• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

DiscoJon

Banned
He still can. All he has to do is HUNT THE BUNNY and reawaken the hunter within.
Only if this plays in the background
tumblr_mhmievmbFB1rwnmioo2_500.gif

Watching all that old Terry Funk stuff, I think Funk is possibly the biggest case of destroying your own legacy, and it's fucked up why I think that. His deal with ECW, his deal with WCW, his deal with Attitude Era, he came in to help others and put people over and help companies survive. But in the process, he buried his own history and his own legacy to everyone but far older fans/wrestlers who grew up watching him. People like me who even watch a lot of wrestling just knew very little about Funk because it was never something to pursue. You always knew him as that old guy in WCW, ECW, FMW, whatever else, and you didn't know what an amazing heel he was because you just assumed he was always stale and slow and doing bad moonsaults.

You'd never know stuff like this existed.

The first time I was aware of Terry Funk was as Chainsaw Charlie and then when he teamed with Flash Funk (no relation).

strobogo

Banned
Why should I give a shit about Black Panther?

He's never had a consistent run of good books. His main villain looks like Kim Chee. Oh, and I hate comic book stories that are set in the Jungle.

I have feeling this will just be another boring Thor style series.

"I can't relate."

jmdajr

WWE viewership for 10/27

8pm: 3.868
9pm: 3.839
10pm: 3.529

Avg: 3.745

The third hour did bad. Last year is doing better when Daniel Bryan was ending Raw each week on his back.

Still amazed a 2-5 Redskins vs Cowboys did close to 19 million viewers.

Shit I watched the game instead. Well I actually had both on. But my attention was 99% toward the game.

Adam Rose/Kruger has the potential to be the best character WWE has. Bray Wyatt targets him, lays him out. Then all they have to do is have him keep the Adam Rose entrance but during it he just takes out a knife and starts offing his party goers, including the bunny, by the time he's in the ring he's blood soaked and Leo Kruger again. The bunny regenerates after every event, the costume getting more and more torn up.

jmdajr

Is Hogan even a draw today?

He's getting paid millions to not do crap.

'Hey Hulkamaniacs beat breast cancer like I beat Andre the Giant! In the silverdome!"

'Hey Hulkamaniacs beat bullying like I beat Andre the Giant! In the silverdome!"

'Hey Hulkamaniacs subscribe to the WWE Network like I beat Andre the Giant! In the silverdome!"

'Hey Hulkamaniacs I beat Andre the giant! In the silverdome!"

strobogo

Banned
Or he gets a bump on the noggin and snaps once in a while, turning into Leo whenever he gets really pissed or sometimes just randomly.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
My dad has cancer on his ear. I didn't even know you could get that. This is after he supposedly had cancer on his arm and then we got that removed and apparently it wasn't cancer. So now he's got to get a plastic surgery ear thing. Not too worried about it, but it still sucks.

Adam Rose/Kruger has the potential to be the best character WWE has. Bray Wyatt targets him, lays him out. Then all they have to do is have him keep the Adam Rose entrance but during it he just takes out a knife and starts offing his party goers, including the bunny, by the time he's in the ring he's blood soaked and Leo Kruger again. The bunny regenerates after every event, the costume getting more and more torn up.

ibegB8HIzAyMlU.gif

Or he gets a bump on the noggin and snaps once in a while, turning into Leo whenever he gets really pissed or sometimes just randomly.

I can see the matches. It's like the Miz's money maker except if you accidentally do it, he ends up killing you and wearing your skin on his party boots.

jmdajr

My dad has cancer on his ear. I didn't even know you could get that. This is after he supposedly had cancer on his arm and then we got that removed and apparently it wasn't cancer. So now he's got to get a plastic surgery ear thing. Not too worried about it, but it still sucks.

Cancer is a bitch. Fuck cancer. I wish Cena could bury it for real.

JavyOO7

I loved the first episode of Rivalries. I think there are some snippets of new interviews from the talent as well. More original documentaries on the network would be great!

Though I think the ball was dropped here. Should have listed all the matches that McMahon and Austin had together so the viewer could watch these matches after the documentary is over. Even include all the promos/vignettes/etc. Missed opportunity but still can't wait to watch the next episode...

DiscoJon

Banned
http://mpsportscom.squarespace.com/wrestlingwnews/momma-benjamin-strong-claims-during-her-time-in-wwe

Stand-up comedian and actress, Thea Vidale, who portrayed Shelton Benjamin’s mother in WWE during 2006 revealed that she was sexually harassed everyday by a "middle age man that didn't understand what no meant."

Here is what she had to say:

“I genuinely hated that place. While I was there I was sexually harassed everyday by a perverted middle age man that didn't understand what no meant." Although Thea refused to name names she definitely hasn't forgiven the perpetrator. "It was disgusting, I'll never forget the day he came into my changing area with his private parts hanging out of his pants. I made up my mind at that point I was done with that company.”

I've got one guess as to who the "middle aged man" was.
iKnClN3pf4U1k.gif

jmdajr

Took my best friend and my grandfather when I was real young. Even when I know it's not malignant, it still makes my heart skip a beat whenever I hear it.

It took my left ball. Glad that's the extent of it. Also made my Dad's life hell, but he's still here 10 years later.

charsace

What you propose reaches original Goldust levels so there is no way the WWE would do it.

Omega

Banned
Stop throwing 'cism in my face. It's not my fault that Marvel decides to build franchises around characters that have a very bare bones lineup of reacurring villains.

They can always create new villains or legitimize old ones.

Idk why people complain about shit like this. Lack of villains is why we were stuck with terrible Batman and Superman movies for 30 years. Not to mention this is all building up towards Thanos. I know as WWE fans it's sometimes hard to know what long term builds are, but this is one.

Iron Man probably has the worst rogue gallery of any comic book character after the guy in my avatar. He's also one of the biggest Marvel characters and one of the reasons why any of these movies are even being made.

Alucard

Banned
Raw scored a 2.71 rating, down from last week's 2.75, and the previous week's 2.74. The third hour was the second-lowest rated third hour of the year.

At this point last year, Raw's rating was 2.98.

Gonzalez

Banned
Iron Man probably has the worst rogue gallery of any comic book character after the guy in my avatar. He's also one of the biggest Marvel characters and one of the reasons why any of these movies are even being made.

No, it was because of the first two X-Men films. Also the two Iron Man films that followed the first were weak sause.

Also stop with this new Internet narrative that acts like the Nolan Bat films weren't the shit. Because you know damn well they were, and they helped inspire a New Generation of WWE Superstars.

No, it was because of the first two X-Men films. Also the two Iron Man films that followed the first were weak sause.

Also stop with this new Internet narrative that acts like the Nolan Bat films weren't the shit. Because you know damn well they were, and they helped inspire a New Generation of WWE Superstars.

I didn't know DM had an alt

Wow didn't know this about the San Antonio Spurs:

On October 28,2014, Tim Duncan was shot and killed by then TNA wrestling President Dixie Carter, who she thinks at her High School she dated Duncan and 15 days later he dumped her.Later that day, she resigned from her position.TNA Executives hired Shane McMahon as the new president of TNA wrestling on November 1st,2014.Carter was found guilty and was sentenced death on May 5,2015.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Antonio_Spurs#2004.E2.80.93present:_The_.22Big_Three.22

Zach

God dang it. Just saw my first ad on the Network. It's the Nitro with Scott Hall's debut, too. I was so excited and now I just can't stop thinking about that incredibly loud phone commercial! D:

JavyOO7

God dang it. Just saw my first ad on the Network. It's the Nitro with Scott Hall's debut, too. I was so excited and now I just can't stop thinking about that incredibly loud phone commercial! D:

I've seen it quite a bit whenever I watch NXT stuff.

Omega

Banned

i don't acknowledge those Xmen films, never have.

The first two Batman films were great, but I don't think it had an impact on Marvel doing what they're doing now.

Top Bottom