• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

Fox318

Watching WCW Nitro #2 (SEPTEMBER 10, 1995)

Really odd to hear the commentary crew excited about the product and promoting the wrestlers in the ring and also promoting the main event just enough to keep you wanting to watch for more.

Also the show opened up with more pyro than the WWE has used in 7 months.

Also look at Bischoff's reaction to Steve McMichael's "Where's the beef?" comment.

x7fNcwQ.gif

RP912

Banned
I wonder how the ratings were for raw during the ruthless aggression era...

I wouldn't be surprised if they were pulling 3's since they moved to TNN.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
I wonder how the ratings were for raw during the ruthless aggression era...

I wouldn't be surprised if they were pulling 3's since they moved to TNN.
Just checked, they were nearing their apex when they moved. The truth of the matter is that their ratings dropped after the invasion.

And I don't think it's hard to imagine why.

Fox318

WWF left 5 in the dust in the Attitude Era. There came a time when it was doing 6s regularly, and hitting 7s. The top rated segments of nights would hit 8 and even 9s.

I remember reading that most US households had 1.8 to 2 wrestling fans per household.

Now WWE has 1.1 fans per us household.

Ithil

I remember reading that most US households had 1.8 to 2 wrestling fans per household.

Now WWE has 1.1 fans per us household.

When both Nitro and RAW were hot (1998, since RAW exploded even more in 1999 but WCW's ratings collapsed) there was as much as 20-25% of cable households watching wrestling, combined.
It was a hot period.

RBH

Watching WCW Nitro #2 (SEPTEMBER 10, 1995)

Really odd to hear the commentary crew excited about the product and promoting the wrestlers in the ring and also promoting the main event just enough to keep you wanting to watch for more.

Also the show opened up with more pyro than the WWE has used in 7 months.

Also look at Bischoff's reaction to Steve McMichael's "Where's the beef?" comment.

x7fNcwQ.gif

Amazing gif. :lol

RBH

Actress and comedian Thea Vidale, who played Shelton Benjamin’s mother in the WWE storylines back in 2006, said in a recent interview with Neal Morgan that her time with WWE was the low point in her career. Vidale said she was sexually harassed everyday by a “middle aged man that didn’t understand what no meant.”

Vidale said:

“I genuinely hated that place. While I was there I was sexually harassed everyday by a perverted middle aged man that didn’t understand what no meant.”

Vidale did not name names but continued:

“It was disgusting, I’ll never forget the day he came into my changing area with his private parts hanging out of his pants. I made up my mind at that point I was done with that company.”
http://www.gerweck.net/2014/10/28/f...as-sexually-harassed-everyday-during-her-run/

39.jpg

Fox318

Nitro 2

They ended a lead in to a PPV with a character in a grey area between heel and face.

Shit wouldn't be done today. Everyone in WWE thinks swerves are the key to a good product.

Plus an hour long wrestling show is a little refreshing and the commentary is at least excited about the product.

Anth0ny

Quote of the fucking century from the last episode of Monday Night Wars.

Refering to Goldberg:

"You can only kick so many peoples ass before it's like, huh, okay..."

-WWE Superstar John Cena

njean777

Wonder if they will do anything interesting with Ryback. I like him and never saw why they teamed him with Axel. I could see him being a top face if they build him right. Also fuck the Hulu version of Raw for not even showing Rybacks return, like WTF?

RBH

In August, WWE creative writer Kevin Eck was among several employees let go by the sports-entertainment organization as part of their initiative to cut costs in all departments. Now that he's no longer employed by the company, Eck revealed a secret he had been holding.

"Now it can be told: I used to have someone in Vince's office steal some of his Speed Shot drinks (or as he called them, "purple gimmicks") for me before I worked out," Eck wrote on Facebook.

Eck is talking about the grape-flavored ABB Performance Speed Shot, an energy drink. His comment was in response to former WWE Superstar Stevie Richards remarking under his status update, "As Vince McMahon once said to Dreamer and me: "I know your two motherf--kers are stealing my protein bars!!!!"

To add to McMahon's food-related quirks, MetsFan4Ever, a former WWE backstage worker who has broken WWE news and produced multiple shows scripts, recently shared a story on Reddit.com about the Chairman's love for Snow cones.

"A few years ago the company had a Snow Cone party. Kind of weird, I know. This was in the back lot of the TV Studio (not the actual large Headquarter building everyone always sees). Well apparently Vince is a huge Snow Cone fanatic. So much so, that he had a lot of them. Like 10. At one point he got up and announced in front of everyone in his Mr. McMahon "You're Fired" voice that he LOVES SNOW CONES. It was awkward and I had to fight to hold back my laughter.
http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...ays-he-stole-items-from-vince-mcmahon-office/

Omega

Banned
So

Jericho was a nobody

Jericho became a huge star when giving freedom

All we have are nobodies

Let's not give anyone freedom.

Zach

Nitro 2

They ended a lead in to a PPV with a character in a grey area between heel and face.

Shit wouldn't be done today. Everyone in WWE thinks swerves are the key to a good product.

Plus an hour long wrestling show is a little refreshing and the commentary is at least excited about the product.

When folks buy in, when they want to accomplish something, when they believe it and want you to believe it too, that's when wrestling is worthwhile. Most of the people involved in today's product are jaded and tired and in it for a paycheck. I'm specifically referring to the commentary team.

Top Bottom