• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

JBL has been getting on my nerves ever since Los Matadors debuted. El Torito is NOT a real bull. He walks on 2 legs and wrestles. The bunny is NOT a real bunny. Hornswoggle is NOT a real alligator. Listening to JBL try to convince fans that these costumed people are actual animals is beginning to feel like playing WCW thunder where one of the cheats is that you get to play as a giant 2 legged ant. 

njean777

JBL has been getting on my nerves ever since Los Matadors debuted. El Torito is NOT a real bull. He walks on 2 legs and wrestles. The bunny is NOT a real bunny. Hornswoggle is NOT a real alligator. Listening to JBL try to convince fans that these costumed people are actual animals is beginning to feel like playing WCW thunder where one of the cheats is that you get to play as a giant 2 legged ant. 

JBL pisses me off all the time, he is the fucking worst imo. Cole and King are annoying at times, but JBL does nothing but makes fun of either Cole, or the wrestlers wrestling. Its fucking annoying. If you are going to be the "heel" announcer, be more like King was with JR.

RP912

Banned
I lone for the day of Jesse Ventura shitting on commentators and calling people pukes. JBL does the heel shtick ass backwards. You are suppose to be a heel not fucking obnoxious.

saw someone post in the rock topic about 'the rumours stone cold is returning' - is that just blah blah or is there legitimate hearsay and scuttlebutt

Fox318

What do you expect him to say. Vince thinks that match is for the kids and it's constantly in the ear of the team. This goes for all of the announcers (even Cole). They should stop feeding them lines and bullet point what storylines they need to get across and improv the rest.

The calls need tip feel like they are seeing stuff for the first time and the only way to top that is to have the team in the dark and forced to comment know what they see and go with the flow of the match.

Remember this

http://youtu.be/eiwm8x97iBQ

This shit is all on one person.

Alucard

Banned
I'm with you man

The way he just crumpled to the mat at the very end of the match was superb. This type of storytelling is really hard to come by now or in any era, I'd imagine. Really enjoyed that whole match.

Also, the commentary was really damn good. They just focused on discussing the match and what area of the body was being worked, what kind of effect a move would have, etc. I miss wrestling being called like a sport. It's why I enjoy Kevin Kelly, as much as people shit on him for his "soaring and scoring" line.

Omega

Banned
I lone for the day of Jesse Ventura shitting on commentators and calling people pukes. JBL does the heel shtick ass backwards. You are suppose to be a heel not fucking obnoxious.

Jesse was the best heel commentator imo

being that he's old, I have no idea if some of his commentary was him playing the heel or shit he actually believes

either way it worked.

RP912

Banned
Jesse was the best heel commentator imo

being that he's old, I have no idea if some of his commentary was him playing the heel or shit he actually believes

either way it worked.

Him and Schavone had like the best chemistry out of all the pair ups he had during his commentary run imo. Dude was pretty much trolling the hell out of Schavone.

Fox318

How did Ventura comentate in the xfl while serving as governor?

How in the Hell did people actually vote for that insane asshole?

Dodged a major bullet on Rumble tickets just now. Since Wells Fargo are asses and didn't put up the seating chart yet, I came very close to getting 8 seats that were behind the stage

Rock thread?

I still liked it when Torreto made him tap!!

Entropia

No One Remembers
Can you fellas just fucking spoiler tag everything having to do with Smackdown? I can easily guess what's going on by the context. We don't need Buzzfeed clickbaiting. If we want to be spoiled on Smackdown, we'll highlight it.

we're just a bunch of carnies though! Clickbaiting is how we survive!!

Also, this is new to me!

3CPTu5f.gif

Gorillaz

it's twerking maggle look at it

John and Cenation will go the way of Hogan and Hulkamania; It's going to be huge: Cena will then wrestle for TNA, then he'll get married to Nikki; they'll have two kids - one will be talentless, the other a screw up. After 20 plus years of wedded bliss, they'll divorce Cena will get tattoos and have a sex tape.

The end.

What do you expect him to say. Vince thinks that match is for the kids and it's constantly in the ear of the team. This goes for all of the announcers (even Cole). They should stop feeding them lines and bullet point what storylines they need to get across and improv the rest.

The calls need tip feel like they are seeing stuff for the first time and the only way to top that is to have the team in the dark and forced to comment know what they see and go with the flow of the match.

Remember this

http://youtu.be/eiwm8x97iBQ

This shit is all on one person.

Holy Smokes! I legit LOL'd at booker saying "what?" though

I actually like all of the things you hate about JBL. Same goes for his inspirational voice when talking about Bo. It makes the stupid shit we watch more entertaining. There's not really much to like about anyone of the commentary team except for that one guy on NXT that may or not still be on the show. Bring back Booker.
mmLeiBq.gif

gaiadyne

John and Cenation will go the way of Hogan and Hulkamania; It's going to be huge: Cena will then wrestle for TNA, then he'll get married to Nikki; they'll have two kids - one will be talentless, the other a screw up. After 20 plus years of wedded bliss, they'll divorce Cena will get tattoos and have a sex tape.

The end.

There won't be a TNA by the end of next year... Global Force Wrestling maybe

40 man Rumble huh?

Reigns gonna beat his own record. Bryan outlasts 39 other men just like Rey Mysterio and no one else.

But seriously, when you have roster depth issues, a 40-man Rumble is the last thing you should think about doing. Granted there will be returns a plenty come Mania season.

40 man Rumble huh?

Reigns gonna beat his own record. Bryan outlasts 39 other men just like Rey Mysterio and no one else.

But seriously, when you have roster depth issues, a 40-man Rumble is the last thing you should think about doing. Granted there will be returns a plenty come Mania season.

Bryan and Brie will enter the Rumble separately. Eventually they clear everyone out, look at each other, then exit the ring simultaneously because of love.

10 more jobbers than usual.

I find it mildly amusing that WWE is going to have that scumbag Todd Chrisley guest host Raw, especially during "Breast Cancer Awareness Month™" given his apparent abusive history with his first wife and mother.

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

WCW Monday Nitro 8/26/96

• Juventud Guerrera vs Billy Kidman
  • Marcus Bagwell/Jim Powers vs Big Bubber/The Taskmaster
  • Mike Enos vs Chavo Guerrero Jr
  • JL vs Rey Mysterio Jr WCW Cruiserweight Championship
  • Jim DOOGUN vs The Giant
  • Rock N Roll Express vs Ric Flair/Arn Anderson
  • Chris Jericho vs Alex Wright
  • Steiner Brothers vs Blue Bloods
  • Chris Benoit/Steve McMichael vs Sting/Lex Luger

A lot of firsts on this show. The first appearances of Jericho and Juvi in WCW. Konnan debuts his cholo look. Someone acknowledges and expresses their annoyance with the never ending Glacier videos. Ted DiBiase makes his first appearance in WCW and says that a 5th will be there next week. Was he talking about the nWo? Was he talking about the Horsemen? Was he talking about whiskey? The world may never know. The nWo spray paints other guys for the first time.

El Patron's going to W-1;

"It has been announced that the former WWE superstar Albert Del Rio will wrestle for W-1 at their Ryogoku Kokugikan show on 11.01"

Alucard

Banned
El Patron's going to W-1;

"It has been announced that the former WWE superstar Albert Del Rio will wrestle for W-1 at their Ryogoku Kokugikan show on 11.01"

That's cool. Glad he's keeping busy. He probably comes off better on a slightly smaller stage where wrestling is the focus.

Alucard

Banned
Btw, remember when we were all excited about an AJ and Paige feud? Good times. Waaaay better in our minds than in reality.

Gonzalez

Banned
Paul Heyman comes out in front of the Philadelphia crowd at the Smackdown tapings to talk about Cena vs. Ambrose:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x9ePealB1k

I'm somewhat irritated that the talents of Heyman are used up on trying to sell a shitty convoluted storyline like, Ambrose Vs. Cena winner gets Rollins. Because the wrestlers themselves can't get the fans to give one little shit about the bogus story that the writers have come up with for them to feud.

Top Bottom