• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

Second interview for the new job done.

We shall see. They had me take some personality test that they put a ton of weight on for hiring, so I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the FBI called on me

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

WCW HOG WILD 1996

• Rey Mysterio Jr vs Ultimate Dragon WCW Cruiserweight Championship
  • Scott Norton vs Ice Train
  • Madusa vs Bull Nakano Battle of the Bikes
  • That Motherfucker Dean Malenko vs Chris Benoit
  • Harlem Heat vs Steiner Brothers WCW Tag Team Championships
  • Eddie Guerrero vs Ric Flair WCW US Championship
  • The Outsiders vs Sting/Lex Luger
  • Hollywood Hogan vs The Giant WCW Championship

A show that probably could have been a classic WCW PPV had it been in an arena that had actual wrestling fans on hand to watch it. Instead, everything that seems like it'd be rad fell flat because the bikers didn't care about anything except really hating Harlem Heat. They were far and away the biggest heels of the night, for all of the wrong reasons, since the Steiners were actually cheating the whole match and HH didn't cheat at all until the finish. So it wasn't hating on them for being heels. Brain was clearly drinking heavily during the show and by the time the main event came around, he could barely speak. And the main event itself was as ridiculous as Starrcade 1997.

Hulk hadn't wrestled since March. Giant had been the most dominant dude in the world since March. No one could stop him or even come that close. So of course Hulk dominates Giant for almost the entire match. Out wrestles him and over powers him. Multiple times he is able to knock Giant to the mat with one arm. He spends a good 2-4 minutes with Giant on his knees after winning a test of strength. And then when he hits Giant with the title, Giant stays down on the mat for the next 10 minutes without moving.

DMczaf

Second interview for the new job done.

We shall see. They had me take some personality test that they put a ton of weight on for hiring, so I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the FBI called on me

We can do a background check interview for you.

Alucard

Banned
DDP swears like a sailor on the latest Colt Cabana podcast. Some pretty good stories, as well as some you've heard before if you've listened to other DDP interviews. (ex. How him and Savage decided on the end of their Spring Stampede match)

DDP swears like a sailor on the latest Colt Cabana podcast. Some pretty good stories, as well as some you've heard before if you've listened to other DDP interviews. (ex. How him and Savage decided on the end of their Spring Stampede match)

Foley's description of DDP as a man who couldn't describe a puppy without 7 expletives is pretty accurate then.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hog Wild is a great show, a shame about that crowd.

Zach

Guys, who the h is responsible for that amazing Nitro intro? You know, just the standard Nitro intro? Am I weird for wanting to know the creation process for that?

A show that probably could have been a classic WCW PPV had it been in an arena that had actual wrestling fans on hand to watch it. Instead, everything that seems like it'd be rad fell flat because the bikers didn't care about anything except really hating Harlem Heat. They were far and away the biggest heels of the night, for all of the wrong reasons, since the Steiners were actually cheating the whole match and HH didn't cheat at all until the finish. So it wasn't hating on them for being heels.

With the skin tone of the entire crowd being what it was, I'm not surprised

“Hey, let’s do a show in front of 5000 hardcore redneck and possibly skinhead bikers and then put the black guys over! WE’LL MAKE MILLIONS!”

RBH

Meltzer:

The SummerSlam PPV numbers tell a story, and it’s a confusing one. The show, headlined by John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar for the WWE title, did 63,000 domestic buys and 116,000 overseas buys. For domestic buys, it’s more than double what Battleground did and the most for any show since WrestleMania. Being SummerSlam, it should have done the most. Money in the Bank did 53,000, so on a percentage basis, it was up 19% from Money in the Bank domestic. Last year SummerSlam was up 22% domestic from Money in the Bank. But the difference could be more people switching to the WWE Network.

The 116,000 overseas buys is shocking, because the WWE Network debuted in more than 170 countries, but not the big ones, including the U.K., and much of Canada. But it did include Australia, New Zealand and Mexico. The 116,000 compared to 125,000 the year before with no network for the John Cena vs. Daniel Bryan main event, and 96,000 (I believe this didn’t include the U.K.) the year before on a show with Lesnar vs. HHH.

A lot of the younger talent in TNA are feeling mentally checked out. With no shows planned (since few are on Bound for Glory) until 1/7 at the earliest, there’s unhappiness. All are trying to get indie dates. With the exception of Eddie Edwards and maybe Samoa Joe, there doesn’t appear to be much interest in anyone from the ROH front. A lot of talent has contacted Jarrett, but given it was December when Jarrett left and we’re in October and really nothing has happened past some press releases, most don’t take GFW as an option until they hear about signing of talent and a TV deal. There’s the feeling that the ones who are under the new contracts are getting maybe $1,000 per month as a base if not booked and that’s for a three month period minimum. While they can work wherever they want as long as it’s not on PPV or iPPV, they are still under contract and can’t make a deal with a Japan group, ROH or WWE during this period.

Given the payoffs for the first PPVs after WrestleMania with the new formula are in (Extreme Rules and King of the Ring), the payoffs were described to me as “really bad,” which says that talent is getting paid based on PPV revenue and getting nothing extra from all the PPV revenue that has been eliminated based on starting the network. There are a few people who are being taken care of and a few who have deals in place that guard against this happening to them, but rank and file, that’s not the case.

It’s expected that Kevin Steen will be getting his name change shortly and then debuting.

There is at least talk of putting Rusev in a program with Sheamus for the U.S. title after the Show program runs its course with the idea that Rusev would win and they’d brag about him being U.S. champion.

RP912

Banned
I really enjoyed Hog Wild but severely fuck that main event and evening. Giant sold a title shot to the face like death and the crowd was horrible.

Going out on a limb here but I predict that a lot of people in this thread will think that Steen's new name will be worse than 'Kevin Steen'.

gurudyne

but it's actually a work that jabronies work themselves into a shoot goodnight marks

Going out on a limb here but I predict that a lot of people in this thread will think that Steen's new name will be worse than 'Kevin Steen'.

Devin Bean
Evan Keane
Seven Teen
Ricky 'The Steenboat' Dragonson

RP912

Banned
I miss outdoor wrasslin shows. Something about the atmosphere and the wholesomeness of watching a event near a pizza joint.

Sabucin

There is at least talk of putting Rusev in a program with Sheamus for the U.S. title after the Show program runs its course with the idea that Rusev would win and they’d brag about him being U.S. champion.

Rusev should win the US championship at Wrestlemania and inmediately after that he should drop the title on the garbage and renamed it Russian championship. The heat would be glorious.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
They've been teasing an Orton face turn for a minute now. So I'm not surprised, but it's still dumb because he works so much better as a heel.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Mall of America Nitro was sweet too.

And remember when AWA was in a 'secure facility' to prevent interference? AKA a TNA crowd

Alucard

Banned
That Coleman/Lethal match was really fun to watch.

For sure. Loved the heart punch spot and Lethal only selling it half a minute later. And Coleman's new entrance theme is really damn good.

Everyone should check out this week's ROH main event if you're into great athleticism and entertaining performances.

Top Bottom