• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Offical NBA2K9 GAF Season 7 Thread of High Hopes

ecnal

Tideas said:
either the AI is smarter this year, or I suck, but man, I keep getting owned by the AI.

the ai cheats assuming you're playing on HOF difficulty.

they do the retarded C to PF (or vice versa) pass down low in the paint that leaves defenders in this perpetual animation of trying to find the ball, and they bomb 3's.

i've never been able to get the CPU under 50% shooting on HOF.

Birdman02

WTF happened? The league site shows we've advanced to the semis, and I won game seven 0-0. I'm assuming you didn't do that, Smokey. It was too good of a series to end this way.

DCX

DCX
Well, tough titties the show must go on! :lol :lol :lol DM, we can start this tonight if you are around.

DCX

Smokey

I've been talking to the 2k dev and engineer all day. Round 2 was screwed up so they went ahead and moved it to round 3. Here is her response:

2kdev said:
Play a custom league game and let me know the winner. I'll then have that gamertag moved to the next round. From what we can tell that previous round is just screwed in your league so i don't think we'll be able to 'restart' it.

So that's what we we'll have to do. We can meet in the owner lobby like a normal season game and I will send the custom challenge.

Malleymal said:
hhaahhh wtf.... if smokey didnt blow a fuse shit would be solid... i guess they saw that and pushed it ahead

Blowing a fuse or not if somebody decides to quit that shouldn't break your fucking game. I shouldn't have to go contact a fucking dev everytime something happens. That's terrible programming and is really a testament to how much they fucked up the online portion this season.

I quit that game and we immediately went into the next game. Everything was showing correctly otherwise it wouldn't of let us go to game 6. After that game was completed is when it screwed up.

Either way I'm just ready for this series to be over. The fire I had to win is almost gone tbh because of all of these problems. Not to say I don't want to win, but this game and it's issues have been draining me.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
charsace said:
AI cheats on every level higher than the default one.

turn off clutch in the settings

I've been blown out by 50 and won by 70. With clutch on, the rubberband AI kicks in. Ever miss a layup on a fast break? Now you know why.

Smokey

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i remember that game. i should have taken my foot off the gas but when you're a champ like me you can't let up. sorry jobbie :(

wat:lol

i'm full of laughs at this game right now

birdman! the quest continues tomorrow!

ecnal

jobber said:
turn off clutch in the settings

I've been blown out by 50 and won by 70. With clutch on, the rubberband AI kicks in. Ever miss a layup on a fast break? Now you know why.

this is something we have to do for the league as well.

CLUTCH FACTOR OFF NEXT SEASON PLEASE.

charsace

FrenchMovieTheme said:
is clutch the reason you assholes nail every last second shot on me, even with bums??
You just realize this shit now. I've been complaining about this all year. I get people to run the clock and everyone seems to get better when the shot clock is under 5 seconds. You can't turn clutch off because players still make those shitty shots. This includes the end of the bench scrubs too.

Live 10

Smokey

It is done......

Cerrius I await you in the semifinals (well after I PM the dev and tell her to fix it).

Great series Birdman. It's a shame it went on for almost 2 weeks with the problems with this game. You pushed me further to the edge then anybody else. I'm glad my defense showed up for game 7 and contained Dunleavy. I'll never understand how you were able to use him like you did.

Intense series, I'm just finally glad it's over. GG.

DMczaf

Smokey said:
It is done......

Cerrius I await you

j7zzvc.gif

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
wait wat, I wasn't finished with the second round. I still needed one more win to put away Hey Low 2.

Smokey

Cerrius said:
wait wat, I wasn't finished with the second round. I still needed one more win to put away Hey Low 2.

Maybe you missed the last few threads but basically round 2 we encountered a glitch in the series with Birdman and I. So I talked to 2k devs and because it was so messed up they went ahead and advanced it to round 3 on their end.

Birdman and I had to play our game 7 in a custom challenge to decide who would play you in round 3.

Smokey

Alright so everything is finally in order.

Twolves
Bobcats

Lakers
Suns

Those are the matchups. Lets see if we can make this round go quicker than the last!

Cerrius when can you go.

DCX

DCX
Smokey said:
Alright so everything is finally in order.

Twolves
Bobcats

Lakers
Suns

Those are the matchups. Lets see if we can make this round go quicker than the last!

Cerrius when can you go.
We should be able to knock this out in two, maybe three days.

DCX

DMczaf

DCX said:

DCX

What?! I never spoke to you! You don't speak for me!

DCX

DCX
DMczaf said:
What?! I never spoke to you! You don't speak for me!

Umm...yeah, exactly what i was thinking so which two to three days do you want to make it? :D

DCX

DCX

DCX
...down 2-0. 2K wants me out of the playoffs...i go into the forth either tied or leading and the first 3 minutes i can't make a basket...and the last minute and a half...both games..ugh..series seems to be done tonight if it keeps ups.

DCX

Smokey

Mrbob said:
Damn Smokey had an epic choke job in game two of his series with Cerrius. :eek:

It's okay. I always get one of those games at least once a series.

Glad I got this one out of my system instead of like game 5 or something:lol

DCX

DCX
Book it. I'm winning this series and winning the championship! :D That said, Dm i'm ready to finish this tonight, i'll hit you up on AIM.

DCX

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Nice job on the series win Smokey.

Well gang, it's been a fun 2 seasons of 2K9 basketball but as I stated before I'm officially done.

Gonna be a verrryy interesting battle between Live 10 and 2K10 this year.

GO EA!!

Smokey

Cerrius said:
Nice job on the series win Smokey.

Well gang, it's been a fun 2 seasons of 2K9 basketball but as I stated before I'm officially done.

Gonna be a verrryy interesting battle between Live 10 and 2K10 this year.

GO EA!!

Yeah man good series.

After a long tough playoff run, we've made it back to the 2K 'ship boys.

NBA%20trophy.jpg

So I anxiously await the winner of Suns/Lakers.

Top Bottom