• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

Sephzilla

WWE creative just cant help themselves. Why not have a clean winner in the cell match, then have Wyatt attack Ambrose on Raw? They just blew months worth of a great Dean and Seth program

Pretty much.

The Dean/Seth program was losing steam anyway and had to be wrapped up (thanks mostly to Cena leaching). Not actually ending the feud and then most likely spinning Dean off into a Wyatt feud pretty much blue balls the last few months.

PPV was fine in my estimation, nothing bad, nothing terribly great either. Main event shenanigans made me lol and I also actually would have preferred Cena/Orton to go on last, in hindsight.

I loved that, the perfect reaction to the finish.

can you make a gif of that? it be fantastic for this thread

Anth0ny

you know what, we all thought the WWE creative team was shit. They're actually magnificent. Holyfuck I am amazed.

They managed to bury 3 young stars all in one match.

This commentary is the fucking worst. completely fucking no sold everything

not no sold

they "let it breathe"

gotta "let things breathe" man

nobody liked that hillbilly yelling all over the place when something EPIC happened

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
god i'm tired of you smarks always complaining about wrestling.

going to leave this thread again to go complain about wrestling video games.

This is where wrestling kideo game talk belongs though

Don't run from us

Bo Dallas is still great. Rusev won. All is right with the world. Logical booking all night tonight.

Ithil

god i'm tired of you smarks always complaining about wrestling.

going to leave this thread again to go complain about wrestling video games.
image.php

Bye.

Have they had 2 consecutive PPVs end with clean main event finishes this year? I know it didn't happen last year, or 2012. Maybe not even 2010! Maybe this shit goes back 5 years.

How hard is it to actually give payoffs on events you want people spending money on?

dakun

so the PPV was pretty good except for the ending.

Ziggler vs. Cesaro - great match, probably the best of the day. Still wonder when Cesaro will get his push though

Rusev vs. Big Show - just glad that Rusev won fair and square. He deserves better than to lose against Big Show

Miz vs. Sheamus - Mizdow... just Mizdow

Cena vs. Orton - i had small hopes for an Orton vs. Lesnar match. But that would be too exciting for the writers to let happen.

Ambrose vs. Rollins - i pretty much predicted that this match won't simply end with someone winning fair and square. A Bray Wyatt comeback makes no sense to me. If anyone should've interrupted this match it was Reigns.

It was a good PPV with a bad ending. Still wonder what will happen to Luke Harper and Rowen though. Hope they come up with something better than they did with Bray.

joeposh

WWE creative just cant help themselves. Why not have a clean winner in the cell match, then have Wyatt attack Ambrose on Raw? They just blew months worth of a great Dean and Seth program

I feel like the plan was always to have this feud boil over down the road and Reigns injury just forced their hand.

I see Ambrose and Rollins continuing to have intersecting moments, leading into a big payoff match at Wrestlemania. This allows them to put a pin on the rivalry -- have Ambrose move on to Bray, and Rollins to mix it up with Orton while Reigns recovers, and ultimately return to it down the road.

Not saying I necessarily like this approach or how it was executed tonight, but I get where they're coming from.

Invis

Man, every time a big spot happens, I can't help but look for the ref's hand to check for a squeeze from the two guys to check and make sure they're alright. Someone brought it up when looking back at the Shane/Angle KOTR glass spot and now I can't unsee it.

About the PPV though, I'm pretty stoked for Bray's return. Maybe this time he'll have some actual heat and steam behind him to do something big.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
There was no long term booking there. As far as they were concerned, his feud for the WWE title was done at HIAC 2013.

Not the way it seemed to play out to me, considering they kept revisiting it, he was never completely out of the title picture, had it build and culminate at WM like an old school feud is supposed to. But if you want to just think its because Batista didn't go over with the fans, I doubt it. It seemed to me they knew he wasn't going to be around long anyway.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Rusev has really done a lot with the streak they've given him, and Lana is spectacular as well, still. I always believed in Ol' Fatty but I'm glad more people are on board, and I'm glad Big Show didn't ruin this. He ruins a lot of things.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Rusev has really done a lot with the streak they've given him, and Lana is spectacular as well, still. I always believed in Ol' Fatty but I'm glad more people are on board, and I'm glad Big Show didn't ruin this. He ruins a lot of things.

This was actually the second best Rusev PPV match. I was LEGIT SHOOK by it.

njean777

This is unironically why they keep doing stupid shit like this

The majority lacks the balls to say "I don't want to see where this goes because that has literally never ended good"

Well I paid for another six months of the network to a month ago so I am not just gonna waste my money and not watch... Who knows maybe something good will come out of it? Never know until you see first hand. I am just happy dean didn't lose clean, it would have messed up his momentum.

Ithil

Not the way it seemed to play out to me, considering they kept revisiting it, he was never completely out of the title picture, had it build and culminate at WM like an old school feud is supposed to. But if you want to just think its because Batista didn't go over with the fans, I doubt it. It seemed to me they knew he wasn't going to be around long anyway.

Yeah, you're completely wrong on this one. Disregarding the babyface Rumble win by Batista (which Bryan was not in or even considered for) that was entirely rejected by the crowd as "if you just want to believe" is silly.
The WM matches they were building to around Rumble time were Batista/Orton, Lesnar/Taker, Bray/Cena and Punk/HHH.

Sephzilla

I was legit surprised Rusev won clean over Big Show even with Mark Henry semi interfering. I was figuring Rusev would win due to a Henry heel turn.

I like Rusev a lot, I really do, but it's just so hard to get into him because of the ever looming Cena burial.

Anth0ny

Wasn't he out of the title picture in January

you know, when he wasn't entered into the royal rumble

Rusev's awesome, I hope he gets to CRUSH forever.

Rusev1.gif

until april, maybe

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This was actually the second best Rusev PPV match. I was LEGIT SHOOK by it.

I've legitimately enjoyed most of his PPV matches, despite most of them being against big men, they've been fun and he's managed to show off his athleticism (lord I sound like a commentator) but they've all been very fun. Really did enjoy the ground grappling with him and Big Show, don't see that often.

Remember when Rollins /Ambrose was the hottest feud in WWE?

Then WWE had Ambrose go film a movie...
Then WWE had Cena leach onto the feud...
Then they main evented a PPV that ended with interference, spinning off the feud...

Sephzilla

You're forgetting that before Bootista and Punk quitting, Bryan was scheduled to go up against Shaemus.

He also wasn't even in the Royal Rumble, and lost to Bray that same night.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Yeah, you're completely wrong on this one.

Well good for them to be stupid and lucky I suppose. I still wouldn't put 100% faith in the dirt sheets though

You're forgetting that before Bootista and Punk quitting, Bryan was scheduled to go up against Shaemus.

He also wasn't even in the Royal Rumble, and lost to Bray that same night.

I know punk was pitched a feud with Triple H and he supposedly wanted the ME at WM for the title, so he quit. Bootista didn't quit until after Bryan was injured. I remember the program with Bray, but again, that seemed to me to legitimize Wyatt and his upcoming feud with Cena, more than a "burial" of Daniel Bryan.

Right...

Why couldn't the WWE have let those two destroy each other with no fucking bullshit for once? I mean, what the fuck is the point of introducing Bray into this feud in this manner? Its dumbfounding.

I was legit surprised Rusev won clean over Big Show even with Mark Henry semi interfering. I was figuring Rusev would win due to a Henry heel turn.

I like Rusev a lot, I really do, but it's just so hard to get into him because of the ever looming Cena burial.

What's even more awesome is that he does it like a face. Interference from Henry, and he still kicks ass clean. Wish he kicked Henry in the face too and laid them both in the ring like a true hero.

All he needs to do now is run over Sheamus for the Russian Federation Championship, and do more feuds centering around a rivalry that is not necessarily about Russia/USA.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've legitimately enjoyed most of his PPV matches, despite most of them being against big men, they've been fun and he's managed to show off his athleticism (lord I sound like a commentator) but they've all been very fun. Really did enjoy the ground grappling with him and Big Show, don't see that often.

The only one I didn't really enjoy was the Henry match, though that had a great ending.

Omega

Banned
They did for Daniel Bryan. That was pretty much an 8 month feud

no, Punk walked out and Batista wasn't welcomed with open arms like they assumed.

Bryan was a mistake, don't let the WWE packages fool you. They surprisingly made the best of a bad situation and were able to recover.

Wasn't he supposed to fight Sheamus or some shit? Punk vs HHH, Batista vs Randy was supposed to main event.

Sephzilla

The only one I didn't really enjoy was the Henry match, though that had a great ending.

The Henry match was legit well built up. I actually felt bad for Henry after that match. It also helped that just before Henry tapped a bead of sweat went down his face that looked just like a tear.

Why couldn't the WWE have let those two destroy each other with no fucking bullshit for once? I mean, what the fuck is the point of introducing Bray into this feud in this manner? Its dumbfounding.

It's difficult. Rollins, Ambrose, and Wyatt can't lose matches and all need to be booked strong. I wanted Ambrose to go over, but I definitely don't want Rollins to look weak, and he plays the cowardly heel really well despite being great in the ring. And we can't have Ambrose lose because he's on fire.

Even with Ambrose/Wyatt is that a loss for either would probably be bad, but hopefully we can expect to see kickass feuds and finishes that elevate everyone.

Which is very unlike the Cena feud.

Is Bray's entire point of existing is to ruin other people's established storylines and rob them of a conclusion?

First he did it with Bryan right in the middle of his authority feud.

Then he did it with Sina so he removes him from the title hunt, and from a rematch with Orton.

And now he does it with Ambrose so he doesn't get closure with Seth.

This guy's a fucking cunt.

A new age Kane.

Can't wait for the "Bray in 2025" posts.

Top Bottom