• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

jim cornette is unsettling to me. i saw like 2 mins of a video interview he was in with paul bear ooc and cornette was just rambling about some woman wrestler saying like 'yeah she was a cunt but she knew she was'. there's always something extra dark about guys in those big window pane glasses, rotund and pear shapen bodies and unflattering 90's clothes talking like that. he gives me the jeebies.

Yeah it's set to the address on your account. Maybe you shouldn't have fucking lied when signing up.

Booooo I have zero interest in pretending to be American. I'd rather miss out on this ridiculously great deal of primo content that's only nine ninety nine a month than be lumped in with that lot.

Yeah just checked and my account definitely says Australia and the schedule says ET and is the expected amount out of AEST :(

SoulPlaya

more money than God
jim cornette is unsettling to me. i saw like 2 mins of a video interview he was in with paul bear ooc and cornette was just rambling about some woman wrestler saying like 'yeah she was a cunt but she knew she was'. there's always something extra dark about guys in those big window pane glasses, rotund and pear shapen bodies and unflattering 90's clothes talking like that. he gives me the jeebies.
Cornette is an idiot. The guy thinks Family Guy is comedy genius. People like him cause he criticizes the WWE, but when you listen, you realize he's even more out of touch than the WWE is. He's also stuck in 1996 or 7. The guy harps on how much of a dick HBK was, and he dismisses any changes HBK may have made since then. Like, dude, even Bret Hart has let it go, what's the matter with you?

He's got a long history of working for a company, then bad mouthing it as soon as he leaves. Why didn't you have the balls to say something then. He does countless shoot videos, and all of them are more concerned with airing his personal grievances against guys he didn't have the balls to confront 20 years ago, than saying anything relevant.

the deadman gimmick 2.0 and 3.0 (wannabe mma fighter deadman) gimmick honestly felt so dated the last decade. most fans will disagree but undertaker was so stale for the last ten years of his career. he could go in the ring but that was about it. wouldn't have minded the biker gimmick being tweaked through his last years in the ring. was better than the deadman gimmick which should of stayed in the early 90s.

MC Safety

I am sure someone would yell at me if I said it in gaming because "game devs are people too" but Yukes is the only games developer I would 100% be ok with if they shut down tomorrow. Just a horrible studio that has been coasting for 10 years.

To truly improve on the WWE game franchise, 2K needs to step away from yearly updates.

I don't think the problem is necessarily that Yuke's is a terrible developer.

strobogo

Banned
Cornette is a cunt. Full blast. Dude always talks about booking and how great he'd be and a lot of people buy in, but his track record proves otherwise. SMW was outdated even in 1992 and was a failure. His booking of ROH lead to a down turn in the product. His time in OVW generally sucked, even if it produced stars. But Cena/Batista/Brock/Orton spent very little actual time in OVW before being called up to begin with. I'm sure it kills him that his best booking work came while on a committee with Vince Russo. Left to his own devices, he's a boring as shit booker who will often go to weird racial shit as a crutch. I think he agrees to work for companies JUST so he can release 5 shoot videos after he gets fired.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Cornette is a cunt. Full blast. Dude always talks about booking and how great he'd be and a lot of people buy in, but his track record proves otherwise. SMW was outdated even in 1992 and was a failure. His booking of ROH lead to a down turn in the product. His time in OVW generally sucked, even if it produced stars. But Cena/Batista/Brock/Orton spent very little actual time in OVW before being called up to begin with. I'm sure it kills him that his best booking work came while on a committee with Vince Russo. Left to his own devices, he's a boring as shit booker who will often go to weird racial shit as a crutch. I think he agrees to work for companies JUST so he can release 5 shoot videos after he gets fired.
Exactly.

the deadman gimmick 2.0 and 3.0 (wannabe mma fighter deadman) gimmick honestly felt so dated the last decade. most fans will disagree but undertaker was so stale for the last ten years of his career. he could go in the ring but that was about it. wouldn't have minded the biker gimmick being tweaked through his last years in the ring. was better than the deadman gimmick which should of stayed in the early 90s.

I dunno, you can't really beat that entrance. It kind of justifies the entire thing. The Biker stuff is the lamest junk on earth - you're talking about a gimmick founded upon Limp Bizkit and Kid Rock songs. It would've been possible to pull off a cool Biker/Dead Man synthesis gimmick with an original song and a better thought out approach, but Biker Undertaker as he existed was so far from that in every way. He wore a dumb bandana all the time, too. I see what you're saying though. As soon as the lights lift on him in latter era dead man periods though, the mystique crumbles.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I dunno, you can't really beat that entrance. It kind of justifies the entire thing. The Biker stuff is the lamest junk on earth - you're talking about a gimmick founded upon Limp Bizkit and Kid Rock songs. It would've been possible to pull off a cool Biker/Dead Man synthesis gimmick with an original song and a better thought out approach, but Biker Undertaker as he existed was so far from that in every way. He wore a dumb bandana all the time, too.
The gimmick wasn't born out of songs, it was just how Taker really is. He bikes and essentially talked how he normally does.

And you want an original song? Here you go!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul3kKRRy6jI

Just finished watching the Pillman doc on the Network and um... what was Vince thinking when he trotted out Melanie Pillman on national TV to pretty much say the WWF didn't have anything to do with Brian's death? I mean, what the fuck.

The gimmick wasn't born out of songs, it was just how Taker really is. He bikes and essentially talked how he normally does.

Yeah I know part of the reason for it was that it reflected Mark's personality better, but the in-universe foundation of him was like, American Bad Ass and stuff. I'm saying the way the whole thing was presented was super lame - although y'know, appropriate for a big section of the audience. Mark isn't a particularly good talker so I dunno if he should have been talking as much as he was, either. A monosyllabic gigantic biker who wore more black than most and when he did talk, often spoke of hell and satanic imagery, whose music was at once brooding and aggressive - I mean, I can see a way to do that.

That song you linked is probably the worst way to approach a biker undertaker theme song that isn't limp bizkit or kid rock. I'm thinking something more like a mix of industrial and southern gothic sounds than light southern pop rock wtih a lot of fanservice.

You've done it now
You've gone and made a big mistake
and I can't allow, you to think you can just walk away
so turn around, and face the piper you're gonna pay
'cause the end is now
this is gonna be your judgement day

A cheap shot
that's the way that you play the game
I was blindsided, things will never ever be the same
nice guys, it's said they always finish last
but bad-asses, always kicking asshole's ass

kick it

You're gonna Pay, You're Gonna Pay
there's no forgiveness this time
It's my business, your mind
I'm burning these ones to the ground
I'm gonna Bring you down

No more chances,
No more excuses, no lies
your stories ending, time to say your goodbyes
nice guys, it's said they always finish last
but bad-asses, are always kicking asshole's ass

asshole,
kick it

kick it

there's no forgiveness this time
It's my business, your mind
I'm burning these ones to the ground
I'm gonna Bring you down

I liked the work Cornette has done with Kayfabe Commentaries, but then again I like just about anything from KC with the exception with of the YouShoots from Evan Bourne and Brodus Clay which were disappointing. One thing I can say is that I like Cornette better than Russo as even Sean Oliver (in my opinion) had a tough time keeping Russo on track in the timeline of WCW 2000.

Overall I find Cornette to be entertaining but yes I do agree with you guys on him being stuck in the past.

Looking at the final Hell in a Cell card, I would say it has potential. I'll be checking in on it during the GB/NO game depending on how that goes.

Some dinguses in here talking mess about Big Evil?

14470%20-%20Raw%20blood%20david_flair%20undertaker%20wwf.jpg

I dunno, you can't really beat that entrance. It kind of justifies the entire thing. The Biker stuff is the lamest junk on earth - you're talking about a gimmick founded upon Limp Bizkit and Kid Rock songs. It would've been possible to pull off a cool Biker/Dead Man synthesis gimmick with an original song and a better thought out approach, but Biker Undertaker as he existed was so far from that in every way. He wore a dumb bandana all the time, too. I see what you're saying though. As soon as the lights lift on him in latter era dead man periods though, the mystique crumbles.

I agree with you. It needed tweaking like I said. he was able to wrestle and was over and really didn't have anyone to compete with for a top spot for a decade so I'm guessing that's why he grew kinda stale.

I don't care about the last generation version. Until I see stuff from the real version that 2K cared about, all of this talk about the old version I'll never play is irrelevant to me.

I don't care about the last generation version. Until I see stuff from the real version that 2K cared about, all of this talk about the old version I'll never play is irrelevant to me.

They obviously cared enough to take things out. Why would they take it out of this version if it was in the PS4 version?

They obviously cared enough to take things out. Why would they take it out of this version if it was in the PS4 version?

Probably a reshuffling of teams and budget. Software is complicated and takes money and time to fix. The team that made 2K15 for last gen was probably not large and had little budget. And when you implement new things into software, other features can break along the way. If the team is small and has a limited budget, that feature is probably better off removed than broken.

Meanwhile the next-gen version probably has a significantly larger budget and larger team, allowing them to work on bugs and features with much more detail in mind.

I'm not excusing it because it's obviously a dogshit version but that's one of the reasons I can come up with to why stuff is missing.

The next gen version could also completely suck and I'm not saying it won't. I'm just pointing out that I couldn't give less of a shit about the old, obviously lesser product.

strobogo

Banned
Probably a reshuffling of teams and budget. Software is complicated and takes money and time to fix. The team that made 2K15 for last gen was probably not large and had little budget. And when you implement new things into software, other features can break along the way. If the team is small and has a limited budget, that feature is probably better off removed than broken.

Meanwhile the next-gen version probably has a significantly larger budget and larger team, allowing them to work on bugs and features with much more detail in mind.

I'm not excusing it because it's obviously a dogshit version but that's one of the reasons I can come up with to why stuff is missing.

The next gen version could also completely suck and I'm not saying it won't. I'm just pointing out that I couldn't give less of a shit about the old, obviously lesser product.

There are no new things implemented in the 360/PS3 version. Nothing at all. There was no reason to remove features other than to intentionally gimp it to make the next gen look even better.

If you believe they intentionally took features out just because they wanted to, I'll have you know the Montreal Screwjob was a work.

Obviously, I don't know why they took the features out. They had a reason. It wasn't because they wanted to make a lesser product, that is a fact. They gain nothing from intentionally making their own product worse to prop up another. In fact, all of this negative criticism of the last gen version may hurt sales of the next gen version, no matter how good it is.

Alucard

Banned
As someone who hasn't bought a Sony or Microsoft system the past two generations...2K15 looks really unimpressive for a "next gen" game alongside stuff like Destiny, The Last of Us, etc.

strobogo

Banned
If you believe they intentionally took features out just because they wanted to, I'll have you know the Montreal Screwjob was a work.

Obviously, I don't know why they took the features out. They had a reason. It wasn't because they wanted to make a lesser product, that is a fact. They gain nothing from intentionally making their own product worse to prop up another. In fact, all of this negative criticism of the last gen version may hurt sales of the next gen version, no matter how good it is.

I can't think of a reason to gimp the game so much besides either intentionally doing so to make the next gen look better, or straight up lazy shit. They're using the same engine completely. It's not like they had to dumb down the next gen version for last gen. They're using the same engine that has been used for years with no alterations. Then they removed a bunch of standard features without adding anything new, and they're still selling it at full price.

Anth0ny

Shows how much I know. Still think 2K15 looks bad in comparison to tons of games out there.

you gotta chill man

they were just reaching acceptable ps2 levels of visuals with the 2013 game

we have new consoles now, and they're finally hitting mid tier xbox 360 visuals with the new games.

for certain wrestlers.

the rest still look straight out of ps2.

A Yukes/2K defense force. Sweet jesus...

Gonzalez

Banned

There must have been a lot of money in the Haliburton that 2K handed over to you.

Hasney

Why not? Why wouldn't they remove features that aren't in the PS4/XB1 version so the previous generation version isn't better?

Since the game is just a re-skin, they either took them out because the modes won't be in the current-gen version, or WWE asked them to remove them for reasons.

bjork

I love how every year, WWE finds some new way to surprise people with their godawful game. And people KEEP. FUCKING. PLAYING. THEM.

No reason to complain at all, ya schmucks.

Last one I bought was in like 2006, I played a casket match where a fully dead Hurricane managed to shove my Bret Hart into the casket and I never played it again.

Oh, and I do own All-Stars, now that I think about it. Never played that much, either.

Cornette is an idiot. The guy thinks Family Guy is comedy genius. People like him cause he criticizes the WWE, but when you listen, you realize he's even more out of touch than the WWE is. He's also stuck in 1996 or 7. The guy harps on how much of a dick HBK was, and he dismisses any changes HBK may have made since then. Like, dude, even Bret Hart has let it go, what's the matter with you?

He's got a long history of working for a company, then bad mouthing it as soon as he leaves. Why didn't you have the balls to say something then. He does countless shoot videos, and all of them are more concerned with airing his personal grievances against guys he didn't have the balls to confront 20 years ago, than saying anything relevant.

Bold is what I always thought shoots were for? Also, seems like a lot of guys from that era talk about that stuff so often, but I blame the fans for that more than anything. Take anyone from an active roster during the monday night war period and let them take questions from listeners or viewers, and even if they're still active now, I bet more than half of the questions are about some shit to do with 96-2001. People won't let it go, wrestlers included.

I swear wwe fans are dumb as hell these days I just saw a video on youtube where they were actually cheering for mr mcmahon what the fuck???

He is the greatest WWE Superstar of all time, so what do you expect? He beat god and he no-sold death. He is the only one who can beat Cena.

Yah. I saw it up on your wall in one of the videos. Reminded me that you're a cunt.

Fuck. Haha

Gonzalez

Banned
And here I thought Rusev's gimmick was the cheapest way of garnering heat I'd see this year, this is even worse, we're bordering on Eddiesploitation cheap heat with Yukes defense force.
Hey Nocturnowl, why do you keep looking up. Spikes not in heaven, IT'S IN HELL!!!

Top Bottom