• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

RP912

Banned
makes more sense than anything else.

they can even play it off that he's mad about being overlooked for seth rollins. have him cut some promo reminding everyone he's the legend killer and he wants to be the one to take out the beast incarnate..blah blah other shit

Yea...actual booking of a match that would actually make sense. Even if they trying to make Orton face...they could make him distant from Authority because he's so focus on ending the legend of Brock Lesnar. Imagine the promos he cuts like him reading a story on Lesnar in the middle of the ring and being more focus on beating him than winning the belt. It'll save his heel like ways and make him more of a badass.

After the progression throughout this year with putting over wrestlers and actually being tolerable promo wise. I don't mind another Orton title reign because he deserves it.

DMczaf

No bro

This time it'll be different.

match ends with kaitlyn's return

10727346_582123821892782_102797608_n.jpg

BORK LAZER SPOILERS

Currently plan is for him to return to the Dec 8th RAW and his first match will be defending the title vs JERRRRRNNNNN CEEEENNNAAARRRRRR at the Rumble.
Fucking ugh. Oh well, another Cenar beatdown will be fun to watch

Remember when people were so excited the night after SummerSlam about how Lesnar's reign would be awesome and he'd run through tons of guys at each PPV leading to Wrestlemania?

Instead we'll get the 3 Cena matches and we know he won't work Hell in a Cell and probably won't work Survivor Series, TLC, and Eliminaion Chamber. What an utter waste. This has just been an absolute abortion of a title run.

Fuck This Company.

Remember when people were so excited the night after SummerSlam about how Lesnar's reign would be awesome and he'd run through tons of guys at each PPV leading to Wrestlemania?

Instead we'll get the 3 Cena matches and we know he won't work Hell in a Cell and probably won't work Survivor Series, TLC, and Eliminaion Chamber. What an utter waste. This has just been an absolute abortion of a title run.

Fuck This Company.

WM31's gonna end with Cena's music.

I'd like to get mad about the misuse of Bork with the rest of you, but having not paid any attention to WWE since the last PPV I'm struggling to care. This is the future, friends - abandon the weekly shitshow that is WWE television and just watch the PPVs.

RP912

Banned
I'd like to get mad about the misuse of Bork with the rest of you, but having not paid any attention to WWE since the last PPV I'm struggling to care. This is the future, friends - abandon the weekly shitshow that is WWE television and just watch the PPVs.

Sounds about right with my work schedule. I guess WWE Network does come in handy every so often.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Personally, I wouldn't give WWE any kind of money at all to watch any of their events if I thought they were doing a bad job. Which I do, so I don't.

Just don't watch any of it.

Personally, I wouldn't give WWE any kind of money at all to watch any of their events if I thought they were doing a bad job. Which I do, so I don't.

I would agree, but I actually find some value in having the network outside of PPVs (even if I fucking hate the drip-feeding of content) and I also generally find that I seem to enjoy PPVs a lot more than those who've been paying attention to this shit weekly. It's harder to be disappointed when you go in with no expectations.

RP912

Banned

meh...I need my wcw so the 9.99 is justified...I just don't buy into the WWE propaganda.

i didnt even know there was a ppv this weekend. Network is great. been going through 96 nitros and ppvs.

plus all The great indie wrestling happining lately. seems like there are killer shows every month.

really like SMSAH wrestling

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So I think Takagi should win promoter of the year. Who is going to fight me on this? Have you seen how much the DDT audience has grown?

Aiii

So not worth it
I would agree, but I actually find some value in having the network outside of PPVs (even if I fucking hate the drip-feeding of content) and I also generally find that I seem to enjoy PPVs a lot more than those who've been paying attention to this shit weekly. It's harder to be disappointed when you go in with no expectations.
It gives me shit to watch when I am bored, so that makes it worthwhile enough for me. The new PPV's, while poorly build, have all been enjoyable so far.

Can't complain too much about the Network really.

WWE has zero tolerance for matters involving domestic violence, child abuse and sexual assault. Upon arrest for such misconduct, a WWE talent will be immediately suspended. Upon conviction for such misconduct, a WWE talent will be immediately terminated.

WWE’s ability to fine, suspend or terminate a WWE talent will not be, however, limited or compromised in any manner in the event incontrovertible evidence of such illegal misconduct is presented to WWE. Section 9.13(a) of the WWE booking contract, commonly known as the “morals clause”, provides WWE with broad discretion and authority to act under such circumstances

Still nothing about racial insensitivity, I see. Hm.

gurudyne

Ugh. He should have destroyed certain upper midcarders and had some competitive matches with others to help elevate them. I don't care if its obvious none of them could win, it would be fun.

"The squash that wasn't" matches can be damned entertaining. Two of the matches I remember the most from the Attitude era were Hardy-Taker and Taka-HHH. Just looking at the match, you knew who was going to win, but the losers looked damned good by putting up a long, hard-fought match. Bork's current run would be perfect for that kind of thing.

kiguel182

BORK LAZER SPOILERS

Currently plan is for him to return to the Dec 8th RAW and his first match will be defending the title vs JERRRRRNNNNN CEEEENNNAAARRRRRR at the Rumble.

They sure know how to send money down the drain.

What a fucking waste of Lesnar. Oh well, that's life.

It's going to be worse when they misuse Zayn or Neville, at least this I can handle.

So I think Takagi should win promoter of the year. Who is going to fight me on this? Have you seen how much the DDT audience has grown?

DDT draws respectable crowds for their yearly Sumo Hall show, which is impressive given that they've had to share their TV time with BJW the past couple of years, and there's probably an argument to made for DDT being the no.3 promotion in Japan at present. However, Dragon Gate have also been having a really good year attendance wise and New Japan, while they failed to sell-out the Yokohama Arena back in May, did manage their first Sumo Hall sell-out for a non-G1 final since 2001 and have generally had high attendances across the board for 2014, as well as pushing the company well into the black for the first time since before Inoki madness.

Zach

Guys! I'm back from Hawaii -- overall, it was great! -- and I can somehow still afford groceries!

That's pretty sad, but I'm a single dad, so shut up.

Anyway, I hope to watch... let's see, where are we? WCW Uncensored '96?! Ah, Jesus Christ! Anyway, I look forward to a little wrasslin' soon so expect The Return of the Gradez by this weekend.

Woo! Glad to be home.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
DDT draws respectable crowds for their yearly Sumo Hall show, which is impressive given that they've had to share their TV time with BJW the past couple of years, and there's probably an argument to made for DDT being the no.3 promotion in Japan at present. However, Dragon Gate have also been having a really good year attendance wise and New Japan, while they failed to sell-out the Yokohama Arena back in May, did manage their first Sumo Hall sell-out for a non-G1 final since 2001 and have generally had high attendances across the board for 2014, as well as pushing the company well into the black for the first time since before Inoki madness.

NJPW has way more tools available to them though. DDT has taken a goofy promotion and turned it into an incredibly popular event. Not only that, but they've taken some guys who would NEVER be huge in Japan and helped shape them into recognizable faces. Like Ishii and Irie being AJPW tag team champions. NJPW performing well should be expected and should be held to much higher standards considering the camera-men, wrestlers, and writers they have access to.

I find Adam Cole to be a lot more charismatic and exciting in PWG than in ROH. He feels like a light/toned down version in ROH.
It's because he has to step up his game in PWG. ROH is a non factor these days. Candice is a legit star that PWG is trying to build around and other indie wrestlers are taking notice.

Fuck This Company.

I see it as budget cuts. Throw the title at someone that they don't have to pay unless he shows up at the show.

Kaladin

WWE should enact a new storyline clause. Winning the a title in WWE forces the champ to sign a full time WWE contract within 30 days or forfeit.

NJPW has way more tools available to them though. DDT has taken a goofy promotion and turned it into an incredibly popular event. Not only that, but they've taken some guys who would NEVER be huge in Japan and helped shape them into recognizable faces. Like Ishii and Irie being AJPW tag team champions. NJPW performing well should be expected and should be held to much higher standards considering the camera-men, wrestlers, and writers they have access to.

Undoubtedly Takagi taking DDT to this level is commendable, but in the grand scheme of things I still think New Japan getting back on sound financial footing is a bigger deal. DDT's still very much a Tokyo promotion in terms of drawing power - also, while I'd agree that companies like AJPW using DDT wrestlers is an indicator of DDT's popularity, it's also something All Japan would never do if their own business wasn't in the shitter. This is all academical anyways, as neither promotion will win Best Promoter award. MMA shit has had that locked up since 2002, unfortunately.

Incidentally, D-Brine's won the Technical Wrestler of the Year award for the past 9 years. Surely he won't win it in 2014?

Sephzilla

I just wonder if anyone is going to bring up how stupid it was that Bryan had to give up the belt after 30 days but Brock will probably be MIA for 4 months before he wrestles again.

I just wonder if anyone is going to bring up how stupid it was that Bryan had to give up the belt after 30 days but Brock will probably be MIA for 4 months before he wrestles again.

The difference is that Bryan is not a money maker or a tough guy, so it's not like it was hard to get him to give up the belt. Try that shit with Lesnar, and he might actually eat you.

That's some old-school territory wrestling shit. Like when Thesz had the NWA belt the second time and refused to drop it to anyone who wasn't worth a damn in the ring. Bork should be Vince's enforcer - champ not playing ball? Send in the Bork.

BORK LAZER SPOILERS

WWE is out of their minds with this shit

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There's something very off-putting and kind of gross about a PR guy posting in a preview thread with a negative preview about their game.

They are pulling the same shit as last year, when there wasn't a champ all fall basically. And its all because cena is supposed to be "top guy" but half the crowd hates the idea so much that it insults their intelligence to even go with him as the loser of something.

They have written themselves into the biggest of holes in the wrestling world. Any time cena loses, it is just a relieve to watch, but if he wins it is just writing and nothing deserved.

Kaladin

I feel sorry for whoever beats Brock, even if it's Bryan and especially if it's Cena. They are going to have a hard time justifying beating Brock for the belt and THEN beating him again in a rematch.

He's built up as too big of a beast for his own good.

strobogo

Banned
So I take it we are not getting Orton/Bork :(

For fuck sakes those two never wrestled a match and it would sell the hell out of tickets. Imagine Orton channeling his inner legend killer with Heyman in his ear about Lesnar's legendary reign. It's a recipe of putting butts into seats with the idea of a f5 into a rko.

Brock and Orton have had a match, but it was in 2002 when Orton was a rookie and Brock was on Smackdown killing people every week while defending his title.

post.gif

lariat.gif

f5.gif

See it in all of its 240p glory:
Brock Lesnar vs Randy Orton

Jamie OD

Undoubtedly Takagi taking DDT to this level is commendable, but in the grand scheme of things I still think New Japan getting back on sound financial footing is a bigger deal. DDT's still very much a Tokyo promotion in terms of drawing power - also, while I'd agree that companies like AJPW using DDT wrestlers is an indicator of DDT's popularity, it's also something All Japan would never do if their own business wasn't in the shitter. This is all academical anyways, as neither promotion will win Best Promoter award. MMA shit has had that locked up since 2002, unfortunately.

Incidentally, D-Brine's won the Technical Wrestler of the Year award for the past 9 years. Surely he won't win it in 2014?

I'd rank it 1) New Japan, 2) Dragon Gate, 3) DDT. However I have no idea what to make of IGF, they draw good crowds at big buildings but it seems like everyone who is into puro ignores them. Dragon Gate has a big audience but it's different from typical wrestling fans in Japan. A lot of women who are there for the pretty boys but also the company has been around long enough to have a dedicated fanbase.

Meltzer himself says the only reason Bryan won the Technical Award the last couple of years is because of his reputation. For those unaware, Wrestling Observer subscribers vote on the awards, I'm not sure if Meltzer himself votes. His opinions can definitely bend voting patterns a certain way but there are a few winners that he disagrees with every year.

Top Bottom