• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

Alucard

Banned
I'm somewhat irritated that the talents of Heyman are used up on trying to sell a shitty convoluted storyline like, Ambrose Vs. Cena winner gets Rollins. Because the wrestlers themselves can't get the fans to give one little shit about the bogus story that the writers have come up with.

Agreed 100 percent. And this is largely due to the WWE's internal structure and the corporatization of the company. Guys aren't allowed to really be themselves and to grow naturally, but are instead forced to "grow" within the limited confines of the paper-thin stories they are given.

Guys lets have a tag match and it will end in DQ because another wrestler who is in the match hits someone else in the match and the ref just decides "HEY HEY RING DA BELL!"

Also, lets do this multiple times in a row on different shows.

Alucard

Banned
Guys lets have a tag match and it will end in DQ because another wrestler who is in the match hits someone else in the match and the ref just decides "HEY HEY RING DA BELL!"

Yeah, I can't believe there wasn't a bigger "WTF" reaction to that spot online. Made zero sense. Kane can't hit his opponent? Yeah.

Gonzalez

Banned

The WWE/WWF tag match style has always sucked(get DQ'd after interfering a couple of times). The only time it doesn't is when they are allowed not to work that style(Smackdown Six, and the recent Uso matches with the Wyatts), but still they somehow revert back to the old formula.

Zach

Scott Norton, protector of downed Gaffers

i4ux5d0kb1VIf.gif

Heh...

strobogo

Banned
The WWE/WWF tag match style has always sucked(get DQ'd after interfering a couple of times). The only time it doesn't is when they are allowed not to work that style(Smackdown Six, and the recent Uso matches with the Wyatts), but still they somehow revert back to the old formula.

What are you talking about? I don't remember a single DQ for breaking up too many pins until this year. That was allegedly a rule that no one realized or enforced for 30 years in WWE. And now it is only enforced when they don't want to do a real finish. I don't remember that ever being used in the 80s or 90s. I think I had seen it in some NWA and Japan stuff, but not in WWE until recently.

Gonzalez

Banned
What are you talking about? I don't remember a single DQ for breaking up too many pins until this year. That was allegedly a rule that no one realized or enforced for 30 years in WWE. And now it is only enforced when they don't want to do a real finish. I don't remember that ever being used in the 80s or 90s. I think I had seen it in some NWA and Japan stuff, but not in WWE until recently.
It's there, they just use the old behind the refs back to explain the lack of DQ's when they don't call them.

Speaking of Tag Matches, I was watching a ROH show from 2002 and they were putting over the white chord the tag partner has to hold on to. Made me chuckle, but they did a good job of making it seem important and one of the long lost rules of wrestling.

Gonzalez

Banned
Speaking of Tag Matches, I was watching a ROH show from 2002 and they were putting over the white chord the tag partner has to hold on to. Made me chuckle, but they did a good job of making it seem important and one of the long lost rules of wrestling.

I remember that too. I also remember the Smackdown Six era revived that idea as well. Such a cool little detail that got forgotten about when Vince decided he didn't like tag wrestling again.

strobogo

Banned
I believe NXT has the tag ropes. Actually, I think the main shows still have them, but they aren't used very often. Pictures from Raw show the tag ropes dangling, but not being used during the tag matches.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I believe NXT has the tag ropes. Actually, I think the main shows still have them, but they aren't used very often. Pictures from Raw show the tag ropes dangling, but not being used during the tag matches.

They had a push pretty recently 2009? 2010? Where they were using the tag ropes. It was pretty dope.

Gonzalez

Banned
After watching The Crow again I've come to realization that Crow Sting(at least pre-red & black) is so much better than the movie character that it was ripping off. No smiling, no talking, no joking, and all mystery. WCW took a concept, and corrected it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Did y'all see Del Rio is gonna be wrestling for WRESTLE-1 in November? I'm excited.

Howling at people trying to charge ridiculous markups for Rumble tickets already. Some dude bought like 40 on Craigslist and is charging like 200%

RP912

Banned
Man I wonder how the Philly crowd will react when
Romain Reigns
wins the rumble...and eliminates
Daniel Bryan

Sephzilla

After watching The Crow again I've come to realization that Crow Sting(at least pre-red & black) is so much better than the movie character that it was ripping off. No smiling, no talking, no joking, and all mystery. WCW took a concept, and corrected it.

I think both work well but yeah Crow Sting ended up being cooler for these reasons.

Man I wonder how the Philly crowd will react when
Romain Reigns
wins the rumble...and eliminates
Daniel Bryan

It will be like when
Batista
won the Rumble
except with more boos because he'll probably eliminate Ambrose as well

I'm starting to wonder if they're going to put Ambrose in something good for Mania. I honestly don't think Reigns wins the Rumble, but he does wrecking ball everyone again.

I still say Bryan/Brock is your Mania main and Bryan taps him to win, but a dark horse would be Ambrose/Brock

Sephzilla

I want to believe that but I have a hard time believing Vince is going to give Bryan back to back WrestleMania main event victories. It felt like Vince had to be dragged kicking and screaming into the Daniel Bryan bandwagon the first time.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I want to believe that but I have a hard time believing Vince is going to give Bryan back to back WrestleMania main event victories. It felt like Vince had to be dragged kicking and screaming into the Daniel Bryan bandwagon the first time.

lol no chance

Bryan on the preshow

Well, conventional logic says that Batista returning and winning the Rumble would've been fine, but the audience reaction really shook people. That's when things changed. Bryan hit supernova there just through his absence.

I don't think Vince makes that mistake again. If he does, it's to make someone new like Ambrose or Reigns.

The answer is no. It's always no.

They kicked off his real singles push at Summerslam though. They did the same thing with Bryan and look how that ended?

lol no chance

Bryan on the preshow

Look you boner

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If Vince listened to Tumblr, WWE would be weirdly exciting.

The Shield would reunite with a Live Sex Celebration
Bryan would remain beta as fuck

That's about it

RP912

Banned
I'm starting to wonder if they're going to put Ambrose in something good for Mania. I honestly don't think Reigns wins the Rumble, but he does wrecking ball everyone again.

I still say Bryan/Brock is your Mania main and Bryan taps him to win, but a dark horse would be Ambrose/Brock

Reigns not getting his shining moment in the rumble and his wrestlemania moment? Lol Vince only sees dollar signs...not logic.

As far as Bork/Bryan is concern...I doubt it's going to be such a thing given the fact that Brock will probably drop the belt by survivor series if not sooner.

Zach

I love both.

Reigns not getting his shining moment in the rumble and his wrestlemania moment? Lol Vince only sees dollar signs...not logic.

As far as Bork/Bryan is concern...I doubt it's going to be such a thing given the fact that Brock will probably drop the belt by survivor series if not sooner.

Reigns got his shining moment last year, that's what got him started. Bryan's definitely more of a draw than Reigns though, which in hindsight is an odd thing to say.

Brock's keeping that shit until Mania, guaranteed. They don't go the route they did without having him hold the belt hostage for a while.

Sephzilla

Well, conventional logic says that Batista returning and winning the Rumble would've been fine, but the audience reaction really shook people. That's when things changed. Bryan hit supernova there just through his absence.

I don't think Vince makes that mistake again. If he does, it's to make someone new like Ambrose or Reigns.

I want to believe the booing of Batista was a huge difference maker, but I think the real difference maker was that Batista was fucking awful when he actually got in the ring during his return run. He was gassed after a few minutes and most of his moves looked sloppy as fuck.

Aiii

So not worth it
They kicked off his real singles push at Summerslam though. They did the same thing with Bryan and look how that ended?

Punk can only quit the company once though, so there's a discrepancy in this theory.

And as great as Ambrose is, he's not the one they chose. Hell, his current program only exists by virtue of Reigns' hernia.

RP912

Banned
Reigns got his shining moment last year, that's what got him started. Bryan's definitely more of a draw than Reigns though, which in hindsight is an odd thing to say.

Brock's keeping that shit until Mania, guaranteed. They don't go the route they did without having him hold the belt hostage for a while.

True but at the end of the day WWE doesn't hear reaction or even see potential draw though. They want to be in control of what draws for the star studded event of the year. So Bryan vs Brock which could be the biggest match of the decade will be push to the side for the meh pair up of Brock/Reigns because they so desperately trying to fulfill an era that died years ago...and they refuse to let it go despite the godtier roster they have as of this moment.

True but at the end of the day WWE doesn't hear reaction or even see potential draw though. They want to be in control of what draws for the star studded event of the year. So Bryan vs Brock which could be the biggest match of the decade will be push to the side for the meh pair up of Brock/Reigns because they so desperately trying to fulfill an era that died years ago...and they refuse to let it go despite the godtier roster they have as of this moment.

eeehhhhh

Sephzilla

Naw, there's no way they're reaching Rock/Cena levels of hype for that match.

Honestly there's just straight up nobody on the active roster you can put against Brock and have people go "holy fuck I need to see this".

Honestly there's just straight up nobody on the active roster you can put against Brock and have people go "holy fuck I need to see this".

Did you not enjoy the classic and emotional matches between HHH and Brock?

RP912

Banned
Punk quitting didn't have nearly the level of Wrestlemania impact people want to think it had.

Because people were so focus on Bryan being in the Main event so badly that punk mattered but not in a catastrophe magnitude. Wrestlemenia 30 looked like shit as time was progressing before hand with speculation that Punk was going to wrestle Trips and Batista was going to wrestle Orton for the belt. It reeked of Vince's dream of what the company needs to produce instead of how the PPV turned out with it being sort of a pass of the torch to the new generation.....and cena reigning supreme.

RP912

Banned

The match alone screams wrestlemania moment right there. It's like Andre/Hogan levels of anticipation with Bryan being the underdog and Bork being the beast. All this buildup needs is segments from Heyman, staredowns, and beatdowns for this match to be a success....or if all else fails....it can be paired with the obvious Cena/Reigns match which seems likely.

DMczaf

Not if goofy ass face promo Bryan returns

...oh yeah. I forgot what Bryan's character turned into before he left. :(

Why everyone gotta turn into Cena when they get a face push? Roman Reigns was practically reading a Cena promo during his shitty taped interview on Monday.

*pauses for crowd reaction*

*crowd does not react*

*smug smile believing the crowd just popped*

Anth0ny

I honestly don't see a scenario where Bryan doesn't win and the crowd doesn't shit on that Rumble.

I get the feeling they'll do one of two things:

1. Bryan stays off TV (even if he's cleared to return), and they make it abundantly clear that he is not cleared to compete and therefore will not be on the show in any way.

2. Bryan gets his title shot against Brock at Rumble. Gets decimated, cannot enter the Rumble.

Either way Reigns is the first man and wins the whole thing free. The crowd will NOT like it. This whole Reigns build comes off as way too forced.

...oh yeah. I forgot what Bryan's character turned into before he left. :(

Why everyone gotta turn into Cena when they get a face push? Roman Reigns was practically reading a Cena promo during his shitty taped interview on Monday.

*pauses for crowd reaction*

*crowd does not react*

*smug smile believing the crowd just popped*

I am not the weak link Bryan stands a better chance

Sephzilla

Because people were so focus on Bryan being in the Main event so badly that punk mattered but not in a catastrophe magnitude. Wrestlemenia 30 looked like shit as time was progressing before hand with speculation that Punk was going to wrestle Trips and Batista was going to wrestle Orton for the belt. It reeked of Vince's dream of what the company needs to produce instead of how the PPV turned out with it being sort of a pass of the torch to the new generation.....and cena reigning supreme.

Yeah. WM30's projected card going into Royal Rumble was terrible.

I just meant that I don't think Punk quitting is what started the domino effect of getting Bryan into the main event. Bryan was already over as fuck before Punk left, Batista being in terrible ring-shape was going to happen regardless, and Orton was putting on boring matches with everyone. The biggest direct impact of Punk's departure was probably that he freed up Triple H to go have a better match with someone else.

Top Bottom