• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

DiscoJon

Banned
The crowd reaction of the gif above was louder and hotter than 99% of whatever WWE wrestler gets today.

A real testament to how amazing Chris Jericho has always been.

x83Sc.gif

Alucard

Banned
So, after watching the last two Lucha Underground trailers, I'm really excited.

-Looks like they'll have a lot of pre-recorded scripted segments and training vignettes
-Reality TV talking head segments
-There will be inter-gender matches
-With a "season" structure, they know where they want each character to go, which means the potential for tighter and more satisfying story arcs
-Awesome visual vibe
-I'm wondering if they'll show full matches, and how those matches will be filmed

There is a lot to be psyched about.

-Looks like they'll have a lot of pre-recorded scripted segments and training vignettes
-With a "season" structure, they know where they want each character to go, which means the potential for tighter and more satisfying story arcs
-Awesome visual vibe
-I'm wondering if they'll show full matches, and how those matches will be filmed

Hope they have explosions
07wsxexplode.gif

Or fireballs

Zach

Yes! I've found some hilarious, outdated wrasslin' rumors site. I'm cheating and looking ahead.

From February 1996:

• Steve Austin is growing a goatee and will stay bald.
  • Diesel plans on re-signing with the WWF.
  • Razor Ramon must give his notice by next week if he plans to jump ship, since he signed a contract that rolls over automatically unless he gives a 90-day notice.
:D

somedevil

-Awesome visual vibe

Hope the Season ends like this:

Vylash

Now taking bets on what eventually causes Brother Bionic to drop his current gimmick

Option 1: fatigue, because it's been fucking forever

Option 2: Cena gets hit by a bus or some sort of large vehicle, causing him to switch to a different soul sucking leech, most likely Hogan

Now taking bets on what eventually causes Brother Bionic to drop his current gimmick

Option 2: Cena gets hit by a bus or some sort of large vehicle, causing him to switch to a different soul sucking leech, most likely Hogan
Bionic's posts are genuine and from the heart.

There's no such thing as gimmick posting.

Ninhead

Watching Fall Brawl 98 on the 9.99 machine. Is it just me, or does Konnan quoting Master P just feel... I dunno, shitty?

Also, David Penzer looks like half a butt puppet.

1. Cena would never stop doing something just because it's stale.

2. WELLLLLLLLLL IT'S THE BIONIC ARM

Everyone getting paid but Vince
I really wonder if at some point before he dies if a light will ever go on in his head that what he's giving people right now is not good. I think he sees things like the Network not doing so hot and not being able to get a decent TV deal as a failing of other companies for not "getting it," instead of Vince realizing what the entire world already knows which is that this is all just horrible TV. He's more out of touch than ever.

I feel 1993-1995 NG vibes from all of these fucking corny gimmicks and storylines that no one's emotionally invested in.

if2PmKu4ODFhr.gif

This ain't no gimmick, Jack. You best remember that.

Because if you don't, I'm not going to beat you, I'm going to beat your ass.

Bionic's posts are genuine and from the heart.

There's no such thing as gimmick posting.

Thank you, friend. You were always the sane one amongst these loons.

Here's a reminder of my full support for the illegal jiff future:

ig79hm9CpvJsS.gif

2. WELLLLLLLLLL IT'S THE BIONIC ARM

The Showster already has my support, and has had it for years now, Jack. That wouldn't be a change.

I have a class from 5:10-8 PM on Mondays this quarter, meaning i can't even watch Raw accidentally. I will be expecting high quality gifs for me to see when i get home for these next ten weeks.

JavyOO7

Watching the Austin story for the MNW doc. So far its more or less the same thing as his DVD that is also on the network. But I just love hearing his stories again, and the vignettes they are showing at his time at ECW. What passion.

Watching the Austin story for the MNW doc. So far its more or less the same thing as his DVD that is also on the network. But I just love hearing his stories again, and the vignettes they are showing at his time at ECW. What passion.
really the only wrestler I love to hear about and how his career came to be. guy kept wrestling popular for the rest of the 90s.

thank god hbk was out with an injury. sue me guys for saying that, seriously. austin and rock never would have got pushes if he never got injured and wrestling would have dropped in popularity around the time it was hitting it's zenith. it's the truth.

Alucard

Banned
¡HarlequinPanic!;133046657 said:
I'd like to see this as well. the hardys sounded like they were in a great place on talk is jericho a few weeks back, even if Matt talked way too much.

I thought that interview was good too. Both Hardys seem to know where they are in their careers, and it sounds like they have their heads screwed on right. Happy for the both of them, and I'm sure they'll be able to put together something fun with The Young Bucks.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They should put the Raw Bowl 96 on the Network. That was a dumb/great episode of Raw. And Sid hits one of the nastiest looking chokeslams ever on it.

Even if it does have jobbers like the Smoking Guns, Savio Vega, and worn out Yoko

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think that Vince commentary for the Raw bowl intro was Vince preparing for the XFL.

So no one is surprised why the XFL failed. Jesus, Vince's commentary voice is worse than his roster in 1995. And it STARTS with the Raw bowl event. And it takes forever

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hard times is when your card is Mabel vs Diesel, Henry Godwinn vs Triple H, and Jarrett vs Ahmed, daddy. Raw Bowl makes it so apparent how much Vince hates the god damn NFL. I can feel him smiling and veins popping while he worked on the script for this.

Zach

Welp... from this wrestling rumors website I'm looking at (May of '96):

When KEVIN NASH debuts on the 10 June 1996 Nitro (as
reported a few months back) it will be against ALEX WRIGHT and he will
be bringing back the VINNIE VEGAS gimmick (which was originally a
parody of VINCE MCMAHON in response to the WWF having TED DIBIASE as a
parody of TED TURNER).

New news on the "Blood Runs Cold" teasers: Late last week, most
sources are guessing it would be used for SCOTT HALL's return and
would be something close to ECW's "IceMan" gimmick when DEAN MALENKO
was there. (Scott will be programmed against HULK HOGAN as soon as
Hulk is back from his movie deal--but then note the next item). Now
the hotlines are all saying that the Blood Runs Cold promos are for a
team of three ninjas, one of whom will be Adam Bomb (who I reported
last week had decided to help out his wife's business rather than
re-sign with the WWF or jump to WCW--apparently he will be done
helping her out by the time this angle starts). Maybe they'll bring
back "YOSHI KWAN" CHAMPION as one of the other ninjas, as he was a
great worker.

>_>

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This Godwinn vs Hunter Hate Him match is better than I would have thought. Triple H hits a decent elbow drop off the pig pen.

Mabel's theme having the police sirens is pretty cool since they came back for his Big Daddy V gimmick.

Top Bottom