• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Running around in our underwear making ugly faces

My four hour interview went well. I got an official offer. HR is going to follow up with the details.

I was asked by different people "what do you do for fun?" I was tempted to mention wrestling, but i didn't. Possible deciding factor?

Should've told them that you were a certified gamer.

EDIT: New Neville

ibzOadocv7Hz5B.gif

Gonzalez

Banned
DB+ just doesn't have that American morning talk show appeal to him, friends. He'll never be the face of the company.

Friend Heel and myself explained this many moons ago.

If the description of Daniel Bryan from that Reddit guy is true, then I can understand why Vince has cold feet about that man being on top.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I can't remember the final count, but Triple H's Kingdom Come DVD had the phrase "student of the game" over 13 times right?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My four hour interview went well. I got an official offer. HR is going to follow up with the details.

I was asked by different people "what do you do for fun?" I was tempted to mention wrestling, but i didn't. Possible deciding factor?

Good work brother! Now go draw money!

If the description of Daniel Bryan from that Reddit guy is true, then I can understand why Vince has cold feet about that guy being on top.

You mean being sarcastic as fuck due to the fact that he's spent years of facing constant criticism of his size no matter how talented you could possibly be? Bryan isn't gonna be the Kyo Kusunagi of the company, even I admit that. But he is far and away the Terry Bogard of the company, you know what I mean?

I'm hungry you guys, what should I have for lunch?

I said play video games, and the boss immediately asked console or pc? He then told me he refurbishes acrade cabinets and pinballs for a hobby.

That's fuckin cool bro. You are so in, Great Job!

Verendus

Banned
True but at the end of the day WWE doesn't hear reaction or even see potential draw though. They want to be in control of what draws for the star studded event of the year. So Bryan vs Brock which could be the biggest match of the decade will be push to the side for the meh pair up of Brock/Reigns because they so desperately trying to fulfill an era that died years ago...and they refuse to let it go despite the godtier roster they have as of this moment.
Come on now, in a decade where we've had Rock vs. Cena, Hogan vs. Shawn Michaels, Batista vs. Undertaker, Cena vs. Shawn Michaels, Batista vs. Cena, Batista vs. Triple H, this simply isn't true.

The biggest match to come is either another Rock match, or something like Cena vs. Undertaker. The B+ players of today can't even handle Wrestlemania alone without returning stars.

strobogo

Banned
The biggest match of the last decade (00s) was the gimmick battle royal at WMX7, which had the greatest worker of the last 35 years, Michael PS Hayes, as a top star.

idKa6kFNXbiE8.gif

Verendus

Banned
I think the worst thing about WWE today is that it almost feels like they don't want to give away too much, or are genuinely confused or something.

We could have had Bryan vs. Triple H, Cena vs. Undertaker, Batista vs. Lesnar, and Wyatts vs. Shield at Wrestlemania 30. But they were planning Batista vs. Orton, Lesnar vs. Undertaker, Triple H vs. CM Punk, and Cena vs. Wyatt. I can't comprehend that. I still remember not believing that crap until the Elimination Chamber event finished and I realised they actually can be that stupid. Your job is to sell the event, make money, and be successful.

The card we did ultimately get, thanks to fans forcing their hand, was better, but still not really fully utilising the talent available.

At Wrestlemania 31, I'm fully expecting them to not really make the best use of everyone.

Ithil

I'll defend Reigns to a certain point. At this point in Reigns' career he's ahead of where Cena was at the same point, IMHO. But Reigns is so not ready to sniff the main event yet, Ambrose and Rollins are both way ahead of him.

Not as a talker he isn't. Cena also took three years to get to the main event, and spent two of those as a very over midcarder. Reigns is apparently being primed for main event after only two, with only about 9 months of that spent as as singles guy (in the upper card cos can't take things slowly right?).

I think the worst thing about WWE today is that it almost feels like they don't want to give away too much, or are genuinely confused or something.

We could have had Bryan vs. Triple H, Cena vs. Undertaker, Batista vs. Lesnar, and Wyatts vs. Shield at Wrestlemania 30. But they were planning Batista vs. Orton, Lesnar vs. Undertaker, Triple H vs. CM Punk, and Cena vs. Wyatt. I can't comprehend that. I still remember not believing that crap until the Elimination Chamber event finished and I realised they actually can be that stupid. Your job is to sell the event, make money, and be successful.

The card we did ultimately get, thanks to fans forcing their hand, was better, but still not really fully utilising the talent available.

At Wrestlemania 31, I'm fully expecting them to not really make the best use of everyone.
I think you're right.

Ithil

Catching up on previous pages and about the 40 man rumble. Will they finally sign
Willie Mack
and bring back
Scorpio Sky, Hardys, and Ricker?
. Also when Barrett is supposed to come back?

Willie Mack was signed during the summer and is in NXT.

Verendus

Banned
I think you're right.
I'm hoping Rock comes back, if only so I can have Lesnar vs. Bryan, Batista vs. Rock, Cena vs. Undertaker, and Triple H vs. Sting. All on one card. Four hours, with one big match to close each hour. You could fill out the supporting card with some good matches too since you still have Ambrose, Rollins, Reigns, Orton, Cesaro, Wyatt all available.

What would really happen, is that you'd get Rock vs. Brock, Cena vs. Orton XXXVI, and Triple H vs. Reigns. Sting would end up as guest host. Rollins and Ambrose would probably be in a throw away tag match with four other guys. Bryan would end up stuck with Orton somehow in their two hundredth match.

I'm hoping Rock comes back, if only so I can have Lesnar vs. Bryan, Batista vs. Rock, Cena vs. Undertaker, and Triple H vs. Sting. All on one card. Four hours, with one big match to close each hour. You could fill out the supporting card with some good matches too since you still have Ambrose, Rollins, Reigns, Orton, Cesaro, Wyatt all available.

What would really happen, is that you'd get Rock vs. Brock, Cena vs. Orton XXXVI, and Triple H vs. Reigns. Sting would end up as guest host. Rollins and Ambrose would probably be in a throw away tag match with four other guys. Bryan would end up stuck with Orton somehow in their two hundredth match.

Should I buy an Xbox One or Wrestlemania 31 tickets if the first card you came up with happens to be true?

USA! USA! USA! Congrats Carnby! Told ya you'd own it.

Now get me some another IT job too :p

I don't know if I'm fully sold on those matchups but having those 8 guys involved would be pretty cool.

DMczaf

The scary part about this Stro swerve is that he's been making Michael P.S. Hayes GIFs for months, and storing them for this moment.

How many gifs does he have? How long as he been planning this?

So many questions.

strobogo

Banned
Fat black guy name in the WWE system in 2014:

Tyroneous Jackson
Thadeus Johnson
Leon Smooth
Sam Smith
Lester Holt

The scary part about this Stro swerve is that he's been making Michael P.S. Hayes GIFs for months, and storing them for this moment.

So many questions.

I looked and I only have 4 or 5. Since Minus apparently has completely given up on being able to tag and search for shit on their site, I have to look through each folder to find them.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Shit this should be Badstreet USA Month since the Freebirds are getting back together here in WrassleGAF.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

So many questions.

iq8UqvlbCLfLq.gif

RP912

Banned

Pretty much. This wrestlemania coming up seems meh as all hell. The only highlight so far is its in the new Levis Stadium. No pitchline, no type of hype, nothing. I remember back in the days and even last year they had hooks to get people excited about wrestlemania. You had Rock/Cena :/, Taker's streak, the WWE Network, etc. The thing that truly bothers me the most about WWE is how little amount of faith they have in their own roster. Why hire younger talent when you constantly rely on established wrestlers from the past to push your fucking company.

That's like Mcdonalds trying to raise the dead of the original cooks that used to make burgers for the first ever Mcdonalds.

Bottom line HAVE FAITH IN YOUR OWN ROSTER.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Unfortunate FACT:

Michael PS Hayes was the best Freebird as far as the gimmick is concerned

Fortunate FACT:

Jimmy Garvin was better at everything else

Verendus

Banned
Rock vs HHH or Rock vs Batista?

That tease Rock and HHH did on SD I know was more of a throwback to the main event of the first Smackdown, but that could be a big money match.
But then who gives the icon Sting a good match? I think Triple H is the best person for him this year. I'd trust him to give Sting a better match before Undertaker or Cena for example. Plus, he'd do the job too whereas I don't see Undertaker losing, and Cena is probably the worst person for him to face upon his return. You know Triple H would sell the hell out of that match in the weeks leading upto the event.

I'd really like Sting to have a few matches, not just one match with Undertaker and then disappear. And if they do plan for him to have more than one match, Triple H is the perfect starting point. He's better right now than anyone on the roster when it comes to building up matches.

To me, the overall card is more important than just one or two big matches too.

Rock vs. Brock could be better simply because Brock is being booked as a monster so that naturally creates interest, but then Brock vs. Bryan is also a good match because even if fans don't give a shit about Lesnar generally, they do about Bryan more than anyone else so you have a hot match instantly. The crowd atmosphere is taken care of simply by Bryan being in the match.

It frees up Rock to do another big match too, and to put it simply, he's a much bigger factor in the match with Brock being interesting. The same as any match you put him in, because he's The Rock. Batista makes sense since no one likes him anyway, and both have gone Hollywood now. Plus, it doesn't affect Sting then.

I don't see any of it happening anyway. Wrestlemania 30 was probably the perfect time for WWE to do a stacked card, because they had no baggage with any superstars. Lesnar had nothing happening, Batista was returning fresh, Cena had nothing going on, and the only storyline was Bryan and The Authority. Yet they were still planning on giving us a pretty terrible card.

Top Bottom