• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oculus Rift (+ Oculus Touch) is $399 for limited time

Status
Not open for further replies.

rucury

Banned
Since it's a video thing, it's possible that TeamViewer is interfering somehow. Have you tried taking that out of the chain and working directly on the machine?

The white LED should mean that the rift is ready to display video output once the IR sensor detects that you've put the headset on (or covered it with a finger).

Your problem is that you can't use teamviewer during the set up process. You need to have a physical monitor connected as well during setup. Get an Displayport/DVI adapter for your monitor.

Yep!! That did it, thank you!

What I ended up doing: Miraculously found an old VGA cable, activated Intel HD graphics sharing with GPU from the BIOS, installed the latest Intel HD drivers, used the VGA to connect into my monitor and the HDMI to connect to the Rift. Managed to finish the setup and am very happy.

Izuna

Banned
So those active cables didn't help (unless I am supposed to buy power cables for them?)

Which sucks royally, because that means there might be no extender that helps me get 3.0 on the sensors. Not that I have had tracking issues anyway.

Anyone know what game is cross play with GearVR and Rift? Bae is visiting really soon and I would love for something to be multiplayer. I know about Minecraft but that's it.

Klotera

Finally got my rift from Amazon. The Rift showed up Friday and touch controllers showed up today.

My first impressions weren't great. First of all, I could not get the headset to work. I connected the sensor, the headset USB, and the HDMI. The two USB connections were detected, but it would not detect the HDMI connection. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling video drivers, moving around usb ports, starting/restarting, on and on. Finally read that someone simply used an HDMI to Displayport adapter and it worked.

So, I ran to Best Buy on Saturday and bought an overpriced HDMI->Displayport adapter. Sure enough, worked immediately using that. Can't explain why it won't work just plugged into the regular HDMI port, but if you are having issues with that, try using a displayport adapter.

Second bad impression was how unaccommodating it is to glasses-wearers. Glasses weren't particularly comfortable in my Daydream headset, but it worked. I assumed this would be about the same, but the space for glasses is even more cramped than that. I was afraid to put the headset on with glasses, thinking it would crush them. I tried without glasses, but it was a blurry mess. So, I found my old backup pair of glasses to wear while trying it, so if something happened to them, I wouldn't be too worried. It was awkward, but I finally figured out how to put it on over the glasses. It's definitely not comfortable at all, but it is working for me. If they had put a facial interface that added a little extra space between your face and the lenses, it would have gone a long way toward helping users with glasses. I'll probably be buying the prescription lens inserts once I have my next eye exam.

After all of that, I finally got going (Rift-only at that point). The fidelity of the image was definitely far better than the Gear VR or Daydream (obviously), which made me not care as much about the remaining screendoor effect. Lucky's Tale was interesting. Kind of cool doing a third person platformer, but being able to look around the level with head tracking. I had already played Anshar 2 on Gear VR and this was basically the same with better graphics, not too interesting. Unfortunately for me that day, most of the apps I was most interested in trying required Oculus Touch. So far, it was interesting, but not mind-blowing.

Today, Oculus Touch showed up (a day earlier than expected). Now this was the game changer. It's amazing how much more immersive it feels with the hand tracking. I was very impressed with how it can detected your fingers and thumb being open or closed. The 1:1 tracking was near perfect. The tutorial alone was mind-blowing. Honestly, Rift shouldn't have launched without touch controllers. If I only had the Rift and the Xbox controller, it would probably sit idle after the first couple days. The touch controller really completes the experience

The two main experiences I've had since are Google Earth and Robo Recall. It was fun finding places I knew in Google Earth and looking at a little 3D models of them. I then fired up Robo Recall. This is definitely the kind of experience to sell someone on VR. Really made me feel kind of bad-ass, pulling my guns out of their holsters, pointing each a different way, shooting, dodging, ripping robot heads off. I will be playing a lot of this.

Haven't tried the other free games yet, but already debating my first purchase. I'm thinking about SportsBar VR. Playing some shuffleboard and pool sounds kind of cool and relaxing. Superhot seems pretty great, too, but I think it may overlap a bit with what I'm getting from Robo Recall.

tl/dr - You may need to use a displayport adapter. Glasses are a pain, but I got them to work, finally. The experience is way better once the touch controllers are in the mix. I'm very happy with it after all that.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Finally got my rift from Amazon. The Rift showed up Friday and touch controllers showed up today.

My first impressions weren't great. First of all, I could not get the headset to work. I connected the sensor, the headset USB, and the HDMI. The two USB connections were detected, but it would not detect the HDMI connection. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling video drivers, moving around usb ports, starting/restarting, on and on. Finally read that someone simply used an HDMI to Displayport adapter and it worked.

So, I ran to Best Buy on Saturday and bought an overpriced HDMI->Displayport adapter. Sure enough, worked immediately using that. Can't explain why it won't work just plugged into the regular HDMI port, but if you are having issues with that, try using a displayport adapter.

Second bad impression was how unaccommodating it is to glasses-wearers. Glasses weren't particularly comfortable in my Daydream headset, but it worked. I assumed this would be about the same, but the space for glasses is even more cramped than that. I was afraid to put the headset on with glasses, thinking it would crush them. I tried without glasses, but it was a blurry mess. So, I found my old backup pair of glasses to wear while trying it, so if something happened to them, I wouldn't be too worried. It was awkward, but I finally figured out how to put it on over the glasses. It's definitely not comfortable at all, but it is working for me. If they had put a facial interface that added a little extra space between your face and the lenses, it would have gone a long way toward helping users with glasses. I'll probably be buying the prescription lens inserts once I have my next eye exam.

After all of that, I finally got going (Rift-only at that point). The fidelity of the image was definitely far better than the Gear VR or Daydream (obviously), which made me not care as much about the remaining screendoor effect. Lucky's Tale was interesting. Kind of cool doing a third person platformer, but being able to look around the level with head tracking. I had already played Anshar 2 on Gear VR and this was basically the same with better graphics, not too interesting. Unfortunately for me that day, most of the apps I was most interested in trying required Oculus Touch. So far, it was interesting, but not mind-blowing.

Today, Oculus Touch showed up (a day earlier than expected). Now this was the game changer. It's amazing how much more immersive it feels with the hand tracking. I was very impressed with how it can detected your fingers and thumb being open or closed. The 1:1 tracking was near perfect. The tutorial alone was mind-blowing. Honestly, Rift shouldn't have launched without touch controllers. If I only had the Rift and the Xbox controller, it would probably sit idle after the first couple days. The touch controller really completes the experience

The two main experiences I've had since are Google Earth and Robo Recall. It was fun finding places I knew in Google Earth and looking at a little 3D models of them. I then fired up Robo Recall. This is definitely the kind of experience to sell someone on VR. Really made me feel kind of bad-ass, pulling my guns out of their holsters, pointing each a different way, shooting, dodging, ripping robot heads off. I will be playing a lot of this.

Haven't tried the other free games yet, but already debating my first purchase. I'm thinking about SportsBar VR. Playing some shuffleboard and pool sounds kind of cool and relaxing. Superhot seems pretty great, too, but I think it may overlap a bit with what I'm getting from Robo Recall.

tl/dr - You may need to use a displayport adapter. Glasses are a pain, but I got them to work, finally. The experience is way better once the touch controllers are in the mix. I'm very happy with it after all that.
No clue if it'll help with you, but I find the best way to use glasses with the Rift are by putting on the headset first (while wearing your glasses), then pulling down the harness on the back of your head.

I'd also totally recommend Rec Room. It might be my favorite VR game so far. I tried Echo Arena for the first time today and really enjoyed it, too.

Planning on getting a new PC and then a Rift shortly after that.

Anyone have any idea how it would run on this?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-omen...rive-brushed-aluminum/5759917.p?skuId=5759917

It'll run VR games on high-max settings, but I'd recommend building yourself to save more money/get better parts for the same price.

No clue if it'll help with you, but I find the best way to use glasses with the Rift are by putting on the headset first (while wearing your glasses), then pulling down the harness on the back of your head.

I'd also totally recommend Rec Room. It might be my favorite VR game so far. I tried Echo Arena for the first time today and really enjoyed it, too.

It'll run VR games on high-max settings, but I'd recommend building yourself to save more money/get better parts for the same price.

Thanks, I appreciate it!

NimbusD

How do i even watch 360 degree videos? When I bought the system I figured Oculus would have a damn web browser by now...
Yeah honestly the biggest things the lacking is everything other than games. It really needs a whole ecosystem like Android or other things have. Like it's hard enough to figure out which of the video players are decent, but then if I want to download a 360 or 3d movie, unless it's one in the Oculus store, I gotta remove the headset to search for it, and if it's on YouTube or another streaming service, you gotta go through hoops to view it. As far as I know there's not even just a stereoscopic picture viewer. Not that if need to use it all the time, but I do have some pics I'd like to see in VR.

Really? I've heard the opposite where the Vive just works and the Rift with it's USB sensors can be a PITA esp. with driver updates and such. I have no personal experience with either though.

I see other disagreeing but having setup both this has been my experience. Setting up the Vive always reliably worked even on a only decent PC while Oculus has had alot of issues, mostly related to the USB connection, which isn't powered from a USB hub unlike the Vive.

If you're a pool fan, pool in Sportsbar is the closest you'll get to owning a table of your own without dropping tons of cash on a real one. My brother and I play together a couple times a week, and it's crazy how much it feels like we're hanging out in real life playing pool.

DK2 was 960x1080 per eye, unless you're doing low level accounting for pixels that weren't visible due to the lens and screen design.
Yeah, my mind wasn’t quite working :) 960x1080 per eye, because it was a single 1080p screen shared between both eyes, but a lot of that wasn’t visible. The optics in the CV1 are far better, aside from the lens-flare effect.

I wear glasses and refuse to get contacts because of fear of putting shit in my eyes.

I've heard not so great things about the VR lenses that are made for Oculus and shit. Is there a good alternative?

I wear glasses and refuse to get contacts because of fear of putting shit in my eyes.

I've heard not so great things about the VR lenses that are made for Oculus and shit. Is there a good alternative?

I used to be just like that, finally gave in a tried contacts. Dailys are the way to go, once you try them you won't go back to glasses exclusively.

Anyway I have tried glasses with my Rift and it doesn't work that well, my glasses aren't large by any means and it ls really tight. Didn't feel right.

I don't know about any alternatives, I'm sure someone here does though.

Lol. If he has a fear of shit touching his eye, pretty sure he's not going to want a knife and a laser any where near them.

I wear glasses with my Rift, they are fine except they tend to stay in the headset when I take it off :) What you need are thin frames, it’s the thick ones that have problems. If your frames end up being too big, then next time you get glasses, go for one of those deals where you can get a second pair for cheap and get the thinnest frames you can find.

Maybe at some point in the future, but with a starting engineering salary I can't exactly splurge 2-3K without it hurting me. Maybe if I look at my FSA. Recent friend did it, I'd need to see how it went for him.

I used to be just like that, finally gave in a tried contacts. Dailys are the way to go, once you try them you won't go back to glasses exclusively.

Anyway I have tried glasses with my Rift and it doesn't work that well, my glasses aren't large by any means and it ls really tight. Didn't feel right.

I don't know about any alternatives, I'm sure someone here does though.

Lol. If he has a fear of shit touching his eye, pretty sure he's not going to want a knife and a laser any where near them.

I wear glasses with my Rift, they are fine except they tend to stay in the headset when I take it off :) What you need are thin frames, it's the thick ones that have problems. If your frames end up being too big, then next time you get glasses, go for one of those deals where you can get a second pair for cheap and get the thinnest frames you can find.

Yeah I figured it's either contacts or thinner framed glasses. I am very much terrified of contacts but maybe it's time to get over it and try dailies.

giggaman

Neo Member
Head over to the gaf PC build thread. Definitely build one over that BestBuy one.

Why on earth would you recommend a novice "definitely" build a PC over this? It looks like a good price - $1250 for 1070 i7-7770 and 16GB of RAM. It's more than VR-ready. He's looking at saving at most $150-200 on a custom build, and would pile on tons of uncertainties. (I'd definitely buy a pre-built like this over getting 10 packages of components in the mail --easily worth it for the convenience). It's not a "definite" call at all. The only thing that kinda sucks about this Best Buy rig is the lack of an SSD. That can be added, easily, at any time.

Planning on getting a new PC and then a Rift shortly after that.

Anyone have any idea how it would run on this?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-omen...rive-brushed-aluminum/5759917.p?skuId=5759917
Pretty good - could have a better video card or hard drive but you’ll be able to run everything at decent quality with that one. Seems a pretty good pre-built for that price, with those parts you would only save a couple hundred bucks by building it yourself. That’s a pretty good price for peace-of-mind.

corin7

Neo Member
Finally got around to checking out Lone Echo. Hell of a first impression that game. The animation and texture work is classic Ready at Dawn. So good.

Pretty good - could have a better video card or hard drive but you’ll be able to run everything at decent quality with that one. Seems a pretty good pre-built for that price, with those parts you would only save a couple hundred bucks by building it yourself. That’s a pretty good price for peace-of-mind.

Okay awesome, thank you. I appreciate it the input.

Matthew23

Has anyone found a solution to the free Touch games not showing up after installation? I made it through setup, logged out/on, rebooted, checked to see if everything is up to date. I have an open ticket with Oculus support but there's no telling how long they will take to fix it.

Yeah and I was told several exercises to do every day but but since it does't bother me in normal day to day life, I have a really short attention span and I really didn't want to stare at a pencil in various ways for 20 minutes a day I neglected doing those exercises soooooo here I am now.

I have the same problem. When focusing on objects in the backround, I'll see double of images in the foreground, even when they are multiple feet away. The only time it's really ever been an issue for me is looking down the sight of a gun (which I rarely do).

With my touch controllers finally shipped I experienced this today in the robot demo after setup with the targets you briefly shoot at. I'm thinking any similar gameplay will be an issue. If I can train myself to close one eye completely and quickly line up the sights it should be better, but I'm not very good at it. After reading your post I started staring at a pen while I slowly moved it in various directions. I actually made it about 5 minutes before I started to feel my sanity slipping away.

MJPIA

My touch games haven't shown up either.
I'll contact Oculus tomorrow.

Hah I went and bought Archangel just for it to tell me my computer isn't compatible with the game and its Windows 10 only after I try to install.
It does say Windows 10 only on the main page but I apparently missed that part of the page.
Some warning during checkout that I'm buying a game my system doesn't support would have been nice.
Meanwhile on Steam minimum OS requirement for Archangel is Windows 7.

My touch games haven't shown up either.
I'll contact Oculus tomorrow.

Hah I went and bought Archangel just for it to tell me my computer isn't compatible with the game and its Windows 10 only after I try to install.
It does say Windows 10 only on the main page but I apparently missed that part of the page.
Some warning during checkout that I'm buying a game my system doesn't support would have been nice.
Meanwhile on Steam minimum OS requirement for Archangel is Windows 7.

You can request a refund.

https://www.oculus.com/legal/return-policy/

I recommend buying all non-Oculus exclusives through Steam. That way you'll have future compatibility with newer headsets besides Oculus.

Has anyone found a solution to the free Touch games not showing up after installation? I made it through setup, logged out/on, rebooted, checked to see if everything is up to date. I have an open ticket with Oculus support but there's no telling how long they will take to fix it.

I might be remembering wrong, but I believe you have to "buy" them from the store. They'll show up as free if you registered your touch device.

MJPIA

You can request a refund.

https://www.oculus.com/legal/return-policy/

I recommend buying all non-Oculus exclusives through Steam. That way you'll have future compatibility with newer headsets besides Oculus.

I might be remembering wrong, but I believe you have to "buy" them from the store. They'll show up as free if you registered your touch device.

Thats UK only as far as I can tell.

And honestly it may be better for future compatability and using Steam is unavoidable in general but I really hate Steam and haven't given them a single penny in over five and a half years and I really don't want to start now so I'd much rather buy anything I can through Oculus's store instead even if I'm locking myself in.

vanfanel1car

Neo Member
Thats UK only as far as I can tell.

And honestly it may be better for future compatability and using Steam is unavoidable in general but I really hate Steam and haven't given them a single penny in over five and a half years and I really don't want to start now so I'd much rather buy anything I can through Oculus's store instead even if I'm locking myself in.

Open a support ticket with oculus support. If you just bought it just explain your situation and I'm sure they'll refund it for you.

Matthew23

I tried earlier and they didn't show up as free for me (in US). I did get a response from support though asking for pictures of my receipt and serial numbers which I'll send when I get off work. It seems like they will be able to resolve the issue.

amardilo

Anyone know the exact date this deal ends? I know they said 6 weeks but I'm not sure if I should spend the money and am trying give myself as much time as possible to make a choice.

Amneisac

Hot damn Eve Valkyrie is amazing.
Flying around in heavies firing at enemies with Flak cannons using head tracking to aim is amazing.
And my touch controllers finally came so I'll be able to play several games I've been looking forward to that I couldn't play until they arrived.

It doesn't help.

Yeah and I was told several exercises to do every day but but since it does't bother me in normal day to day life, I have a really short attention span and I really didn't want to stare at a pencil in various ways for 20 minutes a day I neglected doing those exercises soooooo here I am now.

Well, I'd talk to a physician first, but VR has been used to help people with amblyopia and other conditions similar to yours. It's a much more fun way of doing visual exercises than the pencil. It's possible that with time and careful practice you could improve just by using the VR headset. Again, talk to your doctor.

Mascot

Anyone know the exact date this deal ends? I know they said 6 weeks but I'm not sure if I should spend the money and am trying give myself as much time as possible to make a choice.

I wouldn't leave it too late if I was you, as there's the possibility that vendors (or even Oculus themselves?) might cancel orders if the hardware isn't available to ship within the sale period, or even a 'reasonable' period beyond that. These things remain in very short supply. I had two Rift orders cancelled by a supplier a few weeks ago because they had no stock and weren't sure when they would get some in, if at all.

You snooze, you lose. Maybe.

If you ordered direct from Oculus, I suggest looking around to see if any other retailers have it in stock.
It seems like the retail partners are getting stock before Oculus fulfill their own orders, so it'll be a difference between "soon" and "who knows when".

I ordered mine on the 22nd of last month and heard nothing for almost two weeks. Ended up canceling last thursday and ordering from Scan UK when I saw they had it in stock, and got it yesterday.

Being an aussie, this is an issue. hrm.

EDIT: Seller on Ebay had an ex-demo unit for like, $20 more than I would have paid Facebook themselves. Cancelled the order and went for that instead. should arrive by the end of the week.
(Still gonna have to wait for that third Sensor though... ah well.)

Poster#1

This is what i have in Oculus Logs. is something wrong? i can't install Oculus software.
[Debug] [8/7/2017 2:21:22 PM] Starting up OculusSetup v1.16.0.0.
[Debug] [8/7/2017 2:21:22 PM] Command-line arguments: []
[Debug] [8/7/2017 2:21:22 PM] Setting locale to 'en_US'.
[Debug] [8/7/2017 2:21:22 PM] Setup action: Install.
[Debug] [8/7/2017 2:21:22 PM] Created secure temp directory at 'C:\Users\Hadi\AppData\Local\Temp\OculusSetup-ccc96392-2ada-473e-9cd3-497d69f269bf'.
[Debug] [8/7/2017 2:21:22 PM] Extracting asset 'libeay32.dll'.
[Debug] [8/7/2017 2:21:22 PM] Extracting asset 'ssleay32.dll'.
[Debug] [8/7/2017 2:21:22 PM] Extracting asset 'DaybreakNative.dll'.
[Debug] [8/7/2017 2:21:22 PM] Extracting asset 'OafIpc.dll'.
[Debug] [8/7/2017 2:21:22 PM] Initialising Analytics.
[Error] [8/7/2017 2:21:24 PM] DeviceIoControl() failed with 0 bytes returned. [1008]
[Warning] [8/7/2017 2:21:24 PM] Exception when enumerating drives:
System.Exception: Exception of type 'System.Exception' was thrown.
at Dawn.Win32.Kernel.IsInternal(DriveInfo driveInfo)
at Dawn.InstallLocations.Scan(Int64 requiredSpace)
[Debug] [8/7/2017 2:21:24 PM] Found candidate install locations: [C:\, D:\]
[Debug] [8/7/2017 2:21:24 PM] Selecting install location 'C:\Program Files\Oculus\'.
[Debug] [8/7/2017 2:21:24 PM] Free space at install location: 587036790784
[Debug] [8/7/2017 2:21:24 PM] Finished network-blocked initialisation.
[Debug] [8/7/2017 2:21:27 PM] Querying machine metadata.
[Debug] [8/7/2017 2:21:27 PM] Anti-virus found: Windows Defender(397568, Enabled, Up-to-date)
[Debug] [8/7/2017 2:21:27 PM] Starting preflight checks.
[Debug] [8/7/2017 2:21:27 PM] RunCheck 'Dawn.Preflight.ConfigInitialisedCheck' succeeded.
[Debug] [8/7/2017 2:21:27 PM] RunCheck 'Dawn.Preflight.ConfigGestaltCheck' succeeded.
[Debug] [8/7/2017 2:21:27 PM] RunCheck 'Dawn.Preflight.CpuArchitectureCheck' succeeded.
[Debug] [8/7/2017 2:21:27 PM] RunCheck 'Dawn.Preflight.OsVersionCheck' succeeded.
[Debug] [8/7/2017 2:21:27 PM] RunCheck 'Dawn.Preflight.HotfixCheck' succeeded.
[Debug] [8/7/2017 2:21:27 PM] RunCheck 'Dawn.Preflight.InstallLocationCheck' succeeded.
[Debug] [8/7/2017 2:21:27 PM] RunCheck 'Dawn.Preflight.RuntimeInstalledCheck' succeeded.
[Debug] [8/7/2017 2:21:27 PM] RunCheck 'Dawn.Preflight.RebootScheduledCheck' succeeded.
[Debug] [8/7/2017 2:21:27 PM] All preflight checks passed.

So I picked up Battlezone (which is awesome btw) I played it previously with psvr. I can play that game all day without a hint of motion sickness, but the second I try to take a lap in iRacing or PCars I get pretty nauseous. Anyone have a similar experience? Is this something that can be overcome with use?

Mascot

I can play that game all day without a hint of motion sickness, but the second I try to take a lap in iRacing or PCars I get pretty nauseous. Anyone have a similar experience? Is this something that can be overcome with use?

How are you controlling the cars? It feels weird to me with a controller but perfectly natural with a wheel and pedals. I had a very mild feeling of nausea at first when using very fast Formula cars on winding tracks but it disappeared after a few sessions. I can now race for hours in VR without any ill effects whatsoever, so there is some time required to get your 'VR legs'. This seems to vary wildly between different people. The general consensus is that it does get better with time while you acclimatise.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Yes

VR lens inserts

https://vr-lens-lab.com/product/oculus-rift-lens-inserts/

Enter your prescription, they are custom ground and very high quality.

Total game changer for me, I can't recommend them highly enough. Got a pair for my rift as well as my Vive.

I've heard mixed things about the VR Lens Labs solution, apparently WIDMOvr is the way to go now? At least for Rift as I don't think they offer a Vive solution yet.

Shifty

So those active cables didn't help (unless I am supposed to buy power cables for them?)

Which sucks royally, because that means there might be no extender that helps me get 3.0 on the sensors. Not that I have had tracking issues anyway.

For what it's worth I've been able to get 3.0 for my two-sensor setup, one of which is hooked up with this active cable. I'm using this Inateck card for the sensors with the rift going into a mobo USB3 port.

Being an aussie, this is an issue. hrm.

EDIT: Seller on Ebay had an ex-demo unit for like, $20 more than I would have paid Facebook themselves. Cancelled the order and went for that instead. should arrive by the end of the week.
(Still gonna have to wait for that third Sensor though... ah well.)

Not bad! And to be fair, two-sensor 360 seems pretty good so far. You'll have a good time regardless.

Yes

VR lens inserts

https://vr-lens-lab.com/product/oculus-rift-lens-inserts/

Enter your prescription, they are custom ground and very high quality.

Total game changer for me, I can't recommend them highly enough. Got a pair for my rift as well as my Vive.

I've heard mixed things about the VR Lens Labs solution, apparently WIDMOvr is the way to go now? At least for Rift as I don't think they offer a Vive solution yet.

I'm interested to hear more about this. The more I use my rift the more I think I need to order prescription lenses ASAP because being short-sighted sucks in VR.

m0dus, did you go for any of the fancy lens options like RABS lenses or the blueguard filter?

vanfanel1car

Neo Member
So I picked up Battlezone (which is awesome btw) I played it previously with psvr. I can play that game all day without a hint of motion sickness, but the second I try to take a lap in iRacing or PCars I get pretty nauseous. Anyone have a similar experience? Is this something that can be overcome with use?

Yes, my first attempt at racing in assetto corsa had me feel ill on the very first turn. I'd just race a little bit at a time and gradually build up. In less than 2 weeks I was doing complete races without problems. Just don't force yourself through.

Mascot

Yes, my first attempt at racing in assetto corsa had me feel ill on the very first turn. I'd just race a little bit at a time and gradually build up. In less than 2 weeks I was doing complete races without problems. Just don't force yourself through.

Joypad or FFB wheel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom