• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

0222cf00-4c39-11e4-9d53-31c4ff3b8915_GTECH-SLAM-1.gif

bbb374d0-4c37-11e4-b6c6-01d1609e0b74_GTECH-SLAM.gif

It's easy heat for Rusev to come out and destroy a babyface people liked. But people don't give a shit about Rose.

He's replaced Santino as the weekly gimmick feuding with bottom-tier heels and wrestling them each week, advancing no storylines and helping no one at all. Look where Fandango is.

I have no idea what they even want to do with bo dallas

they were giving him video packages right after wrestlemania so I figured he would at least be in some sort of consistent feud

bo and rose are on their way to daily jobbing and then removal from RAW

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bo and Rose are two gimmicks that have no legs whatsoever. Been saying that shit since the start. And neither are good enough wrestlers to compensate for it.

DMczaf

Bo and Rose are two gimmicks that have no legs whatsoever. Been saying that shit since the start. And neither are good enough wrestlers to compensate for it.

I think Bo can last if he's able to break out of the character like Kurt Angle did...but that would mean becoming one of the greatest mat wrestlers of our generation, and I really don't think he has that in him.

Rose...uh...yeah, he's fucked.

this is how I feel about rusev, his gimmick at least. he hasn't really been given an opportunity to work a long match but he seems fairly agile and willing to take some risky bumps.

Vylash

Bo is fine and his gimmick has potential if they mercilessly shove him down everyone's throats, which is actually the secret to the effectiveness of the gimmick

Rose...welp

DMczaf

I think Rusev has the drive and ability to be something greater than his gimmick. He's used his monster heel build to hone his skills, which is a lot more than I can say about most young guys that get a super push early. He looks so much more confident in the ring, and he sells so damn well.

I think Rusev has the drive and ability to be something greater than his gimmick. He's used his monster heel build to hone his skills, which is a lot more than I can say about most young guys that get a super push early. He looks so much more confident in the ring, and he sells so damn well.

agreed, I see a ton of potential in him.

hoping they put over luke harper in his planned push. he is easily one of the best wrestlers they have signed currently.

kiguel182

Bo could last if they used him as he was used on NXT and not as a one not joke character.

He is being wasted.

strobogo

Banned
Bo is a solid mid card guy and that's all he needs to be. It's a gimmick that you can dial up or down whenever needed. Adam Rose is a solid wrassler for sure. His gimmick has already reached it's peak, though. It needs some serious tweaks to be anything more than random shill/party guy. On NXT, he's done a good job of kind of slipping back into Leo Kruger and it has worked very well for his in ring work. He's been doing good stuff with his team with Sami.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Most of the guys on the WWE roster are decent wrestlers but you wouldn't know that watching TV since so little time is actually spent wrestling.

JavyOO7

Watching 'The War Goes Extreme' part of the MNW doc. Its given me incentive to watch the little ECW stuff there is on the network later. =p

Alucard

Banned
Most of the guys on the WWE roster are decent wrestlers but you wouldn't know that watching TV since so little time is actually spent wrestling.

Eh, I think there's more wrestling on Raw than ever. It just doesn't mean anything because...

1. Most wrestlers have paper-thin stories
2. The WWE has oversaturated its product with 6 hours weekly between Raw, Main Event, and Smackdown

njean777

Eh, I think there's more wrestling on Raw than ever. It just doesn't mean anything because...

1. Most wrestlers have paper-thin stories
2. The WWE has oversaturated its product with 6 hours weekly between Raw, Main Event, and Smackdown

Ding, ding, ding. You win. If they could actually fill this much time with decent storylines then fine, but the way it is now, most matches feel like two random guys picked to just have a match just because. Raw needs to really go back to 2 hours, and main event should just be random matches to be honest.

gurudyne

But he has no pants.

It's not a belt, it's a championship.

Ding, ding, ding. You win. If they could actually fill this much time with decent storylines then fine, but the way it is now, most matches feel like two random guys picked to just have a match just because. Raw needs to really go back to 2 hours, and main event should just be random matches to be honest.

If Raw goes back to two hours, the first thing jettisoned is the quality of wrestling. The long, aimless promos, the constant shilling, the repetitive recaps, the commercial breaks in the middle of matches and the random-pairing bare-minimum get-your-shit-in matches were all there before the three hour transition and they made up a larger percentage of the show than they do now.

njean777

It's not a belt, it's a championship.

If Raw goes back to two hours, the first thing jettisoned is the quality of wrestling. The long, aimless promos, the constant shilling, the repetitive recaps, the commercial breaks in the middle of matches and the random-pairing bare-minimum get-your-shit-in matches were all there before the three hour transition and they made up a larger percentage of the show than they do now.

Then get a better creative team, or just tell Vince to STFU.

Alucard

Banned
Watching a couple of old matches from the WCCW DVD set. Heels were so much better in the 80s, and even before...

-hair pulling during submissions
-tights pulling
-eye raking
-running at the face as he's getting ready for the match (saw Bundy do this to Fritz Von Erich, who was pulling off his t-shirt before the match)

Just a lot easier to see who was good and who was bad. Different times, I guess, but I think some of these basics have been lost.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Watching Fall Brawl 98 live on the network and I know Stro has talked about it a lot with the Steiner vs Steiner feud, but my goodness does this crowd ERUPT for Rick. Really great stuff and Scott is bumping like hell for Rick. Great stuff.

strobogo

Banned
Watching Fall Brawl 98 live on the network and I know Stro has talked about it a lot with the Steiner vs Steiner feud, but my goodness does this crowd ERUPT for Rick. Really great stuff and Scott is bumping like hell for Rick. Great stuff.

One of the worst feuds of all time. Went on FOREVER, never had a blow off, and never really even had a real, solid match. All the matches were just angles. Then it just kind of ended.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
One of the worst feuds of all time. Went on FOREVER, never had a blow off, and never really even had a real, solid match. All the matches were just angles. Then it just kind of ended.
That's what's so baffling about it, the crowd was 100% behind Rick then they just kept on stringing it out. Just mystifying, they never had a good payoff. I think it went on for a year and a half? They could have really delivered, damnit.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
But that feud had Chucky in it. And it legit shook me because I was like 11 and that appearance just made me think Chucky was real.

strobogo

Banned
That's what's so baffling about it, the crowd was 100% behind Rick then they just kept on stringing it out. Just mystifying, they never had a good payoff. I think it went on for a year and a half? They could have really delivered, damnit.

Scott turns on Rick in February of 1998. The closest thing to a blow off match was the 5 minute match after a tag match at Halloween Havoc. Rick got hurt and when he came back, he turned heel and rejoined Scott like nothing had ever happened. Except for the like 2 months where Scott was face again just to SWERVE everyone.

Top Bottom