• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

Sephzilla

Alright WrassleGAF. I think we need some random Fav Five to get the convo juices flowing today.

Fav Five Favorite Movies
  1. RoboCop (1987)
  2. The Matrix
  3. Aliens
  4. Return of the Jedi
  5. Die Hard

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fave Five Movies? I'll do my best, but sometimes my mind gets changed...

5. Predator
4. Terminator 2
3. Universal Soldier
2. Blade Runner
1. First Blood

Kaladin

I see your fave five movies and raise you:

Fave Five Country Singers

1. Johnny Cash
2. Waylon Jennings
3. Hank Williams Sr.
4. Willie Nelson
5. George Jones

I see your fave five country singers and raise you a fave five waylons

waylon jennings
waylon mercy
waylon smithers
waylon yutani
waylon mercy again

fav movies is hard to pin down right now; but it'd probably include the wachowski's Speed Racer.

Aiii

So not worth it
Fave Five Movies
5. Terminator 2
4. The Big Lebowski
3. Reservoir Dogs
2. Empire Strikes Back
1. The Godfather

And then there's at least 20 other movies that would be on this list if I made this on another day, because who has only five favorite movies? Miserable people that suck at life, that's who!

Browny

Banned
1) SW Episode 5
2) SW Episode 4
3) SW Episode 2
4) SW Episode 3
5) Big Trouble In Little China

Really:

1) Usual Suspects
2) Shaun Of The Dead
3) Hot Fuzz
4) Bourne Identity
5) Big Trouble In Little China

Alright after some real thinking here's five movies I really love

The Sixth Sense
Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory
Hot Fuzz
Speed Racer
No Country For Old Men

*high five browny!*

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You know what movie holds up? Who Framed Roger Rabbit.
You know what movie doesn't hold up at all and more people should rewatch it before getting all nostalgic about it? Space Jam.

It does hold up, but its part of that weird "films made by amblin that are tailor made to have their sets plopped into a universal studios park after shooting wraps" that was all over the late 80s and early 90s, such as Hook or something.

I really like most of the movies and love that production style but it makes it feel distinctly dated :$

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Five random movies I just happen to like (no fave).

Spiderman 2.
2001: A Space Odyssey.
Blade Runner.
A.I. Artificial Intelligence.
The Plague Dogs.

Sephzilla

¡HarlequinPanic!;135415648 said:
It does hold up, but its part of that weird "films made by amblin that are tailor made to have their sets plopped into a universal studios park after shooting wraps" that was all over the late 80s and early 90s, such as Hook or something.

I really like most of the movies and love that production style but it makes it feel distinctly dated :$

Hook definitely has that feel to it (I still love the movie though). In regards to Roger Rabbit, it was kind of intentionally designed that way.

What sucks about Roger Rabbit is that I don't think we'll ever get another movie that has as many "crossovers" in it like that again. Wreck it Ralph was probably the closest.

DMczaf

Fave Five from WrassleGAF

file-does-not-exist.png

Fuck y'all

Gonzalez

Banned
¡HarlequinPanic!;135415648 said:

Dick Tracy was another.

Hook definitely has that feel to it (I still love the movie though). In regards to Roger Rabbit, it was kind of intentionally designed that way.

What sucks about Roger Rabbit is that I don't think we'll ever get another movie that has as many "crossovers" in it like that again. Wreck it Ralph was probably the closest.

yeah we'll never see mickey mouse and bugs bunny share a screen again~

You know what movie holds up? Who Framed Roger Rabbit.
You know what movie doesn't hold up at all and more people should rewatch it before getting all nostalgic about it? Space Jam.
Roger Rabbit is magnificent. Space Jam was always garbage. Jordan is a terrible actor and it somehow managed to suck the funny away from all the Toons.

Fuck Lola Bunny

Browny

Banned
¡HarlequinPanic!;135415147 said:
*high five browny!*

VDWcU.gif

Like most, I could easily come up with 20 or so films I could watch over and over again... The yardstick by which I measure is the hypothetical situation of "I'm at home, there's nothing to do, I flick through a channel and find *insert name of film*, so I continue to watch it".

It goes higher if I decide to go to the channel+1 and watch it from the beginning. Bourne is a classic example (ITV show it all the time).

Edit: I have a free weekend in a couple of weeks - do I take the time to watch The Untouchables? I've never seen it, but I get the feeling I might like it?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is also really high on my list as well. It's just hard to say, 'Well I guess I'll throw out Annie Hall for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.'

Plus, that list is already pretty action heavy. Can't slip in Demolition Man as much as I would want to. I'm actually less critical of movies than I am of a lot of other mediums. I love Men In Black a lot too.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think there's a certain mindset on the internet who would read this literally.

Also, didn't they actually make her an interesting character in The Looney Tunes Show?

She's like a Mickie James type in that show. That show which has no business being as good as it is.

Gonzalez

Banned
Does Dick Tracy hold up at all? It's literally been two decades since I've seen it.

Visually it does hold up surprisingly well. Mostly because it's a period film, but also because the set, and costume designs have such a clean appearance to it when compared to Roger Rabbit. The only thing that doesn't hold up well when it comes to the visuals are some of the matte paintings that stick out more thanks to Blu-Ray.

The script on the other hand is so razor-thin that nothing really stands out about the plot. I don't really know if that really helps it hold up?

Fave Five Movies
5. Terminator 2
4. The Big Lebowski
3. Reservoir Dogs
2. Empire Strikes Back
1. The Godfather

And then there's at least 20 other movies that would be on this list if I made this on another day, because who has only five favorite movies? Miserable people that suck at life, that's who!

5. Goodfellas
4. Alien/Aliens
3. Ghostbusters
2. Resident Evil (I know...)
1. Die Hard

But then there's a whole bunch of movies I'll just watch when I can't think of anything else too. I have no 'fav order' just movies to pass the time with.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
5. Goodfellas
4. Alien/Aliens
3. Ghostbusters
1. Die Hard

But then there's a whole bunch of movies I'll just watch when I can't think of anything else too. I have no 'fav order' just movies to pass the time with.

I swear I'm not picking on you but

Alien and Aliens are SUCH different movies, you can't group them together.

Gonzalez

Banned
¡HarlequinPanic!;135416716 said:
real talk:

Mortal Kombat is high on my list ;___;

That film was ahead of it's time.

All that snark in a Kung Fu action movie that was based on a 90's video game. MK was MCU, way before MCU was a thing.

Browny

Banned

It's entertainment, pure and simple. I don't think it would ever be mistaken for a classic, but it's a good / great way of spending / passing time. So many films fit into this category, in varying levels - mainly action films (Die Hards, REs, Transporters etc).

Joining in on the movie lists

Fave Five (animated) movies in no particular order

- Spirited Away
- Treasure Planet
- Who framed Roger Rabbit
- How to Train Your Dragon
- Evangelion 2.0

Fave Five non-animated movies

- Back to the Future
- Cruel Intentions
- The Matrix
- Notting Hill