• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

btybmIq.gif
Rhyno looks like shit.

Alucard

Banned
Watch this tag match with ibushi and omega. One of my faves

http://youtu.be/ITyerAFZm24

I may watch it later. Wife and daughter have been napping for 2.5 hours. Did dishes, picked up two pieces of furniture from the hardware store, and have been putting together a bookshelf while catching up on the wrestling on my DVR.

Speaking of which, what do you guys DVR in one week of wrestling? Here is my list:

Raw
Main Event
Smackdown
Impact
Best of Ring of Honor
Fighting Spirit Wrestling

...and I occasionally check out WWE Classic Rewind. Rarely watch all of main event.

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

WCW Clash of the Champions 8/15/96

• That Motherfucker Dean Malenko vs Rey Mysterio Jr WCW Cruiserweight Championship
  • VK Wallstreet vs Jim DOOGUN
  • Ultimate Dragon vs Konnan
  • Randy Savage vs Meng
  • Bull Nakano vs Madusa
  • DDP vs Eddie Guerrero
  • Chris Benoit vs The Giant
  • Harlem Heat vs Steiner Brothers vs Sting/Lex Luger WCW Tag Team Championships
  • Ric Flair vs Hollywood Hogan WCW Championship

Obviously, the Clash concept is pretty redudant and outdated with 8 PPVs in a row and a weekly 2 hour show that has these same matches on it. Rey/TMF was rad. Very sprinty and Rey was on a whole different level that night.

And here's another rant from watching old hardcore wrestling. It's directed at WWE in particular. If you're not gonna hit dudes in the head with a chair? Don't bother using fucking chairs. The 'hit them in the stomach then hit them in the back' shit continues to just say FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE THIS IS FAKE FAKE. If you're worried about concussions, then just don't use chairs. Because that shit looks so awful. If you're wailing on a dude while they're down on their stomach, hitting them in the back makes sense. But fuck the stomach/back shot bullshit. Stop doing it. Even the 'nail them in the face with the edge of the chair' is safe and looks a hundred times better
KqrDpCG.gif
I agree with you in a way, but I felt it was made clear that they all know (in kayfabe) they'd get fined or fired so no one does anything to the head anymore. That's why Triple H got away with doing that spot where he "hit" Bryan's head with the chair against the ringpost. He can get away with it. Good heat.

I feel like the Shield breakup and Lesnar vs Big Show showed that chairs can still be relevant and still make you wince.

strobogo

Banned
I agree with you in a way, but I felt it was made clear that they all know (in kayfabe) they'd get fined or fired so no one does anything to the head anymore. That's why Triple H got away with doing that spot where he "hit" Bryan's head with the chair against the ringpost. He can get away with it. Good heat.

I feel like the Shield breakup and Lesnar vs Big Show showed that chairs can still be relevant and still make you wince.

You winced at those pussy ass plastic chairs?

JavyOO7

Just finished watching the DX story of their role in the Monday Night War.

...is my memory bad or were they really that important? I remember them being pretty entertaining but if you take this MNW doc on its face than these fellas were a big reason why WCW got wrecked.

fader

And here's another rant from watching old hardcore wrestling. It's directed at WWE in particular. If you're not gonna hit dudes in the head with a chair? Don't bother using fucking chairs. The 'hit them in the stomach then hit them in the back' shit continues to just say FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE THIS IS FAKE FAKE. If you're worried about concussions, then just don't use chairs. Because that shit looks so awful. If you're wailing on a dude while they're down on their stomach, hitting them in the back makes sense. But fuck the stomach/back shot bullshit. Stop doing it. Even the 'nail them in the face with the edge of the chair' is safe and looks a hundred times better
KqrDpCG.gif

Reminds me of Triple H and his fucking sledgehammer. You're gonna get em real good by hitting them with your hand around the back of the sledgehammer, dude.

This GIF is so painful to watch... Fuck Sabu...

Just finished watching the DX story of their role in the Monday Night War.

...is my memory bad or were they really that important? I remember them being pretty entertaining but if you take this MNW doc on its face than these fellas were a big reason why WCW got wrecked.
You've seen the light on WWE documentaries.

Now realize every single one of them lies like this.

Carnby

You've seen the light on WWE documentaries.

Now realize every single one of them lies like this.

No. They're really not. DX had a huge role in the war. It was like NWO but not fucking shitty.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Dubbya See Dubbya was garbage from top to bottom. Then. Now. Forever.

Alucard

Banned
Watching The Best of ROH, and they're doing a Jimmy Jacobs episode. Watching a six-man that has Rockstar Spud! He's not too bad. Looks like Tidus from Final Fantasy X here.

This episode is also increasing my appreciation and respect for Jacobs as a performer. He has some pretty good selling, and he knows how to work a crowd decently.

Top Bottom