• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well I agree that Wyatt and Ambrose can make it interesting. I just don't see why they couldn't have waited until tonight to start up the feud.

I honestly think the only reason why they didn't want to wait is so they can revisit Ambrose/Rollins further on down the line.

Regardless, HIAC was main evented by new dudes and Wyatt being another new dude, we should be celebrating that fact.

Hasney

I wish they'd saved the Wyatt stuff for tonight rather than the match. A clean win for either guy would have done a lot and there's enough heat there to go back to the well in the future, maybe a WM program or something.

Aiii

So not worth it
We'll see what happens tonight, not that I have faith they'll provide great motivation for it, but Wyatt's special and can come up with something really good for Ambrose to shift focus, if anyone can at least. I've got faith in Wyatt being able to do that, and being allowed to do that.

Creative has been so bad lately I don't expect any great things as far as motivation goes. If any two guys can make good things come out of shit creative, its these two though, so I do think they'll make it work, somehow, at least.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So weird seeing a PPV without a title match. Especially after watching 96 Raws where Bret is pretty much the polar opposite of Brock and wrestles everybody, including IC champions.

Sephzilla

Regardless, HIAC was main evented by new dudes and Wyatt being another new dude, we should be celebrating that fact.

Outside of not having a good finish IMO, yeah, I was happy (and surprised) that Ambrose/Rollins went on last. Granted I wonder how much of the reason they went on last was due to the fact that their ending required cutting a hole in the ring.

Totally unrelated - Bayonetta 2 is fucking crazy

Ithil

Why finish it when you can do another 3 or 6 month feud later? Good place to stop it and keep it hot for later. Unfinished business. Both guys looked great coming out of it, and so did Wyatt. Relevant again.

It's not hot, though, the feud has lost a ton of steam in the last month (mainly because it's been five months since the Shield breakup and Ambrose is still looking for revenge and not getting it). It was the right time, and right build for Ambrose to beat Rollins there. Plus there's no reason you can't end this particular feud, because their rivalry isn't over and won't be over probably for their whole WWE careers. You can have Ambrose get his win over Rollins now and return to the rivalry later. The feud ending doesn't mean the rivalry is over.

But for it to be nearly a year on from the Shield ending (if this is picked back up circa WM) and Ambrose STILL hasn't gotten his revenge on Rollins, or beaten him? This is a career level rivalry, there's no need to drag out the initial reason for the feud forever and keep denying any victory to Ambrose. You're not going to be able to sell the initial rage/fury from Ambrose getting betrayed 10 or 11 months on. By then it should be something different.

I mean, how many times has Cena beaten Orton in a feud? Four? Five? Now that rivalry is total ass, but it is an example. Austin won three separate feuds with the Rock during their time on top, but they remained rivals throughout, with Rock winning the fourth one.

Aiii

So not worth it
So weird seeing a PPV without a title match. Especially after watching 96 Raws where Bret is pretty much the polar opposite of Brock and wrestles everybody, including IC champions.

To be fair, the last one wasn't that long ago, Payback last June, with Bryan out injured.

The idea of Brock as a dominant champ worked if he showed up at every PPV and at least one Raw.

If he can't bothered to show for months on end it's really hard to give a shit. Heyman can only do so much.

This was a great idea but it's now a failed project. That Undertaker rub is also going to be lost as well.

They also really botched Brock's momentum with that Night of Champions mess.

Why couldn't they wait after the match? Ambrose looks like a goofball staring at the Yetaaay portal.

He Is the tyoe of guy who would run head first into it. Plus supernatural stuff had never been good. Did we all for get the Kane / Bryan fued.

kiguel182

I have no idea what to think of that ending. On one hand it was awesome and I'm glad Wyatt is back and in a good way.

On another this feud deserved an actual ending and an Ambrose victory. The story was all set up and they just needed to have him win clean. They could've Wyatt appear AFTER Ambrose winning, when he was celebrating for example.

It's also a shame that these guys are doing an amazing job but Cena still gets to face Lesnar and it's on the main-event. They really need to give them the ball completely.

Orton/Cena was better than I expected I admit. I do not want to see any of them facing Lesnar but the match itself was okay.

Also, nice win by Rusev, the best babyface they have now and Cesaro is a fucking beast, great match. Shame that Sheamus won but Mizdow is still doing an amazing job.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm ok with Lesnar not being at every PPV defending as well, really. It DOES make each matchup have some gravity that it didn't before. I reckon Cener will go for Survivor Series, and then loses again, and Lesnar hits someone else big at the Royal Ramble. Lesnar should be champ through Mania, and we'll see what happens. That's what I'd like to see, at least.

I would like to see Rusev take that goddamn US Title already. Or even that and the IC belt, it would add to his "global" dominance.

So I just noticed got a tag about he best tag team in NXT . lol

Oh god beg for a new one. I was about to be supremely jealous if it was The Ascension.

Ithil

The idea of Brock as a dominant champ worked if he showed up at every PPV and at least one Raw.

If he can't bothered to show for months on end it's really hard to give a shit. Heyman can only do so much.

This was a great idea but it's now a failed project. That Undertaker rub is also going to be lost as well.

They also really botched Brock's momentum with that Night of Champions mess.

If this next title shot is Brock's last til Mania, his entire title reign that is supposed to build to Reigns becoming the top guy consisted of:

The title win (over Cena)
Two matches with Cena
The title loss (to Reigns)

Given the idea is supposed to be that Reigns will be your top guy for years and thus bring you tons of money over a long period, you can't splash out in the short term and put some extra dates in Lesnar's schedule to give him 4-5 title defences with varying opponents to make his title reign super hot and whoever ending it (Reigns) getting the biggest win possible?
All they've done is make the WWE title ice cold.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I want Kurt to come back in his delusional(real life) gimmick where he challenges Rusev, and Rusev just murders him. Breaks his legs and spine and puts him back in the wheelchair.
tumblr_nca882cUQc1sj4xr4o1_400.jpg

53dce6aac90e8c34dc000iydi4.gif

I'd watch Raw for that.

Sephzilla

Lesnar's run has been ruined as far as I'm concerned, the dirty finish at Night of Champions really hurt him. He should have destroyed at least two more contenders after Cena at SummerSlam.

Sephzilla

The Rusev angle is perfectly set up for a return of Kurt Angle as the real american hero. In reality, it's going to be an excuse for Cena to sell a star spangled banner "never give up" t-shirt.

Ithil

Lesnar's run has been ruined as far as I'm concerned, the dirty finish at Night of Champions really hurt him. He should have destroyed at least two more contenders after Cena at SummerSlam.

And what did it accomplish? Other than hurting Brock hugely and undoing what Summerslam was supposed to accomplish?

This title reign isn't about Cena, it's (for now) about Reigns. So why the fuck is Cena more or less beating Brock and getting DQ'd? If Reigns is supposed to be the next face of the company, then throwing Cena under the bus in regards to Brock is absolutely the right thing to do, because it makes Reigns' win bigger. He's the future, in their eyes, making Cena the past.

Cena shouldn't even be a factor here, instead they've taken all the wind out of Brock's sails for the purposes of keeping Cena strong because....that's what they do.

I don't even like Reigns and I know this is stupid and shouldn't have been done.

Ithil

Exactly. If it wasn't preordained that Cena will be the guy that beats Rusev, wasting a year of our time, that would actually cause some excitement, Rusev has been built up as a legitimate monster really well.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You guys are really, really being hyperbolic about Bork being ruined. All it takes is one appearance and all is right with the world.

Sephzilla

And what did it accomplish? Other than hurting Brock hugely and undoing what Summerslam was supposed to accomplish?

This title reign isn't about Cena, it's (for now) about Reigns. So why the fuck is Cena more or less beating Brock and getting DQ'd? If Reigns is supposed to be the next face of the company, then throwing Cena under the bus in regards to Brock is absolutely the right thing to do, because it makes Reigns' win bigger. He's the future, in their eyes, making Cena the past.

Cena shouldn't even be a factor here, instead they've taken all the wind out of Brock's sails for the purposes of keeping Cena strong because....that's what they do.

I don't even like Reigns and I know this is stupid and shouldn't have been done.

In all honestly Lesnar's entire run since he came back from UFC has been massively inconsistent and honestly kind of bad. I legit think that a few years from now everyone is going to universally agree that they should have never given "the streak" to him.

LET KURT ANGLE GO. He doesn't need one more match.

But do you really want to see Rusev squashed by Cena?!

You guys are really, really being hyperbolic about Bork being ruined. All it takes is one appearance and all is right with the world.

We're thinking like people who have payed attention to the product the last few years. Brock is stuck in the Cena loop. We all know that Cena is poison for everyone he comes up against. Not even Brock is safe. Brock = ruined.

Exactly. If it wasn't preordained that Cena will be the guy that beats Rusev, wasting a year of our time, that would actually cause some excitement, Rusev has been built up as a legitimate monster really well.

Yeah, Cena being the guy will be disappointing as the Rusev rub really is the big one right now. I know some people find his whole gimmick a little old school and boring but he is the most consistent story they have right now. He's also the one legitimate monster on their roster.

I imagine the USA title is next on his plate if they don't do a Survivor Series USA vs. Russia team match right now.

Sure, he comes out and looks dominant and he's great for a part time player. He shouldn't be carrying the belt though. a part time guy never works as a champion.

Ithil

He's not ruined. But his reign isn't hot, at all. It's totally pedestrian, and that's not exactly "making the next face of the company" level.

Sephzilla

So who is next for Rusev? Shaemus? I kind of figure the feud with Miz is probably over, so he should be free to move on to new things. I'm also assuming Rusev vs Big Show is over, but Big Show has a tendency to linger longer than he should.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So who is next for Rusev? Shaemus? I kind of figure the feud with Miz is probably over, so he should be free to move on to new things. I'm also assuming Rusev vs Big Show is over, but Big Show has a tendency to linger longer than he should.

I'd hope he moves on to Sheamus and the US Title, or Ziggler. Ziggler...who knows wtf he's doing next. It's high time Rusev gets a championship, but as soon as he does, that clock is tickin' for him to do the job. Which is ok, all undefeated streaks end.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of the Network, I am curious about their Rivalries show. I hope there's a very light use (if any) of kayfabe on it, because I'm not interested in a kayfabe'd Rivalries show.

Ithil

Rusev vs Sheamus is totally natural. Not just for the US title, which Rusev really could do a lot with (for once), but it would be a good match and a change from the "big fat giant" matches with Henry and Big Show.
Rusev is gradually working up the card, Sheamus is a logical step up from Big Show, who was a step up from Henry, who was a step up from Swagger, who was a step up from Big E.

It's funny how they are completely capable of good lengthy booking like this but apparently just choose not to bother.

A Big Show vs. Rusev Survivor Series style match with two teams would be interesting.

I know I keep pimping it but I'd like to see a Survivor Series match at Survivor Series.

They could also put the USA title on someone who is US born for a month before Rusev takes it off them. I do like the idea of a Sheaemus vs. Rusev match though. I think that could work as well.

Not sure what the IC title match was supposed to do for any one. Ziggler looks strong in defeat, but against another opponent who's lost in the shuffle with zero momentum, so it has little meaning. Cesaro looks like a chump for insisting on a stipulation that saw him flat on his ass for two straight falls.

Sephzilla

I'd hope he moves on to Sheamus and the US Title, or Ziggler. Ziggler...who knows wtf he's doing next. It's high time Rusev gets a championship, but as soon as he does, that clock is tickin' for him to do the job. Which is ok, all undefeated streaks end.

I really want to see Rusev vs Lesnar, but that won't happen. Logically I think the US Title should be next for Rusev. I'm hoping and thinking that Ziggler might have some bad news in his future.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Question is, who would Rusev even bother with teaming up for? I can't think of any pals he has.

I really want to see Rusev vs Lesnar, but that won't happen. Logically I think the US Title should be next for Rusev. I'm hoping and thinking that Ziggler might have some bad news in his future.

I'd love to see Rusev vs. Lesnar at Wrestlemania for all the gold but there are a ton of reasons why it won't happen and probably a few why it shouldn't.

Question is, who would Rusev even bother with teaming up for? I can't think of any pals he has.

I can only think of a heel Cesaro at the moment.

Ithil

Does Cena beat Rusev at Survivor Series or does he wait until Mania? I'm thinking Survivor Series.

Going from slightly above midcard Big Show to top guy in the company is a really bad jump. The Cena feud is inevitable but you might as well wait until WM.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Does Cena beat Rusev at Survivor Series or does he wait until Mania? I'm thinking Survivor Series.

Nah Rusev's streak won't end until Mania, unless they need to put someone over him fast for some weird reason. At least, that's what I think. They're able to keep working with Rusev being undefeated, he still has a lot of mileage left out of this. I also think they have learned from the Ryback streak, and not putting Rusev in situations where he can't beat his opponent because it would hurt them too badly. I guess we'll see tonight what the next step is, but Cena is a long way away from Rusev at the moment.

Mark Henry, when he turns his back on America in a rehash of the Sheikhy/Sarge storyline.

I was expecting a Henry turn last night, probably will happen tonight. But two super athletes (well, one, the other is Olympic) does not a Survivor Series team make.

Ithil

If I were WWE, I would swerve and have Rusev win his WM feud, and lose at Summerslam instead. Wouldn't he be so much hotter in the minds of people if he continued past the obvious "Cena wins at WM" portion still undefeated?

Then whoever beats him at Summerslam (not Cena) would make it a really big win.

I mean why the fuck not. It would be different.

Going from slightly above midcard Big Show to top guy in the company is a really bad jump. The Cena feud is inevitable but you might as well wait until WM.

Who else is he really going to go over though? Big Show is considered a upper level guy by WWE. There is no one else at the upper level other than Ambrose and he is feuding with Wyatt now. Cena needs to beat a monster to show he is ready for Lesnar again. This is 100% how WWE thinks.

Top Bottom