• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

They should add a "resolution option" like Twitch, and/or lower the minimum speed needed for catalog shows. My crappy internet always has trouble with the Network, but almost never has a problem with Netflix/Amazon/Hulu.

Home Entertainment net revenues decreased to $3.6 million from $5.2 million in the prior year quarter, reflecting a 40% decline in units shipped, and a decrease in the average effective price. The decline in unit shipments reflected reduced shipments of WWE's catalog titles, which are typically characterized by lower prices and profit margins than new releases. The average effective price declined 19% to $9.22 as retail pricing pressure on both new releases and catalog titles more than offset the impact of product mix. (On a year-to-date basis, average pricing has declined 6% from the prior year period.)

network killing DVD sales as well. they really had no idea what they were doing when they launched it. this inst field of dreams

I expected low suscribers from the new countries. Those of us who were hardcore-fans enough to want the Network, used VPN.

I'm happy with the Network though, I don't think I'm cancelling it anytime soon.

Anth0ny

On what will be an interesting day for WWE, the world's top wrestling organization announced that their subscriber number as of 9/30 was 731,000 total, a net addition of up to 4% (31,000) since last quarter.

Over the last quarter, there were 286,000 new subscribers and 255,000 cancellations.

AHAHAHAHHA

meltzer was so fucking sure it was gonna be above 900k, too

network killing DVD sales as well. they really had no idea what they were doing when they launched it. this inst field of dreams

Or less people want to buy the terrible PPV shows? Also, what killer documentaries have been released over the last year compared to the year before hand? I'm not saying I'm the typical WWE DVD/Blu-Ray buying consumer, but I'm way more likely to buy a Documentary compared to a PPV.

They should add a "resolution option" like Twitch, and/or lower the minimum speed needed for catalog shows. My crappy internet always has trouble with the Network, but almost never has a problem with Netflix/Amazon/Hulu.

Oh yeah, I totally agree. My PC isn't good enough to 1080p, but my internet is... so in any case, I should be able to drop it to 720p or 540p

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm surprised they didn't name Kevin Steen something fatter, tbh.

But hey, Owens obviously means:
JYbdKBx.jpg

jmdajr

Or less people want to buy the terrible PPV shows? Also, what killer documentaries have been released over the last year compared to the year before hand? I'm not saying I'm the typical WWE DVD/Blu-Ray buying consumer, but I'm way more likely to buy a Documentary compared to a PPV.

Last few I got were Jericho, Edge, and obviously King of Kings. Supposedly Heyman one was good.

paul heyman one was really good. they should have debut it on the network and then had a Renee interview heyman for an hour.

they refuse to create original content or idea. they are happy with rediting their DVDs together to make content.

Biggest problem with WWE is they care too mcuh about social media bullshit. congrats you have 420 million social media followers. NONE OF THEM ARE SPENDING MONEY ON YOUR PRODUCT. summerslam being the most socially active trend on twitter means nothing.

jred2k

HiaC and last week's NXT were the first time I had watched the network in a couple of weeks. I had forgotten there are ads now. For terrible C-tier companies to boot.

That toy has HHH's face down pretty good though, looks a lot better than the recent Mattel ones.

It's like the exact same face as the disgustedHHH.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
Biggest problem with WWE is they care too mcuh about social media bullshit. congrats you have 420 million social media followers. NONE OF THEM ARE SPENDING MONEY ON YOUR PRODUCT. summerslam being the most socially active trend on twitter means nothing.

That's a bs number anyways since they count every single account they manage seperately, so if you "like" the WWE Facebook page and also like the AJ Lee Facebook page, the WWE Netherlands Facebook page and the Stephanie McMahon Facebook page, that's four social media followers right there.*

* These may or not may be the pages I actually liked.

Ithil

While I can laugh my ass off at WWE's Network numbers, the downside is the stock is going to plummet and to placate the stockholders, they're probably going to slash the workforce again. They cut 7% of all employees including wrestlers last time.

So a bunch are gonna lose their jobs.

jred2k

I think WWE should start investing money in creating new shades of colours. They are starting to run out of John Cena shirt colours, but if they created like 50 new colours they could turn 2014 into a profitable year.

jmdajr

While I can laugh my ass off at WWE's Network numbers, the downside is the stock is going to plummet and to placate the stockholders, they're probably going to slash the workforce again. They cut 7% of all employees including wrestlers last time.

Should we start a list?

I don't see how Zack Ryder escapes this time.

Damnit. The worst part is that Cena's still going to replace them all himself, by wearing everything backwards and naming himself 'Cohn Jena'.

RBH

Former WWE Superstar Alberto Del Rio did an interview with Fighting Spirit Magazine that comes out this week and talked about his departure from the company.

Del Rio said there were constant racist jokes in WWE while he was there and he never liked them but never said anything because usually the jokes were made by important people. Del Rio said the jokes were made about Latin and African-Americans. Del Rio said if a “nobody” such as Cody Barbierri made a joke then he would say something, but if someone important made a racist joke, he wouldn’t say anything to them.

Regarding the incident with Barbierri, Del Rio said at first he was told he was going to be suspended but when officials realized there was a lawsuit against them from when Big Show allegedly slapped a backstage worker doing a vignette, they were afraid Barbierri would sue. Del Rio said he was told, “We need to let you go until things cool down.” Del Rio was given the impression that he would be back in a few months but he told them that if he wasn’t hired back by the time he hung up the phone, he wasn’t coming back and noted that he had already made up his mind about leaving when his contract expired.

Del Rio did not name who made the phone call to him but said it was someone higher-up who always made racial jokes. Del Rio said because this person does it, others think it’s okay to do.

Del Rio claimed the former Sin Cara is making $5,000 per match in Mexico and is doing two to three matches per week. He also claimed the new hot talents in WWE are making $500 per match. Del Rio claimed one WWE Superstar, who was not named but also has a brother in the company, told him that he worked a Superstars match, a long RAW match, a promo on RAW and then a dark match at the end of the show and got just $500 for it. He also mentioned wrestlers getting paid $2,000 for a four-show tour of Mexico. He said the young WWE talents are not unhappy about things but not completely happy either, but have no other choice.

Del Rio also said WWE only wants you to do their style in the ring and they keep you in a box to where you can’t think outside of the box. He doesn’t blame WWE for that because it works for them but now he’s going to mix American, European, Japanese and Mexican styles.

Del Rio mentioned that his father Dos Caras will have a big retirement event in 2015 with Del Rio, his brother Guillermo Rodriguez, Mil Mascaras and stars from Japan. He added that Rey Mysterio wants to attend.
http://wrestlechat.net/?p=499379

Ithil

Should we start a list?

I don't see how Zack Ryder escapes this time.

Zack Ryder, Fandango, Emma, maybe the Matadors (but not Torito), they all seem like likely cuts.
Meanwhile they have their claws in Rey Mysterio who is trying to leave, so they have him on a huge contract being paid to do nothing.

Aiii

So not worth it
Zack Ryder, Fandango, Emma, maybe the Matadors (but not Torito), they all seem like likely cuts.
Meanwhile they have their claws in Rey Mysterio who is trying to leave, so they have him on a huge contract being paid to do nothing.

Well duh, Mysterio owns his likeness and name, so the second his contract ends they're out a lot of merc, DVD and videogame moneys.

Eh. Randy Orton has been replaced with Bray Wyatt for WWE Live. While I am a big fan of Wyatt, I'm not unaware that the number of upper cards in this has fallen to... Zero. Unless you count Kane. Which you... Sort of can.

RBH

Since you've been doing news round-ups today,(good work, btw) has there been anything official said about what the subscriber base looks like for the Net Pak in Canada? I really want it to be a complete failure, but last I remember hearing is that they were actually pleasantly surprised with how it was going.

Not that I've seen thus far.

Ithil

Wait what? How has the WWE as a company not reached their potential?

Their dogshit product? Bad subscriber numbers? Weak ratings? Awful use of an incredible roster? Terrible reputation?
They have a monopoly on wrestling in the US and most countries and they rarely make the most of it.

jred2k

Maybe these cuts will give Woods, Kofi, and Big E the opportunity to finally form their group.

At an indie event in Tucson

Since you've been doing news round-ups today,(good work, btw) has there been anything official said about what the subscriber base looks like for the Net Pak in Canada? I really want it to be a complete failure, but last I remember hearing is that they were actually pleasantly surprised with how it was going.

Total international was 28000 subscribers.

Top Bottom