• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
If they want HiaC matches to feel special and they can't really sell the brutality of it, they could at least make it seem final in the sense that there's going to be no escape and minimal interference.

I do wish they'd fire their soulless dead commentary team. Fuck. I hate all of them. Why are they all robots? Is emotion banned? Really good commentary would have made more people into those matches I bet.

Just, good lord. does no one listen to it? How could they listen to them and think that those three will raise any excitement at all?

see i'm good at complaining

Ithil

His upcoming feud with Sheamus again? I missed that, honestly, unless it was scrapped really early.

No, the other feuds. A midcard match at WM is not built up months out. The main events are.
Lesnar/Taker, Batista/Orton, Cena/Bray and Punk/HHH were visibly being built up. No sign of Bryan.

Sephzilla

cSZHxdK.gif

right click - save

I do wish they'd fire their soulless dead commentary team. Fuck. I hate all of them. Why are they all robots? Is emotion banned? Really good commentary would have made more people into those matches I bet.

Just, good lord. does no one listen to it? How could they listen to them and think that those three will raise any excitement at all?

see i'm good at complaining

what got me was after the AA-into-RKO spot JBL was like "I've never seen anything like that before"

Except that very same spot was in the highlight package they played right before the match.

Big One

Banned
You know for a board that's all about supporting the new generation with guys like Wyatt, Ambrose, Rollins, Reigns, Ziggler, Cesaro whatever I don't get why there's such a need for butthurt over the ending.

1. Ambrose completely decimated Rollins in the match. The match was exactly what it was supposed to be, until the end.
2. Rollins still looked strong as he was able to take some pretty hard bumps as was Ambrose. Rollins sneaking in for an easy pin also establishes him as a chickenshit heel.
3. Wyatt needs to be built up as something relevant again. Do not be surprised if Wyatt goes over Ambrose. Ambrose made a good program out of Rollins and surely he'll do the same with Wyatt as well.
4. The feud with Ambrose and Rollins is still unresolved, leaving potential matches up in the air, meaning both guys are going to be making a lot of money Ambrose might feel he has to get past Bray Wyatt to get to Rollins.
5. The current Ambrose and Rollins stuff has been getting rather stale and repetitive so separating the two gives them angles and time to stay away from each other to build them up for another potential feud or big match.
6. This was a screwy finish, but it includes three new gen guys an no one else. All Kane did was shoot Ambrose with the fire extinguisher and all Rollins' lackies did was take bumps. When was the last time we got a finish like this, in the era where screwy finishes are dominated by old fucks like Kane, Batista, and Triple H?

I liked it, though maybe because I don't get as angry over stuff as some other people.

I haven't been watching RAW that much because of the repetitive shit, so I welcome a break from the norm for once and the return of Bray Wyatt will freshen up the program.

Ithil

Like I said, I wouldn't mind at all, if they hadn't done the same "guy appears at the last second to screw Ambrose" ending at three other confrontations with Rollins already.

imBask

Banned
If they want HiaC matches to feel special and they can't really sell the brutality of it, they could at least make it seem final in the sense that there's going to be no escape and minimal interference.

the HiaC PPV is done anyway according to metsfan and Meltzer

damn that ending was unexpected, i'm kinda okay with this if Rollins goes after Orton

Sephzilla

I think wwe needs to watch the monday night war

Monday Night War is really awkward for me to watch because modern WWE is so obviously making the exact same mistakes WCW made. Even my girlfriend who only half pays attention to WWE has said to me "this sounds like shit WWE does now" in regards to talking about WCW's mistakes.

You know for a board that's all about supporting the new generation with guys like Wyatt, Ambrose, Rollins, Reigns, Ziggler, Cesaro whatever I don't get why there's such a need for butthurt over the ending.

1. Ambrose completely decimated Rollins in the match. The match was exactly what it was supposed to be, until the end.
2. Rollins still looked strong as he was able to take some pretty hard bumps as was Ambrose. Rollins sneaking in for an easy pin also establishes him as a chickenshit heel.
3. Wyatt needs to be built up as something relevant again. Do not be surprised if Wyatt goes over Ambrose. Ambrose made a good program out of Rollins and surely he'll do the same with Wyatt as well.
4. The feud with Ambrose and Rollins is still unresolved, leaving potential matches up in the air, meaning both guys are going to be making a lot of money Ambrose might feel he has to get past Bray Wyatt to get to Rollins.
5. The current Ambrose and Rollins stuff has been getting rather stale and repetitive so separating the two gives them angles and time to stay away from each other to build them up for another potential feud or big match.
6. This was a screwy finish, but it includes three new gen guys an no one else. All Kane did was shoot Ambrose with the fire extinguisher and all Rollins' lackies did was take bumps. When was the last time we got a finish like this, in the era where screwy finishes are dominated by old fucks like Kane, Batista, and Triple H?

I liked it, though maybe because I don't get as angry over stuff as some other people.

I haven't been watching RAW that much because of the repetitive shit, so I welcome a break from the norm for once and the return of Bray Wyatt will freshen up the program.
Excellent post, I agree.

Thorakai

So did the crowd just get a full view of the set-up for the Bray interference? Shit was bright as hell when they cut back from the black screen. Seemed like Bray was suppose to "attack out of nowhere" too like we were suppose to be distracted by the fog ghost or whatever.

Sephzilla

1 and 2 i'll agree with you on.

3 - Wyatt can be built up to be something relevant without shitting on the endings of other matches.

4 - The Rollins/Ambrose feud has dragged on too long at this point. It's one part Cena leaching and one part Ambrose constantly getting screwed over.

5 - See #4. Reigniting the feud a few months down the line probably isn't going to do anything special. What made the feud so good was because Ambrose was in a red hot blood rage the entire time.

6 - A badly written ending is a badly written ending regardless of who is involved.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
No, the other feuds. A midcard match at WM is not built up months out. The main events are.
Lesnar/Taker, Batista/Orton, Cena/Bray and Punk/HHH were visibly being built up. No sign of Bryan.

Punk wasn't running any program with HHH/authority when he quit, so that wasn't visibly built up at all. The Bryan/Authority feud was never fully resolved. Hadn't punk just finished his run with Bork at the time. I'm pretty sure he hadn't interacted with HHH since the whole Kevin Nash/Laurenitis thing

Monday Night War is really awkward for me to watch because modern WWE is so obviously making the exact same mistakes WCW made. Even my girlfriend who only half pays attention to WWE has said to me "this sounds like shit WWE does now" in regards to talking about WCW's mistakes.

Yeah it's mind boggling to say the least

Sephzilla

Yeah they're replacing Elimination Chamber with a new PPV called "Fast Lane".

Typical WWE.

TLC and Hell in a Cell, the gimmick PPVs that need to go away, will probably stay but Elimination Chamber - the one gimmick PPV besides Royal Rumble that's worth a damn, goes away. Elimination Chamber just needs to be a different time of the year.

Moa

Punk wasn't running any program with HHH/authority when he quit, so that wasn't visibly built up at all. The Bryan/Authority feud was never fully resolved. Hadn't punk just finished his run with Bork at the time. I'm pretty sure he hadn't interacted with HHH since the whole Kevin Nash/Laurenitis thing

Kane was with the authority when he got Punk eliminated from the rumble, right?

That was laying the seeds for a Punk/HHH fued.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I thought it was a pretty good show overall. I bit predictable, but hey, that's current day WWE for you. I liked the end, the lantern with the smoke and the projection looked really bad ass. Wyatt/Ambrose could have some amazing promos and matches, I hope it elevates both of them. Not excited in the slightest for Cena vs Brock 3. Everyone knows Cena is going to get the last laugh. I almost hope it comes at their next meeting so we get something new and fresh for WM.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Kane was with the authority when he got Punk eliminated from the rumble, right?

That was laying the seeds for a Punk/HHH fued.

Thats right, forgot all about that. Kane is always interfering in someone's match, its hard to keep track.

EDIT: Was it just specifically punk or did he eliminate anyone else?

How was HiaC? Sounds pretty good based on the spoilers I read, minus AJ/Paige and Show/Rusev.

it was good for the most part. skip cena/orton unless you just really like cena and orton matches. The commentary almost kills the main event but it's still p decent, just not great. The ending is cool.

Is Bray's entire point of existing is to ruin other people's established storylines and rob them of a conclusion?

First he did it with Bryan right in the middle of his authority feud.

Then he did it with Sina so he removes him from the title hunt, and from a rematch with Orton.

And now he does it with Ambrose so he doesn't get closure with Seth.

This guy's a fucking cunt.

A new age Kane.

Can't wait for the "Bray in 2025" posts.

I actually agree with all of this

Only reason Bray was over because he was working with Bryan. Granted his gimmick was much more fresh at the time but it obviously had no legs. Some will blame the cena feud but I don't know. It's a big "what if" thinking about bray winning that feud but it doesn't matter at his point. fact of the matter is bray is flat and can't take a job without falling apart and being removed from tv for a month.

My perspective:

1/2 This match for me was supposed to be about the two putting on a show as they have done when they have fought each other. Nothing more, nothing less. I couldn't have cared less about who came out on top.

3. Sure, but not by injecting him into a feud he has no business being a part of.

4. See above.

5. I disagree. Every time those two get together, its been entertaining as fuck. And Dean is just getting back from filming his movie, so he had been absent from this feud for a while.

6.It was a terrible finish. No other way to putting it.

Moa

Thats right, forgot all about that. Kane is always interfering in someone's match, its hard to keep track.

Plus there's that time when Randy pushed Punk in the face, Punk attacked Randy, HHH pulled Punk off him and then Punk attacked HHH.

I think that was the RAW before TLC when they unified the titles?

No idea if that was laying the seeds or just a poke of fun at their 2011 fued.

Was it just specifically punk or did he eliminate anyone else?
Just Punk. I think they were feuding a little bit before that night too?

Sephzilla

Is Bray's entire point of existing is to ruin other people's established storylines and rob them of a conclusion?

Then he did it with Sina so he removes him from the title hunt, and from a rematch with Orton.

A new age Kane.

I.... I.... I can't disagree with this unfortunately.

Except that Kane only dreams of being as good of a mic worker as Bray is

Ithil

Uh, yes he was? Literally Punk's last bit of screentime on WWE TV was getting pulled out of the Rumble by Kane.
He was in the middle of building to the HHH feud.

It started at the Slammies during that big brawl at the end, where Punk decked HHH for disrespecting him. Then Punk was working his way through the Shield, and Kane, and the other Authortiy goons, to presumably start with HHH shortly after the Rumble. But then he quit.

How was HiaC? Sounds pretty good based on the spoilers I read, minus AJ/Paige and Show/Rusev.

Cesaro/Ziggler is pretty good.

Rest is meh.

Ambrose/Rollins is a good HIAC match, minus the finish. Not a great "pure wrestling" match, but if you miss the Attitude Era "brawl" type main events, you should enjoy this match.

A new age Kane.

God I feel dirty agreeing with Bionic-Arm

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I.... I.... I can't disagree with this unfortunately.

Except that Kane only dreams of being as good of a mic worker as Bray is

I think Bray's gimmick is just fine, but he hasn't been able to work it with someone to the next level.
1. The Cena feud had two problems. Most fans hate Cena, so Wyatt comes across as the face. Second, Cena is not good enough to help sell the gimmick.
2. Bray needs to do something truly horrible, but he may be constrained by the PG show. Can you think of anything he has done that has sold him as a main heel? He's just a crazy southern street preacher.
I still think he has potential, but they need to remember Bray is a heel, and they need to push that. Smokey apparitions and speaking in tongues is just creepy at best, no different than the bloodbaths the brood used to give people.

Top Bottom