• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oculus Quest

SScorpio

This is interesting! I have no idea how this work, I have progressive glasses (short and long range correction), can I use a receipt of that type for prescription lenses or should I use only short range correction?
You'll want to use your long range correction only. The lenses in a VR headset have the image at fixed focal distance of several feet out.

Tygeezy

I get the feeling that the studio that developed Asgards Wrath (Sanzaru) will announce a new game today. I see nothing from them since 2019 with Asgards Wrath and Oculus acquired them in February of 2020 and added them to their Oculus studios.

Last edited:

Kazza

Anyone want to hazard to any predictions for tonight's event? Maybe RE4VR will be hype enough that they won't feel the need to drop any more bombshells, but hopefully there will be some other nice surprises in store. I would love to hear the Panzer Dragoon VR game announced for the Oculus. The recent remake was grabbed up by Stadia, so maybe Facebook will want to hand over some cash for a port (and maybe some timed exclusivity). While it's obviously nowhere near RE4 levels of recognition, there aren't many established IPs in the VR space right now, so a cult classic IP has some value.

Apart from RE4, I've been trying to think of what other Gamecube-era games could get a VR remake (seeing as the graphics from that gen are doable for Oculus), but can't think of many other candidates. I'm currently playing through Timesplitters on the OG Xbox, and that could be a fun experience (although I would prefer a brand new Timesplitters VR game rather than a remake).

Looking forward to getting more details on RE4. Some people are predicting a shadow drop tonight, but I don't want to get my hopes up.

CloudNull

Banned
Anyone want to hazard to any predictions for tonight's event? Maybe RE4VR will be hype enough that they won't feel the need to drop any more bombshells, but hopefully there will be some other nice surprises in store. I would love to hear the Panzer Dragoon VR game announced for the Oculus. The recent remake was grabbed up by Stadia, so maybe Facebook will want to hand over some cash for a port (and maybe some timed exclusivity). While it's obviously nowhere near RE4 levels of recognition, there aren't many established IPs in the VR space right now, so a cult classic IP has some value.

Apart from RE4, I've been trying to think of what other Gamecube-era games could get a VR remake (seeing as the graphics from that gen are doable for Oculus), but can't think of many other candidates. I'm currently playing through Timesplitters on the OG Xbox, and that could be a fun experience (although I would prefer a brand new Timesplitters VR game rather than a remake).

Looking forward to getting more details on RE4. Some people are predicting a shadow drop tonight, but I don't want to get my hopes up.
They will for sure show Lone Echo 2. I hope they have added more gameplay elements to make it more engrossing and be a more fully fledged game.

Some one mentioned the Asgard’s wrath devs who have been quite for a couple years. VR games don’t take very long to make yet so hopefully some news on what they are working on. I bet they are working on a sequel to Asgard's Wrath because of the critical praise.

Besides that I am hoping to see at least 1 new AAA ip that Oculus is building. They have so many people working on vr and we need full games so hopefully they show some.

My pipe dream wish is a sequel to Apex Construct or spiritual successor. It was my first holy shit moment in vr and would love to see the torch passed. With the devs releasing Wraith soon the odds of this happening seem very unlikely.

Last edited by a moderator:
My pipe dream wish is a sequel to Apex Construct or spiritual successor. It was my first holy shit moment in vr and would love to see the torch passed

yes, not my first holy shit VR moment - those would be Battlezone, Raw Data and Skyrim - but the first made-for-VR game I bought day one, early 2018. It had plenty of VR good interactions, a fun inventory and bow and shield mechanics, also first fully realized action-adventure in VR I think - I really enjoyed that crazy world.

but their new game is atmospheric horror game Wraith the Oblivion - Afterlife. I'm not that hyped tbh. Though I know they have more in their pipeline, just nor sure they're showing any of that today.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
eZP8B90.jpg

200w.gif

Wait, what???

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
good news at least we get good looking lone echo 2
no stealth resi 4 vr launch meow

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Lot of Rift/Link games being shown so far. Here's RE4, though. *edit* RE4 has gone full Shenmue. I'm doing roomscale, this game looks fucking awesome!

Last edited:
Holy crap! 1080 Snowboarding from N64 :messenger_tears_of_joy:

How is Nintendo allowing this? I always thought it was a follow up to Wave Race - btw, we need this too

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Yep, some pretty decent stuff there. Resi obviously the highlight, but After The Fall and Wraith also definite buys for me.

Gotta be said, I’m more hyped for upcoming VR releases on Quest and PC than I am any pancake games right now. The more full experiences they make, the more I’m into it.

well, that was it. After the Fall, RE4 and a free update to the venerable TWD Saints and Sinners. Battlesister seems to be getting better and better too.

and nostalgia, man. That 1080 Snowboarding was really good on N64. Nice one.

They didn't show Puzzle Bobble VR, all I know that with these and Myst and Dr. Beef ports of old classic shooters, Oculus Quest 2 is downright the best place to relive classic games.

Last edited:
Top Bottom