• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

is this going to be in your next video or the one after?

iaZPvYg.jpg

Tim-E

I love the "Don't trust WWE! Bryan being in the main event wasn't in their plans!" crowd like they were in the WWE creative meetings. Internet fans read wrestling tabloids and gossip and it makes them feel like they are "in the know."

It literally does not matter what their "original plans" were.

My problem wasn't the ending, but the fact that the match was still building up. Seth and Dean could go for another 10 minutes of greatness, then ending it in the strange way. I feel that there's a rule of "not making Hell in a Cell matches longer than any HiaC match that involved HHH"

imBask

Banned
My problem wasn't the ending, but the fact that the match was still building up. Seth and Dean could go for another 10 minutes of greatness, then ending it in the strange way. I feel that there's a rule of "not making Hell in a Cell matches longer than any HiaC match that involved HHH"

oh cmon you're literally grasping for "burying" straws, that's just ridiculous

I actually agree with all of this

Only reason Bray was over because he was working with Bryan. Granted his gimmick was much more fresh at the time but it obviously had no legs. Some will blame the cena feud but I don't know. It's a big "what if" thinking about bray winning that feud but it doesn't matter at his point. fact of the matter is bray is flat and can't take a job without falling apart and being removed from tv for a month.

I.... I.... I can't disagree with this unfortunately.

Except that Kane only dreams of being as good of a mic worker as Bray is

God I feel dirty agreeing with Bionic-Arm

aldhGkC.gif

I swear to god theclosetfan is a paid employee of 2K studios. Every post they make just makes me believe it more. Reminds me of Serebii Joe in that Gamefreak is incompetent thread defending every single thing Gamefreak removes or takes out.

Do the creative staff members even write anymore? Or do they just make it up as they go along?

While I can agree that, yes, a Wyatt/Ambrose feud would be entertaining...couldn't they have at least waited till tomorrow night to start it?! That's months and months worth of a pretty good feud...with 99% of it NOT taking place between two bells (you know, like how it's usually supposed to happen in PRO WRESTLING)...gone. Just utterly wasted. Ambrose needed a clean win in this one (or at least as clean as it could be in a match of this caliber). WWE needs to just do away with the Cell altogether. Clearly, it no longer serves the purpose it's supposed to - THE END OF A FEUD WITHOUT INTERFERENCE. All the usual people had full access to this match. Was there even a point in having the match inside the Cell?

And of course, Cena wins, continuing his path to what the WWE portends to be Ric Flair's title record - losing his way back to the top. Yes, I am fully aware that he won his match with Orton tonight - but he still lost his way to a title shot. Between the booking and the commentary, it's becoming clearer and clearer that even the most remote sense of logic within that company packed its bags and left town a long long time ago.

Anth0ny

Do the creative staff members even write anymore? Or do they just make it up as they go along?

While I can agree that, yes, a Wyatt/Ambrose feud would be entertaining...couldn't they have at least waited till tomorrow night to start it?! That's months and months worth of a pretty good feud...with 99% of it NOT taking place between two bells (you know, like how it's usually supposed to happen in PRO WRESTLING)...gone. Just utterly wasted. Ambrose needed a clean win in this one (or at least as clean as it could be in a match of this caliber). WWE needs to just do away with the Cell altogether. Clearly, it no longer serves the purpose it's supposed to - THE END OF A FEUD WITHOUT INTERFERENCE. All the usual people had full access to this match. Was there even a point in having the match inside the Cell?

And of course, Cena wins, continuing his path to what the WWE portends to be Ric Flair's title record - losing his way back to the top. Yes, I am fully aware that he won his match with Orton tonight - but he still lost his way to a title shot. Between the booking and the commentary, it's becoming clearer and clearer that even the most remote sense of logic within that company packed its bags and left town a long long time ago.

haha so true

A Hell in a Cell match just ended via outside interference.

strobogo

Banned
Only watched up to the start of Usos/Rhodesesese. I went to see John Wick instead. Friends, John Wick is That Motherfucker. The biggest That Motherfucker in a motion picture in quite a while. On top of his world class head shot accuracy, he also does a mother fucking FINLAY ROLL in the middle of a fight.

Ms. Perkins is the next UFC Lightheavyweight champion. Impeccable ground game on that broad. Big Sex OUTTA NOWHERE. Freamon OUTTA NOWHERE. Lt. Daniels OUTTA NOWHERE. Willam DaFoe OUTTA NOWHERE.

Kanyon Cutter OUTTA NOWHERE! BANG!

I feel this post can be turned into a good 15+ minute video.

Only watched up to the start of Usos/Rhodesesese. I went to see John Wick instead. Friends, John Wick is That Motherfucker. The biggest That Motherfucker in a motion picture in quite a while. On top of his world class head shot accuracy, he also does a mother fucking FINLAY ROLL in the middle of a fight.

Ms. Perkins is the next UFC Lightheavyweight champion. Impeccable ground game on that broad. Big Sex OUTTA NOWHERE. Freamon OUTTA NOWHERE. Lt. Daniels OUTTA NOWHERE. Willam DaFoe OUTTA NOWHERE.

I really wanna see it

strobogo

Banned
Can't believe I forgot that That Motherfucker has a god damn ROBOCOP gun.

I haven't seen the main event, but the very first HIAC ended with outside interference. Seems like a weird thing to bitch about now.

joeposh

Typical WWE.

TLC and Hell in a Cell, the gimmick PPVs that need to go away, will probably stay but Elimination Chamber - the one gimmick PPV besides Royal Rumble that's worth a damn, goes away. Elimination Chamber just needs to be a different time of the year.

Agreed. The gimmick match PPV's suck because they strip those stipulations of any novelty and gravitas. Saving a TLC or HiaC stipulation for the rare feud that warrants them is what made them special. They were ways to end a particularly intense/elongated rivalry. Now it's just something on the calendar like "laundry day".

Royal Rumble and Money in the Bank are different, because in theory they serve to elevate new talent into the main event picture. Elimination Chamber as a dedicated PPV is not a bad concept either, the timing just sucks. It needs to get out of the Road to Wrestlemania timeline, and move to a time of year where the title picture isn't quite as obvious.

In fact, I think WWE would be better served by killing Hell in a Cell and slotting Elimination Chamber in its place. That gives you a wide open main event PPV to follow Night of Champions, and set up potential factions and rivalries for Survivor Series.

Not entirely sure what should be done with TLC, but I would love to see some sort of "New Blood" (I know, I know) PPV in which every challenger to a title would have never held it before (slotted after one of the big 4 PPVs). It would create for some compelling TV in advance of the PPV as people jockey to lock down the challenger slot, and title holders just to game the system in their favor -- you'd also allow non-title feuds to continue or branch out into new stips.

I think Bray's gimmick is just fine, but he hasn't been able to work it with someone to the next level.
1. The Cena feud had two problems. Most fans hate Cena, so Wyatt comes across as the face. Second, Cena is not good enough to help sell the gimmick.
2. Bray needs to do something truly horrible, but he may be constrained by the PG show. Can you think of anything he has done that has sold him as a main heel? He's just a crazy southern street preacher.
I still think he has potential, but they need to remember Bray is a heel, and they need to push that. Smokey apparitions and speaking in tongues is just creepy at best, no different than the bloodbaths the brood used to give people.

It was dumb for them to even give bray a singles push in the first place. the wyatt family should have been booked as a team through mania until now. bray is pretty mediocre when completely solo. bray just doesn't have anyone to feud with I feel. Ambrose is really the only guy and I'm unsure if anything interesting is going to come out of it.

The problem with bray is that his gimmick doesn't hold up well with most of the roster.

really the only reason bray was over was because his gimmick, look and timing with bryan worked. Bryan was really over and the wyatt family in his way right before the build towards WM added a lot of suspense to the feud. Teased heel turn for bryan helped along with the authority stoyline being open.

pretty much the authority and the wyatt family have no one to work with right now. ambrose would have been great feuding with hhh but guess they will save that for WM.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!

It's a really fun movie, I loved it. It had one of my favorite action movie tropes of someone drowning in a sink. A+.

strobogo

Banned
I was actually going to PM you and tell you I was wrong and a dick about the fappening shit and that you should come home to Wrasslegaf

Gorillaz

oh shit I forgot HIAC was tonight. Do we hate it...hate hate it or barely like it to the point we might hate it down the road on afterthought?

Better than Ouija?

I was actually going to PM you and tell you I was wrong and a dick about the fappening shit and that you should come home to Wrasslegaf
It was the video game thread that made me come back haha. I couldn't believe people were defending this game. But yeah everything's cool now. I probably should have tried to explain my points and stuff more instead of blowing up and refusing to put you over in canada

strobogo

Banned
It was the video game thread that made me come back haha. I couldn't believe people were defending this game. But yeah everything's cool now. I probably should have tried to explain my points and stuff more instead of blowing up and refusing to put you over in canada

It's cool, lady brah. Your points were clear and made sense, I just didn't see the big deal at that moment. Welcome back to the thread. Bean has left, so you came back at a good time.

Why is Cena always so shocked when someone kicks out of the FU? When is the last time on PPV that someone lost to the first or even second FU?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I.... I.... I can't disagree with this unfortunately.

Except that Kane only dreams of being as good of a mic worker as Bray is
Bray is a good mic worker, but he's never delivered a promo anywhere near as good as Kane's promos from 2010. He's never delivered something as good as this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAAlSLnsXBw

I think Bray's promos are great, but they're very samey, and usually just gibberish.

This dudes talking about a damn crawling mechanic in the 2k15 thread. This is the dude that said wwe 2k12 was his favorite wrestling game until 14 came out.

Can we please have Creepy Johnny Curtis back on TV? The roster is so dry. Bring him baaaack.
It's time for RAW to get weird
Is Bray's entire point of existing is to ruin other people's established storylines and rob them of a conclusion?

First he did it with Bryan right in the middle of his authority feud.

Then he did it with Sina so he removes him from the title hunt, and from a rematch with Orton.

And now he does it with Ambrose so he doesn't get closure with Seth.

This guy's a fucking cunt.

A new age Kane.

Can't wait for the "Bray in 2025" posts.

Bray did free Punk from the Punkverse, so I think that excuses the other three

Bray is a good mic worker, but he's never delivered a promo anywhere near as good as Kane's promos from 2010. He's never delivered something as good as this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAAlSLnsXBw

I think Bray's promos are great, but they're very samey, and usually just gibberish.
That promo is great but Wyatt is just consistently good. Also this is petty but I feel like Kane and Randy Orton have the same exact voice and it's distracting. But I'm sure the promo Wyatt will give when he actually has something to brag about will be fantastic.

Why are people attacking WWE 2K15 so vehemently? The Yukes streak of quality is second only to the Undertaker's. This is a developer who consistently under-promises and over-delivers.

In other news, I'm proud to announce that I've found my soul-mate, the lady from the Southwest Airlines commercial: My beating heart bounds with exulting motion

Do you think she will go to the junior prom with me? y/n

Top Bottom