• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

njean777

The point is that WWE is reeling from just now discovering what happens when you only build one star, so they have to cash in on established stars from the past.

But there was literally like no point. They are not gonna feed him to Rusev. Also they are building dean right now so there really is no point.

Anth0ny

Well, third hour had the highest rating (it's usually second hour, right?) thanks to Rock... but they really should have advertised that shit beforehand, assuming they knew he was coming.

I was actually doing homework during Raw and it was my dad that was flipping through channels and saw THE ROCK on wrestling. He called me, and I figured it was just some 9.99 commercial or some shit. Instead, a 20 minute segment with the dude. That's definitely long enough for a ton of people to tune in... yet not enough to beat last week's rating, strangely enough.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0692000461/?tag=neogaf0e-20

This book is super-rare and out of print but is probably the best one out there.

I actually own it. And it has some crazy stories in it. But the main draw for me was how brilliant Gary was with booking and wrestling as a whole. I've considered selling since it's going for $400 and $500 some places but i dunno I really like owning a book that is so sought after and held so highly by so many.

I really hope it will eventually make it's way to ebook. I doubt it will ever get a second printing.

Edit: I bought it at one of my favorite used bookstores in Detroit. Think I paid $15-$20 for it.

I actually own it. And it has some crazy stories in it. But the main draw for me was how brilliant Gary was with booking and wrestling as a whole. I've considered selling since it's going for $400 and $500 some places but i dunno I really like owning a book that is so sought after and held so highly by so many.

I really hope it will eventually make it's way to ebook. I doubt it will ever get a second printing.

Court Bauer said the author won't do an E book because he afraid of getting sued by people Gary talked bad about .

strobogo

Banned

Edit: I bought it at one of my favorite used bookstores in Detroit. Think I paid $15-$20 for it.

You should scan it page by page and put it in a pdf. Or sell it to Sunny for $850.

Zach

If it won't change your life in any meaningful way to sell, I suggest you keep the book.

You should scan it page by page and put it in a pdf. Or sell it to Sunny for $850.

I'd read a pdf version. :D

Showaddy

I know people shit on Rock, but this would be the best match for the company during hard times, dadday.

Rock vs Austin or Rock vs Brock would help WWE Network numbers tremendously.

Not actively fucking up anyone decent on their roster would probably help them more.

DMczaf

And Cena hasn't done that?

I'd trust the Rock to put someone over more than Cena at this point.

Did you not see Sina raise Rock's arm in triumph at WM29?

Rock got the Sina rub, and now he's hotter than ever. Just look at that reaction last night.

Fox318

Did you not see Sina raise Rock's arm in triumph at WM29?

Rock got the Sina rub, and now he's hotter than ever. Just look at that reaction last night.

I saw Cena on the Today show and Cena as the only person hugging and helping Cancer victims.

I guess Kofi and Ziggler just give people cancer unlike John Cena.

Although I did hear a conspiracy theory that Cena was handing out irradiated Tshirts to children so that he would always have a line of make a wish kids for him to whore out.

I know it's going to be a triple threat of cena, ambrose and rollins in a cell but I hope I'm wrong. It's not the match people want to see but maybe it's the match we deserve (network numbers!)

Verendus

Banned
Rock vs. Brock is like Rocky facing off against this generation's Kane. He needs to stop wasting his time.

Kane himself has been reduced to this generation's Mideon.

I just got done reading Lou Thesz's book, 'Hooker'. I'd definitely recommend it, a great read that I enjoyed most for the history lesson on the early days of pro-wrestling and Lou's dealings with promoters. There's a few good stories there, but Thesz didn't hold many of his peers in high regard. Also, I'd recommend Stan Hansen's book 'The Last Outlaw', some great insight into the life of an American pro-wrestler in Japan and Stan's career in general. Similarly, 'Masked Decisions' by The Destroyer was a good read that follows Dick Beyer's lengthy and impressive career across the world.

Omega

Banned
while i think talking about Rusev/Rock is stupid because it has 0 chance of happening..having someone other than Cena fighting older established superstars other than Chris "Not relevant since 2004" Jericho can help them a lot.

It sends a message that no one else is worth being in the ring with them, and whether it's true or not, it's hard to make people buy into your superstars when you don't even buy into them.

Say what you want about that walk out, but he was in a match with Bork, Rock and Taker in the last two years. Taker hadn't fought anyone besides HHH/HBK for the 4-5 years before that. People were able to buy into him because you knew even though they were never going to make him #1 over Cena, they still liked him and you weren't wasting your time on another "feed to Cena" guy

too bad he had to be a bitch and walkout

Rock vs. Brock is like Rocky facing off against this generation's Kane. He needs to stop wasting his time.

Kane himself has been reduced to this generation's Mideon.

Mideon huh? I await the next Kane gimmick change to keep things fresh, Naked Kane, he'll wear his mask over his privates.

while i think talking about Rusev/Rock is stupid because it has 0 chance of happening..having someone other than Cena fighting older established superstars other than Chris "Not relevant since 2004" Jericho can help them a lot.

It sends a message that no one else is worth being in the ring with them, and whether it's true or not, it's hard to make people buy into your superstars when you don't even buy into them.

Say what you want about that walk out, but he was in a match with Bork, Rock and Taker in the last two years. Taker hadn't fought anyone besides HHH/HBK for the 4-5 years before that. People were able to buy into him because you knew even though they were never going to make him #1 over Cena, they still liked him and you weren't wasting your time on another "feed to Cena" guy

too bad he had to be a bitch and walkout
most of the part timers are probably huge assholes that would refuse to put anyone over.

Only two wrestlers qualified to take on Brock at this point is The Rock and John Cena.

Possibly Reigns but either way it will feel too soon by the time he returns.

Kurt Angle, I guess? would be terrible and honestly after being in TNA so long and being in terrible shape he doesn't qualify.

Fox318

I read it back when it came out and loved it. I need to get the new version on Kindle

Also, seated at Smackdown. It's half an hour before the start, but man it's empty so far.

Is Main Event filmed on the same night?

Will Vince have Rachel Ray host?

odX9fH6.gif

strobogo

Banned
most of the part timers are probably huge assholes that would refuse to put anyone over.

Only two wrestlers qualified to take on Brock at this point is The Rock and John Cena.

Possibly Reigns but either way it will feel too soon by the time he returns.

There is one man who is qualified:

iNJBmn4v08Yhb.gif

Gonzalez

Banned
Picked up Edge of Tomorrow today, and now I've popped it into my player. The main menu is literally just the picture of Blunt & Cruise
Starring at each other, and a song from the score. No other bells, and whistles. I know Blu Ray discs have used stills to save space on the disc in the past, but this has to be the laziest, and cheapest main menu I've ever seen.

I give it a year before Blu Ray dies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I kinda want to get that Alien game just for the sake of loving the aesthetic of the original movie. Looks like they really nailed that part.

gurudyne

I hope it is Rock/Brock.

I don't think I could stomach a Roman/Brock mania main event.

My guess: Rock/Brock at Rumble, Cena wins Rumble, Brock/Cena ME at Mania while Roman/Rock at WM for torchpassing. Rock-Brock-Cena headlining Raws from Rumble to EC to WM might draw those six-month subs Vince wants.

charsace

Watching Raw I couldn't help but think how bad things would be if Roman Reigns was in Ambrose place for all of this. Reigns surgery was a blessing for fans because we get a little something while the WWE is shit. Because when Ambrose was out doing the movie WWE was the worst it has ever been in a good while. Reigns just doesn't look natural with this silent, big man tough guy gimmick. On the flip side I think you put this gimmick on Cesaro he would kill with it due to the physical ability, in ring skill, in ring charisma, and in ring psychology he has.

Top Bottom