• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

well you do like fat guys like rusev, so it makes sense

i.gif

UberTag

WWE viewership for 10/27

8pm: 3.868
9pm: 3.839
10pm: 3.529

Avg: 3.745

The third hour did bad. Last year is doing better when Daniel Bryan was ending Raw each week on his back.
The Cena slump continues
And that's even with an advertised Hogan appearance.

Where's that post-PPV new storyline bump? Oh yeah, that's right. What new storylines?

Apart from Cena vs. The Authority... the same Authority that has gifted Cena with an endless plethora of title shots and main events and new merch sales and unquestioningly praising commentary (even from the heel commentator) and practically begged Cena to join them as their avatar last night.

THAT new storyline.

Incidentally, when Daniel Bryan was popping those superior numbers last year he was punished by getting handily jobbed out to Bray Wyatt in the match of the night at the Royal Rumble and was marked for a "spin the wheels" feud with Sheamus while Big Dave claimed his Rumble win with a crowd pleading YES YES YES for D.Brine to arrive.

Meanwhile, Cena is being rewarded for these even worse ratings with a title match with Brock at the Rumble which he will win. We'll get that staredown at the end as Reigns (fresh off his return and 2nd consecutive Rumble win) glances over to a clapping John who will hold his 16th title aloft and we'll get chills about this Wrestlemania "dream confrontation" unfolding before our eyes. How exciting.

Fox318

And that's even with an advertised Hogan appearance.

Where's that post-PPV new storyline bump? Oh yeah, that's right. What new storylines?

Apart from Cena vs. The Authority... the same Authority that has gifted Cena with an endless plethora of title shots and main events and new merch sales and unquestioningly praising commentary (even from the heel commentator) and practically begged Cena to join them as their avatar last night.

THAT new storyline.

Incidentally, when Daniel Bryan was popping those superior numbers last year he was punished by getting handily jobbed out to Bray Wyatt in the match of the night at the Royal Rumble and was marked for a "spin the wheels" feud with Sheamus while Big Dave claimed his Rumble win with a crowd pleading YES YES YES for D.Brine to arrive.

Meanwhile, Cena is being rewarded for these even worse ratings with a title match with Brock at the Rumble which he will win. We'll get that staredown at the end as Reigns (fresh off his return and 2nd consecutive Rumble win) glances over to a clapping John who will hold his 16th title aloft and we'll get chills about this Wrestlemania "dream confrontation" unfolding before our eyes. How exciting.
Is Hogan even a draw today?

You all had your chance to root for Batista. Now it's too late. He's going to be a gazillionaire. We'll see the career of Daniel Bryan end and Raw ratings average 3.1 or under before we see the end of Guardians of the Galaxy movies.

somedevil

People didn't stick around to see the explanation for dean ambrose and bray wyatt???????

shocking.

Not at all. Basically everyone tuned out after that. That's how the usual pattern goes. After the 10pm segment everyone tunes out to the end.

So you really mean people didn't stick around for the Bella segment that followed it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You all had your chance to root for Batista. Now it's too late. He's going to be a gazillionaire. We'll see the career of Daniel Bryan end and Raw ratings average 3.1 or under before we see the end of Guardians of the Galaxy movies.

I'm happy when any wrestler is able to make it out of this depressing, physically draining career path, honestly. Even wrestlers I hate.

strobogo

Banned
It's pretty dope how you play a match and then they show actual video of it after and show how many of the details they got wrong. Cena wearing white shoes in the game, black shoes in real life. HHH having his hair down in the game, tied back in real life. Punk having a beard in the game, clean shaven in real life. Kevin Nash having the wrong color hair.

Omega

Banned
Watching all that old Terry Funk stuff, I think Funk is possibly the biggest case of destroying your own legacy, and it's fucked up why I think that. His deal with ECW, his deal with WCW, his deal with Attitude Era, he came in to help others and put people over and help companies survive. But in the process, he buried his own history and his own legacy to everyone but far older fans/wrestlers who grew up watching him. People like me who even watch a lot of wrestling just knew very little about Funk because it was never something to pursue. You always knew him as that old guy in WCW, ECW, FMW, whatever else, and you didn't know what an amazing heel he was because you just assumed he was always stale and slow and doing bad moonsaults.

You'd never know stuff like this existed.

i can see what you're saying.

Terry Funk will always be known to me as the guy that got chokeslam'd out of his shoes

UberTag

I'm happy when any wrestler is able to make it out of this depressing, physically draining career path, honestly. Even wrestlers I hate.
Same here. I was not thrilled to see Big Dave return to the WWE last year but I'm happy for him now. He's making more money and he's doing something he is frankly BETTER at than wrestling in his current physical condition. Props to him for that.

In a perfect world, John Cena would actually be successful in his many attempts to be a movie star but, unfortunately, I don't believe he has Big Dave's acting chops. Cena is only good at doing exactly what he's doing right now... being completely insufferable and fulfilling the wishes of sick kids.

Gonzalez

Banned
Why should I give a shit about Black Panther?

He's never had a consistent run of good books. His main villain looks like Kim Chee. Oh, and I hate comic book stories that are set in the Jungle.

I have feeling this will just be another boring Thor style series.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

He's never had a consistent run of good books. His main villain looks like Kim Chee. Oh, and I hate comic book stories that are set in the Jungle.

So don't watch it.

KissVibes

Banned
Are we expecting another round of cuts next week ? Don't think the finiacals will be that great

Fandango is gone for sure. He ain't even in the game! Graves too.

Plus all those NXT dudes nobody really remembers like Jason Jordan and uh.....Dillinger.

But don't worry because they'll spend money on the fucking dudley boys and that'll save everything!

They would save so much if they cut Khali. Dude doesn't even push merch! Why do you keep him employed?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Graves is safe. He has the "It" factor.

Fandango could stand to go, though, because Tyler Breeze encroaches on a little of his territory, looks better, and performs better. Breeze is goddamn ready goddammit.

KissVibes

Banned
Graves is safe. He has the "It" factor.

Fandango could stand to go, though, because Tyler Breeze encroaches on a little of his territory, looks better, and performs better. Breeze is goddamn ready goddammit.

Tyler Breeze doesn't look better than Fandango. Fandango is the best looking dude on that entire roster!

Also, I thought Graves was unable to wrestle ever again.

somedevil

Daniel Bryan just posted this on his instagram:

My hotel room is directly across the street from Levi's Stadium, home of #WrestleMania31... Seeing it makes me more motivated than ever to get healthy in time to be there, wrestling.

So there is still some hope he will be back by then.

Though his choice in hats are interesting:

Hasney

Daniel Bryan just posted this on his instagram:

So there is still some hope he will be back by then.

Though his choice in hats are interesting:

The main guy in WWE right now wears baseball caps, which is probably a worse choice in hats.

The best hat choice is no hat, of course.

Christopher Priest's run.
'Cism.
Wakanda isn't a jungle, also 'cism

The main guy in WWE right now wears baseball caps, which is probably a worse choice in hats.

The best hat choice is no hat, of course.

Hats are an unfortunate reality when you have that hair. Lately I've been rocking bandanas when I don't have time to brush my hair out.

Top Bottom