• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

WCW Monday Nitro 10/21/96

Go home show for Halloween Havoc

• Bobby Eaton vs Chris Jericho
  • Jimmy Graffiti vs That Motherfucker Dean Malenko
  • DDP vs Sgt. Craig Pittman
  • Ron Studd vs Jeff Jarrett
  • Road Block vs Lex Luger
  • American Males vs Harlem Heat
  • The Fantastics vs Faces of Fear
  • JL vs Stink

Technically, Jerry Lynn main evented Nitro. Jerry Lynn and the fake Sting. This show had what I would consider to be the official debut of Crow Sting. It had a strut off between Double J and Flair. It had the Nitro debut of Road Block and Lex dropping him twice. It had The YetAY continuing his role of only being on TV to make Giant's opponents look good. The Nitro debut of the scumbag Jimmy Del Ray. The Outsiders backing down to a united WCW. Macho Man looking like Judge Doom.

ibkavXTPjzWipf.gif

itRA4SmjDbRoN.gif

ibb9sGX4nrFUoV.gif

iRFzjNFgLn85o.gif

The link has a gif of the strut off, which is too big to post here. Maybe one day GAF will have gifv support, but as of now, I'm not going to post a 15mb gif.

kiguel182

Listening to Jericho on Alvarez's podcast. He said he and Punk used to talk all the time, and since Punk left he hasn't spoken to Jericho since. He then mentioned that he would send Punk texts saying stuff like "I'm watch The Clash from 78..." and Punk wouldn't respond.

Dick.

Jericho sounds a little needy.

Clearly Punk is just not that into him and he should move on.

Hell in the Cell card:

Rollins vs Ambrose
Cena vs Orton
Rusev vs Big Show
Ziggler vs Cesaro 2 out 3
Sheamus vs Miz
Usos vs Goldust and Stardust
AJ vs Paige
Brie vs Nikki

edit: oops
Would love to see the tag team stuff get a shack up. I like the Usos and Dust can be hilarious to make fun of with friends but I'm a bit bored seeing them all the time. Although I could say that about a lot of those matches.

Fingers crossed they can come up with enjoyable matches though, I've developed a soft spot for Orton some how.

The fallout from Wrestlemania

Ah that makes sense, thanks for the reply. I wonder if they are trying to think of a way to avoid that huge dip next year, might need to tease some stuff at Wrestlemania for the coming weeks (although I prefer the idea of WM being the end of the road for a lot of arcs).

Hasney

Ah that makes sense, thanks for the reply. I wonder if they are trying to think of a way to avoid that huge dip next year, might need to tease some stuff at Wrestlemania for the coming weeks (although I prefer the idea of WM being the end of the road for a lot of arcs).

Or just not have Kane in the main event in 2015.

strobogo

Banned
Lol at Goldberg thinking his "25 years" playing football should count towards dues in a totally different profession. That'd be like a lawyer of 25 years expecting the same respect as a doctor of 25 years in his first 5 months as a doctor. Booker saying that Goldberg told him he'd only lose to GOD made me lol. Especially since he lost to Booker more clean than he did to anyone else. Booker T is god. It's official.

ibjPp9AdVUTlZQ.gif

Goldberg came off like a tool for that whole episode. 15 years later and he still doesn't seem to get it. Also, I think the Starrcade 1998 finish was fine and wouldn't be held in such contempt if the Finger Poke of Doom didn't happen right after it. Dude had to lose sometime. Losing to Nash, another guy who had dominated WCW for 2 years, with interference from THREE other dudes seems reasonable to me.

Heyman of all people to say, "ew", after all the ridiculously stupid and over booked finishes that came from his brain was hilarious. How is Goldberg losing the title that way any worse than Taz losing the title 3 minutes into a triple threat after being the most dominate dude on the roster for 3 years? How is that any worse than Dreamer/Raven matches that would have 6-10 run ins, 5 ref bumps, and still need a cheap finish on top of that? Paul was the KING of "ew" finishes. ECW very rarely delivered a good finish in major feuds. It was always a bullshit finish to lead to the next feud.

Aiii

So not worth it
So I just heard that the winner of Orton vs. Cena gets a title shot against Brock?!

So, wait a minute. Ambrose wins a match against Cena, to get to fight Seth Rollins and the loser of that match has to fight Orton... For a chance against the championship.

How is Ambrose okay with this?

How does this make sense?

You lose a match, so you get a shot at a title shot?

And, of course, the main event slot at the PPV, because we should definitely not pretend that Ambrose vs. Rollins is the hottest thing (the only hot thing) WWE has going on right now...

I don't understand what's going on anymore.

So I just heard that the winner of Orton vs. Cena gets a title shot against Brock?!

So, wait a minute. Ambrose wins a match against Cena, to get to fight Seth Rollins and the loser of that match has to fight Orton... For a chance against the championship.

How is Ambrose okay with this?

How does this make sense?

You lose a match, so you get a shot at a title shot?

And, of course, the main event slot at the PPV, because we should definitely not pretend that Ambrose vs. Rollins is the hottest thing (the only hot thing) WWE has going on right now...

I don't understand what's going on anymore.
I just try not to think about it.

Though, someone should use that as material against Cena. He somehow weasels his way into constant title shots but always claims that he's earned them.
I think it was Hell in a Cell last year when Cena faced Del Rio for the title just because, but it was funny because he had a promo claiming he busted his ass and earned it. I guess coming back from injuries makes you a number one contender.

strobogo

Banned
Busted his ass to come back from injury so he'd get a title shot. Duh. He explained it. I think the only times Cena has earned a title shot in the last 6 years was his Rumble wins. The rest of his title shots came from rematches, multi-mans like EC, or just randomly getting a title shot. He's been on that Hogan shit of "get a title shot because I get title shots" for years.

strobogo

Banned
Rusev. Only black people and foreigners get stuck in dancing segments. White people only get dragged in if they are associated with a black or foreign wrestler.

Browny

Banned
Bootaaay, you have my thanks. I was out last night, and so only caught this now. I had about 2 hours of terrible sleep, work first thing, rushing around like a headless chicken, bad mood. Then I saw you posted this:

Bawitdaba dabang adang diggy diggy, diggy said the boogy, said up jump the boogy.

My (not so) secret shame is that I didn't even need to google that shit.

Bless you.

Who will be in a dancing segment first?

Rusev
Bray Wyatt
Luke Harper
Eric Rowan
Seth Rollins

I see potential in Rowan, some dudes and/or Divas (probably just the Exotic Express actually) will be dancing round him as he stands there middle of the ring, mask still on, he slowly tilts his head seemingly in bewilderment of this nonsense....
And then busts out his mad dance moves to the thunderous roar of the crowd because there's nothing that livens up dead crowds more than monster heels suddenly throwing shapes.

This then leads into the breakup of the Wyatt family as Rowan has to try and suppress his urge to dance in tag matches with Harper while Bray rocks himself into a depression on the ramp wondering just where the gimmick all went wrong.
Rowan finally finds himself in a lower card tag team with Adam RoseThe Bunny where Rowan himself is also dressed in a matching lamb costume, JBL will commentate each match unable to hide his furry disdain while Cole keeps repeating about how much fun they're all having with forced laughter.

Aiii

So not worth it
I see potential in Rowan, some dudes and/or Divas (probably just the Exotic Express actually) will be dancing round him as he stands there middle of the ring, mask still on, he slowly tilts his head seemingly in bewilderment of this nonsense....
And then busts out his mad dance moves to the thunderous roar of the crowd because there's nothing that livens up dead crowds more than monster heels suddenly throwing shapes.

This then leads into the breakup of the Wyatt family as Rowan has to try and suppress his urge to dance in tag matches with Harper while Bray rocks himself into a depression on the ramp wondering just where the gimmick all went wrong.
Rowan finally finds himself in a lower card tag team with Adam RoseThe Bunny where Rowan himself is also dressed in a matching lamb costume, JBL will commentate each match unable to hide his furry disdain while Cole keeps repeating about how much fun they're all having with forced laughter.

Actually, I would say that Bray Wyatt casts out Rowan from the clan, and we spend the next few months showing a distraught Rowan completely lost without his family. He is latching on to a ton of superstars, just trying to fit in and find a new family to fill the empty void left by the Wyatt's. We see him down in NXT, trying to get friendly with Enzo Amore and Big Cass, we see him at Smackdown, trying to get Kane to have a tea party with him in the boiler room. He's at Raw, with Tyson Kidd, listening to Natalya bitch at Tyson for daring to show up at Raw just to taunt her. He suddenly appears at the commentary desk instead of Michael Cole, doing play by play (this can tie in with a special edition of the JBL and ColeRowan Show on the YouTubes). Until finally he meets Adam Rose and Rose "converts" him to his own cult, the Exotic Express.

Actually, I would say that Bray Wyatt casts out Rowan from the clan, and we spend the next few months showing a distraught Rowan completely lost without his family. He is latching on to a ton of superstars, just trying to fit in and find a new family to fill the empty void left by the Wyatt's. We see him down in NXT, trying to get friendly with Enzo Amore and Big Cass, we see him at Smackdown, trying to get Kane to have a tea party with him in the boiler room. He's at Raw, with Tyson Kidd, listening to Natalya bitch at Tyson for daring to show up at Raw just to taunt her. He suddenly appears at the commentary desk instead of Michael Cole, doing play by play (this can tie in with a special edition of the JBL and ColeRowan Show on the YouTubes). Until finally he meets Adam Rose and Rose "converts" him to his own cult, the Exotic Express.
Long term booking going over months and different shows including the never acknowledged internet shows? WWE can't pull that off, Adam Rose might not even survive to be around in a few months!
Boiler Room Tea Party sounds pretty rad though, I wonder if Corporate Kane still has a thing for boiler rooms, he should set up his director of operations desk in one, each week it can change like Foley's commissioner office.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
NXT is by far the best weekly wrestling show at the moment. Raw has been so shit lately.

Side note: I'm excited for Lucha Underground. Anyone else or is my excitement misplaced?

I'm excited for it as well.

I've tapped out of all WWE programming save NXT and the occasional PPV. Ambrose really appears to be the only person worth watching. I will give it up for Rusev kicking an American soldier in the ring, that's some good heel shit.

Ithil

Lucha Underground could be good, but it might slide right into Wrestling Society X-2 if they're not careful. I already dislike that they are starting with a heel authority figure. Those are so tired in any wrestling promotion now. Hopefully they tone it down or phase it out over time.

Raw64life

Rusev should honestly be going for a midcard title at this point. The undefeated heel stuff has lasted long enough he needs to move up

Would imagine the US title is next after he's done with the Big Show. Obviously wont go for the IC title as he beat Ziggler clean last week and showed no interest in the belt whatsoever.

I've been looking for an excuse to admit to owning:
jLHzKHvl.jpg

I'm excited for it as well.

I've tapped out of all WWE programming save NXT and the occasional PPV. Ambrose really appears to be the only person worth watching. I will give it up for Rusev kicking an American soldier in the ring, that's some good heel shit.
I'm the same, I've stopped watching the PPV's even, and I need a major NXT catch up session.
Lucha Underground could be good, but it might slide right into Wrestling Society X-2 if they're not careful.
I'm totally up for WSX 2.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
SJK was bad in the indies. It's always amazing to me that he managed to get signed. Dude couldn't even get regular PWG or ROH bookings, he was that lame.

Aiii

So not worth it
John Cena should change his name to John Cenahashi to eliminate the dualing chants.

Clearly nobody is going to bother chanting Lets go Cenahashi! Cenahashi sucks! Way too much work and doesn't exactly roll of the tongue.

Top Bottom