• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

Fox318

cena.gif
Amazing how somebody can be the top guy and not learn how to take a turnbuckle

Aiii

So not worth it
Amazing how somebody can be the top guy and not learn how to take a turnbuckle

He knows, he just doesn't want to take it. He's working "safe".

Honestly, I've suspected Cena has been working injured for at least 3 or 4 years and just doesn't dare to take any long amount of time off to heal, or isn't allowed to.

wasn't the crowd booing? The crowd never boos unless it's Rusev and that's because he's a commie. They're usually always dead until the piped in lets go cena chants start.

i could have just been hearing things

The booing really kicked in when Bray returned. I think everyone wanted to see the match between Ambrose and Rollins resolved properly. I imagine people felt robbed.

Bray's return was effective but I wish it had come during a match I didn't give two shits about.

I'm personally tired of gimmick matched themed PPVs. All I need are Rumble and Money in the Bank. Survivor Series has lost its meaning and that was a good one.

I really hope they are getting rid of the Elimination Chamber PPV.

Anyone watching British Bootcamp? Some disgraceful mic skills on this weeks episode, Mark Andrews looked good though and is clearly being positioned as the star of the thing.

I'm trying to think of a suitable Survivor Series match. Something with a Russia vs America theme would be good.

I just don't know who to put with Rusev besides Cesaro.

Ithil

COmmentary is truly hideous in WWE. Not only the ignoring matches, bickering, obnoxious heel commentary, but even when they try to commentate on the match (only the main events) they suck. They sound bored, and disinterested, or like they're calling a chess match in the park.

The combination of the crappy crowd and the awful commentary hurt the main event which, with a hot crowd and excited commentary, probably would have been very memorable.

darkbanjo

Anyone watching British Bootcamp? Some disgraceful mic skills on this weeks episode, Mark Andrews looked good though and is clearly being positioned as the star of the thing.

Unsure if I want to see Mark Andrews hop on what looks like a sinking ship, but the guy deserves all the success he gets. Seems like a really good guy.

Well overall that was a pretty damn entertaining PPV!

Tag team match was the low point for me, got really boring although the Usos seem to be popular with the crowd.

Mizdow was fantastic, just the right amount of stupidity. I hope they don't run it into the ground though.

Rusev was amazing to watch. Loved that match, can't recall the last time I loved a match with Big Show. Hope he has a good run.

I enjoyed watching Orton again, like people are saying, he seems to give a shit atm. Feels like he's making the most of his matches. Would have been cool to see him against Brock and give us a rest from Cena. Oh well.

Main event was awesome. Was as great as I could expect in the PG era. They really need to revamp the cell, maybe make it smaller?
In any case it was a massive blue balls moment for them to screw the end of the feud. I was ready for it to be over and for the 2 boys to go onto bigger and better things but nope, WWE need their backup plan I guess.

Bray being back should be fun. Good timing as well since Orton v Rollins looks to be getting both wrestlers while they are keen.

EDIT: Oh yeah totally forgot there was commentary lol. Would love to see them toss all 3 of them out and start fresh, has Booker T done any in the past? He seems like a possibility.

Marvel

could never
Orton and Cena wasn't as shit as I thought it would be and the Seth/Ambrose match more than delivered for me.

Welcome back eater of worlds.

Aiii

So not worth it
COmmentary is truly hideous in WWE. Not only the ignoring matches, bickering, obnoxious heel commentary, but even when they try to commentate on the match (only the main events) they suck. They sound bored, and disinterested, or like they're calling a chess match in the park.

The combination of the crappy crowd and the awful commentary hurt the main event which, with a hot crowd and excited commentary, probably would have been very memorable.

What bothers me a lot, and it happened last night as well is how they give away near-falls with their commentary. Like King will go "Oh my god, he's got him." and then Cole goes, "This is it. [guy] has won this fight" and JBL goes "He beat him Maggle." and you just know nothing is going to happen.

JR had this thing where he didn't want to know the outcomes of matches so his commentary would sound more genuine, that should be standard protocol.

Then again, WWE matches have gotten so predictable I'm not sure they actually know anything and just anticipate things like the rest of us.

Sephzilla

Orton and Cena wasn't as shit as I thought it would be

I actually thought Orton was entertaining during the match, which feels weird to say. I kept waiting for the predictable Cena spots to happen (AA onto the steps, for example) and they kept not happening.

HIAC also had a trend of one guy utterly dominating a match and then ultimately losing. Cesaro dominated Ziggler. Orton dominated Cena. Paige dominated AJ. Ambrose dominated Rolllins. All of those people lost.

Honestly, I've suspected Cena has been working injured for at least 3 or 4 years and just doesn't dare to take any long amount of time off to heal, or isn't allowed to.

Hell this would explain how he's miraculously able to come back so fast any time he is injured.

In all actuality he probably just takes really good care of his body and it heels super fast naturally

Or he's on some very good drugs

Unsure if I want to see Mark Andrews hop on what looks like a sinking ship, but the guy deserves all the success he gets. Seems like a really good guy.

I was thinking about it while watching the show last night, it's a no lose for those guys really. If TNA survives/thrives, as unlikely as that would be, they're on a worldwide platform. If they don't win or TNA dies, then they've just boosted their status in the UK just by being on the show.

darkbanjo

I was thinking about it while watching the show last night, it's a no lose for those guys really. If TNA survives/thrives, as unlikely as that would be, they're on a worldwide platform. If they don't win or TNA dies, then they've just boosted their status in the UK just by being on the show.

Yeah, I imagine participating to any extent is probably a huge boost for some of these guys. Even some like Grado who has a big following and is well known will probably benefit a lot from the exposure.

Ithil

Yes, they systemically ruined every single near-fall all night.
"This, viewers, is 100% the end of the match with this pinfall right here. Yes sir. There definitely won't be any kickout here, the match is definitely over"

Or the worst, "We have a new champion!" before the pinfall has even started. Any time they say that, it means it's not the end. I mean, the guy is going to kick out in less than three seconds time when they say this, what is the point of telegraphing that?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sure you nerds got upset when Vince would say ONE TWO ANNNND THREE DID HE GET HIM? NO!

Aiii

So not worth it
Hell this would explain how he's miraculously able to come back so fast any time he is injured.

In all actuality he probably just takes really good care of his body and it heels super fast naturally

Or he's on some very good drugs

Heh, injured wasn't the right word I suppose. I guess "hurt" would be more fitting. I think the guy's hurting.

I'm sure you nerds got upset when Vince would say ONE TWO ANNNND THREE DID HE GET HIM? NO!

Well, it definitely wasn't Vince at his best.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly I can't believe the amount of crying in here about last night. Everything made sense, except the challenger to the IC title, Cesaro, asking for a 2/3 falls stipulation that means he has to beat the champion twice.

Sephzilla

Heh, injured wasn't the right word I suppose. I guess "hurt" would be more fitting. I think the guy's hurting.

I suspect that eventually father time is going to catch up to Cena hard. His body might just give up on him at one point and just never heal right.

Vince was the Michael Cole of the early 90s.

Aiii

So not worth it
Honestly I can't believe the amount of crying in here about last night. Everything made sense, except the challenger to the IC title, Cesaro, asking for a 2/3 falls stipulation that means he has to beat the champion twice.

It was fine. It was a show.

Match quality hasn't been WWE's problem.

Hasney

Eh, 2 fun matches that we've seen on TV a ton and a bullshit end to a decent main event. it was alright for a $9.99 episode of Raw.

joelseph

It didn't make sense to block the payoff for the one build people were looking forward too.

Ithil

Crying is the wrong word. I liked the PPV, I found the ending tiresome as they've overdone it, especially when the last month had nothing but lame DQ endings, so you'd think you'd finally get a clean ending, but nope, more shenanigans.

If they hadn't been doing so many DQs and screwjob endings the last three months, Bray's return might have been better to see.

The rest of the PPV was good, except for that same-old-shit Cena/Orton match.

You know, a lot of issues would be solved if Bray Wyatt was working for the Authority, like some monster they set loose. "Yeah, but he's a mysterious character!" you say. No, so far he's an insecure asshole who has a problem with people for vague reasons that don't lead to any satisfying story conclusions.

Striker

Guess I'll watch it. Skip through parts that are talk.

-Cesaro and Ziggler was good. The promo on their YT page was really good, both men putting another over and the title. But the difference is how lame they're used on TV and how meaningless the title always feels. No different. Who does Ziggler face next?

-Tag match was fine. Nothing I haven't seen before, especially by the Usos. The tag division is beyond bad.

-Cena and Orton, again. 5mod counted by an RKO was funny. Got old when the outta-nowhere's happened a dozen more times. Lame.

-Bella match was surprisingly fairly good. AJ-Paige boring again.

-Sandow was hilarious. Didn't pay attention to Miz or Sheamus. Shoe and Rusev was fine. Kind of tired of the angle though.

-Ambrose and Rollins was good. Ending is just terrible. You know the Kane debut in the very first HiaC match worked because of the narrative and because Paul Bearer is a badass. This one sucked.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
chiming in, Kane is one of the worst promo cutters in the WWE. The idea of a Kane fan criticizing Bray for his promos sounding the same is strange when Kane's promos consist of slowly saying his opponents name, saying in an awkward, stilted way about how he will suffer and then laughing in the fakest possible way while the camera holds onto the shot for far too long.

Sephzilla

Ambrose beats Cena to fight Rollins - Cena gets rewarded for his loss with a #1 contenders match.

Ambrose finally gets Rollins one on one in a cell with no interference - we get interference from someone who wasn't even involved in the feud.

How does this make sense?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ambrose beats Cena to fight Rollins - Cena gets rewarded for his loss with a #1 contenders match.

Ambrose finally gets Rollins one on one in a cell with no interference - we get interference from someone who wasn't even involved in the feud.

How does this make sense?

Standard HIAC shenanigans, nothing new there. Made sense to keep the finish from being truly finished. Puts Rollins clearly in with Orton for a while which will be fun, since Orton doesn't get Lesnar, and Ambrose/Wyatt will be a much needed shot in the arm for Wyatt, and gives Ambrose time to keep building his character that has been a bit of a guilty pleasure for me considering how much I used to hate him. He's a lot like Terry Funk.

Aiii

So not worth it
Going to see WWE Live for the first time. Anyone here know what it's like, what it'll be about, etc?

Bunch of matches back to back, crowd pleasing spots, just all around a good time for everyone. WWE Live is a lot of fun, enjoy!

guys, I just woke up with this weird "cena's gonna win the 3rd match" taste in my mouth, how do I get rid of it

It's gonna happen, accept it and move on.

Sephzilla

Standard HIAC shenanigans, nothing new there. Made sense to keep the finish from being truly finished. Puts Rollins clearly in with Orton for a while which will be fun, since Orton doesn't get Lesnar, and Ambrose/Wyatt will be a much needed shot in the arm for Wyatt, and gives Ambrose time to keep building his character that has been a bit of a guilty pleasure for me considering how much I used to hate him. He's a lot like Terry Funk.

But the whole point of the match, and the reason Ambrose had to beat Cena, was to finish the Ambrose/Rollins story.

There's no reason they couldn't have finished that story. Rollins would still have the briefcase so taking a loss doesn't hurt him and he can go on to fight Orton. Bray can attack Ambrose tonight on Raw and start that feud. This ending did nothing except hurt Ambrose.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
But the whole point of the match, and the reason Ambrose had to beat Cena, was to finish the Ambrose/Rollins story

Why finish it when you can do another 3 or 6 month feud later? Good place to stop it and keep it hot for later. Unfinished business. Both guys looked great coming out of it, and so did Wyatt. Relevant again.

Sephzilla

Why finish it when you can do another 3 or 6 month feud later? Good place to stop it and keep it hot for later.

Except the Ambrose/Rollins feud was losing steam fast and needed to be wrapped up. A huge part of what made the feud was that Ambrose was in a red hot fury over The Shield imploding and he just wouldn't let up on Rollins. Having Ambrose go off to fight Wyatt for a few months effectively means he stopped caring about Rollins, which undercuts the entire motivation behind the Ambrose/Rollins feud. The eventual unfinished business angle they'll do will most likely make little sense and not remotely live up to their current feud.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Except the Ambrose/Rollins feud was losing steam fast and needed to be wrapped up. A huge part of what made the feud was that Ambrose was in a red hot fury over The Shield imploding and he just wouldn't let up on Rollins. Having Ambrose go off to fight Wyatt for a few months effectively means he stopped caring about Rollins, which undercuts the entire motivation behind the Ambrose/Rollins feud.

We'll see what happens tonight, not that I have faith they'll provide great motivation for it, but Wyatt's special and can come up with something really good for Ambrose to shift focus, if anyone can at least. I've got faith in Wyatt being able to do that, and being allowed to do that.

Sephzilla

We'll see what happens tonight, not that I have faith they'll provide great motivation for it, but Wyatt's special and can come up with something really good for Ambrose to shift focus, if anyone can at least. I've got faith in Wyatt being able to do that, and being allowed to do that.

Well I agree that Wyatt and Ambrose can make it interesting. I just don't see why they couldn't have waited until tonight to start up the feud.

Top Bottom