• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

DMczaf

you are the worst promoter ever lol

hey, check out this event for this spot. here's a gif of the spot so you don't have to check out the event

31rV1kx.jpg

strobogo

Banned

hey, check out this event for this spot. here's a gif of the spot so you don't have to check out the event

He's also a bad promoter by virtue of over promoting. He's over saturated his market and now no one wants to listen to him anymore. It has reached DOWNLOAD THE APP and $9.99 levels in record time. Also of issue is that he spent such a long time repping a shitty brand with such voracity, and then jumps ship to a different brand with the same voracity. Young Alucard has much to learn about This Business.

I can't believe the nonsense being spouted off here. NeoGAF has a wonderful community, especially the Off-Topic board.

Anyway, it's time for a list. TW's top 5 Beautiful Ladies of Wrestling (B.L.O.W.) #bareback #teamnocondom

5) Stacy Keibler
4) Naomi
3) Trish Stratus
2)

1) Layla El

Honorable mention to the TNA lady shaking her booty in a gif. She possibly would have made the list if I knew her name.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Question: from all the ex-WWE wrestlers still competing, are there any (not named CM Punk or Albert Del Rio) that any of you'd want to see back in the WWE in any capacity (tag-team division, mid-card, main event, enhancement talent for NXT, etc.). If there are any I missed, feel free to mention them.

Here are several for a refresher, along with their ages:
Ted Dibiase Jr. (31), Davey Boy Smith Jr. (29), Matt Morgan (38), Chris Masters (31)
Carlito (35), Amazing Kong (37), John Morrison (34), Shelton Benjamin (39)
Drew McIntyre (29), Paul London (34), Brian Kendrick (35), Alex Koslov (30)
Doc Gallows (30), Colt Cabana (34), Vladimir Kozlov (35), Renee Dupree (30)

ex-WWE wrestlers in TNA: Kurt Angle (45), Jeff Hardy (37), Matt Hardy (40), Bobby Lashley (38), Bram (28), Gail Kim (37), Bully Ray (43), D-Von Dudley (42), MVP (40), Mr. Anderson (38), Ethan Carter III (31), Rhino (38)

If I could pick 5 for WWE to give another shot, I'd pick:
1. Kurt Angle (retirement run, should he pass physicals. Put over Rusev and Swagger or Cesaro)
2. Dudley Boyz (retirement run, give tag-team division short-length boost for 1 year or so. Bully may have 2-3 years left that he could give WWE)
3. Davey Boy Smith Jr. (reunite him with Tyson Kidd now that Kidd is on a roll in NXT and push them individually in the mid-card)
4. Jeff Hardy (Give him another shot to help sell tickets and keep main event fresh with new match-ups. He has another 3-4 years left, which could help put over talent like Ambrose, Ziggler, Rollins, Bryan. Let him bring Matt, if needed)
5. Shelton Benjamin (mid-card and enhancement talent for a few years, along with rumble and TLC spots)
*Special selection: Colt Cabana just to piss off CM Punk.

If not for any one of those wrestlers mentioned above, then which free agents should WWE be looking into in the near future? Adam Cole? Michael Elgin? Roderick Strong? Jay Lethal? Others?

Actually seeing Ethan Carter make it in the wwe would be something. Wish he would've stuck around. There's a lot of TNA talent I'd love to see in wwe. Too bad they'd probably be used like shit.

KES (Davey Boy Smith Jr. and Lance Archer) and Londrick so they can put on dope matches. But especially Brian Kendrick. He was gonna be a
multi-time
world champion, goddammit!

Rob Conway, for that theme. He can just job, I'll be okay with that.

Caspel

Aj Styles
Brian Cage
Scorpio Sky
Another vote for Shelton
Shaun Ricker
The Fallen Angel
Need some Willie Mack

Oh, right! Forgot Ricker was cut. What was the reasoning again? I wouldn't mind seeing Styles, Daniel, and Samoa Joe getting their chance in WWE.

For Ethan Carter, I saw him in developmental when I was working on the WWE games at THQ facing off against Dean Ambrose. Surprised he was cut so soon since he was entertaining when I was there. Richie Steamboat performed well, too, but I don't think he'll ever get another shot.

Oh, right! Forgot Ricker was cut. What was the reasoning again? I wouldn't mind seeing Styles, Daniel, and Samoa Joe getting their chance in WWE.

For Ethan Carter, I saw him in developmental when I was working on the WWE games at THQ facing off against Dean Ambrose. Surprised he was cut so soon since he was entertaining when I was there. Richie Steamboat performed well, too, but I don't think he'll ever get another shot.

He got a lil too impatient on Twitter. I'd like to see him back, yeah

and OLIVER GREY but i think i'm alone in that for some reason

Question: from all the ex-WWE wrestlers still competing, are there any (not named CM Punk or Albert Del Rio) that any of you'd want to see back in the WWE in any capacity (tag-team division, mid-card, main event, enhancement talent for NXT, etc.). If there are any I missed, feel free to mention them.

Here are several for a refresher, along with their ages:
Ted Dibiase Jr. (31), Davey Boy Smith Jr. (29), Matt Morgan (38), Chris Masters (31)
Carlito (35), Amazing Kong (37), John Morrison (34), Shelton Benjamin (39)
Drew McIntyre (29), Paul London (34), Brian Kendrick (35), Alex Koslov (30)
Doc Gallows (30), Colt Cabana (34), Vladimir Kozlov (35), Renee Dupree (30)

ex-WWE wrestlers in TNA: Kurt Angle (45), Jeff Hardy (37), Matt Hardy (40), Bobby Lashley (38), Bram (28), Gail Kim (37), Bully Ray (43), D-Von Dudley (42), MVP (40), Mr. Anderson (38), Ethan Carter III (31), Rhino (38)

If I could pick 5 for WWE to give another shot, I'd pick:
1. Kurt Angle (retirement run, should he pass physicals. Put over Rusev and Swagger or Cesaro)
2. Dudley Boyz (retirement run, give tag-team division short-length boost for 1 year or so. Bully may have 2-3 years left that he could give WWE)
3. Davey Boy Smith Jr. (reunite him with Tyson Kidd now that Kidd is on a roll in NXT and push them individually in the mid-card)
4. Jeff Hardy (Give him another shot to help sell tickets and keep main event fresh with new match-ups. He has another 3-4 years left, which could help put over talent like Ambrose, Ziggler, Rollins, Bryan. Let him bring Matt, if needed)
5. Shelton Benjamin (mid-card and enhancement talent for a few years, along with rumble and TLC spots)
*Special selection: Colt Cabana just to piss off CM Punk.

If not for any one of those wrestlers mentioned above, then which free agents should WWE be looking into in the near future? Adam Cole? Michael Elgin? Roderick Strong? Jay Lethal? Others?
Out of the ones you listed, none of them really. I don't think any of them bring anything that WWE doesn't already have right now.

Omega

Banned
i don't know why but I just watched a worst botches ever video.

i don't ever want to watch wrestling again. why the fuck did i watch this..

Caspel

Out of the ones you listed, none of them really. I don't think any of them bring anything that WWE doesn't already have right now.

Really? What about the ability to sell merch, headline and sell tickets, and all around put over talent and increase popularity for the brand? On top of that, WWE Network type material (Documentaries, enhancement talent for NXT wrestlers, trainers for NXT, etc.). I think several of the wrestlers above could help in areas rather than just "the ability to wrestle better than stars on the current roster."

ghostmind

NJPW news:

Kenny Omega is leaving DDT and has joined New Japan full time.
Kota Ibushi has signed a new 1 year deal with New Japan.

Caspel

For the Monday Night War series, is there a list of all the intended episodes? I assume there is going to be individual Rock and Goldberg episodes, and maybe Sting, Jericho, DDP or Undertaker, too.

strobogo

Banned
For the Monday Night War series, is there a list of all the intended episodes? I assume there is going to be individual Rock and Goldberg episodes, and maybe Sting, Jericho, DDP or Undertaker, too.

No. But if someone has a DVD out about them, expect that to be cut into an episode, since that's what 80% of the footage for each episode is taken from. Definitely expect one on Rock and Goldberg, probably one just about HHH, Big Show, Sting, probably a cruiser one that focuses mostly on Eddie/Jericho/Rey, maybe a Hardys vs EC vs Dudleys since they have a lot of talking head stuff from EC and the Hardys.

Alucard

Banned

There's other stuff too. I just thought people would appreciate that spot.

He's also a bad promoter by virtue of over promoting. He's over saturated his market and now no one wants to listen to him anymore. It has reached DOWNLOAD THE APP and $9.99 levels in record time. Also of issue is that he spent such a long time repping a shitty brand with such voracity, and then jumps ship to a different brand with the same voracity. Young Alucard has much to learn about This Business.

Gotta be passionate about something, stro. And I still watch TNA, but the writing's on the wall for them. ROH is pretty exciting right now, so I wanna promote them.

Am I better or worse than SoulPlaya at the peak of his Kane love posting?

strobogo

Banned
There's other stuff too. I just thought people would appreciate that spot.

Gotta be passionate about something, stro. And I still watch TNA, but the writing's on the wall for them. ROH is pretty exciting right now, so I wanna promote them.

Am I better or worse than SoulPlaya at the peak of his Kane love posting?

All we're saying is your promoter skills are still in their infancy and need some work. Maybe you could talk to BronsonLee, who is "in the business".

KES (Davey Boy Smith Jr. and Lance Archer) and Londrick so they can put on dope matches. But especially Brian Kendrick. He was gonna be a
multi-time
world champion, goddammit!

Rob Conway, for that theme. He can just job, I'll be okay with that.

Of course you would...Rob.

Alucard

Banned
All we're saying is your promoter skills are still in their infancy and need some work. Maybe you could talk to BronsonLee, who is "in the business".

I'll try to tone it down. I just get really enthusiastic.

BronsonLee, how do I do this properly?

Browny

Banned
You might want to start throwing some boots around too. Little or large, doesn't matter - it's about making an IMPACT.

Some promoters seem to believe that if a fan sees a bunch of GIFs from a show that they'll think "well, now I don't need to buy the show". It's always been the opposite for me and I'd argue that anyone who did think like that was probably never going to buy the show in the first place.

strobogo

Banned
Some promoters seem to believe that if a fan sees a bunch of GIFs from a show that they'll think "well, now I don't need to buy the show". It's always been the opposite for me and I'd argue that anyone who did think like that was probably never going to buy the show in the first place.

Man, you do NOT want to go to war with Ian Rotten.

It convinced me to watch PROGRESS.

super happy for Kenny Omega. Tremendous talent.

Normal Dragon Gate needs to Gerri heads out of the sand and out some shows on for sale somewhere or IVP needs to grow some balls.
He got a lil too impatient on Twitter. I'd like to see him back, yeah

and OLIVER GREY but i think i'm alone in that for some reason
Not the only one brah. Was hurting hard when he was dut. Has so much talent.

Lol, I actually got contacted by two separate promoters this week about over-GIFing their shows. I'm a marked man.

IT WAS ME BOOTS
IT WAS ME, ALL ALONG
EVERYONE BOUGHT IT
MY IMMEDIATE COMMUNITY BOUGHT IT

Was one of them that goddamn asshole who threatened someone at their home for selling their DVDs, then stealing the DVDs they bought away?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Lol, I actually got contacted by two separate promoters this week about over-GIFing their shows. I'm a marked man.

Who would have thought this obsession would pay so well

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wow, hot damn! That's awesome.

bZnuCsb.jpg

Wonder if he'll compete as a jr or a heavyweight. I'd definitely like to see him get a run with the Jr. title.

who is that and why should I be excited?

Top Bottom