• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Who is wrestling nowadays that is That Motherfucker status?

Who would dress up as a hot dog for this main event though?

There's always...a Plan B.

BzTmyb-IgAAIN5M.jpg

bjork

I think the issue with the younger talent is the fact that creative won't let them embrace their character or in most cases...won't put more time in character development. Sure there's Bray Wyatt and a few others but the majority of the roster just seems like a bunch of high school jocks being forced to read from a script.

The reason why wrestlers from back in the days in the 90s and 80s were so over was the simple fact that character development was taking serious. Plus Kayfabe was apart of the wrestling code which Vince fucked up with the whole "attitude era" shit. It gets to the point where I can't take some of the storylines and gimmicks seriously since there's most emphasis for reality but let's focus on gimmicks and make it fun again.

Bottom line its a mess.

It was being ruined by the internet before that anyway, he was just opening the door and letting it all flow through.

Who is wrestling nowadays that is That Motherfucker status?

Heath Slater, baby

Cagey

Banned
How bad was that Reigns segment last night, eh? I don't mean to crap on the guy because it mostly wasn't his fault, but everything about that sucked.

Whoever thought putting Roman Reigns in a chair, in a hoodie, and having him smile and break the fourth wall and be like "yeah I'm hurt I'm bummed not fun I'd like to be wrestling soon" rather than doing anything kayfabe like talking about how he, too, wants to kill Seth Rollins and company is a moron.

WWE isn't a sport. I want to hear Rashad Jennings talk about his sprained knee honestly, not a wrassler.

they changed the hell in a cell poster to show ambrose instead of reigns

this would have been a cena/reigns feud if reigns didn't get hurt

I guess they would have just kept ambrose off raw or would he be feuding with kane and orton?

I was kinda flipping channels last night, but did Rock save us from a Big Show segment? Wasn't Show supposed to have some kind of sensitivity training?

Glad everyone's learning how freaking AWESOME Zack Sabre Jr. is. Amazing talent.

In other news, lol Muta;

"Muta told the Japanese media he intends to attack The Rock and challenge him when Rock comes to Japan later this month to help promote the DVD release of his film "Hercules."

Rock's promotional tour is the first time he's been in the country in 12 years, so Muta (who is headlining TNA Bound for Glory this weekend) is using that as a way to get himself and his promotion Wrestle-1 some media attention."

kiguel182

they changed the hell in a cell poster to show ambrose instead of reigns

this would have been a cena/reigns feud if reigns didn't get hurt

I guess they would have just kept ambrose off raw or would he be feuding with kane and orton?

Getting hurt isn't something I wish on a performer but what happen to Reigns is improving the show ten fold. Ambrose is way more entertaining than him in any possible way.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Glad everyone's learning how freaking AWESOME Zack Sabre Jr. is. Amazing talent.

In other news, lol Muta;

"Muta told the Japanese media he intends to attack The Rock and challenge him when Rock comes to Japan later this month to help promote the DVD release of his film "Hercules."

Rock's promotional tour is the first time he's been in the country in 12 years, so Muta (who is headlining TNA Bound for Glory this weekend) is using that as a way to get himself and his promotion Wrestle-1 some media attention."

Sure. Go for it Muta! Why not. That's funny to me.

Aiii

So not worth it
Getting hurt isn't something I wish on a performer but what happen to Reigns is improving the show ten fold. Ambrose is way more entertaining than him in any possible way.

No it's not. Raw is fucking awful. Actually terrible, it's now 2009 levels of awful.

Oh, but look, THE ROCK, there, it's good now right?

No, no it's not, it's awful with a 10 minute Rock segment in the middle. And you all fell for it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wish that Nemesis system would show up in WWE2k15...

kiguel182

No it's not. Raw is fucking awful. Actually terrible, it's now 2009 levels of awful.

Oh, but look, THE ROCK, there, it's good now right?

No, no it's not, it's awful with a 10 minute Rock segment in the middle. And you all fell for it.

I do not agree and it has nothing to do with The Rock.

It's all on Ambrose. He feels fresh and unpredictable and it's something the show has missed for a while. Cena being there sucks but it's a nice and new dynamic at least.

I don't care much for The Rock. He does is thing and that's it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Lord Sina The Benevolent would be immune to everything.

John Sina

Weaknesses:
Cannot summon reinforcements
No other wrestler will surpass his rank

Strengths:
Never gives up
99% chance after being dealt a finisher he will no-sell it within moments
DDT on Concrete immunity
Hustles (speed up)
Loyalty (Always has support of Mordor's corporate office)
Respect (You don't have to like him, but you must respect him)

Alucard

Banned
Cena has been dragging down the Ambrose segments for me. He's not believable at all, and his lines are as stale as 1-month-old bread.

Ithil

Cena has been dragging down the Ambrose segments for me. He's not believable at all, and his lines are as stale as 1-month-old bread.

This clean cut goof in his brightly coloured caps and merch with his jorts just looks absurd next to the gritty looking Ambrose. And it's not like Ambrose is a super gritty character, he still has a lot of humor and wackiness to him.
Cena just looks like a dork out there.

Cagey

Banned
I do not agree and it has nothing to do with The Rock.

It's all on Ambrose. He feels fresh and unpredictable and it's something the show has missed for a while. Cena being there sucks but it's a nice and new dynamic at least.

I don't care much for The Rock. He does is thing and that's it.

Dean Ambrose isn't FFWD material or anything of the sort, but I don't approach Monday night thinking "man I can't wait to see what Dean Ambrose does on Raw tonight". He alone is not compelling enough to get me excited to watch the show.

He's entertaining and fun. His stature among the internet fans benefits from the rest of the show not being entertaining nor fun, because the lone bright spots appear brighter than they are.

I feel like Sandow's current gimmick will be a waste unless the Miz is injured or leaves to film another DVD leaving Sandow to wrestles as the Miz himself for the weeks he is off TV.

Sephzilla

This clean cut goof in his brightly coloured caps and merch with his jorts just looks absurd next to the gritty looking Ambrose. And it's not like Ambrose is a super gritty character, he still has a lot of humor and wackiness to him.
Cena just looks like a dork out there.

Yeah, Cena just looks plain when put next to someone who actually has a personality

Sephzilla

I feel like Sandow's current gimmick will be a waste unless the Miz is injured or leaves to film another DVD leaving Sandow to wrestles as the Miz himself for the weeks he is off TV.

i think the gimmick is eventually going to lead to Sandow thinking he deserves a starring role

enewtabie

Legit suprised by the Rock,but Jesus Christ on a shingle is this show killing me. You keep bringing out these awkward stars who wouldn't know a dropkick from a pogostick. Now we get NeNe next week. Wow I'm almost willing to watch the Kardashians at this point.

I feel like I'm watching the same matches every week with no payoff. There are more than two tag teams in the WWE. The mantadors and the gator might as well be Doink the clown and can we give Caesaro a belt?? I do like Ambrose's skits but Orton and Kane have got to be tired of doing the same matches and Brie might as well come out to the Cena's music because she's unbeatable now.

Paige vs Aj in a Hell in the Cell and give Bo/Caesaro a belt.

Sorry but this irritating to watch and I want it to be good.

Fox318

Best thing that could happen to the WWE is if Vince has Cena do another movie.

Get him out of the spotlight and truly start to develop story lines.

Top Bottom