• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

Alucard

Banned
Yeah, Cena just looks plain when put next to someone who actually has a personality

I'm actually curious...on a scale of 1 to 10, how would most people rate John Cena's...

Charisma
Speaking ability
Wrestling ability
Character

For me...

Charisma 7
Speaking 7
Wrestling 7.5
Character 3

kiguel182

Dean Ambrose isn't FFWD material or anything of the sort, but I don't approach Monday night thinking "man I can't wait to see what Dean Ambrose does on Raw tonight". He alone is not compelling enough to get me excited to watch the show.

He's entertaining and fun. His stature among the internet fans benefits from the rest of the show not being entertaining nor fun, because the lone bright spots appear brighter than they are.

I really like Ambrose so that doesn't apply to me. I can't wait to see what he does next. The only problem I have with him is the possibility of Cena burying him and Rollins at Hell In A Cell.

I'm also really enjoying Sandow and Miz.

Rusev and the pro-american speeches are probably the only duds in the show right now with the rest going from passable to good.

It could be way worse.

i marked out yesterday, yesterday was a raw to remember for the ages

now when i am with my 3 year old nephew and he says "i wanna watch peppa" i can go "wait little grasshopper, it has been predicted that this raw will be as good as the one of october 6th, 2014, which was the day coney island got featured on raw"

Sephzilla

I'm actually curious...on a scale of 1 to 10, how would most people rate John Cena's...

Charisma
Speaking ability
Wrestling ability
Character

For me...

Charisma 7
Speaking 7
Wrestling 7.5
Character 3

Charisma - 7.5
One thing I cant deny about Cena is that he has some natural charisma to him. He genuinely seems like he's a pretty cool dude. He's not on Hogan/Rock tier where charisma completely covers up some of his other flaws though. His charisma is pretty much negated by his horrible WWE character though.

Speaking ability - 4
He's regressed a lot as a speaker in the last few years in my opinion. He's gotten into a pretty predictable cadence with his promos. It doesn't help that he isn't given much to work with from the writing staff, but he just doesn't sound like he cares half the time and doesn't even try to be creative.

Wrestling ability - 5
Cena is a decent wrestler when he wants to be, but that's extremely rare. In general the book is out on Cena in terms of being an in-ring talent - he's mediocre at best. This is probably the most direct parallel he has to Hulk Hogan. Cena can't really carry a match on his own to save his life. Most of Cena's memorable matches are when he's put against a much better in-ring talent.

Character - 2
He's such a boring and bland character now, which is sad because I genuinely liked Thugonomics Cena. Any time Cena is put next to anyone else who actually has some kind of personality or character, Cena gets horribly exposed for how boring he actually is whether he's put against Rock, Ambrose, or even Hogan.

bjork

Charisma
Speaking ability
Wrestling ability
Character

For me...

Charisma 7
Speaking 7
Wrestling 7.5
Character 3

I think his capability and what is on the show aren't the same, so it's hard to say. I don't like his finishers and I don't like his stupid submission hold face, and I don't like preacher mode cena promos. But I think when nWo Cena happens, he's gonna be like all 9s.

NastyBook

tumblr_nd1t0n7HFl1r6d97so1_500.png

#3MF
I want to buy ALL of their merchandise.

just saw this on the NJPW English FB

We have to regretably announce that iPPV service of USTREAM ended as of Sep. 30th, 2014 (for 9.21 Kobe Event).
It is under study how to provide overseas with the images of NJPW matches in the future.
Thank you for your kind understanding

;_;

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Fox318

When the Rock came out did anyone else catch what JBL said?

When the crowd started chanting Holy Shit he said this:"Little different chant than the gator and the bull"

I wonder if Vince heard that.

BFIB

Caught Raw last night. Wasn't...half bad.

But seriously, the constant snickering from Cole whenever The Rock is on the mic has to be one of the most annoying things ever done.

NBA 2K might have shitty online again. Fuck 2K, at this point I wouldn't even be surprised if the next gen version of WWE has only versus mode that works correctly.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Lol, it's horseshit that NBA and the Show get away with this garbage every single year.

And every year people just take it. Because properly functioning online honestly isn't that big of a deal to a lot of people even though we all pretend it is. It's like Battlefield 4's issues stopped almost NOBODY.

You CAN ship a broken game and people will say they care, but their wallets speak the truth. Gaming can get away with a lot of shit because people are weak or they don't truly feel as strongly as they say they do.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Costume Quest 2 and Styx are the best releases of this week. Styx is a little janky, but I dig that about it. Hard as fuck sometimes.

strobogo

Banned
When the Rock came out did anyone else catch what JBL said?

When the crowd started chanting Holy Shit he said this:"Little different chant than the gator and the bull"

I wonder if Vince heard that.

I don't know why he would care since that segment was clearly one just to be openly shit on by the crowd and announcers. Which is weird and pointless, but they've been doing a lot of those kinds of segments over the past 4 years or so.

Fox318

I don't know why he would care since that segment was clearly one just to be openly shit on by the crowd and announcers. Which is weird and pointless, but they've been doing a lot of those kinds of segments over the past 4 years or so.

What was worse?

The Kathy Lee and Hoda segment or the Gator segment.

Zach

Ooooh, harsh. Now give me your thoughts on the following wrestlers:

Bret Hart
Mr. Perfect
The Undertaker

Do I look like your god dang monkey? Because that's exactly what I am.

Bret Hart
Charisma: 7
Speaking: 7
Wrestling: 10
Character: 8

You know, I was never a huge Bret Hart fan, but my chronological viewings have really made me an admirer of his work. And the knocks on Bret are always about his lack of charisma and speaking ability. I don't really buy into that. He seems very believable for the most part, and that's great. And I can't really find a fault in his in-ring abilities. He really was excellent at his craft.

Mr. Perfect
Charisma: 6
Speaking: 6
Wrestling: 9
Character: 6

I thought higher of Mr. Perfect before my recent chrono-viewz. Hearing him (and the announcers) say "perfect this, perfect that, perfect perfection perfect" all the time is tiring. Still fun to watch wrestle, specifically when it comes to selling.

The Undertaker
Charisma: 8
Speaking: 5
Wrestling: 6
Character: 7

His gimmick definitely has an appeal (although, I'm not usually that into it personally). He's pretty good in the ring when he wants to be, but his character limits that and many of his matches, especially up to where I am, are dreadfully boring.

I'm Zach Cornette and that's my opinion.

Alucard

Banned
Zach, you gave The Undertaker a 7 in terms of character? @_@ Weird. Most say he's the greatest gimmick/character in pro wrestling history.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Have you played CQ2? How is it? The boy and I are very excited about it.

Yep. They added some new stuff, but it's a lot more of the same. Which I think is ok because it's been so long since the last one. The characters are still super like-able and don't come off as obnoxious to me as the Broken Age characters do. The game kind of reminds me of the Peanuts Halloween specials of video games. Though with a little Christmas Story type humor in it.

Zach

Zach, you gave The Undertaker a 7 in terms of character? @_@ Weird. Most say he's the greatest gimmick/character in pro wrestling history.

And they're not wrong. But you asked what I thought. I've always felt he's a bit corny. It's definitely interesting and I can see people getting behind the character, but I've never loved it. Also, I have to included that hilarious biker gimmick in my rating. Rollin' rollin' rollin'! >_>

P.S. Paul Bearer was the best.

Zach

Yep. They added some new stuff, but it's a lot more of the same. Which I think is ok because it's been so long since the last one. The characters are still super like-able and don't come off as obnoxious to me as the Broken Age characters do. The game kind of reminds me of the Peanuts Halloween specials of video games. Though with a little Christmas Story type humor in it.

Sir, I am loving your assessment.

And I backed Broken Age and still haven't played it... I should probably do that...

Top Bottom