• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

kirblar

Most of the guys on the WWE roster are decent wrestlers but you wouldn't know that watching TV since so little time is actually spent wrestling.
WWE listening to this complaint and doing endless meaningless 10+ minute matches on RAW for the past X years is one of the products big problems. They run way too many matches for too long and should be developing characters via angles/promos.

Most of the guys on the WWE roster are decent wrestlers but you wouldn't know that watching TV since so little time is actually spent wrestling.
Dude, what are you talking about? There are multiple 10+ minute matches that go through commercial breaks on every single Raw.

WWE listening to this complaint and doing endless meaningless 10+ minute matches on RAW for the past X years is one of the products big problems. They run way too many matches for too long and should be developing characters via angles/promos.
Agreed! So many of these generic long matches are meaningless filler, followed by the guy making a belt motion around his waist or something to make you think something's happening, but it's nothing.

Aiii

So not worth it
I would never take a drink from a shit head who hates women and anything fun.
Keep it to yourself, your opinion of me doesn't interest me and I'm sure the rest of the people in here have better things to do than read about it. Use the ignore list and leave it.

Well that escalated quickly.

ibjm0HPImqwtZQ.png

this thread is turning into 2001 wcw levels of ugh

step it up guys. Bryan's coming in November and we need this place tidy until then.

I'll make the November OT. Fuck it.

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B

Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C

WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C

WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+

WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-

Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-
Royal Rumble '88 - C-
Clash of the Champions I - B+
WrestleMania IV - C
Clash of the Champions II - C+
The Great American Bash '88 - B
SummerSlam '88 - D
Clash of the Champions III - C-
Survivor Series '88 - D
Clash of the Champions IV - C+
Starrcade '88: True Gritt - B

Royal Rumble '89 - F
Clash of the Champions V - C-
Clash of the Champions VI - B
WrestleMania V - B-
WrestleWar '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VII - C+
The Great American Bash '89 - B+
SummerSlam '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VIII - B-
Halloween Havoc '89 - C+
Clash of the Champions IX - B
Survivor Series '89 - D+
Starrcade '89: Future Shock - C+

Royal Rumble '90 - D+
Clash of the Champions X - B-
WrestleWar '90 - C
WrestleMania VI - B
Capital Combat: The Return of Robocop - B-
Clash of the Champions XI - C
The Great American Bash '90 - B-
SummerSlam '90 - D
Clash of the Champions XII - D
Halloween Havoc '90 - C-
Clash of the Champions XIII - D
Survivor Series '90 - D+
Starrcade '90: Collision Course - B-

Royal Rumble '91 - D+
Clash of the Champions XIV - B-
WrestleWar '91 - C+
WrestleMania VII - D+
SuperBrawl - C-
Clash of the Champions XV - B-
The Great American Bash '91 - F
SummerSlam '91 - C-
Clash of the Champions XVI - C
Halloween Havoc '91 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVII - B-
Survivor Series '91 - D
This Tuesday in Texas - C
Starrcade '91: Battlebowl - C-

Royal Rumble '92 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVIII - B
SuperBrawl II - B+
WrestleMania VIII - B-
WrestleWar '92 - B-
Beach Blast '92 - B+
Clash of the Champions XIX - B
The Great American Bash '92 - C+
SummerSlam '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XX - B+
Halloween Havoc '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXI - C+
Survivor Series '92 - C-
Starrcade '92 - B-

Clash of the Champions XXII - B
Royal Rumble '93 - C
SuperBrawl III - B-
WrestleMania IX - C-
Slamboree '93 - D+
King of the Ring '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXIII - C+
Beach Blast '93 - B-
Clash of the Champions XXIV - C+
SummerSlam '93 - D
Fall Brawl '93 - C-
Halloween Havoc '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXV - C-
BattleBowl - D
Survivor Series '93 - F
Starrcade '93 - C

Royal Rumble '94 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXVI - B-
SuperBrawl IV - B-
WrestleMania X - B-
Spring Stampede '94 - B
Slamboree '94 - C
King of the Ring '94 - D
Clash of the Champions XXVII - C
Bash at the Beach '94 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXVIII - C+
SummerSlam '94 - C-
Fall Brawl '94 - C-
Halloween Havoc '94 - D+
Clash of the Champions XXIX - D
Survivor Series '94 - F
Starrcade '94 - D

Royal Rumble '95 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXX - D+
SuperBrawl V - D+
Uncensored '95 - F
WrestleMania XI - D+
In Your House 1 - C-
Slamboree '95 - C-
The Great American Bash '95 - D
King of the Ring '95 - F
Bash at the Beach '95 - F
In Your House 2 - C
Clash of the Champions XXXI - C
SummerSlam '95 - C+
Fall Brawl '95 - D+
In Your House 3 - C+
In Your House 4 - D+
Halloween Havoc '95 - F
Survivor Series '95 - C+
World War 3 '95 - C
In Your House 5 - C-
Starrcade '95 - B-

They did it! They managed to earn a B(-) in '95! Aaand the year is over! Huzzah!

strobogo

Banned
They did it! They managed to earn a B(-) in '95! Aaand the year is over! Huzzah!

SWERVE's on you: WCW PPVs are pretty shitty until GAB/BATB in 1996. And the first 2-3 months of Nitro are shockingly bad for the most part. Everything gets better when Hulk goes off TV, though.

SWERVE's on you: WCW PPVs are pretty shitty until GAB/BATB in 1996. And the first 2-3 months of Nitro are shockingly bad for the most part. Everything gets better when Hulk goes off TV, though.
I've gotten through the first year of Nitro. I can't really say I've enjoyed any of it at all. There are some fun small moments in promos, and some unexpected matches, but it's all skippable until Hall arrives.

strobogo

Banned
I've gotten through the first year of Nitro. I can't really say I've enjoyed any of it at all. There are some fun small moments in promos, and some unexpected matches, but it's all skippable until Hall arrives.

I think Sep-Dec 95 is fun shit. January-March is a lot of dog shit because it was Hogan fucking up DoD and Horsemen every week. April/May are generally decent enough, although not super interesting.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If he did, so did Neidhart, Brutus, and Jimmy Hart. And if that was the case, I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would accept them as members.

Every time I see Bru, it pisses me off. Your dad was in Grumpy Old Men, Some Like It Hot, China Syndrome, And The Apartment. You are David Flairing his legacy. (legacy legacy)

Recall

Dude, what are you talking about? There are multiple 10+ minute matches that go through commercial breaks on every single Raw.

Agreed! So many of these generic long matches are meaningless filler, followed by the guy making a belt motion around his waist or something to make you think something's happening, but it's nothing.

WWE isn't about letting personalities shine through, it's about scripting everything and hoping it works which has been the WWE's biggest downfall for going on 11 years.

Unless of course you are called Dean Ambrose where you can make everyone look amazing.

Gonzalez

Banned
Does anyone here know the name of the song that's used by All Japan when a match goes to a draw? You hear it a lot when Champions Carnival matches reach the full 30 minutes.

Watching some Big Time Wrestling from Detroit, what a dogshit territory. Sheik was so over, though. Everything was built around making him look good and hyping up whatever feud he was currently in - a cage match with Stan Stasiak, in this case. Dory Funk Jr. teams with Sheik against Stan and some jobber. Sheik and Stan end up fighting around the commentary booth which, bizarrely, is encased in a cage. Dory doesn't do much. Seems the order of the day for the big name guys coming through the territory was to do as little work as possible, because the fans were only interested in the 'hardcore' wrestling. They also show local high-school amateur wrestling matches and, in general, the whole presentation is super dry, which I guess is the opposite of what I expected from one of the first promotions known for hardcore wrestling.

Fuck that guy, the only youtube reviewer anyone should be paying any attention to is Dashawn's 2 Cents;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWTnNpR1UAQ

Watching some Big Time Wrestling from Detroit, what a dogshit territory. Sheik was so over, though. Everything was built around making him look good and hyping up whatever feud he was currently in - a cage match with Stan Stasiak, in this case. Dory Funk Jr. teams with Sheik against Stan and some jobber. Sheik and Stan end up fighting around the commentary booth which, bizarrely, is encased in a cage. Dory doesn't do much. Seems the order of the day for the big name guys coming through the territory was to do as little work as possible, because the fans were only interested in the 'hardcore' wrestling. They also show local high-school amateur wrestling matches and, in general, the whole presentation is super dry, which I guess is the opposite of what I expected from one of the first promotions known for hardcore wrestling.

Fuck that guy, the only youtube reviewer anyone should be paying any attention to is Dashawn's 2 Cents;

now this is true indy wrestling we're making

Recall

I've gotten the WCW WarGames boxset WWE released and as far as im concerned 1992 had such a perfect WarGames match that it makes total sense that every WarGames match that came after was just a huge letdown.

1992 was such a great year in general for both companies, lots of outstanding matches to track down and watch.

Why would I wanna listen to you while your in a hot tub with those manboobs jigglin?

FUUUUUCK OUTTA HEA WITH DAT SHIT MANG!

Watching some CZW from '99, Zandig vs Wifebeater's always good fun, but the difficulties of running a show on a football field in the pouring rain became apparent during the 3-way tag main event. Also, Nick Gage acting like a luchador for the whole match was weird.

Nobody messes with the Zandig;

Zandig.gif

Zandig2.gif

CZW cameras expertly catching Nick Gage's huge swanton off the ring truck;

Gage.gif

Why would I wanna listen to you while your in a hot tub with those manboobs jigglin?

FUUUUUCK OUTTA HEA WITH DAT SHIT MANG!

Zandig1.gif

Zach

That's fine. Just finishing '95 gives me a little momentum. And I look forward to the Royal Rumble because I want to see Steve Aus--excuse me... The Ringmaster.

Gotta admire Zach's determination and resilience tbh. Keep the ratings coming, I find them damn interesting.

It's been a fun little project. I'm glad some of you guys get a kick out of them.

It's been worth it for Pepe's outfits alone.

Zach

Is there a wrestling rumors archive somewhere? Haha, I'm such a dork. I'm just saying I would love to read some dirtsheetz from '96 leading up to the nWo. Sounds interesting.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wrong, humanoids. November is Nashvember and the main discussion topic will be the Wolfpac.

I already tried that last year. Or maybe it was the year before. A no-go. Nash is too big, too charismatic, and has too good of a look for these dorks.

Carnby

Woah!

Can someone fill me in on what happened between Stro and Aii?

Edit: When the Shield starting wearing skull masks, it always reminded me of Rob Zombie. I think they did this during the Hellbilly Deluxe 2 Tour (2010).

l.jpg

Pretty cool.

Top Bottom