• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

Elgin update

ROH vs PWG it seems

Despite this, ROH are still upset with Elgin. The only reason they worked to get him back into the US is they'd prefer to pay him to do something rather than nothing. ROH is becoming more stricter on their contracted talents exploits outside the company. ROH isn't an independent promotion anymore and they like NJPW do with AJ Styles, want their talents protected wherever they wrestle. For example, Adam Cole wrestled for small independent promotion Empire State Wrestling in Niagra Falls, NY. He was promoted as ROH's Adam Cole and lost his match via DQ because ROH don't want their top stars losing clean on the indies anymore. When Elgin lost to Trevor Lee at PWG's BOLA, ROH were said to be furious. I know that Hunter Johnston (Delirious) has contacted Super Dragon and reiterated their deal. Any contracted ROH talent taking a loss on a PWG show must be cleared by ROH management. For example, ROH would have little issue with Elgin jobbing for Chuck Taylor, despite Taylor working for Gabe Sapolsky. Taylor's a well known, respected name on the indies who has built up a good reputation and who is recognizable to those who follow independent wrestling. Trevor Lee is enjoying his first exposure to any sort of attention through PWG and ROH don't view him as somebody who should be going over their contracted wrestlers, especially not their World Champion.

But heel Biker Taker is the best Undertaker gimmick ever

I imagine Super Dragon and Delirious wearing their masks over the phone with Delirious yelling gibberish angrily and Super Dragon eventually giving the phone the finger.

I can't stop laughing at this post. Thank you for this.

Just 2 TMFs hanging out

By-QX_zIUAEf0fZ.jpg

Elgin wrote on Facebook about this:

I first want to say thank you to all the supporters out there, it has been my pleasure to perform for you.
I want to admit the quitting on twitter is a little childish but I don't want to be advertised for a show I won't be a part of.
I will give kudos to ROH for rushing to get me back home, for that I am grateful. I had numerous conversations with the company about all situations that have occurred and told them my stance. I was trying to be business minded and was trying to reach a full understanding that would allow both parties to move forward. Nothing was agreed upon and instead of trying to reach an agreement they announced me for this weekends upcoming shows.
I would not have taken to twitter in this matter as I have held my tongue this entire time. I feel everything that has went down is between the parties involved and no one else. In all that I just don't want to have people thinking I'll be somewhere I won't be.

I love professional wrestling, i have given almost 14 years to it and wouldn't change it for the world. It's my passion and what has drove me to become the man I am today. I love and respect Professional wrestling with the upmost regard. Thank you for supporting it and please continue to do so.

Alucard

Banned
ROH TV ep.159 Results and Review:
http://www.wrestleenigma.com/ring-o...m-cole-is-a-jerk-and-ciampa-loses-it-on-elgin

ROH159.jpg

It was a great two-match show. The matches were:

-Adam Cole vs. Hanson
-Tommaso Ciampa vs. Michael Elgin

Ciampa and Elgin beat the hell out of each other, and the angle at the end came off really well. Tons of passion from Ciampa. Well worth checking out once it hits the ROH website on Thursday or Friday @ http://rohwrestling.com/tv/current

A couple of gifs from the episode:

Hanson with a somersault dive, and awesome facial expressions from Cole.
ColeHansonDive.gif

Ciampa would hit SEVEN knee strikes on ring announcer Bobby Cruz after eating the loss to Elgin.
CiampaCruzKnees.gif

Alucard

Banned

I imagine Super Dragon and Delirious wearing their masks over the phone with Delirious yelling gibberish angrily and Super Dragon eventually giving the phone the finger.

I...thank you for getting this image into my mind.

strobogo

Banned
What was worse?

The Kathy Lee and Hoda segment or the Gator segment.

I'm going to say the Kathy Lee/Hoda segment, because I don't think it was intentionally supposed to be terrible. You were supposed to watch that and be like "YAY we're gonna fight breast cancer!". The Gator thing was just one of those weird things to give everyone a chance to shit on something. I can't figure out why they do that so often. Stuff that not only they have to know the crowd is going to shit on, but stuff the announcers openly shit on as well.

Not for me.

Heel Biker Taker is the best. He did pretty much suck from 2000-the heel turn turn, though.

Fox318

I feel like this is worth repeating.

Two wrestlers who won the WWE Championship including one who won the main event at Wrestlemania were getting over less than a man outside the ring shadow wrestling.

Best Takers are Lord of Darkness (early Attitude era)

Ministry (pre-corporate)

Heel Biker

and his last consistent run before he was a once a year thing

Fox318

I'm going to say the Kathy Lee/Hoda segment, because I don't think it was intentionally supposed to be terrible. You were supposed to watch that and be like "YAY we're gonna fight breast cancer!". The Gator thing was just one of those weird things to give everyone a chance to shit on something. I can't figure out why they do that so often. Stuff that not only they have to know the crowd is going to shit on, but stuff the announcers openly shit on as well.

Heel Biker Taker is the best. He did pretty much suck from 2000-the heel turn turn, though.

It seems crazy.

Jerry Springer did it the right way with getting taken out on the stretcher but the should have cut him or really hit him with a chair or something.

Alucard

Banned
ROH have been in PWG shadows for years. Someone tell Delirious it's no longer 2005.

I think they're different companies with very different goals. ROH has a greater reach and receives more exposure due to:

-TV presence
-Touring
-iPPV and now PPV

I don't think it's fair to compare them outside of the in-ring product. In that regard, I'm more a fan of ROH as they at least try for psychology in some matches. PWG is like one big spotfest. Nothing wrong with being that, but let's call them what they are. I still like both companies for different reasons.

strobogo

Banned
I think it is interesting that PWG started out as ROH on the West Coast, ROH poaches all the guys they give big breaks to, and PWG is held in higher regard online even though ROH is bigger, has TV/PPVs/tours.

Fucking howling at this.

RE: Elgin, he's an idiot and probably told PWG it was fine without thinking about the bigger picture. ROH has every right to exert that kind of control over contracted talent.

He'll probably get signed by the E before that happens. Him, Edwards, and Ricochet are who I'd bet on the next batch. I really doubt Adam Cole is going to make it past tryouts, but that's just me.

The only reason Cole didn't get signed earlier is because they thought he needed more experience.

This was like right before his super long ROH title reign. He's probably ready.

Alucard

Banned
He'll probably get signed by the E before that happens. Him, Edwards, and Ricochet are who I'd bet on the next batch. I really doubt Adam Cole is going to make it past tryouts, but that's just me.

The more I watch Cole, the more I see nothing but star quality. He has...

-a great look
-good instincts, especially as a heel
-fantastic facial reactions and selling
-very good mic game

I think he's ready, but how many more guys could the WWE have room for?

Exactly. It's a work, but there should still be some kayfabe involved. I've never even heard of the guy Elgin was beaten by.

I'm ready for this eventually, but I want him to keep going as a tag champ with Fish.

Trevor Lee. Up and comer in the indy scene.

And I want Fish and him to stay buddy buddy on their way to the top. They are fantastic.

Replace Edwards with Cole and I'm with you.

As far as ROH and PWG, I like 02-05 ROH over PWG. From 10-now, I much prefer to watch PWG.

Alucard

Banned
Trevor Lee. Up and comer in the indy scene.

And I want Fish and him to stay buddy buddy on their way to the top. They are fantastic.

Replace Edwards with Cole and I'm with you.

As far as ROH and PWG, I like 02-05 ROH over PWG. From 10-now, I much prefer to watch PWG.

From 2014 onwards, we'll all prefer Lucha Underground, baybay.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Adam Cole just has the dullest look in wrestling to me. Short trunks, Steve Corino hair but not blonde, so-so build, average face with no prominent features. Just another face in the crowd. Looks like a guy who would be champion in the territories but one of those territories that no one talks about except for locals.

WWE needs to use who they have right now. One thing I'll say about WWE before the Attitude Era, They had those young guys, a lot who were unproven, but they stuck with the ones they could and they made them seem important because they had to. Owen, Bret, Undertaker, Shawn, Diesel, Hall, and so on all got equal time on the Raws I've been watching. Only Shawn got a little bit more but what can you do about that? WWE has way too many people on their roster now to get away with that.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I see we have forgotten how mediocre Rock's last run was?

I also see we are ignoring everything Ambrose does because "IF YOU SMEEELEEELALALALALALALA WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING?"

There are very many awful things in WWE right now, but to claim the entire roster is devoid of charisma is taking things too far.

The bigger problem is that the entire available roster with any kind of charisma are all involved in the same storyline.

Alucard

Banned
Adam Cole just has the dullest look in wrestling to me. Short trunks, Steve Corino hair but not blonde, so-so build, average face with no prominent features. Just another face in the crowd. Looks like a guy who would be champion in the territories but one of those territories that no one talks about except for locals.

We'll see. My appreciation for him grows with each month. He's also someone who ONLY cares about wrestling. He's said in interviews that he didn't watch sports at all when he was growing up...he only watched wrestling, and that's carried over into the present. I hope he has success because I personally feel he's ready for this and that he's pretty polished at this point.

WWE needs to use who they have right now. One thing I'll say about WWE before the Attitude Era, They had those young guys, a lot who were unproven, but they stuck with the ones they could and they made them seem important because they had to. Owen, Bret, Undertaker, Shawn, Diesel, Hall, and so on all got equal time on the Raws I've been watching. Only Shawn got a little bit more but what can you do about that? WWE has way too many people on their roster now to get away with that.

you are right friend, we need a unique look and beast of a man. this would be the perfect time to bring him out of retirement and right a wrong by WWE. talking about of course:

MwOZz5F.gif

Sephzilla

Ooooh, harsh. Now give me your thoughts on the following wrestlers:

Bret Hart
Mr. Perfect
The Undertaker

Bret Hart
Charisma: 7
Speaking: 7
Wrestling: 10
Character: 8

I actually thought Hart had a good character. He was a fighting champion who didn't simply act happy to be there. He had a different level of confidence than, for example, Daniel Bryan had. It made Hart look like a fairly intimidating face champ in my opinion.

Mr Perfect
Charisma: 10
Speaking: 10
Wrestling: 10
Character: 10

Mr Perfect was awesome. One thing I'm glad about friend 9.99 WWE Network is that I'm able to go back and appreciate Mr Perfect since he was a tad before my time.

The Undertaker
Charisma: 7
Speaking: 6
Wrestling: 9
Character: 10

Undertaker took what would normally be a 2 year gimmick at most, made an entire fucking career out of it, and made a few more careers in the process. Also once he stopped having to carry King Kong Bundy and Giant Gonzales characters we actually found out he was a damn good wrestler too.

Top Bottom