• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

Coketruck

That's just trashy
Pool92594.jpg

8w6W2.jpg

That's classy.

I went to two of the Club LA Vela Nitros, as well as the last one that was actually out on the beach proper (grew up 45 minutes away from Panama City Beach). Good stuff.

So Impact this week did 1.097 million viewers this week.

Which... is a better number than last week. Except, all throughout the show, all anyone did was tune out.

Anth0ny

Meltzer said Orton still gets the fucking babyface pop at every house show he goes to. Little Jimmies love him.

It's time for him to BE THE VIPER ONCE AGAIN.

Alucard

Banned
I heard about it. I'm going to give it a go.

Speaking of outside events....I wonder if there's a promotion that'll have the balls to do an event on top of a building tho :p

If you do watch Field of Honor, feel free to skip the Briscoe vs. Watanabe match, and the Michael Bennett match. The other 7 bouts make for a pretty tight show.

RP912

Banned
If you do watch Field of Honor, feel free to skip the Briscoe vs. Watanabe match, and the Michael Bennett match. The other 7 bouts make for a pretty tight show.

Ugh....I never heard of a skippable Briscoes match. I didn't know those words could make such a sentence.

Alucard

Banned
Ugh....I never heard of a skippable Briscoes match. I didn't know those words could make such a sentence.

Well, it's a singles match between Mark Briscoe and Watanabe. It's not bad, but it just didn't have much of a reason for happening. But if you just want to see a solid wrestling match, it'll still hit the spot.

PInk Tape

Banned
For sure. Loved the heart punch spot and Lethal only selling it half a minute later. And Coleman's new entrance theme is really damn good.

Same, It seemed like they were having fun out there the whole time. Probably has to be my favorite match of the night.

The 4 way on the other hand was meh and I liked what I saw from the tag team match.

Cagey

Banned
Wife surprised me with PS4 as an early birthday gift. What couple games does a shameless Square fanboy (my PS3 backlog is currently FFX2 and Lightning tha Goddess Returns) who doesn't like action games or online multi-player with randos need to own? Destiny, Shadow of Mordor (would I like this if I don't like god of war style games) ?

Alucard

Banned
Same, It seemed like they were having fun out there the whole time. Probably has to be my favorite match of the night.

The 4 way on the other hand was meh and I liked what I saw from the tag team match.

Yeah, the 4-way wasn't anything special, but I thought the tag match was a lot of fun. Monster Mafia have "it" in spades IMO.

Also, here's Lethal selling a one-inch heart punch from Caprice Coleman. Sorry about the size.

LethalHeartPunch.gif

I foresee many uses for this in the future.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
When was the last time anyone tapped to the figure four leglock in the WWE? Seems like WWE doesn't like when the wrestlers tap out to any submission move nowadays.

Alucard

Banned
When was the last time anyone tapped to the figure four leglock in the WWE? Seems like WWE doesn't like when the wrestlers tap out to any submission move nowadays.

The Miz had it for a while, but he didn't really sell it properly (or put it on properly a time or two), so I figure he gave up due to embarrassment.

Also, how do you guys think mental health care workers would feel watching the AJ and Paige storyline, and listening to the commentary?

"AIR CRAZY!"
"They're going to out-crazy each other!"

SoulPlaya

more money than God
The Miz had it for a while, but he didn't really sell it properly (or put it on properly a time or two), so I figure he gave up due to embarrassment.

Also, how do you guys think mental health care workers would feel watching the AJ and Paige storyline, and listening to the King's and Cole's commentary.
He still uses it, and he's honestly really improved how he slaps it on.

Alucard

Banned
Last time I remember someone tapping to Miz's figure four was at the Wrestlemania 29 pre-show.

That's how you put over a move, baby.

Btw, Bobby Lashley's spear has to be the best-protected move in wrestling this year. Either that, or Bryan's running knee.

Carnby, love me some Cake Wrecks action. Always good for a chuckle.

Alucard

Banned
In both companies, the spear is the most protected move.

Hard to disagree. All of Reigns' moves have been uber-protected this year.

Hell, even Jimmy Jacobs' spear is decently protected in ROH, and the guy has a pretty small stature, so the move barely makes sense for him.

njean777

They've been teasing an Orton face turn for a minute now. So I'm not surprised, but it's still dumb because he works so much better as a heel.

If he would actually try and give a shit he could pull it off. That is the worst part.

Wife surprised me with PS4 as an early birthday gift. What couple games does a shameless Square fanboy (my PS3 backlog is currently FFX2 and Lightning tha Goddess Returns) who doesn't like action games or online multi-player with randos need to own? Destiny, Shadow of Mordor (would I like this if I don't like god of war style games) ?

Umm if you like A Creed at all then Shadow Of Mordor is something you should check out. Diablo is great if you like RPGS and even playing with others you do not have to talk at all.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I can't believe Turning Point 2004 was trying to hype it as 'Macho Man's Return To The Ring' AND THEN HE DIDNT EVEN WRESTLE

Cagey

Banned
If he would actually try and give a shit he could pull it off. That is the worst part.

Umm if you like A Creed at all then Shadow Of Mordor is something you should check out. Diablo is great if you like RPGS and even playing with others you do not have to talk at all.
I did a five day marathon bender with three buddies when D3 launched on PC but I've not touched the game since September 2012. Are the expansion and patches since the early days that different?

I did a five day marathon bender with three buddies when D3 launched on PC but I've not touched the game since September 2012. Are the expansion and patches since the early days that different?
As someone who played in the early PC days and then got it on PS4. It's basically a different game.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've mentioned it before, but I'll do it again because it's been a few years since I've posted about it. If you ever want a good, informative shoot that isn't full of dirt stories and bashing, I highly recommend Captain Lou Albano shoot(from the early 2000s, I think. Maybe even 2000).

He covers a ton of topics that you don't get to hear much about these days due to a lot of that generation passed away. Which unfortunately Lou has by now has as well. But he talks about the old, old WWF days. He talks about the guys who used to run 'the office' which was like him, Gorilla, Vince, Patterson, and a few others instead of this insane mega machine that they now have. The most amazing part about this interview is Lou's memory. He can pull dates, wrestler weights, heights, gimmicks, etc on the spot with insane accuracy.

njean777

upon reflection them breaking up the shield was a terrible mistake

Well they could have made a huge angle between them and the Wyatts and maybe bringing in a new Nation. But at the same time we get to see more Ambrose now. IDK i think if they would actually notice that Ambrose is really the top guy from the shield then maybe just maybe he will be WWE champ sooner then either Rollins/Reigns.

Who am I kidding they will bury Ambrose with Cena.

strobogo

Banned
This is the first one I've seen posted that I've watched more than 30 seconds of. Is he my good friend JesseEwiak's brother, brother?

Omega

Banned
While on the topic of outdoor shows, I totally recommend ROH Field of Honor for this match and this spot alone...

TavenCage2.gif

you are the worst promoter ever lol

hey, check out this event for this spot. here's a gif of the spot so you don't have to check out the event

Top Bottom