• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

Fox318

Average weekly viewership of WWE Raw in 2014:

XDed60O.png

They need more Divas

Alucard

Banned
Watched the Elgin shoot preview. Eh, doesn't seem that interesting. I don't think he sounds delusional, but I find it funny that he used the term "butthurt" in an interview.

Alucard

Banned
I bet simplythebest is in his early twenties or late teens.

Just own up to your relationship with that youtube loudmouth guy and we'll take you more seriously. I don't get what's so hard with saying "Hey, this is a friend of mine," or "Hey, this is my dad."

I bet simplythebest is in his early twenties or late teens.

Just own up to your relationship with that youtube loudmouth guy and we'll take you more seriously. I don't get what's so hard with saying "Hey, this is a friend of mine," or "Hey, this is my dad."

I find it funny you still keep insisting that there is some connection between me and that channel when there isn't. Just a fan of the show, but if you wanna keep on digging that hole deeper searching for something that isn't there, go right ahead.

Striker

Now that you mention it, this does seem to coincide with the rise of Divas segments and the decline in Bryan and Punk segments. HMMMM.

I'm sure they'll get the post-PPV bump next week. Or will they?
Punk hasn't been around since January and the numbers increased after. Duh, It's Mania season. It's typical fluctuation for the show because May-December is most often dead air. Save for when they try their super-summer angles that flop (Nexus, Summer of Punk). Especially after SummerSlam.

They're in dire need of new stars (and writers).

Alucard

Banned
I find it funny you still keep insisting that there is some connection between me and that channel when there isn't. Just a fan of the show, but if you wanna keep on digging that hole deeper searching for something that isn't there, go right ahead.

You never said that in the first place. Just used non-commital wink emoticons.

Those ratings are an indictment on the product as a whole. But most of the blame lies on the shoulders of Vince and the creative. He doesn't trust the 30+ writers he has hired to write a script, forces them to do rewrites right before the show, doesn't trust talent to go off script with promos, and is severely lacking in willingness to take chances on talent.

I'm guessing the network number is going to be terrible in a few days. Which means Vince will double down on the Cena garbage and leave the rest of the roster floundering in shit like it has been all year.

somedevil

Here is the funny thing the rating for Raw was 2.75 even compared to last week. So viewership was low but the rating was the same compared to last week.

Daniel Bryan will save them.

Yep, in 6 months maybe. His mystery ailment has befuddled the WWE doctors.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If WWE is strapped for cash why don't they do what WCW did and have advertisements on the matt?

Funny you ask that my XFL friend

They're working with a ring apron that will dynamically show advertisements through a match. It's implemented in NXT but without the ads. It'll make its way.

Fox318

Daniel Bryan will save them.

a 5'2" bearded hipster midget is going to save a wrestling company?

He could start with going to see doctors instead of rubbing dirt and rosemary on his body and sleeping in a tinfoil bed to stop the government from listening in on him.

Fox318

Funny you ask that my XFL friend

They're working with a ring apron that will dynamically show advertisements through a match. It's implemented in NXT but without the ads. It'll make its way.

It will be great when Vince starts to let guys bleed again and the ad on the mat will be for yogurt or for the season premiere of chopped.

Those ratings are an indictment on the product as a whole. But most of the blame lies on the shoulders of Vince and the creative. He doesn't trust the 30+ writers he has hired to write a script, forces them to do rewrites right before the show, doesn't trust talent to go off script with promos, and is severely lacking in willingness to take chances on talent.

I'm guessing the network number is going to be terrible in a few days. Which means Vince will double down on the Cena garbage and leave the rest of the roster floundering in shit like it has been all year.

I can't wait for those network numbers. It is going to be so good.

Brock should make a monthly tournament where mid/upper cards guys like Cesaro, Dolph, Sheamus, Ambrose, Rollins and Orton would fight to face Brock at the PPV.

I'd love to see a new version of Brawl for All. Daniel Bryan could be the modern day Bart Gunn if he locks in the fujiwara armbar on Rusev.

I exclusively wear jorts and colorful t-shirts. However, I wear my favorite choppa suit for interviews and special occasions.

My impeccable fashion sense has served me well in life.

DMczaf

Since Cena is going with this "You go face to face with the Man Who Runs This Place." thing now, does he now take personal responsibility for the ratings being so low?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Alverazz has the scoopz for the shocking future of Russev

First he is going to win the US title shortly after Hell in a Cell. America will be so outraged that they call on a true Patriot to finally beat the Bulgarian Brusier...a returning Kurt Angle!

He'll lose at Survivor Series though after Russev cheats. Then the next plan is to bring in a REAL AMERICAN to fight him...Hulk Hogan at the Royal Rumble!

Hogan will also lose though, so America will be down to its final hope, the realest American, John Cena, who will make him tap in about three seconds in an I quit match at Elimination Chamber.

Thorakai

Hogan will also lose though, so America will be down to its final hope, the realest American, John Cena, who will make him tap in about three seconds in an I quit match at Elimination Chamber.

I'm surprised they are letting Cena look weak by taking three seconds.

Since Cena is going with this "You go face to face with the Man Who Runs This Place." thing now, does he now take personal responsibility for the ratings being so low?

really everyone kinda sucks right now

- cena is leeching what little charisma some of the younger talent has and is the only top star on raw right now
- orton sucks and is still like the #1/#2 heel on raw STILL
- belt is on a part time worker so that they potentially have something fresh to book come wrestlemania.
- kane is in the main event every week for some reason and big show is still getting lots of air time.
- rollins' and abrose's storyline kinda lacks depth and is just dumb at this point. the authority (HHH and Steph) which was supposed to be like the driving factor behind the shield breaking up are hardly present on raw and are really not doing anything to shape a compelling story line with them as the main heels on the program
- rollins' and ambrose will most liekly enter an even more pointless feud after their current one ends
- bray's character was buried and booked so badly they had to remove the entire family.
- entire midcard except shamemus is so back and forth every week. jobbing hard one week then jobbing to someone the next
- rusev is one dimensional and being booked to job at a big ppv then never be heard from again
- diva divission just sucks all around
- commentary been bad for ages

really just everything sucks on raw right now. I don't even know why I watch half of it every monday. I guess I'm depressed.

Fox318

really everyone kinda sucks right now

- cena is leeching what little charisma some of the younger talent has and is the only top star on raw right now
- orton sucks and is still like the #1/#2 heel on raw STILL
- belt is on a part time worker so that they potentially have something fresh to book come wrestlemania.
- kane is in the main event every week for some reason and big show is still getting lots of air time.
- rollins' and abrose's storyline kinda lacks depth and is just dumb at this point. the authority (HHH and Steph) which was supposed to be like the driving factor behind the shield breaking up are hardly present on raw and are really not doing anything to shape a compelling story line with them as the main heels on the program
- rollins' and ambrose will most liekly enter an even more pointless feud after their current one ends
- bray's character was buried and booked so badly they had to remove the entire family.
- entire midcard except shamemus is so back and forth every week. jobbing hard one week then jobbing to someone the next
- rusev is one dimensional and being booked to job at a big ppv then never be heard from again
- diva divission just sucks all around
- commentary been bad for ages

really just everything sucks on raw right now. I don't even know why I watch half of it every monday. I guess I'm depressed.

Shame about Orton is he can be great at his job.

He has apparently been wanting time off but have told him no because of roster issues.

Top Bottom