• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

JavyOO7

I had no idea... Death of WCW 10th anniversary is already live to buy on the Kindle! I have it on my paper white now. Oh man... so many good books to read...

somedevil

Smackdown spoiler. Another midcarder down the drain.

1. Kane defeated Adam Rose. Kane squashed Rose in under a minute with a chokeslam. The Rosebuds tended to Rose. Kane destroyed all of the Rosebuds with the exception of The Bunny

That spoiler is not going to make anyone mad. It just make people more happy that this happened.

1. Kane defeated Adam Rose. Kane squashed Rose in under a minute with a chokeslam. The Rosebuds tended to Rose. Kane destroyed all of the Rosebuds with the exception of The Bunny
No one gives a fuck about Adam Rose. Though I think this is Rose's first loss ever. He's been undefeated on TV.

That spoiler is not going to make anyone mad. It just make people more happy that this happened.
Yep. Fuck that guy.

Omega

Banned

gonna watch SD just for this

Zach

Yep it was really bad in the subway. His hair was dry so he couldn't matte it down over his forehead. This is a legit issue that people are disregarding. A big part of Ambrose's fan base are fan girls because he's aesthetic. I hope they take him off for a month and let him get plugs or something because if they wait too long it'll be way too obvious he got plugs. Now is the perfect time to do it when only weirdos like myself and stro notice.

I too notice. One of you jerks yelled at me for bringing it up once. >_>

Big One

Banned
Smackdown spoilers:

Rusev vs. Dolph Ziggler is next. Ziggler fought hard but Rusev got the non-title win with The Accolade. Lana cuts a promo on The Rock after the match. She says he will pay. Rusev challenges Big Show to a match on RAW.

So...
they're making Rock vs. Rusev into a program of some sort? Neat. Kind of makes sense though cause we have a picture of The Rock talking to Rusev and Lana around Wrestlemania 30 season before they debut.

bigkrev

Royal Rumble will be in Philly

They are now reaping Rollins- Kofi from earlier tonight, if that match ends up looking strange
And they have the EXACT SAME match. Right down to the strange finish (2 buckle bombs and a curbstomp)

Smackdown spoilers:

Rusev vs. Dolph Ziggler is next. Ziggler fought hard but Rusev got the non-title win with The Accolade. Lana cuts a promo on The Rock after the match. She says he will pay. Rusev challenges Big Show to a match on RAW.

So...
they're making Rock vs. Rusev into a program of some sort? Neat. Kind of makes sense though cause we have a picture of The Rock talking to Rusev and Lana around Wrestlemania 30 season before they debut.

My thoughts on this:

terrible terrible terrible. at this point I've given up on dolph and all the good talent working the midcard. it is so back and forth. one week they're winning matches and looking strong while the other they job to one of vince's experiments. he is the IC champion and the belt is practically worthless at this point by the way it's being defended.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Don't be foolish, If they can convince Rock to do one more Wrassssssslemannnnnniaaaaa it will be Rock/Brock as its a guaranteed big money draw.

Fox318

What is with non title wins?

If title holders are wrestling in non house shows(ie televised) the belt should be on the line.

Well, now Ambrose can win without pinning Cena:

Miz announces that Cena vs. Ambrose at HIAC will be a NO HOLDS BARRED CONTRACT ON A POLE MATCH.

acrid

Banned
06.jpg

Are those Dudley midgets?

Can you fellas just fucking spoiler tag everything having to do with Smackdown? I can easily guess what's going on by the context. We don't need Buzzfeed clickbaiting. If we want to be spoiled on Smackdown, we'll highlight it.

That's definitely Rose's first TV loss, but isn't that also Kane's first victory all year? lol
Smackdown spoilers:

So...

I see the
Intercontinental Championship is still worthless

Alucard

Banned
Watching Ric Flair vs. Kerry Von Erich for the first time right now. Michael Hayes looks awful in those jeans and with that hair.

Edit: Von Erich's punches look real. Damn real.

Alucard

Banned
The announce team calls the sleeper "the sleep hold" in this time period.

Really enjoying watching this match and listening to the commentary. This was before I started watching in 1990.

somedevil

Well, now Ambrose can win without pinning Cena:

Miz announces that Cena vs. Ambrose at HIAC will be a NO HOLDS BARRED CONTRACT ON A POLE MATCH.

So
this will lead to Orton screwing him and that leading to a cell match. A ladder match though instead a pole match would make more sense though

The Rumble will be so goddamn hype. I'm going to try and get a group of my Philly friends to go, but we'll see how that goes. People flake the fuck out sometimes.

It's not a joke

The company is, but the spoiler isn't

For real?

awful

so they are doing this to save face for cena when he loses?

just let Ambrose get a fucking clean pin on him.

we have two more damn weeks of build and the match is on PPV. is that really too soon to put ambrose over? at least let him get a dirty win or something similar to Punk/Cena MITB 2011

bigkrev

Stuff that will be of air:
Paul Heyman's cut a promo before the show saying he was the greatest GM in history, among other things
Booker T making Teddy, Sheamus, Henry, Usos, Swagger and The bull all do Spinaroonis.
Post show Dark match was Cena Dean vs Kane Rollins, with Ambrose pinning Kane. He cut a promo saying he got his start in Philly on Swanson street and thanked everyone for coming out

The Rock HHH pretape was cool,and the opening segment is worth going out of your way to watch, but otherwise a nothing show

Post show Dark match was Cena Dean vs Kane Rollins, with Ambrose pinning Kane. He cut a promo saying he got his start in Philly on Swanson street and thanked everyone for coming out

As someone who worked at The Arena and knows a lot of the people there who put a whole lot of effort into making that place go, that's pretty awesome of him to do.

i get why, but the rock's cheesy smiling all the time kind of negates a lot of the appeal his old character had. also he didn't say anything good really, mostly cheap pops and and calling lana a hooker.

Alucard

Banned
Man, Kerry Von Erich sold like a million bucks near the end of the Flair match, after he had had the cage door slammed in his face. So good.

Anth0ny

i get why, but the rock's cheesy smiling all the time kind of negates a lot of the appeal his old character had. also he didn't say anything good really, mostly cheap pops and and calling lana a hooker.

This is true.

At the same time, his promo ability still completely shits on the entire regular roster combined. That's what's so fucked up. That's why he still gets the reaction he does. It's part nostalgia, part the fact that he's so damn good (comparatively).

Alucard

Banned
This is true.

At the same time, his promo ability still completely shits on the entire regular roster combined. That's what's so fucked up. That's why he still gets the reaction he does. It's part nostalgia, part the fact that he's so damn good (comparatively).

The Rock's charisma is off the charts, and he's one of the best talkers of all time. In regards to last night, I thought he spent at least two minutes just going for local proximity pops by mentioning all the burroughs and places nearby.

also when he said 'the rock's gonna let you in on a little secret, that nobody back there has been able to tell you. we don't hate you because you support russia....we hate you...because YOU ABSOLUTELY SUCK' (arrogantly grimacing suddenly as he says that) followed by a smackdown would've been a lot better.

a lot better than half mumbling 'because you're a couple of world class a-holes...' and then yammering on a bit more before the punch.

i dunno. it's like even when they've got an easy ride the wwe flubs things. it's weird.

Top Bottom