• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

strobogo

Banned
The best part of all those great moments in all these matches you love? They're all cut scenes and you aren't involved at all, except maybe for a QTE once in a while.

We need a new forum rule of putting a trigger warning before photos of Michael PS Hayes.

if0mipdsvX9Ik.gif

So nice of WWE booking to course correct after giving Ziggles some momentum during the PPV and on RAW. Even steven booking is AWESOME!
It's also great to have mid-card champs lose non-title matches on TV all the time. Makes those belts look super important.

This is pretty much going to happen every week until Survivor Series. A bunch of trading wins back and forth each week between team members. The horrible booking isn't changing any time soon.

strobogo

Banned
2k.gif

Actual footage from my game. They also took out the replay stuff so if you want to catch a bad glitch, you have to be ready at all times.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Miz and Mizdow and a legit tag team, good.

Shame more people didn't wear pink, in Australia we have Jane McGrath day and pretty much everyone dresses up for it at cricket.

391704-c0c05a5a-75bf-11e3-ad16-5b01da53a32e.jpg

A decent Kane match Oh My Gosh indeed King, Oh My Gosh indeed.

alstein

Russian Rusev vs Ryback Rules?

I'd buy that for a dollar

When was the last time we had a legit two monsters fighting each other feud?

I like them both, but Rusev is in another league right now. If Ryback keeps getting over, I could see being a great WM match for the US belt.

Rusev is seriously the one guy I look forward to watching the most right now.

Hasney

WWE 2K15 PS4/XB1 |OT| The TNA of Video Games

So I've got ROH on at Alucards suggestion and the opening promo was pretty damn good. No idea who it was, but it was probably the second best promo I've seen this week behind Orton. EDIT: It was Adam Cole.

I don't miss Kevin Kelly. Fire him and bring in Josh Matthews godammit.

The Romantic Touch is making me want to turn this off just from his entrance and gimmick. Hanson isn't looking so hot either.

Maria is now on my TV, so all is forgiven for the opening. Decent segment, advanced these guys having tension, filled me in on whats going on in the title picture and showed Maria has some kind of power over both of these guys.

Jay Lethal cutting a promo for some medical hotline is gloriously cheesy

Jimmy Jacobs can't throw weapons in a ring for shit

Really fun match between Adam Page and T'Darrius that told a decent story (I think that's his name? Sounds like a Yorkshire version of The Darrius). That German Suplex onto the chairs, holy shit

Wasn't sure who was on color in the first half, but it's better than Nigel McGuiness. Even as an English dude myself, I have to say, that voice is not suited to a microphone

Good main event in general. Wasn't a huge fan of all the superkicks, but that's just a mild criticism. Certainly enjoyed it a lot more than watching HIAC or Raw at work, so that's a huge mark in its favour.

Alucard

Banned
Hasney, some thoughts on that same episode:

-didn't like the opener, though it made Hanson look good. The Romantic Touch is a comedy character with no direction.

-The Kingdom is great, and I enjoyed that Maria segment.

-The Decade is imploding and they'll likely end things at Final Battle in December or at the anniversary show early next year.

-liked the main event on this episode a lot just for the Adam Cole facial reactions.

-Kevin Kelly calls moves and tries to tell a story, so there's that. The color guy at the start was Caprice Coleman, who's also a wrestler. He's doing guest color, along with Nigel, while Steve Corino is on pat leave. Been really liking Caprice's contributions.

Next week's episode, which goes up this Friday, is much better. The one you watched is actually one of the weaker episodes these past few months.

Hasney

Sweet, I'll Czech it out at some point next week. It was enjoyable and I bet it being only an hour helps keep it feeling a bit fresher since it's not the same guys on TV every single week.

Alucard

Banned
Sweet, I'll Czech it out at some point next week. It was enjoyable and I bet it being only an hour helps keep it feeling a bit fresher since it's not the same guys on TV every single week.

Pretty much. It's a blessing and a curse, though. You might not see a guy or a team you really enjoy for two to four weeks sometimes, and they might not even be mentioned.

Even with that issue, the show only being 50 minutes online makes it a breeze to get through and much more digestible than Raw.

Alucard

Banned
I'll post this again on Friday, but here's my rundown of the latest ROH TV.

http://www.wrestleenigma.com/ring-o...14-all-belts-defended-on-championship-edition
102514rohtv.jpg

Episode 162 - Championship Edition (all belts defended)

-reDRagon vs. Jimmy Jacobs and Roderick Strong (very entertaining tag match)
-Jay Lethal vs. Will Ferrara (squash victory for Lethal with minimal offense from Ferrara)
-Jay Briscoe vs. Michael Bennett (good main event with a significant reveal at the end)

It'll be up for everyone this Friday @ http://rohwrestling.com/tv/current

Donald Wood: It’s well documented that you’ve had a tumultuous relationship with Vince McMahon and the WWE over the years. How would you describe the relationship between yourself and Mr. McMahon now?

Jim Ross: It’s actually pretty good. We text from time to time and talk on the phone from time to time now. Not a lot, not regularly, but you know, its fine. Vince and I got along and had a tremendous relationship. People have to understand where our relationship started. From day one, what we have built and what we survived at the time when the company was almost bankrupt. We were laying off people left and right, pay cuts, lot of people were bailing. Those of us that stayed loyal were rewarded financially. I signed at one point in the mid 90’s a ten year contract. I don’t know anyone that had a ten year contract with Vince and kept it. I have this thing about keeping my commitments and keeping my word. I kept my word and fulfilled my ten years and he paid me very, very well.

I made more money with him than I did with anyone else combined. He told me if I stayed with him I would have nothing to worry about financially when I got older. Our issues were mainly philosophic. It was like two football coaches who wanted to run a 3-4 defense and the other wants to run a 4-3. I could plead my case why the 3-4 is better cause I got four great linebackers I can use and he could tell me why the 4-3 is better because he’s got four defense lineman that are outstanding. Our stuff was more philosophical more than anything else. At the end of the day, he won the argument more often than not because he owned the company. My dad taught me a long time ago, if you’re going to work for somebody and you’re going to take their money, you need to do what they tell you to do. So the day when you can’t look yourself in the mirror and do what they want you to do, you need to quit cashing their checks. I just cashed a WWE check the other day so I got no issues with them whatsoever. A lot of that stuff about McMahon and I has been blown out of proportion.

He knows I take myself too seriously. He knows I wear my feelings on my sleeve, and he likes to be able to get under my skin. He gets a kick out of it and I can understand that, I get it. No one should mistake what I am saying that we talk regularly because we do not. But we still communicate, like have a few laughs in a text message or special occasions come up. We accomplished a great deal together. That talent roster that he gave me the ability to hire, they are still using those guys. John Cena last time I looked, Randy Orton last time I looked, Batista and the Rock in and out. We did accomplish a lot of great things together and I never worked with anyone that worked harder. Now, I’m not kissing his ass or anything like I need a job, cause I don’t need a job, I got plenty to do.

I watched a lot of my peers go through their money with cocaine, marijuana, booze, wives, and more. I decided I was going to save my money. I was going to retire at 55, I’m 62 now, and having more fun than I ever have since the Attitude Era. Yea we butted heads, had our pissing contest, but there is still a lot of respect there. He knows that if there is a jam, I am a phone call away and vice versa. Was it tumultuous? Sure. Did we hate each other? Absolutely not. I had the balls at the time to say when I thought he was wrong in a polite way. He had a lot of people that he paid a lot of money that took the path of least resistance. They would bitch about it afterwards when the decision had been made instead of being polite, diplomatic, and conversing when given the opportunity. Some of those guys are still there now which I would assume they are. Some though should be ashamed of themselves. Vince paid them damn good money to be honest. It’s just the fact that some of them just don’t have good presentation skills and don’t know how to present themselves while making a point. That’s just the art of communicating.

Alucard

Banned
Interesting comments from JR there. I completely get people not wanting to challenge Vince, or some people simply not knowing how.

Vince is this mythical figure in most people's minds at this point, and his weirdness and sense of humor probably distance him from a lot of his employees who just don't know how to talk to him.

Hasney

He seems like a nightmare to work for unless you're a very specific type of person. Like those comments about Vince enjoying getting under his skin and that story from Heyman about how he hated sneezing, purely because they're out of his control.

Aiii

So not worth it
Interesting comments from JR there. I completely get people not wanting to challenge Vince, or some people simply not knowing how.

Vince is this mythical figure in most people's minds at this point, and his weirdness and sense of humor probably distance him from a lot of his employees who just don't know how to talk to him.

He's the boss, just like in real life, only the more confident employees are going to tell the boss when he's wrong or talk back when they don't agree with a decision or feel it's not in the company's best interest.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm a big fan of jank in games, so glitches don't put me off of a game unless they're the "save corrupted" type. I play a lot of European jank PC games that have a charming quality to them. WWE2k15 looks to be the western flavor of it. Looking forward to seeing stupid shit happen and laughing.

Hasney

I'm a big fan of jank in games, so glitches don't put me off of a game unless they're the "save corrupted" type. I play a lot of European jank PC games that have a charming quality to them. WWE2k15 looks to be the western flavor of it. Looking forward to seeing stupid shit happen and laughing.

I do enjoy that too. However, the actual gameplay shouldn't make me look forward to it.

Offline multiplayer is still fun as hell.... When we can't be arsed hooking up the Wii for DoR2 and having a fatal-4-way last man standing match of chaos.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yukes' bad work on the WWE games did give us VGCW, so I guess there is a silver lining to bad/glitchy games.

Were you around for GWF?

Hell, we have a lot of people that weren't. The GAF Wrestling Federation. Those were good times. To the one-counts, GWF! GWF! GWF! announce table...we did a lot of good things there.

GWF did:

• Did a time-travel storyline before CHIKARA and even used an old game!
  • Bootaaay was the first, and biggest heel
  • Shark Johnson and Strobogo had a Backstage feud
  • Soulplaya led the GWF against the NeoGAF Mods and beat them in the Octagon in UFC Undisputed 3
  • Carnby was a fan favorite
  • Laserfrog got famous and picked up by Kotaku due to his GWF appearances and conspiracy video
  • and much more.

Sephzilla

Were you around for GWF?

Hell, we have a lot of people that weren't. The GAF Wrestling Federation. Those were good times. To the one-counts, GWF! GWF! GWF! announce table...we did a lot of good things there.

GWF did:

• Did a time-travel storyline before CHIKARA and even used an old game!
  • Bootaaay was the first, and biggest heel
  • Shark Johnson and Strobogo had a Backstage feud
  • Soulplaya led the GWF against the NeoGAF Mods and beat them in the Octagon in UFC Undisputed 3
  • Carnby was a fan favorite
  • Laserfrog got famous and picked up by Kotaku due to his GWF appearances and conspiracy video
  • and much more.

I wish I was around for GWF. Hell I have a RoboCop CAW that would have been perfect for me.

*tear*

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It'll make its way to youtube or Dailymotion, I'm sure.

joelseph

On the El Rey Network.

Or anywhere else you might find such wrestling programs normally.

No idea if I get this channel, assuming it's cable, will have to look into it. I don't know of any place beyond youtube, dailymotion, vimeo. If I'm missing a sweet one PM a brother.

Top Bottom