Halo fanboys are a special bunch. They were also trying to say in another thread that the Halo compilation is like playing an entirely new game because it's "so much content" and "they put a lot of work into it". It's a compilation game. A bunch of old games remastered. It's not a new game.

A 20GB day one patch is absolutely shitty, and it sucks that more people are likely to follow suit. A game going gold doesn't mean shit these days.

Sephzilla

The 20 GB patch should only take me an hour or two to do, especially if it's at midnight on a tuesday when nobody else is choking up my internet. But that's an hour or two of gaming I should be doing.

Halo fanboys are a special bunch

I'm not a huge big fan of the HaloGAF community to be perfectly honest. The people there who do the most talking are enclosed and elitist as fuck compared to WrassleGAF. If you even remotely hint that the pistol in Halo 1 wasn't an overpowered weapon they treat you like a leper. You guys are so the superior GAF. I'd give you guys "the rub".

I'd like Dean Ambrose to throw my bachelor party. Just hire a bunch of strippers we can motorboat while they sing the CZW theme

Not Ambrose enough. Take those strippers to play artillery dodgeball. Fist fight some wolves. Paint a stranger's house using a water cannon. Start an oil fire in an industrial area and use it to smoke meat.

The 20 GB patch should only take me an hour or two to do, especially if it's at midnight on a tuesday when nobody else is choking up my internet. But that's an hour or two of gaming I should be doing.

I'm not a huge big fan of the HaloGAF community to be perfectly honest. The people there who do the most talking are enclosed and elitist as fuck compared to WrassleGAF. If you even remotely hint that the pistol in Halo 1 wasn't an overpowered weapon they treat you like a leper. You guys are so the superior GAF. I'd give you guys "the rub".

suzuki-kick.gif

I know nothing of Halo.

The peecee tradition of throwing shit out unfinished and patching it later coming to consoles has been a terrible blight. Now, console games use that same mind set to hold shit back from games just to sell it to. Like the moves packs in WWE games. Shit that is clearly done before the game comes out and has no reason not to be in it. It's the same mind set as "Sell a 70% finished game and fix it later", but with added commerce.

The 2K15 season pass doesn't even grant you all the access to the DLC.

20 gb update for halo is indeed a bummer but whatevs I'm just going to have it install overnight and while at work~ Hate to sound high and mighty about it but I try to leave my being outraged for other people for things that really matter like cism

As you said seph its something you will use long term, so does that make it a big deal in the grand scheme that you had to go through a hefty and awful download at the start. Meh~

Sephzilla

¡HarlequinPanic!;135140413 said:
As you said seph its something you will use long term, so does that make it a big deal in the grand scheme that you had to go through a hefty and awful download at the start. Meh~

It's also going to be a bit of a boon for LAN parties and maybe tournaments as well.

I really love Portland Wrestling - their show had such a great tone to it, gritty and action packed with a ton of colourful characters, much like southern wraslin', but with a more DIY feel. Also, loved the format of the show, with advert breaks between the falls of 2/3 falls matches and Frank Bonnema taking the chance to interview the wrestlers before they got called back to the ring. The sponsor doing live adverts in the arena, set up behind the crowd with TV sets and washing machines and Dutch Savage running through the house show cards for the upcoming week. Great stuff. Also, Jay Youngblood was awesome. Dude should have been a star, such a shame he died so early.

Two indie guys on the end of the spectrum. Really feel for Chirs Hero, don't want to see him go out like this. Lost two recent championship matches and you can just see the depression on his face, as well as the weight gain. So sad. Michael Elgin, I got no sympy for this delusional brah. He has the look of someone who doesn't know he has overachieved and peaked. Such hubris from him. He needs to be humble.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I really love Portland Wrestling - their show had such a great tone to it, gritty and action packed with a ton of colourful characters, much like southern wraslin', but with a more DIY feel. Also, loved the format of the show, with advert breaks between the falls of 2/3 falls matches and Frank Bonnema taking the chance to interview the wrestlers before they got called back to the ring. The sponsor doing live adverts in the arena, set up behind the crowd with TV sets and washing machines and Dutch Savage running through the house show cards for the upcoming week. Great stuff. Also, Jay Youngblood was awesome. Dude should have been a star, such a shame he died so early.

That's really cool. About how much Portland would you say is out there compared to what you have? I like all the different territories' ways of being a little unique, like you said, the interviews between the 2/3 falls matches and more.

That's really cool. About how much Portland would you say is out there compared to what you have? I like all the different territories' ways of being a little unique, like you said, the interviews between the 2/3 falls matches and more.

I don't think there's much more out there than what I've got - the set's called 'The Buddy Rose tapes' because he recorded them off TV himself, but he only started in September 1980. There's very little 70's footage of Portland out there, which is a real shame, as it includes a lot of early Piper.

*edit, I like how a lot of indies can't figure out how to record mic audio as well as broadcast it to the crowd, but in Portland they just taped two mics together.

Hasney

I'd almost accept the moves pack if it was actually new moves. But no, half the time it's ones taken from older Smackdown games.

njean777

I agree, not even a month ago I had 10mb DSL (now I have 120mb cable) and I am still angry at 343 for pulling that shit. 20gb day one patch is fucking embarrassing and should never be allowed. I now buy all my games digitally, but I do feel bad for anybody with crappy internet and caps because I dealt with crappy internet for 5 years and I know how shitty it can be.

Just finished Jericho's third book. It's okay. A lot more wrestling than his last book. His jokes are terrible though.

The one takeaway is that Santino is amazing. He needs to write a book.

strobogo

Banned
The Bhagavad Gita is pretty dope, although it really started to lose me towards the end with the 3 gunas stuff over and over. It felt very tacked on.

Here are some dope passages I liked:

This is eternal, all pervading, fixed; this is unmoving and primaeval.

For the born, death is certain; For the dead there is certainly birth. Therefore, for this inevitable in consequence, thou shouldst not mourn.

The insights of the irresolute have many branches are are, indeed, endless.

Action prompted by greed, desire for wealth, desire for power, or desire for fame is not advised. Abandon attachments.

And when he withdraws completely the senses from the objects of the senses, as a tortoise its limbs into its shell, his wisdom stands firm.

For a man dwelling on the objects of the senses, an attachment to them is born. From attachment, desire is born. From desire, anger is born, from anger arises delusion, from delusion, wandering of the memory, from memory wandering, destruction of the intelligence, from destruction of the intelligence one is last. With the elimination of desire and hatred, even though engaging the objects of the senses, he who is susceptible of control by the self, by self restraint, attains tranquility.

And in him who does not concentrate, there is no peace. Whence can come happiness to him who is not peaceful?

As fire is obscured by smoke, and similarly a mirror by dust, as the embryo is enveloped by the membrane, so is the intelligence is obscured by passion.

As the kindled fire reduces firewood to ashes, Arjuna, so too the fire of knowledge reduces all actions to ashes.

As a lamp in a windless place does not flicker, so the simile is recorded of the yogin in controlled thought, performing the yoga on the self.

On me this universe is strung like pearls on a thread.

I am the liquidity in the waters, the radiance in the moon and sun, the sacred syllable in all the Vedas, the sound in the air, the manhood in men. The pure fragrance in the earth. The brilliance in the sun. The life in all beings. The austerity in ascetics. The intelligence of the intelligent. The splendor of the splendid. The might of the mighty.

Intelligence, knowledge, freedom from delusion, patience, veracity, self restraint, tranquility, pleasure, pain, becoming, passing away, and fear and fearlessness, non-violence, impartiality, contentment, austerity, charity, fame, disrepute, the manifold conditions of beings, arise from me alone.

I, who dwell within their own beings destroy the darkness born of ignorance with the shining lamp of knowledge.

Behold now the entire universe with everything moving and not moving, here standing together in my body.

Of many mouths and eyes, of many wondrous aspects, of many divine ornaments, of many uplifted divine weapons, wearing divine garlands and garments, with divine perfumes and ointments, made up of all marvels, the god, endless, facing in all directions.

If there should be in the sky a thousand suns risen all at once, such splendor would be of the splendor of that Great Being.

With many arms, bellies, faces, eyes, I see thee everywhere, infinite in form; not the end nor the middle, nor yet the begging of Thee I see, o Lord of All, whose form is the universe.

With innumerable arms, moon and sun eyed, I see thee with they blazing, oblation-eating mouth, burning all this universe with Thine own radiance.

Sky touching, blazing, many colored, gaping mouthed, with enormous fiery eyes.

He who sees the Supreme Lord, existing alike in all beings, not perishing when they perish, truly sees.

For Me great Brahman is the womb. In it I place the see. The origin of all beings exists from that.

For I am the foundation of Brahman, of the Immortal and the Imperishable, and of everlasting virtue, and of absolute bliss.

Man is made of faith. Whatever faith he has, thus he is.

itaZlIdEeintx.gif

Books 10 and 11 were my favorite. Those are the ones in which Krishna (avatar of Visnhu) reveals his true form to Arjuna. It's magical. Reading this right after reading the Koran is like...y'all in the Middle East got your shit wrong. You 3 can take your books and your vengeful god and fear and STICK IT, brothers. Although, Hinduism is kind of a downer, too. Being born at all is a punishment or misfortune. In order to attain nirvana and get back to the creator spirit, you have to give up the pleasures and enjoyments of human life. But once you get back to Brahman, it's the greatest. So...idk. The general principles of Hinduism seem pretty solid and rad. When you get down into specifics, it doesn't seem as cool.

Also, there is a giant mushroom growing at the base of a tree/bush stump in my yard. It would be a most incredible coincidence if it was to be a psilocybin mushroom. After 2 years of wanting to do it again and immediately after finishing the Bhagavad Gita? Seems too good to be true. I have to check it out, though.

DMczaf

Tonight at 8/7 CT
CENA AND AMBROSE UNITED?
As the Hell in a Cell structure hangs ominously over the ring, John Cena and Dean Ambrose will join forces to battle Seth Rollins, Randy Orton and Kane in a 2-on-3 Handicap Street Fight on Raw. What else can we expect just six nights before Hell in a Cell’s explosive double main event? WWE.com has some ideas.

Stop fucking uniting Cena and Ambrose, god damn it! Ambrose loses cool points at a geometric rate the longer he's associated with this fucker.

Sephzilla

I know we rag on Cena a lot but he really has been an absolute cancer to the Ambrose/Rollins storyline. Any time it's strictly Ambrose and Rollins everything is red hot again, but once APPLEDOUGH gets back onto the screen it feels like someone farted in church.

I'm honestly glad that Cena is going up against Orton in HIAC. I at least know what my bathroom break matchup is.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
One positive thing about GamersGate? It pretty much boosted wrasslin fans up highly by comparison.

So now it's like everything>wrasslin>gamers>anime

Sephzilla

The one thing that bugs me is that there have been some good points raised about the ethics of gaming journalism (GamerGate bullshit aside, gaming journalism is dirty as all fuck). Too bad that's going to get swept aside because GamerGate is mostly fueled by hate.

DMczaf

The one thing that bugs me is that there have been some good points raised about the ethics of gaming journalism (GamerGate bullshit aside, gaming journalism is dirty as all fuck). Too bad that's going to get swept aside because GamerGate is mostly fueled by hate.

Those writers and editors must be thanking whatever deity or company they pray to because of these morons overshadowing how shitty "gaming journalism" actually is.

I'm so looking forward to JBL screaming about how untrustworthy Ambrose will be as a partner, or Michael Cole saying how Cena and Ambrose worked well tonight but it will be a different story next time

tm24

Oh man, Prince Puma/Richochet vs Fenix is one of the matches for Lucha Underground? Holy shit that's gonna be amazing. And they're teasing Puma vs Pentagon Jr? Oh man oh man oh man

Loved the finish to this fall - Buddy beat Youngblood with the spinning backbreaker the previous week, but when he goes for it this time Jay's ready and counters with a Japanese leg clutch roll;

ColossalShamefulAmphiuma.gif

Also, Buddy could move pretty damn fast for a guy his size. Loved this line, as well; "Fine, I'll wrestle you Jay Youngblood, but after I win I'm not defending this title no more! I'll pitch it into the river!".

Patryn

Stop fucking uniting Cena and Ambrose, god damn it! Ambrose loses cool points at a geometric rate the longer he's associated with this fucker.

Cena is a heat vampire. He's going to suck all of Ambrose's heat and leave him a dead husk, as he has with many.

I know this question has been asked before, but has anyone ever benefited long term from being teamed up with Cena?

Hasney

One positive thing about GamersGate? It pretty much boosted wrasslin fans up highly by comparison.

So now it's like everything>wrasslin>gamers>anime

COMICS is still in OT while we're here like a bunch of fucking ghouls. Fuck this #CarnyGate

The whole thing started with hate trying to use it as a cloak for the harrasment anyway. There's so many chatlogs showing this now.

You might as well remove the word gaming before journalism. Why don't we go after the journalists that cover the actual news that matters? If this is so bad to happen to gaming media, can't we collectively direct all our ire towards news reporting in general? I mean, the shit that goes on because sources are anonymous and unaccountable is incredible.

There have been outright lies posted off the word of police sources due to the fact that they both need each other to operate. I'm sorry if I fail to give a shit about some persons game getting some skewed promotion because she slept with someone when nobody seems to really care about both print media for the things that matter and the utter shitness of the 24 hour news cycle.

RP912

Banned
Cena is a heat vampire. He's going to suck all of Ambrose's heat and leave him a dead husk, as he has with many.

I know this question has been asked before, but has anyone ever benefited long term from being teamed up with Cena?

Shawn Michaels?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
COMICS is still in OT while we're here like a bunch of fucking ghouls. Fuck this #CarnyGate

Comic-based threads also get live, regular mod updates when new information comes in.

Sorry, but they're the teacher's pet round here no matter how dorky cape shit is when you actually look at it. Cape shit is like medieval fantasy levels of dorky.

Top Bottom