• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

Are you serious?! If so YOU ARE IN FOR A MOTHER FUCKING TREAT

This is like my favorite shit.

Ultimate-tier promo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJQjrkkWwV4

More top-tier Batista https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTFynv9TOE4

Culminated in the finest retirement since Big Poppa Pump swerved people. Seriously, this retirement was the best, the BEST.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JegzQqoWddk

Damn, I don't remember this AT ALL. Batista's mic work dramatically improved compared to his earlier days (I've just seen his debut again in 2002). His presentation skills are so refreshing here, he's not reeling off a hundred lines a minute like wrestlers tend to do now, he pauses and soaks it all in.

Also damn, how long has John Cena been pushing this 'I work so damn hard for this business. I'm first to arrive, last to leave' line. We still hear that today, so it's been at least 4 years of the same self promoting hardest man in the industry crap! I tell ya he's the greatest subtle heel in the business!!

1. Jericho vs Malenko
2. Hardy Boy/Edge&Christian/Dudleys
Cena vs Orton

Only reason I remember these two off the top of my head are because those were the only good tag team matches I ever saw and I used to love how Jericho would just fuck with Malenko. When he cut the promo with the Dean Malenko painting, one of my favorites.

I really hope Jericho v Malenko gets a Rivalries documentary it deserves, as it really was one of the most refreshing, rewarding things to happen in WCW. It had comedy, great matches and then that Malenko reveal... oh yeah!

Fav Five Rivalries
5 - E&C / Hardy Boyz / Dudley Boys
4 - Undertaker vs Kane
3 - HBK vs Undertaker
2 - Bret Hart vs Owen Hart
1 - Austin vs McMahon

Man Undertaker v Kane and HBK v Undertaker too, I feel like I need to stretch this out to top 10 as there really are a ton of great ones out there.

Omega

Banned
1. Jericho vs Malenko
2. Hardy Boy/Edge&Christian/Dudleys
Cena vs Orton

Only reason I remember these two off the top of my head are because those were the only good tag team matches I ever saw and I used to love how Jericho would just fuck with Malenko. When he cut the promo with the Dean Malenko painting, one of my favorites.

jmdajr

Get WWE Network Free In November

New subscribers will receive WWE Network FREE for the entire month of November – including Survivor Series! Come back to WWE.com tomorrow at 11:00 a.m. ET to sign up for FREE!

Vince has a message

edit: Fucking lol at Vince.

"yup"

I think that's the fear from most fans.

Fans see the talent, Vince sees the body.

Used to be that they would give you a nice run with the IC Belt, you'd show you were a good worker, get the IC belt, you'd never lose clean on TV and have some succesful title defenses. After that run ended you'd move up to the main event.

Ziggler is potentially the closest guy they have had in that position in a while, he's getting over with the crowd for his match quality. If Barret comes back soon, I think the 2 of them could have a nice feud and we'll see if that puts Ziggler over the top. He'll most likely never get elevated to upper card, but he's a decent example of paying your dues then getting a IC run,. Unfortunately he suffers from the one thing they always do with mid card belts, shitty booking while you have the belt. Dude should be going undefeated on Raw every week.

jmdajr

- October 23rd in Winter Park, FL for NXT TV tapings drew a sellout of 400 fans
- October 24th in Jacksonville, FL for NXT drew 150 fans
- October 26th in Dallas for WWE Hell In a Cell drew a sellout of 12,100 paid and more than 13,000 total
- October 27th in San Antonio for RAW drew 9,100 fans
- October 28th in Houston for SmackDown drew 7,000 fans

strobogo

Banned
vince.gif

I wish there were still managers around so there could be a Russian who is more peasant than machine dudes like Drago/Rusev/Nikita and turns on his new manager every week.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Goddammit, you can just see the defeat in Vince's face. It's no sadvince.jiff but it's...not pleasant to see.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Thank you Stro, may you be blessed in the hereafter and nevermore. What about me? What about Strobogo?

So were below broke now?

Storyline where Vince phones Ted Dibaise to borrow a dime incoming.

Been a rough fucking ride.

I've been happy with the product outside no resume feature but current product not good enough for more people to care.

They're really doing themselves no favours, either. Those who have The Network are constantly reminded of how amazing everything was 10-20 years ago! Even more so with the fancy production documentaries. What makes it even more absurd is they keep talking about all the downfalls of early 90s WWF and eventually WCW and it's like... you can't see the parallels with current product?

aww what...

Watching Austin v McMahon - Part 1. It's awesome, but they've black & white edited St. Valentine's Day Massacre clips when McMahon gets busted up. :(

strobogo

Banned
Are there any Russians in WrassleGAF? If so, why y'all so ready to fight everyone all the time (especially yourselves)? Y'all crazy, comrades. I think Vince Russo has been booking Russia for 500 years.

Aiii

So not worth it
All that hippie bs is a real turn-off though. He's not a man, such a man, a real man's man like William Regal.

Once this guy comes back subs will be up next year

10727688_1484893521791122_97936120_n.jpg

No, not even Necro Butcher could save the WWE... actually...

Are there any Russians in WrassleGAF? If so, why y'all so ready to fight everyone all the time (especially yourselves)? Y'all crazy, comrades. I think Vince Russo has been booking Russia for 500 years.

The World Cup hosted by Russia will turn into the biggest Royal Rumble ever.

Patryn

Cena going down for an extended (6+ months) period of time, whether by injury (although I don't wish injury on anyone) or going to Hollywood, would be extremely beneficial to the WWE, if only to break them out of the rut they're in.

Cena going down for an extended (6+ months) period of time, whether by injury (although I don't wish injury on anyone) or going to Hollywood, would be extremely beneficial to the WWE, if only to break them out of the rut they're in.

If I had the time I'd create a game where you had to guess the year it is based on a John Cena promo. The only way I think you'd be able to tell would be from whatever t-shirt he was wearing.

jred2k

That's what happens when you're cold and drunk all the time. I don't know how us Canadian stay so peaceful.

jmdajr

It will hurt them short term but they have to do it.

All that hippie bs is a real turn-off though. He's not a man, such a man, a real man's man like William Regal.

An unfortunate circumstance of WWE's 'reality era' crap. 90's Vince would've kept that vegan shit on lockdown, or turned Bryan into a comedy character because of it.

strobogo

Banned
No, not even Necro Butcher could save the WWE... actually...

The World Cup hosted by Russia will turn into the biggest Royal Rumble ever.

That's what happens when you're cold and drunk all the time. I don't know how us Canadian stay so peaceful.

It's like, "We need a revolution!", "We won!", "We need a revolution!" on loop...forever. "Let's get rid of the tsar!" "We got rid of the tsar!" "Uh, fuck it, we need another dictator!" "Let's get rid of the dictator!" and so on and so forth forever. It's amazing how quickly as a people they would just flip their sides and minds 180 degrees on a whim. Like, they'll literally be ready to die for one side and one dude pisses them off and they'll flip and do the same shit for the other side. It's like they are a people that NEED a brutal dictator keeping everything in check, or else they'll just blow everything up.

RBH

On what will be an interesting day for WWE, the world's top wrestling organization announced that their subscriber number as of 9/30 was 731,000 total, a net addition of up to 4% (31,000) since last quarter.

Over the last quarter, there were 286,000 new subscribers and 255,000 cancellations.

Considering they were available in 170 new countries and added Canadian TV (Rogers) since the last report, this is a terrible number.

Of the 286,000 new subscribers, 23,000 ordered the $12.99 monthly deal.

The network will be available in the same version as the U.S. in the United Kingdom during the month of November.

Thursday morning, WWE sent out an email to all Network subscribers announcing they were dropping the six-month commitment to the Network immediately and that the ongoing price monthly would be $9.99, cancel anytime. The WWE also released this video of Vince McMahon announcing that new subscribers can get November for free, heavily pushing Survivor Series. That explains going with a main event that would have bombed as a stand-alone PPV, because as a free offering, you don't need to have something that will make people spend money and the psychology becomes altogether different.

There were 703,000 subscribers listed domestically and 28,000 internationally.

Worse, the July PPV number, the prior B show, was 99,000 buys worldwide but September's Night of Champions fell to 48,000 worldwide, so more people stopped buying B PPV's than have been added to the network as subscribers.

For the three month period from 7/1 to 9/30, WWE took in $120.2 million in revenues and had $5.9 million in losses as compared to $113.3 million in revenue and $2.4 million in profits for the same period last year. The losses were well below expectations, based on budget cutting, so that is positive news.

As of this writing, WWE stock is down to $12.43. Their quarterly earnings conference call is scheduled for 11 AM EST, and Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez will be on shortly thereafter with some breaking news audio to discuss the Network numbers, what it means for business, and other news from the call.

In an unrelated item, social media folowers has increased in the last three months from 365 million to 413 million, while house show attendance is down, and merchandise sales on the web are way up.
http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-...umber-released-six-month-subscription-dropped

Top Bottom